Rumoured FE games in development

Lynsanity

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how very few developpers have my complete trust... but Intelligent System is one of them. Whatver they do with Fire Emblem, I know I'll buy day one.

I'm not as adverse to the toothpaste hair, even the really long one, and I tought some design choices were very strong, especially the felldragon's defeat scene from the past. I also think having the past lords as shadowy pair-up units rather than actual playable units is a great idea, can't wait to see how that plays out. I have more doubts with the "fusion" shenanigans, which looked very  Sailor Moon to me...

My main concern is that they're going to release DLC after DLC with extra characters from past FE games, and if you want to pair them up with your team, you'll have to break your piggybank... (I'll probably pay for Hilda, though... =P)

16 minutes ago, Taho said:

I'm not as adverse to the toothpaste hair, even the really long one, and I tought some design choices were very strong, especially the felldragon's defeat scene from the past. I also think having the past lords as shadowy pair-up units rather than actual playable units is a great idea, can't wait to see how that plays out. I have more doubts with the "fusion" shenanigans, which looked very  Sailor Moon to me...

I think they’ve made a good call with the Emblems. They are equipments/buffs for the characters, but (at least with Marth) didn’t leave them as blank states or extras, instead opting to be involved enough with the story

18 minutes ago, Taho said:

My main concern is that they're going to release DLC after DLC with extra characters from past FE games, and if you want to pair them up with your team, you'll have to break your piggybank... (I'll probably pay for Hilda, though... =P)

I see that coming. I’ll wait a while to buy that game as result. Or after watching a review from some Mexican casual turned professional reviewers I’ve been following for over a decade

Only just learned of this ten minutes ago, and I mean that in an absolute sense, I didn't even know about the purported leaks existing so it was a complete surprise.

Now I've only just seen the trailer and read the last page or so of comments in this thread, and so the main feeling I have is just confusion. Is it a sort of spin-off like the recent Mario Party? "Best of Fire Emblem" featuring the series greatest hits lords? Because it feels really weird if it's a mainline game, almost like Heroes being promoted to one.

I do share the concerns of the player character being a bit too much of a special snowflake - the proverbial DeviantArt OC - but truthfully being someone who really just wants a customisable regular Joe with a mundane background, I was always going to be disappointed no matter what.

Oh well, it's the small hours of the morning here so I'll look up more concrete information in the afternoon after I wake up.

P.S Geez, they're really set on winding back Anna's age by a couple of years with every new instalment.

Hmm.

I'm not liking what I'm seeing so far. Too anime-ish. Too childish. Getting more and more annoyed with the female characters and how weak and girly and high pitched they seem. Main character looks a bit over the top with the 2-colored hair and the starting point seems so cliche with the  "oh I woke up from a coma with amnesia".

The gameplay isn't off-putting, so there's hope there.

But the world and story seems more like "been there, done that".

20 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

In fairness she was pretty young-looking to begin with.

I'm an Awakening baby so I'm not fully up to date with the history of Annas, but I thought she looked good in Awakening, at least on a level with the average for a FE character. Looking up the portraits just now, I forgot that 3H Anna looks pretty reasonable too. So I guess I'm just talking Fates and this new game, which gives FE1 Anna a run for her money in terms of youth. Special mention for FE4 where she even manages to look like an adult, despite the exceedingly low pixel count.

1 hour ago, TheArchsage said:

I'm not liking what I'm seeing so far. Too anime-ish. Too childish.

Fire Emblem character designs have always had an anime aesthetic, even going back to the first games. Many characters have been pretty young too, with a lot of teenage lords and whatnot. I do see what you mean though.

My real concern is that it seems to me like they're milking all the early lords as much as they can, and might not leave enough breathing room for the new characters. Part of me actually went "If I wanted to play Heroes, I would pick up my phone and play Heroes!" while watching the announcement.

I certainly need to see the trailer again, but I'm pretty happy with Engage. One of my texts to my friends was "this looks so stupid and I love it!" and that's sort of how I feel, but not exclusively. (One of my friends who wasn't into Three Houses but has been playing FE since Blazing Sword said he's really excited for this game. The other one in that category isn't excited for this game at all, but is excited about a potential FE4 remake.)

Awakening is one of my favorite games, and how this game harkins back to Awakening is both heartwarming to me as we know how far the series has come since Awakening, and it's also intriguing - is this game the future of Ylisse? (I doubt it, but it's fun to imagine for now.)

The designs definitely work in-world as compared to the relative vacuum that the leaks had, and the characters look unique and fun. The "Engage" part of the gameplay looks interesting, as it seems like the previous FE characters are a mix of Persona, Carnage Spirits from TMS, or Stands, and then Digimon when the two combine. They seem to offer unique gameplay abilities, and I'm curious to see where this goes. 

The story seems lighter in tone than Three Houses and Three Hopes but just as detailed in terms of lore and myth, and I'm here for that. I can't say for how that will all play out in-game, but I'm fine with the change of tone. It might be a nice change of pace if FE 4 remakes are around the corner. 

Speaking of remakes, it looks like Emily Rogers and Nate the Hate were right on the money with this Direct, which means there's a solid chance that they're right about FE4 Remake being the next thing. Sadly, it doesn't look like that game will be a 2023 release...although, if Pokemon can release two major games in one year, so can Fire Emblem! Never lose hope! Still, I do hope we get some nice Three Hopes DLC before the end of the year and all eyes turn towards Engage. 

Overall, I'm very happy with this announcement, and 2023 is shaping up to be one of the best years for entertainment for me ever!

I think this game looks terrible. But, then and again, three houses also look terrible when it was announced, and I really enjoyed that game, so I'm definitely willing to give it a shot.

I will reserve judgement until I actually play it, which I intend to do the moment it releases.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww yeah. Toothpaste-chan confirmed, baybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

This design is so brilliantly stupid I actually want it in Smash Brothers.

I quite like the art-style. It's bright, vibrant, and cheerful- the graphical equivalent of a cherry candy cane, and it almost reminds me of the GBA games with its saturation.

The 3D roaming sections concern me a bit, but based on the trailer (where Alfred was manning a shop) this might end up being more like a 3D version of the MyCastle. I'd actually be quite okay with that, as long as it doesn't repeat the dull tedium of the monastery. I hope the gameplay is more like Fates than Three Houses in general, which...we'll see.

A friend of mine whispered a rumor to me that they had the game fully developed but held on releasing it for...reasons. I wasn't so sure about that, but given that the old leaks were confirmed and the game's looming release date, that doesn't seem so implausible now.

Overall, I'm pretty optimistic about Fire Emblem: the Rings of Power, which is weird because I normally dread every new Fire Emblem game.

ftr i'm off work and done watching films with friends and got around to making the board so yall can make your threads over there

(not shutting this thread down, talk away if you want to continue as-is)

Edited by Integrity

10 hours ago, JoeShmoe102 said:

Fire Emblem character designs have always had an anime aesthetic, even going back to the first games. Many characters have been pretty young too, with a lot of teenage lords and whatnot. I do see what you mean though.

Yeah, I mean, look at my profile picture (Athos from FE4). You can't honestly sit there and tell me it's always been the way it's being portrayed now.

The overall aesthetic of the games have been changing lately, but with this one it seems to have gone too far in that direction.

I feel like if Thracia is to happen, it could be like XB2 and Torna, with it being released as a DLC expansion but essentially being its own game. At least that's how I would want it personally.

Will be interesting to see what artstyle they approach FE4 with tho. Will they just reuse assets from Engage, since Sigurd and Leif will be right there or will they modify it in some way. I hope they reuse Engage assets because so far, the models and settings look amazing. A guess the few extra years in the oven payed off.

51 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I for one am very here for a Geneology remake. It is Fire Emblem's 2nd best narrative. But here's hoping Thracia is bundled in to kill two birds with one stone. I don't see Thracia happening by itself.

What's your favorite FE narrative then?

46 minutes ago, Azz said:

Will they just reuse assets from Engage, since Sigurd and Leif will be right there or will they modify it in some way.

Given how polished the models look so far it'd be a huge missed opportunity to not reuse the Sigurd and Leif ones at the very least, if not reuse the engine as a whole. They can tweak the color palette to suit the grimmer atmosphere of FE4 and 5 afterwards, of course.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

What's your favorite FE narrative then?

Given how polished the models look so far it'd be a huge missed opportunity to not reuse the Sigurd and Leif ones at the very least, if not reuse the engine as a whole. They can tweak the color palette to suit the grimmer atmosphere of FE4 and 5 afterwards, of course.

PoR, of course.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

PoR, of course.

In hindsight, that makes a lot of sense xD

And PoR is a good example of a simple story being told really well! If Engage can do something like that, I'll be happy.

2 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

While I would be down for FE4 to get remade, I am also nervous as to how they would adept the more unique aspects like map design, gameplay and story intergration, lack of trading etc.

I think current trading is too convenient to take out, but my biggest concern is the story: maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I really hope it isn't censored in any way!

14 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I really hope it isn't censored in any way!

I mean, Three Houses literally contains an entire chapter where villagers get slaughtered, including children. Hell, one child in the monastery even plainly says, "Father, Mother, everyone in the village, all gone. Why couldn`t you have arrived a little sooner?" 

Spoiler

And there is Edelgard and Lysethia being experimented on as children.

Modern FE has about as much dark content as FE4 did, just more in the background. But I do understand why you are concerned.