Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Or subjective. Even with her Binding Blade art she never gave me the impression she was ugly.

I mean yeah she's not ugly her portrait didn't do her any favors compared to the other female characters in the game.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

20230607_092057.jpg

Dorothy being ugly was definitely an artstyle thing cause she actually looks pretty cute in FEH.

No, it means Heroes had to beautify her because they were too afraid they wouldn't be able to sell enough orbs with her as the motivation. Where the hell are the freckles, for one? You can't just ignore whole parts of a character's design for the sake of making them a more profitable waif-- oh wait, her official artwork also misses them.

Besides,

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Or subjective. Even with her Binding Blade art she never gave me the impression she was ugly.

Yeah, ugly's not the word. Ordinary is a more appropriate descriptor, in my opinion - which, to be fair, might as well be "ugly" when almost every other female character in Fire Emblem's history has been a supermodel.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, ugly's not the word. Ordinary is a more appropriate descriptor, in my opinion - which, to be fair, might as well be "ugly" when almost every other female character in Fire Emblem's history has been a supermodel.

Well, I mean.... I'd say she still looks kinda cute in her BB art...

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I mean.... I'd say she still looks kinda cute in her BB art...

The one that also misses the freckles lol

Fuck it, nothing counts but the ingame portrait. I stan an imperfect queen.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

The one that also misses the freckles lol

Fuck it, nothing counts but the ingame portrait. I stan an imperfect queen.

With or without, my statement doesn't change.

12 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I can't wait to store Pikmin 2 in my DNA one day.

That's nice, but what you really should do is pick a game to store in your child(ren)'s zygote(s). Now parents can add that to the things they do in hopes of securing their child's future.

I think Sky Blue would match the watery extremities... but if you're feeling bold, you can make it a Shiny Jewel Gray.

neutralchaosshinyjewelgrey-limegreen-yel

...I've never seen this.😄

I never actually ever raised a Chao to full maturity when I was growing up I think. And what I saw of the more exotic colors was limited to those in this player's guide image.:

SONIC ADVENTURE 2 BATTLE (Strate

Which did also show me the mature Chao.:

SONIC ADVENTURE 2 BATTLE (Strate

My Xenosaga knowledge is a bit rusty but I'll try to explain some things:

Ah...

Spoiler

So Xenosaga is a Persona spinoff. Got it!🦋

Seriously, thank you!😃

I did see the phrase “collective unconscious” come up right away, but between the rest of the pre-battle dialogue, the final battle itself, and the lengthy ending, I forgot the specifics of it. Meanwhile, I don’t remember ever seeing the term “Animus” show up (which in Xenogears simply meant human beings IIRC, but I only know that b/c I read it in Perfect Works later).

Random hypothetical that has entered my mind.- What if Wilhelm had revealed he had recurred the world before? It would have required very little for him to have actually succeeded. As for why he would’ve failed in this timeline, I wouldn’t have there be any clear cut answer. This would align with chaos’s talk of ripples having big impacts, the butterfly effect, where something entirely imperceptible ultimately changed the outcome.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Congrats on finally finishing Xenosaga. Now play Xenosaga Freaks /s

*Checks Xenosaga Wiki*

...Looks like most of it has been translated, but not all of it.

Spoiler

I don't think Elma is anywhere near as emotionally unstable as Shion was.

True. I acknowledge I'm being a bit of worrywart.😅

Though we really haven't seen Elma yet when she doesn't truly know things. Elma can keep calm throughout XCX probably in part because she knows everything about the White Whale and isn't phased by aliens, and Mira's mysteries don't present an existential issue to humanity.

With the ending of XCX being what it is, Elma is about to enter an uncertain world where she can no longer assume she has logical answers for everything. Elma is strong, but it will be curious how she endures.

I think they had always planned for Jin to die but because......you know, they had to rush how it happened.

It was visceral, it was lamentable. Yet again, Xenosaga Episode III was able to compensate somewhat with the execution ...of the execution.

Jin hadn't any death flags I could pick up on prior to this, I didn't see it coming. And he isn't even the oldest of the heroes, Ziggy looks and kinda acts like the old man of the bunch (setting aside chaos being the true oldest ofc). -But then Jin is Shion's brother, and this was as much about last-minute development for her as it was about Jin himself.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Where the hell are the freckles, for one?

To be fair, its just that this image is too low of quality to zoom in and see them, as that was one of my first thoughts too. They did definitely tone down the freckles (which is a shame), but didn't remove them entirely.

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ordinary is a more appropriate descriptor, in my opinion - which, to be fair, might as well be "ugly" when almost every other female character in Fire Emblem's history has been a supermodel.

Also lump me in with St. Rubenio in missing the ordinary looking Dorothy.

44 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

To be fair, its just that this image is too low of quality to zoom in and see them, as that was one of my first thoughts too. They did definitely tone down the freckles (which is a shame), but didn't remove them entirely.

...Oh yeah, now that you mention it, they're there. Super subtle, but they're there.

Actually, off-topic, but even more than Dorothy, I'm impressed Noah, of all people, got into Heroes. Like, Noah looks too ordinary and is too mature a character for the Heroes audience. Of course, I know the only reason he's in was because they wanted Fir in and had to fill the other three slots somehow, but still... Way to go, Noah!

44 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Also lump me in with St. Rubenio in missing the ordinary looking Dorothy.

Glad someone agrees!

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Now that I am done with Sekiro, it is time for something completely different

AJFCJaWrUp9Fx4EaWAI-cNmCDCzAYsvXLuedkMd2

Ho! What a coincidence, I was just listening to some of this game's music five minutes ago.

Do let us know how it goes. I really enjoyed this game (games? Much like Banner Saga, I prefer to consider them two parts of one longer game), and though in the end it could not quite topple my favorite Investigations 2, it's up there. Do let us know how you like it!

Ah, the classic name puns, like Auchi (Ouchy, to go together with ol' Paine brother), Iyesa Nosa (Yes sir, No sir), Kyurio Korekuta (Curio Collector). Haven't figured out the waiter, or the two Lawyer's joke names yet.

Edit: Seeing two people giving testimony at once makes me wonder if we will see some of the things they did in the Layton and Pheonix Wright crossover...

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, it means Heroes had to beautify her because they were too afraid they wouldn't be able to sell enough orbs with her as the motivation. Where the hell are the freckles, for one? You can't just ignore whole parts of a character's design for the sake of making them a more profitable waif-- oh wait, her official artwork also misses them.

You sure? Looks to me like they are very much present. Maybe less pronounced than in the low resolution of her GBA sprite.

Dorothy.png

Dorothy.jpg

Ah, the classic name puns, like Auchi (Ouchy, to go together with ol' Paine brother), Iyesa Nosa (Yes sir, No sir), Kyurio Korekuta (Curio Collector). Haven't figured out the waiter, or the two Lawyer's joke names yet.

Hosonaga is great. It's like they were discussing what gimmicks to give to each character and someone went "I know, make a guy be literally fucking dying as his gimmick."

Edit: Seeing two people giving testimony at once makes me wonder if we will see some of the things they did in the Layton and Pheonix Wright crossover...

Now there's a game I gotta continue

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

You sure? Looks to me like they are very much present. Maybe less pronounced than in the low resolution of her GBA sprite.

Dorothy.png

Dorothy.jpg

Ohhhh. Yeah they're very much there.

Well, that's me being proven wrong in every way lol. I blame the wiki. Their upload of her artwork is low-res enough that they don't show.

That new art is so awkwardly shiny that at first glance I thought it was AI generated.

It's most certainly not great. Increasing the height of her eyes, rotating her mouth by 90°... she just gives that generic soulless moeblob stare now.
The rest of her body language gives me similar vibes.

It's probably just a matter of time until they switch over to AI art.

I mean, even all the way back when they introduced Kamui she already had two left feet. Not like they care when limbs are not attached properly.

feif-april002.jpg

25 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

That new art is so awkwardly shiny that at first glance I thought it was AI generated.

It's most certainly not great. Increasing the height of her eyes, rotating her mouth by 90°... she just gives that generic soulless moeblob stare now.
The rest of her body language gives me similar vibes.

Well, yes. It's Heroes art. Sadly she's not enough of a meme to get Ippei.

...They really need to get Ippei to do a mainline FE one of these days, seriously.

25 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

THE BABAY IS AIDO NOSA (I Don't Know Sir...) You are killing me with these names game

The baby is also great. He has more character than his dad, almost.

20 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's probably just a matter of time until they switch over to AI art.

It's probably just a matter of time until everyone switches over to AI art. It's the same old song. Companies want money. AI art is cheaper than hiring an artist. Cheaper art leads to more profit, AKA more money.

The second AI art becomes half-decent enough to allow fanbases to justify it to themselves, every company's switching over. Watch.

20 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I mean, even all the way back when they introduced Kamui she already had two left feet. Not like they care when limbs are not attached properly.

feif-april002.jpg

You'd think they would've been more careful when drawing the feet, considering it's basically her main selling point

...Then again, the gaffe didn't stop it from becoming her main selling point, sooo...

12 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hotta Clinic? Is that a cheeky little nod to Justice For All

The worst character in JFA, to be specific.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The worst character in JFA, to be specific.

Very true

I got a little screwed by the Autoplay option, as I got locked into naming someone before I had the chance of more carefully examining evidence...

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I got a little screwed by the Autoplay option, as I got locked into naming someone before I had the chance of more carefully examining evidence...

It was John Wilson, Your Honor. He's the murderer.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It was John Wilson, Your Honor. He's the murderer.

Lol, note quite, but I did accuse the living Forensic Professor (Yujin Mikotoba) of coercing the Witnesses into perjuring themselves at first 😛

Jezzaille Brett...hmmm... its another where the name joke is apparant to me

Edit: The gibberish font for her to represent the "foreign" English is a cute touch

Edit 2: Why do I get the funny feeling she hid a gun under that ludicrous Swan Hat...

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

15 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Lol, note quite, but I did accuse the living Forensic Professor (Yujin Mikotoba) of coercing the Witnesses into perjuring themselves at first 😛

I can't blame you. Yujin just has kind of a suspicious aura to him, doesn't he?

15 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Jezzaille Brett...hmmm... its another where the name joke is apparant to me

That one I do know. It's a reference to the Sherlock Holmes stories - you'll find a number over the course of the duology. In Japanese the good gentlewoman was straight up just Jezail Bullet, the type that was fired upon John Watson and gave him the leg injury that got him discharged. In the localization they changed it so it's not gibberish. Brett likely came from Jeremy Brett, the most iconic actor to portray Holmes.

1 minute ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I just have one question, why!?!?!?

This again? I am not telling you the same thing I've told you like four times already, so instead, I shall react with this random picture I found in the 14th page of my imgbox uploads.

KZEhZXMI_o.png