Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

12 minutes ago, joevar said:

so we still not clear whether emblem has actual hitbox to their attack, or just fluff with actual dmg added to the moving char.

there might be fence maybe. seeing vander clip has the enemy hit pillar when thrown back

either holy or crusader imo. leif is uhh.. sidestory emblem? lol

so.. binding, blazing, sacred, radiance, dawn, awakening, fates(? though JP has IF as title?), and house/season emblem? kinda lame compared to grand sounding title everyone else got if its true for byleth XD

I kinda think Macaiah will be Silver. Just off of her title as The Silver Maiden.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, joevar said:

so.. binding, blazing, sacred, radiance, dawn, awakening, fates(? though JP has IF as title?), and house/season emblem? kinda lame compared to grand sounding title everyone else got if its true for byleth XD

I could see Corrin being the Fateful Emblem here and named after something to do with choices in Japan. Byleth could be the Enlightened Emblem I guess? He has his natural hair color in the mural, but the only other names I can think of are Flames and Progenitor, and neither of those sound possible (the former is just "Fire Emblem" and the latter would clash with Marth).

I also suspect Eirika will have a different title too, since "Sacred Emblem" would probably make her sound too special (though I obviously don't see Stone Emblem being used either). Does anyone have any suggestions for her or Leif?

P.S. If we do get the other Lords from those respective titles, I could see Ephraim and Eliwood & Hector sharing the same Emblem name as Eirika and Lyn; just having a different looking Ring. You could probably say the same for the 3H Lords but I imagine we'd see a lot of online temper tantrums if they weren't called "Crimson, Azure, Golden Emblems" instead though to be fair, those three don't align as well as the other examples I mentioned.

2 hours ago, ciphertul said:

I kinda think Macaiah will be Silver. Just off of her title as The Silver Maiden.

thats micaiah title sure. but  as per JP twitter. Celica get called Echoing Emblem, which is part of the game title. we'll see whether  the lord moniker/nickname will get more precedent than the game title with next emblem

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I could see Corrin being the Fateful Emblem here and named after something to do with choices in Japan. Byleth could be the Enlightened Emblem I guess? He has his natural hair color in the mural, but the only other names I can think of are Flames and Progenitor, and neither of those sound possible (the former is just "Fire Emblem" and the latter would clash with Marth).

I also suspect Eirika will have a different title too, since "Sacred Emblem" would probably make her sound too special (though I obviously don't see Stone Emblem being used either). Does anyone have any suggestions for her or Leif?

P.S. If we do get the other Lords from those respective titles, I could see Ephraim and Eliwood & Hector sharing the same Emblem name as Eirika and Lyn; just having a different looking Ring. You could probably say the same for the 3H Lords but I imagine we'd see a lot of online temper tantrums if they weren't called "Crimson, Azure, Golden Emblems" instead though to be fair, those three don't align as well as the other examples I mentioned.

fateful and enlightened sounds good. but stone emblem kinda even more lame than house emblem lol XD. maybe for eirika they will go with something that refer to her more specifically.

naming 3H lord with that wont align with Mart or Celica naming scheme as well. 3H truly a perfect dumpster fire of FE. 

31 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

demand a Sigurd day. 

Well, that's a given. The only question now is when that is. It depends on if we're going in chronological order or we're getting an Emblem after every two Elyosians, since that would explain we got Alfred and Celine together instead of either of their retainers in between.

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

maybe for eirika they will go with something that refer to her more specifically.

That's a good point! Maybe they could use one of Leif's epithets for him too? I don't know: Restoration Emblem for Eirika and Unifier/ Unifying Emblem for Leif?

I understand that these are basically just meant to be previews but....wow the dialogue between Alear and the Emblems is super generic. Like wow, probably the most basic stuff they could have come up with.

I'm really hoping they don't heavy hand the whole "peace and love" thing as much as they did with Corrin. That was one of my biggest complains about him.

15 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm really hoping they don't heavy hand the whole "peace and love" thing as much as they did with Corrin. That was one of my biggest complains about him.

Peace and love, unless it's the Kitsune. Then it's a furry weeb genocide.

Fates is uh... really something.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

42 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I understand that these are basically just meant to be previews but....wow the dialogue between Alear and the Emblems is super generic. Like wow, probably the most basic stuff they could have come up with.

I mean... these seem like the first convo you have with these emblems, what else would you expect from characters like marth and celica? Rejection?

I'm not surprised that this convo's basic. The lords don't have a ton of quirks to bounce off of. Especially when Alear's conversation with Celica is a standard recruitment type. It's just like Marth's where they say "please work with us". 

This is very much not a C-Support as these lords are unlikely to get supports at all.

Edited by Seazas

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Peace and love, unless it's the Kitsune. Then it's a furry weeb genocide.

Fates is uh... really something.

From my PoV, Kaden is to blame for that debacle. Surrounding Corrin and friends was tantamount to picking a fight with them. I mean, if Corrin and friends really meant no harm, he could have just let them through, but no, he had to let paranoia get the better of him.

13 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

From my PoV, Kaden is to blame for that debacle. Surrounding Corrin and friends was tantamount to picking a fight with them. I mean, if Corrin and friends really meant no harm, he could have just let them through, but no, he had to let paranoia get the better of him.

As much as I loved Conquest, this is one of those things that made me wonder if the writers were running out of ideas for it.  The last third of the game essentially came off as filler since all you're really doing is waiting for Garon to take his place on that throne.

39 minutes ago, Ziegenpeter said:

Man...😬

We need to go back to Robin-style avis, where the default outfits for male and female were identical.

I would prefer that as well, though I suppose I can at least praise Female Alear for not being fanservicey compared to Corrin and Byleth.

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I would prefer that as well, though I suppose I can at least praise Female Alear for not being fanservicey compared to Corrin and Byleth.

>not fanservicey
>hefty breastplate
>skirt with suspenders
>open thighs

...I mean...sure, she doesn't have Byleth's leggings or belly-opening or Corrin's thigh-gap, but like I would say she is fairly equal in terms of fanservice of female avatars...

I do miss full customization of the avatars. It was always strange to me that the move to 3D has us losing options instead of gaining them...

19 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

>not fanservicey
>hefty breastplate
>skirt with suspenders
>open thighs

...I mean...sure, she doesn't have Byleth's leggings or belly-opening or Corrin's thigh-gap, but like I would say she is fairly equal in terms of fanservice of female avatars...

I do miss full customization of the avatars. It was always strange to me that the move to 3D has us losing options instead of gaining them...

I can at least handle what looks like a regular skirt, compared to the awkward cut of Female Corrin's armor that feels out of place.

And after dealing with how absurdly massive they made Female Byleth's chest, at least somewhere less than that is alright.

8 hours ago, KoriCongo said:

>not fanservicey
>hefty breastplate
>skirt with suspenders
>open thighs

i like big breast like the next guy, but somehow it catches my attention too much despite her fully covered tops. yep, thats already a fanservice to me. something bothering about that female alear even though it still within standard anime size. maybe the golden lining and some kind of corset (?) give the illusion that it look bigger

12 hours ago, Crubat said:

so ig NoA is finally catching up and tweeting about engage now, with new screenshots seems like!

but why does NoA tweet about Engage always feels like they are talking from 3rd person view? (always with the question/non commital statement) like they are not part of the company who made the game possible 😕

Edited by joevar