Legendary Hero - Hinoka: Thundering Wings

She got Canto, Slaying, armor effectiveness, true damage, Flow, and limited Sweep from Fujin-Raijin Yumi. She also gets Special charge+1 and Charge from Rallying Cry, and has long range Rein against non-flyers to support her teammates. She seems decent as a tank buster.

Wings of Mercy 4 looks fun. Should be a little easier to get into the right HP range now. However, even with the stat debuff on foes, this is still better on support units than combat units.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Basically. The 2018 New Heroes alts of Erika, Chrom, Reinhardt, Olwen, Hinoka, Nino, and Olivia were essentially proto-Ascended Heroes.

Speaking of Nino, if you read the notification on Hinoka: Thundering Wings being added to "Meet Some of the Heroes", you'll notice that the additional characters are from The Blazing Blade. This totally isn't foreshadowing...Imagine how amazing it would be if those Heroes got retroactive Ascended status.

29 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Speaking of Nino, if you read the notification on Hinoka: Thundering Wings being added to "Meet Some of the Heroes", you'll notice that the additional characters are from The Blazing Blade. This totally isn't foreshadowing...Imagine how amazing it would be if those Heroes got retroactive Ascended status.

Each month they add a batch of heroes of a certain title in the Meet Some of The Heroes website. Units that were released when this site didnt exist. And they go in order I believe, like... Last month we got Binding Blade units, and next month will be Sacred Stones units.

I don't have an issue with Hinoka getting a Legendary. I expect all eight royal siblings to get one, honestly, so it was really just a matter of when. Plus, I like Hinoka, so there's also that. I hope we get post-Birthright Leo.

I have an issue with Hinoka because she's getting in before male Corrin.

If IS wants to make the other royal siblings eligible for legendary status, okay whatever. Hinoka has no business getting in over male Corrin, though, who is the actual main character and deserves to be represented as a Legendary just as much as his female counterpart, and really should be showing up as a Hoshido Noble sometime soon.

And if the argument is that not enough people like m!Corrin for him to get a legendary alt then I guess Deirdre and Nanna shouldn't have been legendaries either.

So...she just kind of made her brothers irrelevant, eh? Dang Heroes hates men. Good thing she's a legendary hero -- it would be a pain for her to show up on maps I'm just trying to clear. She has amazing mobility, to the point of making ranged cavs not even make sense to use. Kind of hope she has poor stats for the sake of there being a reason for others to exist.

In the end, though, I'm actually really indifferent here. The only unit I'm remotely interested in is Dagr. So, I'll free pull green, but that's it. Easy skip.

13 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Wait what’s so legendary about Hinoka? She easily contributed the least compared to the other royals.

What's legendary about her is that she's technically a main character.

I mean, when you look at MCorrin's situation, it isn't that difficult to see why this happened. For one, Fates has a load of potentially viable leg candidates in the royals, from this Hinoka(taken from CQ ending as well as Cipher) to the obvious Camilla, and probably continuing down the line to Leo and Takumi. MCorrin is also pretty consistently the least requested lord, falling pretty well below the others in recent CYL placements. Plus, he's probably one of, if not the most overrepresented hero compared to demand? Feh has been trying to keep his alts in parity with FCorrin, but she's way more popular than he is. Roughly 4-5x the votecount in the previous two CYLs. While he's more popular than folk like Nanna or Deirdre, he also exists in Fates alongside a sea of options that are also all relatively popular in their own right.

While someone like Camilla would have made more sense to come first rather than Hinoka, I can see why they aren't in any rush to add a 7th MCorrin, especially when he's someone they can just sort of slot in whenever they feel like it without much potential pushback.

It's no one's fault but IS's that they insist on keeping the Corrins at parity even if their popularities are not equal. The Byleths were lopsided for some time, since Khadein m!Byleth took at least two years to show up since summer f!Byleth. The Robins were lopsided in favor of the female until this year, where apparently we are getting at least three m!Robins. F!Kris still doesn't have an alt years after m!Kris did, and m!Alear doesn't exist at all when all other avatars had a smaller gap (or none) between their additions. There's no reason we HAD to have both Corrins on the ninja or Halloween banner. That was their own stupid decision.

And Fates having lots of viable representative options doesn't make it any less annoying when characters who are objectively more important get shafted because they're the "wrong gender" or some shit like that. And f!Corrin consistently represents only Nohr, especially so in this game and with her legendary, so at the very least people who preferred Hoshido should get the Corrin that went down their chosen path sooner rather than later. Hoshido is not SO much more unpopular than Nohr that they should have to wait this long just to get Hoshido path Corrin.

Honestly, I'd rather have had legendary m!Corrin instead of ninja m!Corrin (or Halloween, I suppose, but I like how busted he is as a unit).

53 minutes ago, Ether said:

While someone like Camilla would have made more sense to come first rather than Hinoka, I can see why they aren't in any rush to add a 7th MCorrin, especially when he's someone they can just sort of slot in whenever they feel like it without much potential pushback.

I wonder if having a Queen Camilla already in the game (Brave Camilla) made them go with Hinoka first instead of her.

The reason of "Camilla got an alt some months ago so it would be too early for another one" doesn't apply to this game anymore, since we are having cases of characters getting 2 alts in a space of 3-6 months, and that's not counting CYL versions. Three examples are Ninian (Fallen and Legendary being 4 months apart). Female Shez (OG and Legendary, 3 months apart) and Robin (Legendary and Groom, less than 3 months apart).

The argument for Hinoka over the version of M Corrin for me is pretty simple: Red Bow Flier vs (probable) Sword Infantry. If they were willing to be creative with Corrin then it'd be a different matter altogether of course, but I'm hearing way too many arguments that simply demand essentially a 2017 unit re-release except that the Yato should have a prefix.

Make him a cavalry dragon or something like that and we can talk.

In fairness, the elemental heroes of the past few months have actually skewed heavily male. The previous one was Nerthuz (who also happens to be an OC), but before her, the previous four (Robin, Yuri, Gotoh, and Fomortiis) were all male. That's actually more elemental heroes than we got in all of 2022, although 2022 seems to have been lower than others.

It seems like they're trying to start digging more into the backlog of male elemental hero candidates, while trying not to spend a long time with that being the only thing going on, I guess? Which is a problem they've created for themselves in the first place (both with their previous character choices and in responding to the demands of a playerbase they cultivated for themselves) but I do think it's fair to assume they'll get to M Corrin in the relatively near future.

Edited by Othin

43 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The argument for Hinoka over the version of M Corrin for me is pretty simple: Red Bow Flier vs (probable) Sword Infantry. If they were willing to be creative with Corrin then it'd be a different matter altogether of course, but I'm hearing way too many arguments that simply demand essentially a 2017 unit re-release except that the Yato should have a prefix.

Who said I was asking him to be a sword infantry though?

I want him to have a staff.

Because if Hinoka can get a bow, which is available only as a class that Conquest canonically does not put her in, then m!Corrin can get a staff.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Who said I was asking him to be a sword infantry though?

I want him to have a staff.

Because if Hinoka can get a bow, which is available only as a class that Conquest canonically does not put her in, then m!Corrin can get a staff.

That'd be great, especially as they've finally let themselves be more creative with specials and B-skills for staff units. Hopefully mounted too.

Honestly I'd be alright with SwordInfantry Male Corrin just so someone can give the Yato some justice.

Right now the only version of that sword that exists is the original/refined versions (most other legendary swords on the same level as Yato have at least one other alt), and those things frankly suck. Darting Blow 2? All stat +2 and all stat +4 to a support ally? I remember people saying Corrin was a good support, but I don't think anyone has bothered to say that in years...

Edited by Xenomata

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

That'd be great, especially as they've finally let themselves be more creative with specials and B-skills for staff units. Hopefully mounted too.

Might as well just commit to the kinshi theme and make Corrin a flying staff.

He'd still only be the second male flying magic user.

I do hope that when MCorrin does eventually get his legendary, that they do something neat with him. Staff would be unique and fun. Speaking of Yato, to be perfectly honest, I hope it's brave FCorrin that ends up with the upgraded yato, though that may be an unpopular take. It frees up that design space for future versions of either Corrin, and FCorrin actually doesn't have any red, nor def-hitting versions(I know breaths get adaptive damage vs ranged, but typically it's melee opponents that will have more stacked defenses).

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I remember people saying Corrin was a good support, but I don't think anyone has bothered to say that in years...

Oh damn, that totally brings back memories, I was one of those people. But yeah, Flayn and Elimine happened, Nifls too. I mean, honestly, I would even say Hinoka: Thundering Wings is probably just as good of a support unit as M!Corrin, if not better. As a support unit, he got outshined in support by a combat unit. The only edge he has is that he is not limited by Seasons in certain modes.

I guess if they want make him on par with modern units, I would say give him all stat +5 (including HP) with Phantom all stats (including HP as well) so this helps cement his role attracting debuffs and winning stat checks. At the same time, give him Null Panic with Drive range to counter debuffs inflicted on him that spreads to his allies. Also bump his stat boost to all stat+5 and remove the Support Partner condition.

They can give F Corrin the Omega Yato in the same way they gave Raijinto to this Legendary Hinoka. 😄

But yeah, if it has to appear then at least give it to F Corrin so they don't retread old steps like they did with Marth, Roy, etc.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

The last time we got a human melee infantry Legendary/Mythic Hero was Nott in June 2021, and there are a ton of new skills that have been added and skills waiting for tier-4 upgrades for human melee infantry since then. I absolutely wouldn't mind getting a sword infantry at this point if it means we get a unit with predictable reruns with good premium infantry skills.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I absolutely wouldn't mind getting a sword infantry at this point if it means we get a unit with predictable reruns with good premium infantry skills.

I feel like we'll definitely get a Legendary sword infantry in Alear (both of them) at least. They even have three potential swords (all of which are SPOILERS for Engage) that they could use as a Legendary.

Also, unless they go the F!Shez / Yuri route or implement brawling / body arts, the Legendary Alears more or less have to be sword infantries. 

IS: has too many existing sword-wielding lords, so several of them take a secondary/alternate weapon for their legendary versions
Also IS: keeps making new lords whose primary weapons are swords

There is no reason why the Byleths and Alears (EDIT: and Shezes) couldn't have had something besides swords as their main weapon, considering 3H and Engage were made after Heroes.

Edited by Sunwoo

46 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

There is no reason why the Byleths and Alears (EDIT: and Shezes) couldn't have had something besides swords as their main weapon, considering 3H and Engage were made after Heroes.

Probably because they were designed for their own respective games and not specifically to cater to Heroes.

And yet they knew they would bring them to Heroes eventually. Besides, it's not like the main game series HAVE to have sword wielders as the main characters either. What's so wrong with lances or axes or bows or tomes as the main character's weapon?

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

What's so wrong with lances or axes or bows or tomes as the main character's weapon?

I think we can blame the prominence of Swords as the "heroes" weapon in literally EVERYTHING. Heck, even the legend of King Arthur has him use the legendary Excalibur sword.

Once the Sword became established as "the" weapon of choice for the MC in the early Fire Emblem games (to the point where using anything else was either not an option or not encouraged, and to where the FE emblem in Smash Bros is just a sword), they probably kept doing it for the same reason we have things like christmas cavaliers, triattacking pegasus sisters, experienced mercenaries down to the class, the lone wolf "taste my blade" myrmidon, etc etc etc in basically every FE game: tradition. Even when an MC does use something else (Hector's axes, Ephraim's lances, Micaiah's light magic, Robin's more prominent use of magic, the House Leader's Axes/Lances/Bows) they're never not the sole main character, and what else does the other MC use but the 2-3.5 foot one-handed blade.

Edited by Xenomata