Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

Figures once again I’m happy they’re not dumping everything per week. Funny that Etie and the Axe guy are the only early game characters not yet revealed but I wouldn’t be surprised if Sigurd is next before them lol. Plus any new gameplay info would be great like how Engage forms work.

11 minutes ago, Crubat said:

babygirl

Lol I’m a prophet!!!!!

I kinda figured out that the order will be 

Important character > Emblem character paired up with that said character > the two characters that work under the important character. 

1 minute ago, Rose482 said:

I kinda figured out that the order will be 

Important character > Emblem character paired up with that said character > the two characters that work under the important character. 

That's out of order though, Alfred is supposedly pairing with sigurd and sigurd hasn't been revealed yet in the jpn twitter, nor his retainers.

3 minutes ago, Crubat said:

That's out of order though, Alfred is supposedly pairing with sigurd and sigurd hasn't been revealed yet in the jpn twitter, nor his retainers.

I assume Sigurd will be revealed next on the Japanese twitter account whenever they make a tweet. 

As for why they skipped them and did Alfred's younger sister and her retainers first...I assume as she's the less important person out of the two, they thought it would be more fitting to get her and her retainers/emblem out of the way first? Idk, but that is my guess! 

Edited by Rose482

Guessing it’s Etie or Axe guy then gameplay info then the other retainer finally moving from that kingdom for now. Emblem will probably be Roy, Micaiah or Leif likely former 2 as they’re on the map shown and early game. Next Royal is likely the Red head guy as again he’s already shown in game besides Alfred with likely his set of retainers Citrinne, blue hair guy and/or blonde hair cavalier.

Edited by Chloé Waifu Supremacy

36 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

So Sigurd, a lord from a Japan exclusive game, gets formally introduced by Nintendo of America first before the Japanese Twitter says a word about him.

Of all the times NoA could reveal something before NoJ/ IS, it was Sigurd. I didn't even think about that before, but that's incredible xD

It is weird that NoA would get him first though. Either the JP account was supposed to reveal him today but couldn't, or the FEE news cycle is so bizarre even the various Nintendo branches can't keep up with what the others are doing. That said I think this confirms that this week's JP reveal is going to be Sigurd.

Anyway, his epithet is "of the Holy War", which fits despite being a bit dull. I guess Leif is going to be a Unifier then. Wonder what Seliph would be if he ever joins in. Also, Sigurd wields Tyrfing here, which calls into question the whole "Emblems and weapons" thing again.

34 minutes ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

Lol I’m a prophet!!!!!

Quick, predict an overview of Engaging and an explanation of whether weapon-locking is back!

21 minutes ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

Next Royal is likely the Red head guy as again he’s already shown in game besides Alfred with likely his set of retainers Citrinne and blue hair guy.

It's curious that so much of the cast seems to be from Firene. And a bit worrying if all four kingdoms are going to have a large cast as well. On one hand you get fodder for Iron Man runs, on the other you risk the Fates situation where the cast is so big each individual is a puddle deep.

2 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

@Rose482 I think they're going to reveal the Emblems by game order

You'd think that, but in the reveal trailer we saw these three Emblems along with Roy and Micaiah. Since everything we've seen so far has been from the early game, it's possible that the order we get them in game changes after Sigurd. Now, that may not have anything to do with twitter reveals, but at least the JP side has been showing characters in chronological order so that may be affected.

Then again, JP twitter gives us some practical info about each Emblem too which NoA doesn't, so who knows? Maybe they'll reveal the Emblems in different orders anyway.

That is a very good looking Sigurd and a very flat looking Tyrfing. I'd say he easily is the one to beat out of all three we've seen thus far, not that I thought the other two looked horrible or anything.

Anyway, with Celica it seemed plausible that this was some kind of model viewer I think, but here... not so much. It's not a neutral pose and he seems to be saying something, which does suggest a "new emblem get!" screen. Which sounds very gacha I have to say. Though nothing else about Engage does at all, so I ain't too worried.

Edit: Also this finally officializes the US side of Nintendo as a relevant source of pre-release news for Engage. Considering I specifically asked for this, I'm pretty happy.

Edited by Cysx

35 minutes ago, Safy said:

Feels like NoA will be just introducing emblems instead of the new characters which is strange. Almost like they don't have much confidence in the new cast.

I don't think it's that strange. They can't expect everyone to know who all the returning characters are and this way they can give us trailers dedicated to the new cast later on rather than having to devote trailer time to the Emblems (Or more trailer time than they would otherwise.).

3 hours ago, Cysx said:

Edit: Also this finally officializes the US side of Nintendo as a relevant source of pre-release news for Engage. Considering I specifically asked for this, I'm pretty happy.

I think we'll need more examples to be sure. I suspect FireEmblemJP was supposed to post Sigurd today and when they didn't no one bothered to tell NoA to hold back their post too. In other words, I think the former's tweet on Thursday will able be about Sigurd and we'll go back to them posting everything first. I'm happy to be proven wrong though! Just as long as they don't reveal too much, of course 😛

4 hours ago, Safy said:

Now to wait for Leif, Emblem of 776.

This may be because we saw Sigurd before I even got a chance to be amazed at the prospect, but there's no one I'm more excited to see in 3D than Leif. It just feels very surreal.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I think we'll need more examples to be sure. I suspect FireEmblemJP was supposed to post Sigurd today and when they didn't no one bothered to tell NoA to hold back their post too. In other words, I think the former's tweet on Thursday will able be about Sigurd and we'll go back to them posting everything first. I'm happy to be proven wrong though! Just as long as they don't reveal too much, of course 😛

We'll see ! Do we have any reason why there was no post today at this point, by the way ?

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

It's curious that so much of the cast seems to be from Firene. And a bit worrying if all four kingdoms are going to have a large cast as well. On one hand you get fodder for Iron Man runs, on the other you risk the Fates situation where the cast is so big each individual is a puddle deep.

What gives you the impression that so much of the cast is from Firene? It's only Alfred + Celine and their pair of retainers. 

5 hours ago, Seazas said:

What gives you the impression that so much of the cast is from Firene? It's only Alfred + Celine and their pair of retainers. 

I don't think that yet and should have rephrased the original comment, apologies for the confusion! Including Etie and the mystery guy we already have six Firene characters. If you add Citrinne and the blue haired person @Chloé Waifu Supremacy mentioned earlier (who I admittedly don't remember seeing), that's eight Firenese characters. Since most FEs (not counting ones with child units) usually have ~30 characters, it means Firene alone accounts for almost a third of the cast.

So if all four countries have eight nobles/ retainers, add that to the Dragon Guardians, any extra characters like the dragon girl and the Emblems and all of a sudden the cast becomes worryingly big.

But hey, if Engage has been in development for as long as the leaks said, maybe even such a large cast will have enough depth to avoid said "Fates" situation.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I don't think that yet and should have rephrased the original comment, apologies for the confusion! Including Etie and the mystery guy we already have six Firene characters. If you add Citrinne and the blue haired person @Chloé Waifu Supremacy mentioned earlier (who I admittedly don't remember seeing), that's eight Firenese characters. Since most FEs (not counting ones with child units) usually have ~30 characters, it means Firene alone accounts for almost a third of the cast.

So if all four countries have eight nobles/ retainers, add that to the Dragon Guardians, any extra characters like the dragon girl and the Emblems and all of a sudden the cast becomes worryingly big.

But hey, if Engage has been in development for as long as the leaks said, maybe even such a large cast will have enough depth to avoid said "Fates" situation.

Citrinne is a retainer of Prince Alcryst, so unless Alfred and Céline have another sibling, she's not from Firene

1 hour ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Citrinne is a retainer of Prince Alcryst, so unless Alfred and Céline have another sibling, she's not from Firene

Oh, I thought her bio said  "Alfred" for some reason, my bad! I stand corrected, and even better: that increases the odds of a more balanced roster!

Though there's still the risk of an abundance of royals and retainers...

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh, I thought her bio said  "Alfred" for some reason, my bad! I stand corrected, and even better: that increases the odds of a more balanced roster!

Though there's still the risk of an abundance of royals and retainers...

Yeah I believe Alcryst(originally called Diamante from leaks) is the Red Headed sword guy with the Roy ring he’s probably early because whatever conflict in Firene has been resolved atm so that’s why he and his retainers appear early in images not sure about the blonde Cavalier that not Alfred if he/she a Firene recruitable or another nation where Alcryst is from.

Edited by Chloé Waifu Supremacy