Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

My Tales of XIllia 2 team right now:

fa247dad35ac973d79d0e794044c9816.png

Past level 100 without NG+, not too shabby.

and here's me getting leveled by a blizzard attack even though it's far over already!

Spoiler

56f97c53d33840c710d5bfd550613dc2.png

As you can see the blizzard/snow effect across the screen and my teammates laying all over the field.

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Urine luck that Cao Pi wasn't made playable until Dynasty Warriors 5. Though when I glimpsed DW2's Wu Zhang Plains battle, he is a generic officer near Cao Cao there.

Haha! XD

And I know you're thinking "Cao Cao at Wu Zhang Plains"? And so are Liu Bei, Dian Wei, and Guan Yu. They didn't have many officers in the very first game. 8 each for Wu and Shu, 7 for Wei, and 5 for the Other grouping. They had to take some liberties to have enough named people show up for the final fight.

This is one thing you could argue the Jin campaign of future DW games yet to come still needs: more non-generics.
You spend half the time fighting generics (also Wen Yang), and that feels kind of odd, when compared to all the other campaigns (though you could make the argument that Cao Pi has no business showing up in the final historical Wu fight at Hefei Castle in DW8, either).

The "original 28" DW characters are.:

Reveal hidden contents

Wei:

1. Cao Cao
  2. Xiahou Dun
  3. Dian Wei
  4. Xu Zhu
  5. Xiahou Yuan
  6. Zhang Liao
  7. Sima Mwahaha

Wu:

1. Sun Jian
  2. Sun Quan
  3. Lu Meng
  4. Gan Ning
  5. Zhou Yu
  6. Sun Shang Xiang
  7. Lu Xun
  8. Taishi Ci

Shu:

1. Zhuge Liang
  2. Guan Yu
  3. Zhang Fei
  4. Zhao Yun
  5. Liu Bei
  6. Huang Zhong
  7. Ma Chao
  8. Jiang Wei

Other:

1. Lu Bu
  2. Diao Chan
  3. Yuan Shao
  4. Dong Zhuo
  5. Zhang Jiao

The bolded names have extra-perfect attendance, showing up as part of the 16 from the prior 3D fighting game Dynasty Warriors.

Fascinating!
I did hear that DW started life as a fighting game and only switched to the 1 vs. 1,000 gameplay in DW2 (hence the addendum of "Shin" in front of the original Japanese title "Sangoku Musou").

The other two who comprised that 16 were Nobunaga and Hideyoshi (under some other name of his- Toukichi).

That guy had at least three names. During his early years, he served the Imagawa clan under the name Kinoshita Toukichiro (which is probably where his name Toukichi in DW1 came from). Then later, when he came to the Oda and brought victory at Inabayama castle, he took the name Hideyoshi Hashiba, and received the name Toyotomi from the imperial court after he took on Nobunaga's legacy.
And I totally did not just now look this up.

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

My Tales of XIllia 2 team right now:

fa247dad35ac973d79d0e794044c9816.png

Past level 100 without NG+, not too shabby.

Nice! Congrats! Looking at the playtime, I see that it took a while to get that far!

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

and here's me getting leveled by a blizzard attack even though it's far over already!

Reveal hidden contents

56f97c53d33840c710d5bfd550613dc2.png

As you can see the blizzard/snow effect across the screen and my teammates laying all over the field.

F

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Nice! Congrats! Looking at the playtime, I see that it took a while to get that far!

F

A bit, yeah. Some of it was me just doing tedious quests, y'know back and forth, that kinda thing?

Yes, F indeed! The first time I didn't realise it never ended, so that caught me off guard.

Working on the extra dungeon now, and it's decently difficult. Having to have characters linked to fight is a pain.

Edit: Thank you!

Edited by lightcosmo

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Working on the extra dungeon now, and it's decently difficult. Having to have characters linked to fight is a pain.

Good luck! ^^

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Edit: Thank you!

You're very welcome!

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Also, dont ask how Ludger fell so far behind, I'd rather not talk about that! XD

No worries! That happens all the time. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

I'd say, I actually like that post Wu Zhang, there are less PC's around. It helps double down on the idea that the era of the Three Kingdoms is winding down. Less prominent people in the era compared to their predecessors. Like in 8, Wu only has Lianshi and Ding Feng around (and then historically Lianshi had already died by this point), not counting cases like Zhuge Dan's defection to them, which I find okay.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, I actually like that post Wu Zhang, there are less PC's around. It helps double down on the idea that the era of the Three Kingdoms is winding down. Less prominent people in the era compared to their predecessors. Like in 8, Wu only has Lianshi and Ding Feng around (and then historically Lianshi had already died by this point), not counting cases like Zhuge Dan's defection to them, which I find okay.

Good point, actually.

55 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hooray! The smoke is finally gone! I can actually see the lake again!

And good morning!

Awesome! Glad to hear that's done and over with!
Good morning, Benice!

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Behold:

This actually doesn't look too bad for a PS1 game. Runs pretty smooth. Though as someone who doesn't know much about fighting games, I can't tell how this holds up against the other fighting of the time, gameplay-wise.
On that note, I can see some similarities between this and Duel Mode in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.

... I missed a character event in Atelier Sophie. For the same character as my first playthrough. Who is one of only two whose events are permanently missable and hers are the hardest to keep track of, since the time window is ludicrously small. F*** you, Monika. F*** you.
I think I officially have a least favorite Atelier character.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I want witches

stellaglow01.jpg

Here you are!