Special Heroes - Divine Harvest

Jave

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something just feels very wrong about making Naga the 4-star, especially when everyone else is so busted and has a prf weapon.

Also, why did literally every 5-star unit on this banner come with fodder that I need/was waiting to exist? Ugh, I wanted to skip. I don't even like this holiday.

This was a surprising banner all around, I never would've expected them to do a Duma/Mila duo with the former as a lead as they usually place their strong sellers in that spot. I honestly want Duma because he'd be fun to use alongside Medeus, with Naga being a side project if I can get enough of her. 

• I do believe Halloween FemCorrin is the first unit to come with 3 Tier 4 passives.
    Honestly the worst one can say about her is that she basically needs the DC(d) seal to function at her absolute best. Even the fact she just has Shield Pulse installed in her weapon is nice.
  • I like how Male Corrin sounds. I dunno why, he sounds almost childlike.
    Is he going to be a bulky/slow unit or an all-round unit? Up til now he's always leaned more toward offensive stats, so seeing him with only Atk mods is kind of... weird.
  • So Naga is the demote...? But what's interesting to me is that she doesn't have her Prf passive. Even if it's kinda eh, they usually give a Leg/Mythic heroes passives to the unit as long as the move type matched, but here she's just a regular unit.
    Inheritable weapon looks good for defensive dragons, though there's more methods of obtaining NFU than there are methods of obtaining Tempo so I'd say the previous Breath weapon will still be preferred.
  • Duma/Mila looks quite mean... and they even threw in the Savior effect just to add a candied cherry to the already stacked cake.
    ...I want them.

...yeah, I'd say this is a pretty good banner. I wonder if I can trade my internal organs for orbs at a good price...?

I barely recovered from pulling for L!Xander and now this. Didn’t expect this banner to have units I wanted, especially Duma and Mila. They really had to throw a savior skill on them, of course.

Also, they couldn’t even give Naga her prf skill or a prf weapon? I feel so bad for her, lol.

Lmao, I knew Nils would both be the TT+ unit and be green. And apparently even IS knows that Divine Fang (the base one, not the "+" one) is terrible, because they didn't even bother giving it to Naga.

19 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Something just feels very wrong about making Naga the 4-star, especially when everyone else is so busted and has a prf weapon.

M!Corrin already did his time as a 4* Focus last year, and since they keep delaying his Legendary the least they can give him is a premium seasonal.

10 minutes ago, Medeus said:

This was a surprising banner all around, I never would've expected them to do a Duma/Mila duo with the former as a lead as they usually place their strong sellers in that spot. I honestly want Duma because he'd be fun to use alongside Medeus, with Naga being a side project if I can get enough of her. 

They're clearly relying on the Corrins to sell this one. F!Corrin is even the character in the trailer thumbnail when (for seasonal banners) it's usually the Duo / Harmonic unit.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Lmao, I knew Nils would both be the TT+ unit and be green. And apparently even IS knows that Divine Fang (the base one, not the "+" one) is terrible, because they didn't even bother giving it to Naga.

M!Corrin already did his time as a 4* Focus last year, and since they keep delaying his Legendary the least they can give him is a premium seasonal.

I feel like they could've at least given Naga a prf weapon or something. Or an updated prf C-skill like how several characters (including Duma himself) get. With Summer Claude having both a prf weapon and his prf-B skill as a demote, there's really no excuse to not doing so other than "they just didn't give a shit".

Nils being the TT Unit makes me happy, because I don't have to spend Orbs for him.

HF!Corrin having Dragon's Wrath 4 makes me unhappy, because I wasted so many Orbs trying and failing to roll a Flame Muspell, only for it to show up in the seasonal banner right after the previous seasonal. This also may have screwed us out of getting Dragon Wall 4.

HF!Corrin having Atk/Spd Finish 4 makes me upset, because inheritors can't eat both that and Dragon's Wrath 4 at the same time.

Duo!Duma having Distant Ferocity makes me... actually I don't know what to feel about that one. All I know is that Phina has been wanting that derivative of Distant Counter for a very long time.

Anyway, I have a question: just what is that trailer music? I've been looking all over for it and I don't think it's in the game yet, despite the last two Halloween banners having used it.

Edited by Some Jerk

So Dracoween is still the theme this year. A bit boring, but whatever. 

F!Corrin has very nice art, that's for sure. As a unit her Prf grants Slaying, Shield Pulse with 3 more dmg mitigation, Spectrum +5 on enemy phase or against a healthy foe, CD acceleration per hit, Guard and the usual adaptive damage. The weapon has a lot of text, but it's not that crazy in practice. Atk/Spd Finish 4 is going to be nasty on stuff like A!Mareeta and other special abusers. I'd change Dragon's Wrath 4 for NFU or a Bullwark skill depending on what one has available. NFU is to make her self sufficient while Bullwark is amazing if she has some way to get the NFU status (F!Lilith, Infantry NFU or B!Chrom's Inf.Spd Tactic). 

M!Corrin comes to because it seems the Corns must come as a pair nowadays. His Prf has Slaying, Atk +6 on him and Atk -6 on foe if they initiate combat or are healthy, Guard, healing per hit and 1st hit dmg reduction on top of the usual dragon stuff. It's odd, but I find M!Corrin has the stronger weapon out of the two, probably because he's not forced to run defensive specials to still be a competent tank while F!Corrin will live or die by Negating Fang proccing. F!Corrin should come out on top with the Bullwark build, but at base I feel M!Corrin is slightly better. Dragon's Ire 4 is ok, although I'm not a big fan of the half-NFU being only during enemy phase. 

Naga as the demote feels somewhat wrong, but it is what it is. Her inheritable breath has -5 Atk/Res on foe and denies follow-ups. It's not bad, but I can't think of any dragon that would die to have this. 

Duo is Duma and Mila. Kinda unexpected, but not too surprising. This Duo is pretty strong with a stat spread of 47/46/19/40/43, the sky-high Atk makes me think it's likely it's going to be a superflaw rather than a superasset but we'll know that later. As for the prf, it has Slaying, +6 Atk on unit and -6 Atk on foe, defensive half of NFU, follow-up negation, and the in-combat special CD tick up for the foe that B!Tiki has. Woeful Upheaval deals 7 dmg to all foes during turn 1, up to 30% dmg reduction and is also Far Save. That's pretty nuts. And to top it off the Duo Skill is an improved version of Duo Alm's, as it gives 30 healing on a very wide range, penalty neutralization and Dull All. Duo Duma is really powerful, but he'll still fall short of the top Far Save units B!Hector, A!Idunn and S!Edelgard because he has no way to get a follow-up attack on his Prf which makes it tough to run Hardy Fighter sets, his dmg reduction is kinda low without Dragon Wall and is suceptible to both Armor and Dragon effective weapons. The in-combat special shutdown is going to be nasty when dealing with Deadeye/Lethality users, though. 

I am here for F!Corrin. That is all.

....BUT, man. Halloween and Spring are the two themes i hate the most because of how much i detest the design styles they generally pick for these two (like the obligatory bunny girl costumes for spring). BUT. they keep hitting it out of the field the field and this time too, imo. both Corrin's look really good and Naga is very nice surprise, although I wish her design was bit more, idk, majestic? but imagine a majestic halloween costume if you can; yeah, me neither. and Duma, man it's great to see these guys (Surtr, Muspell too) getting this much love. last year's halloween designs were also pretty good honestly.

tempted to purchase feh pass again to spark for F!Corrin, but i hope i get her without that. I think this is probably my favorite F!Corrin design so far. but it will be hard to do with 20 orbs; wish me luck, pls.

Edited by Sil/phire

The usual translation things:

The name of the banner, "Divine Harvest", is "神と竜との収穫祭" (kami to ryū to no shūkakusai), "Harvest Festival of Gods and Dragons".

Corrin's epithet, "Starry Seer", is "夜の星空の魔女" (yoru no hoshizora no majo), "Witch of the Starry Night Sky".

Moonlight Stone is "月夜の魔女の竜石" (tsukiyo no majo no ryūseki), "Dragonstone of the Witch of the Moonlit Night".

Atk/Spd Finish is "攻撃速さの秘奥" (kōgeki hayasa no hiō), "Atk/Spd Secret". In Heroes, "奥義" (ōgi), literally "secret skill", is the term used to refer to Special skills. This word is commonly used in video games in general to refer to special attacks. "秘奥義" (hiōgi), literally "secret secret skill", is commonly used to refer to "super" attacks.

Corrin's epithet, "Celestial Sorcerer", is "星の夜の預言者" (hoshi no yoru no yogensha), "Prophet of the Starry Night".

Starlight Stone is "星夜の魔術師の竜石" (seiya no majutsushi no ryūseki), "Dragonstone of the Magician of the Starry Night".

Dragon's Ire is "竜の逆鱗" (ryū no gekirin), "Dragon's Reverse Scale". In East Asian mythology, dragons have a single scale on their body underneath their chin that grows in the reverse direction. Touching triggers the dragon to go into a frenzy.

Naga's epithet, "Harvest Divinity", is "収穫讃えし神竜王" (shūkaku-tataeshi shinryūō), "Divine Dragon King Celebrating the Harvest".

Serenity Breath is "幽静のブレス" (yūsei no buresu), "Breath of Serenity".

Duma's epithet, "Strength and Love", is "力と愛の双竜神" (chikara to ai no sōryūjin), "Dual Dragon Gods of Strength and Love".

Ghostly Lanterns is "赤と青の奇なる鬼火" (aka to ao no kinaru onibi), "Red and Blue Strange Will-o'-Wisps". "鬼火" (onibi), literally "demon fire" or "oni fire", is an analogous phenomenon to will-o'-wisps in the West.

Distant Ferocity is "遠反・鬼神の構え" (enhan: kishin no kamae), "Distant Counter: Fierce Deity Stance". "遠反" (enhan) a contraction of "遠距離反撃" (enkyori hangeki), "long-range counterattack", which is the name of the Distant Counter skill. "鬼神の構え" (kishin no kamae), "fierce deity stance", is the name of the Fierce Stance skill.

Woeful Upheaval is "試練メガクェイク" (shiren mega kweiku), "Ordeal Mega Quake". "メガクェイク" (mega kweiku), "mega quake", is the name of the Upheaval skill.

Nils's epithet, "Wandering Star", is "永遠の星の旅人" (eien no hoshi no tabibito), "Eternal Traveler of the Stars". Or possibly "Traveler of the Eternal Star(s)". It's ambiguous whether "永遠の" (eien no), "eternal", modifies "星" (hoshi), "star", or "星の旅人" (hoshi no tabibito), "Traveler of the Stars".

Surprise Breath is "一驚のブレス" (ikkyō no buresu), "Surprise Breath".

Eir's epithet, "Life Ascendant", is "咲き誇る命" (sakihokoru inochi), "Life in Full Bloom". The word "咲き誇る" (sakihokoru), "to be in full bloom" or "to blossom in full glory", translates word for word as "to blossom and be proud of it".

Ymir, Everliving is "永生ユーミル" (eisei yūmiru), "Immortal Ymir". There are multiple different words for "immortality" in Japanese. This particular word, "永生" (eisei), literally means "eternal life". Contrast with the more common "不死" (fushi), which literally means "undying", or the various words that imply permanence or other facets of immortality rather than "life" itself.

On 10/3/2022 at 11:03 PM, Alexmender said:

Her inheritable breath has -5 Atk/Res on foe and denies follow-ups. It's not bad, but I can't think of any dragon that would die to have this. 

Follow-up prevention is not as strong as Lantern Breath's Guard effect, but it actually affects Dragon Wall's stat comparison by modifying Res instead of just Atk, so there's at least a viable reason to use this one over Lantern Breath.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Corrin: Starry Seer looks pretty good. Compared to Corrin: Child of Dusk, being green is a downgrade, but you also basically got Shield Pulse on the Weapon, which is a pretty good upgrade. I would swap out her shitty Joint Drive for Pulse Smoke, Atk Smoke, or Spd Smoke. She also wants Distant Counter on Sacred Seal.

Corrin: Celestial Sorcerer feels a less impressive, but is still decent. His damage reduction is pretty strong, but it is also more easily negated due to not being a Special. I think he is better off with Finish on A and move Distant Counter to Sacred Seal. Also he wants a decent Smoke skill too.

Duma: Strenth and Love is a Far Save unit. I think all he needs is just Quick Riposte on Sacred Seal.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Holy shit. Naga as the 4-star. Duma as the lead for a Duma + Mila Duo. Nils as the Tempest Trials reward. Are they for real?

Forget that, WE GOT BOTH CORRINS USING FOOTWEAR

R.i.p. Goldoa, I thought there was a chance for one more TT or demote representative... Ah, well, hi Nils.

The disrespect to Naga, though. Demote and they managed to make her already terrible outfit even worse. Sure, that's the appropriate seasonal to bring a ghost, but not if it's to treat her like this.

F!Corrin has a very nice hat, and her art is getting close to tolerable, glad they changed artists.

Pleasantly surprised to see Duma&Mila, at least, but not enough to go past the free pull. Deghinsea rerun, here we go.

Edited by Kori

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I do believe Halloween FemCorrin is the first unit to come with 3 Tier 4 passives.

I believe so too! Considering one of them is a Finish skill though, I feel bad for anyone who wants both that and her B Skill...

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Corrin: Starry Seer looks pretty good. Compared to Corrin: Child of Dusk, being green is a downgrade, but you also basically got Shield Pulse on the Weapon, which is a pretty good upgrade. I would swap out her shitty Joint Drive for Pulse Smoke, Atk Smoke, or Spd Smoke. She also wants Distant Counter on Sacred Seal

F!Corrin is Blue, M!Corrin is Green. Not that that changes much about your comment, but still.

Anyway, we finally got Cipher Corrin in FEH! I always thought that outfit was adorable so am happy to see it make the jump, just like Valentine's Lucina, Alm and Celica. It is straight up baffling that Naga of all people is the demote though. This is Rinkah all over again! She didn't even get her Prf Skill either, even when Scion Julia got to keep hers. I guess IS really hated it, or thought free dragon effectiveness would be busted on a demote?

Like Ice Dragon, I never expected to see a Duma/ Mila duo, but it was a wholesome sight at least. And free Nils, that's awesome! I look forward to getting him for sure!

I may pull for F!Corrin with some Orbs spent on colorless in the process to see if I can get Naga (that breath skill seems useful). Best of luck, everyone!

Okay, kind of freaking out even though I saw the notification in game.

First, Halloween Nils is cute and free! Regular Nils is a bonus unit and is already on one of my teams! This is GOOD NEWS! =D

Second, I like how alike the Corrins dress and behave here. It really showcases that they're the same person. That said, M!Corrin is just being super cute. They did a good job having him act like a sheltered guy who's still filled with wonder at the world. The VA did a good job conveying this, too! It's a detail that I think maybe gets overlooked a lot but could really add a lot of character appeal, as it's doing here.

Third, I LOVE that Duma and Mila are working together here! They're showcasing them as siblings and I love it! Again, a feature of theirs that doesn't often get highlighted. That they protected Alm was a nice touch, too. And that C skill is amazing! Looks like Duma's handling that while Mila takes care of the duo skill. It really feels like they're working together! Also, very glad Duma's the main unit here between the two of them!

Finally, Naga. ... She feels...really out of place. And her outfit...yikes. (That said, the ghost hood thing is cute.) I guess she sort of works since Tiki showed up at this festival a while back. I hope they show Naga trying to interact with her. And since Tiki comes with Ninian, Nils can hang out with his sister, too. Super surprised that the primary deity of FE was the demote here, though, even though she's obviously bait for those who, uh...are just hoping for those bandages to fall off or whatever. Still, a demote flying colorless dragon isn't bad at all.

This really feels primarily like a sibling (or sibling adjacent) banner. You have Nils and Ninian (though she was on a previous banner), Duma and Mila, and the Corrins (hence "sibling adjacent.") And darn. I want to summon Askr later this month (and my orbs are very low as it is), but I flippin NEED Duma and M!Corrin! At least Nils is free. In the end, I'll probably try pulling red and green until one shows up (and then keep pulling the other color) or until I run out of orbs and just agonize when I can't pull Askr again. 😛

It really feels like IS is beginning to remember to show some love to their men! Sure, it's still technically heavier on the ladies' side of things, but Naga was the demote (still surprised about that), Duma is the lead for his duo, and counting Nils (even though he's not on the banner) we have 3 guys this year! (And, counting Mila, 4 ladies, but still a fairly even split.)

2 hours ago, Midnox said:

Forget that, WE GOT BOTH CORRINS USING FOOTWEAR

OH DANG I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE! 8o

@Some Jerk

Pretty sure the music is from Fates' DLC maps, though I'm not sure what it's called.

(Sorry for the double post; wasn't sure how to put a quote into an edit of my earlier post.)

28 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

And her outfit...yikes.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it were another censor for YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

(Sorry for the double post; wasn't sure how to put a quote into an edit of my earlier post.)

I'm pretty sure it's not possible if you're on mobile.

If you're on a computer, you can quote the post into the reply text box and then copy and paste the entire quote box into the edit text box.

35 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

even though she's obviously bait for those who, uh...are just hoping for those bandages to fall off or whatever.

I didn't want to say anything outright, but... pained laugh

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it were another censor for YouTube.

I didn't think about that, but it's possible indeed. We'll just have to see when the datamine hits.

37 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

It really feels like IS is beginning to remember to show some love to their men! Sure, it's still technically heavier on the ladies' side of things, but Naga was the demote (still surprised about that), Duma is the lead for his duo

I think this is the first "male leading the female" duo since Alm and Celica last year, right? And only the second overall, I hope we get more parity like this moving forward too!

38 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Second, I like how alike the Corrins dress and behave here. It really showcases that they're the same person. That said, M!Corrin is just being super cute. They did a good job having him act like a sheltered guy who's still filled with wonder at the world. The VA did a good job conveying this, too! It's a detail that I think maybe gets overlooked a lot but could really add a lot of character appeal, as it's doing here.

Agreed! It's really sweet!

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

We'll just have to see when the datamine hits.

We won't even have to wait that long. We'll get to see the art as soon as the character introductions are released.

5 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I think this is the first "male leading the female" duo since Alm and Celica last year, right? And only the second overall, I hope we get more parity like this moving forward too!

Duo Ike was the most recent. Duo Lif before that. Then Duo Sigurd. Then Duo Alm. Then Duo Alfonse, Duo Marth, and Duo Hector.

Interestingly enough, every paired unit with a male character as the lead and a female character in the back has been a Duo pair and not a Harmonized pair.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Duo Ike was the most recent. Duo Lif before that. Then Duo Sigurd. Then Duo Alm. Then Duo Alfonse, Duo Marth, and Duo Hector.

Ah, thanks! I guess I was so used to girl-led banners that I forgot... so many examples, wow...

By the way, 4gamer's got the banner characters' arts for those interested: https://www.4gamer.net/games/369/G036904/20221004001/

I gave everyone a glance over and didn't see any changes. If anyone doesn't mind closely inspecting stuff like this, maybe you'll see some weird bit of censorship I missed~

Aww Nils just looks too cute. And he's free too.

I think the banner could have been more interesting with only a few mild changes.

-If Lyn skipped the flame banner and instead went on this Halloween banner you'd have her and Nils trick or treating. The two are rather close so that would have been a cute look. It would also have the bonus of Lyn not being such an obvious marketing department pic, but a thematically appropriate character.
-If one of the Corrin got removed and replaced with any one of the sibling you'd have Corrin and a sibling enjoy Halloween together. If they're THAT devoted to the dragon idea they could even have Lilith be that sibling Corrin takes with them to Halloween. 
-And if Duma and Mila remained on the banner then you'd have the emerging theme of siblings(or surrogate siblings) going trick or treating together. I think that's a lot more appropriate than just sticking a bunch of random dragons together. 

I like how Male Corrin sounds. I dunno why, he sounds almost childlike.

With this and the ninja banner beforehand they're doing well to reinforce the fact that male Corrin is a very endearing dork. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor