August's Legendary + Double Special Heroes Speculation: Say Goodbye to Your Orbs

daisy jane

8 minutes ago, Mashiro Yuuki said:

Byleth wind is not entirely impossible. I mean, we got Eliwood with Wind.

Yeah, I think that is probably because we don't have that many wind candidates; Eliwood, lacking a particular element connection thanks to having Anima Affinity, probably made him the perfect candidate to do an oddball.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Very unlikely that she'd be legendary. And even if she had a chance, she'd definitely be Fire which I don't think is a possibility this time around.

I'm pretty positive she'll eventually be one. Maybe not before Micaiah or even Elincia, but eventually.

Just now, Jave said:

I'm pretty positive she'll eventually be one. Maybe not before Micaiah or even Elincia, but eventually.

Eh, I still doubt it. Ike, Lincy, and Miccy are enough for Tellius imo. And I'm saying that as a massive Tellius fan.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Eh, I still doubt it. Ike, Lincy, and Miccy are enough for Tellius imo. And I'm saying that as a massive Tellius fan.

I mean, who knows for how long IntSys is planning to keep this game around. If it's for the long run, they are eventually going to run out of candidates, so they have to get them from somewhere.

Heck, if you ask me, Tellius probably has more Legendary candidates than any other continent. Pretty much any character in those games that is Royalty is qualified for Legendary status (sans Deghinsea who is Mythic material).

37 minutes ago, Jave said:

I mean, who knows for how long IntSys is planning to keep this game around. If it's for the long run, they are eventually going to run out of candidates, so they have to get them from somewhere.

Heck, if you ask me, Tellius probably has more Legendary candidates than any other continent. Pretty much any character in those games that is Royalty is qualified for Legendary status (sans Deghinsea who is Mythic material).

That's true. But for now, I'd say only Elincia and Micaiah qualify out of the remaining Tellius peeps. If more candidates are needed later, then they're free to turn to Sanaki or whoever else.

I actually don't think we'll get legendaries of either Byleth or Corrin. Legendary avatars probably won't be a thing. Yeah, Robin happened, but that was very early when the whole system was still somewhat experimental and it's now pretty out-of-place compared to the rest if you think about it. Given that we got Fallen Robin (M) in the standard pool and Fallen Robin (F) as a legendary, they'd likely feel the need to do the same with the others, but it'd be pretty strange now to see an Enlightened One Byleth on a standard banner. And we now have both Fallen Corrins in the standard pool.

22 minutes ago, Florete said:

actually don't think we'll get legendaries of either Byleth or Corrin.

well, i think they'd do all the lords eventually - and they consider Byleth a Lord. as well as Corrin. maybe they pick the highest ranked based on CYL votes or something but i don't think they won't ever be one. 

1 hour ago, Florete said:

I actually don't think we'll get legendaries of either Byleth or Corrin. Legendary avatars probably won't be a thing. Yeah, Robin happened, but that was very early when the whole system was still somewhat experimental and it's now pretty out-of-place compared to the rest if you think about it. Given that we got Fallen Robin (M) in the standard pool and Fallen Robin (F) as a legendary, they'd likely feel the need to do the same with the others, but it'd be pretty strange now to see an Enlightened One Byleth on a standard banner. And we now have both Fallen Corrins in the standard pool.

I don't see what's out of place about it. If Fallen Robin F isn't precedent for legendary avatars being doable, she isn't precedent for them needing to be paired with standard ones. And I'm sure they'll add Enlightened Byleth somehow. The Fallen Corrins don't seem particularly relevant to me, a legendary Corrin would presumably be uncorrupted and use another version of Yato.

In the long run, I could even see both the male and female versions of an avatar getting legendary versions. Robin is the most obvious, since we could get Legendary Robin M as a proper Grandmaster Robin. Corrin could also get both Hoshido Noble and a Nohr Noble versions. I'm not sure Byleth has as much to work with, but they're also in that more complicated spot with the potential to justify being a mythic. They could also do something with the route split and playing up different possible relations between Byleth and the church.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

If Fallen Robin F isn't precedent for legendary avatars being doable, she isn't precedent for them needing to be paired with standard ones.

Uh, yeah? Obviously if legendary avatars no longer happen then they don't need to be paired with standard ones. I think I'm not understanding what you're trying to say here.

I never said legendary avatars aren't doable, just that I don't think they'll happen.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm not sure Byleth has as much to work with, but they're also in that more complicated spot with the potential to justify being a mythic.

I am extremely confident that a mythic Byleth will never happen unless they change the rules of mythics.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

Uh, yeah? Obviously if legendary avatars no longer happen then they don't need to be paired with standard ones. I think I'm not understanding what you're trying to say here.

You said that if they did make legendary avatars, "they'd likely feel the need to do the same with the others". I'm saying that is not the case. "We get more legendary avatars later and they aren't paired with standard ones" isn't any stranger of a scenario than "we don't get any more legendary avatars later", they're both just a matter of not taking Legendary Robin F as precedent.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

You said that if they did make legendary avatars, "they'd likely feel the need to do the same with the others". I'm saying that is not the case. "We get more legendary avatars later and they aren't paired with standard ones" isn't any stranger of a scenario than "we don't get any more legendary avatars later", they're both just a matter of not taking Legendary Robin F as precedent.

That is definitely a stranger scenario. With the exception of Duo Byleth who is very recent, every single avatar unit in the game has an opposite-gender equivalent or near-equivalent.

All the defaults, obviously (Kris, Robin, Corrin, Byleth)
Summer Robin/Christmas Robin
Both Fallen Robins
Summer Corrin/New Year Corrin
Both Dream Corrins
Both Fallen Corrins

It stands to reason that such a trend will continue since they seem to not want to appear as though they're favoring one version over the other, at least in the available units.

20 minutes ago, Florete said:

That is definitely a stranger scenario. With the exception of Duo Byleth who is very recent, every single avatar unit in the game has an opposite-gender equivalent or near-equivalent.

All the defaults, obviously (Kris, Robin, Corrin, Byleth)
Summer Robin/Christmas Robin
Both Fallen Robins
Summer Corrin/New Year Corrin
Both Dream Corrins
Both Fallen Corrins

It stands to reason that such a trend will continue since they seem to not want to appear as though they're favoring one version over the other, at least in the available units.

In the long run, I'm sure they want each avatar's versions to have an even gender split. But what that split entails can be complicated, and certainly does not imply obligatory legendary-standard pairing. Two legendary versions of an avatar would be an even closer match than the two fallen Robins, after all. Or the two seasonal Corrins, which involved one premium and one TT, very much appearing as favoritism towards Corrin F. And those legendary pairs wouldn't have to be in quick succession: after all, the two fallen Corrins were a full year apart, and Corrin F spent that whole time ahead by a version.

Duo Byleth F is also very interesting to consider. We should inevitably get a Byleth M meant to parallel that, but what kind? A regular seasonal Byleth M wouldn't seem like much of an equivalent, and it'd be really strange to get a Byleth M as the face unit of a Duo or Harmonic Hero anytime soon. So that parallel seems likely to end up a bit odd on some level. They could even parallel it with a legendary Byleth M if they really wanted, although I'd expect Byleth M to get some sort of seasonal eventually.

Plus, if Byleth or any other avatar ever has one version win a CYL, they'd have to balance that out somehow, so that'd be the perfect setup for another legendary-standard pair.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Plus, if Byleth or any other avatar ever has one version win a CYL, they'd have to balance that out somehow, so that'd be the perfect setup for another legendary-standard pair.

I imagine that would be the one exception to the balancing "rule" since it's entirely player-decided.

In the end this is merely my prediction. I don't think avatar legendaries are happening, at least anytime soon. Feel free to disagree.

On a different note:

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Or the two seasonal Corrins, which involved one premium and one TT, very much appearing as favoritism towards Corrin F.

Is it? One's theoretically stronger, but the other is easily available to everyone. For free players or those who spend very little the latter is a better situation.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

I imagine that would be the one exception to the balancing "rule" since it's entirely player-decided.

In the end this is merely my prediction. I don't think avatar legendaries are happening, at least anytime soon. Feel free to disagree.

On a different note:

Is it? One's theoretically stronger, but the other is easily available to everyone. For free players or those who spend very little the latter is a better situation.

Fair enough.

Remember when Legendary Marth came out alongside the CYL 2 Heroes as a sort of honorary CYL Hero? I know we're getting Jorge and Resplendent Eirika to scratch the same itch, but maybe the Legendary Hero this month will also be someone in the same vein? Granted, the only one in the upper echelons of the CYL results I can imagine getting a Legendary alt is F!Byleth...but heck, tomorrow's banner is pretty much the debut 3H banner anyway, might as well throw her into the mix to reunite the original quartet.

Spoiler

Sublime Creator Sword with built in DC to counter the meme IS themselves created with Sublime Heaven as a unique Special and/ or a unique Skill based on either Sothis or her Crest...I can see that happen. The Skill could also be another "get an extra turn in Aether Raids" one, but I suspect that'll be reserved for a Mythic Hero

Spoiler

like Rhea.

Writing this out makes me doubly sad M!Byleth gets so overlooked, since F!Byleth has the advantages of both shipping and fanservice advantages over him 😕 Still, I do expect him to get a seasonal alt to balance F!Byleth's summer one as discussed here, so there's that.

Edited by DefyingFates

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

F!Byleth has the advantages of both shipping

What? No way, male Byleth has the better shipping options for sure. He's got good options for non-students as well as students. Female Byleth's non-student options? An old man (Hanneman), a kid much younger (Cyril), or Seteth who was previously married and has a kid, that's really it. Seteth is like the only not creepy option for her that isn't a student and even then, he's technically way older anyway. Meanwhile, male Byleth has Catherine, Shamir, and Manuela, none of whom are all that old at all and wouldn't be damn weird or disturbing (even if I don't like Manuela's character, personally). And if Byleth marries Shamir, their ending even mentions kids, something that doesn't happen for any of his others as far as I've seen.

Funny thing about that though, female Byleth also has only one ending that mentions kids as far as I know and it's with...Sylvain. XD

Anyway, because I don't really care for teacher/student relationships, I was really disappointed when I found that female Byleth doesn't have any non-student options that I'd like except for maybe Seteth and even then, I don't know if I'd feel too much like I'm making Byleth replace his deceased wife.

It's just lucky for me I love Sylvain as much as I do. lol

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Remember when Legendary Marth came out alongside the CYL 2 Heroes as a sort of honorary CYL Hero? I know we're getting Jorge and Resplendent Eirika to scratch the same itch, but maybe the Legendary Hero this month will also be someone in the same vein? Granted, the only one in the upper echelons of the CYL results I can imagine getting a Legendary alt is F!Byleth...but heck, tomorrow's banner is pretty much the debut 3H banner anyway, might as well throw her into the mix to reunite the original quartet.

Reveal hidden contents

Sublime Creator Sword with built in DC to counter the meme IS themselves created with Sublime Heaven as a unique Special and/ or a unique Skill based on either Sothis or her Crest...I can see that happen. The Skill could also be another "get an extra turn in Aether Raids" one, but I suspect that'll be reserved for a Mythic Hero

Reveal hidden contents

like Rhea.

Writing this out makes me doubly sad M!Byleth gets so overlooked, since F!Byleth has the advantages of both shipping and fanservice advantages over him 😕 Still, I do expect him to get a seasonal alt to balance F!Byleth's summer one as discussed here, so there's that.

We just have Summer Duo Byleth. Wouldn't it be little early or biasy if she get another alt in under one month?

1 hour ago, Mashiro Yuuki said:

We just have Summer Duo Byleth. Wouldn't it be little early or biasy if she get another alt in under one month?

If Azura is anything to go by, no.

Adrift / Smol Azura's release: 11/12/2018
Legendary Azura's release: 12/28/2018

Summer F!Byleth's release: 7/8/2020
August Legendary's release: 8/31/2020

Aside from the rest of the Lord trio I don't care that much about new legends as much as merging my current ones. What I care is new the Astra mythic that September MUST have. Unless the dancer duo is too broken or the banner has something too crazy I will try to get 2 copies of the hero to run especially if the Mythic has support capabilities. Altina and Naga are garbage as Mythics because of the fact they have nearly non existant support capabilities. 

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

If Azura is anything to go by, no.

Adrift / Smol Azura's release: 11/12/2018
Legendary Azura's release: 12/28/2018

Summer F!Byleth's release: 7/8/2020
August Legendary's release: 8/31/2020

I recall quite a few people complained about that though. IS could have learned from it. Also, I still don't think Byleth would be Wind, he/she'd be Fire or Earth. I COULD be wrong, but I still think legendary Elincia and legendary Claude are much much more likely right now, with Elincia being most likely overall simply due to Claude literally just getting his Brave alt. Otherwise, I would have predicted Claude over Lincy...even if I really want Lincy more than anybody right now.

11 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

New prediction: Legendary Wind Hero Sothe~ he IS Zephyr after all~

Yeah, I don't think so. Even Sanaki is more likely to be a legendary at some point than him. And I definitely don't see such a thing happening before legendary Elincia or Micaiah.

11 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

New prediction: Legendary Wind Hero Sothe~ he IS Zephyr after all~

How about Legendary Tibarn? Nice green colours, wind association, wings. Has just gotten an alt so he's absolutely due for a legendary version any day now!

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I don't think so. Even Sanaki is more likely to be a legendary at some point than him. And I definitely don't see such a thing happening before legendary Elincia or Micaiah.

Sothe was not only present on the Lead banner but was also included in the little pixel video thing IS Did; Which introduced the lords in the various Fe games and Elincia was absent in that. So he’s definitely as or even more likely than Elincia tbh. 

Edited by Jbunzie