(SRW) An experimental SRT J draft

A PROPOSAL FOR A SRT J DRAFT

Proposed rules:

-You start off with a fresh save file, New game+ is not allowed!

-Which Banpresto Original unit and pilot you choose is up to you

-Which routes you take is entirely up to you

-Which series you Favourite is also entirely up to you

-The Banpresto Original unit as well as the Archangel and Nadesico are free to use the entire game

-Every other unit has to be drafted to be used without penalty, though there will be a lot of exceptions to this. The penalty for using an undrafted unit is 4 turns, though there are exceptions to this.

-Undrafted units are allowed to persuade and sit their asses in a battleship. They are also allowed to cast skills like Strike, Alert, Focus, Guard and Wall if it keeps enemies from attacking them. All other skills are forbidden. They may not be used for support attacks or team attacks. They may also not be used for friendship, love or rivalry bonuses.

-Everyone will take turns drafting units/robots in the usual snake fashion. If the unit you draft is upgraded to another unit later in the game (like Mazinger to Mazinkaiser), they are treated as the same unit in the draft. This also applies to units with varying loadouts(like the Strike Gundam)

-Whoever you choose to pilot your units for you is entirely up to you, as well as how you spend pilot bonus points and modules. How you upgrade stats and weapons is also up to you, as well as which unit variants you use

-Since this is a draft you're obviously competing for turns. However, if you decide to play through the game casually and write a PT log, I'm very much cool with that

-One final request: I know RNG abuse is tempting because it's not set in stone at the start of a chapter, like FE does it. Please don't RNG abuse too much

Free units for certain stages:

In quite a lot of stages you are forced to deploy certain units, whether you've drafted them or not. If these forced units are undrafted, use this as a general rule: they're free till you get a battleship to put them in. After that, using them will mean a penalty.

Stage 01 (Male):

Mazinger is free till you get your Original unit

Stage 01 (Female):

The Aestivalis and one of Combattler or Blue Earth are free the entire chapter

IDFK THE REST YET. I haven't played this game since before the translation came out

UNIT LIST:

Nadesico:

Aestivalis - Akito

Aestivalis - Hikaru

Aestivalis - Ryoko

Aestivalis - Izumi

Aestivalis - Gai

Aestivalis - Akatsuki

X-Aestivalis

Mazinger:

Mazinger Z > Mazinkaiser > Mazinkaiser KS

Great Mazinger

Aphrodite A > Venus A

Boss Borot

Million Alpha

Lonesome Supers:

Combattler V

Voltes V

Zeorymer > Great Zeorymer

Dancougar > Final Dancougar

Tekkaman:

Blue Earth

Tekkaman Blade + Pegas

Sol Tekkaman 1

Sol Tekkaman 2

Tekkaman Rapier

Brainpowerd:

Nakki Brain

Kant Brain

Brain Child (Kanan)

Brain Child (Higgins)

Yu Brain > Nelly Brain

Hime Brain

Nanga Brain

Lasse Brain

Baronz

Liko Baronz

SPT Layzner:

Layzner > Mk.II > Enhanced

Baybull

Buldy

Greimkaiser

Bloodykaiser

Gundam SEED:

Strike Gundam

Freedom Gundam

Justice Gundam

Buster Gundam

Duel Gundam

Moebius Zero

Sky Grasper 1

Sky Grasper 2

M1 Astray

Strike Rouge Gundam

Eternal

Full Metal Panic!:

M9 Gernsback > ARX-7 Arbalest = Bonta-kun

M9 Gernsback (Mao)

M9 Gernsback (Kurz)

G Gundam:

Shining Gundam > God Gundam

Rose Gundam

Maxter Gundam

Dragon Gundam

Bolt Gundam

Rising Gundam

Nobel Gundam

Player list & teams

1. Rathalos Sulley: Hime Brain, Zeorymer, Tekkaman Blade, Baybull, Million Alpha, Aestivalis Akatsuki, Tekkaman Rapier, Liko Baronz, Bolt Gundam, Buster Gundam, Duel Gundam

2. Acacia Sgt: Mazinger Z, Layzner, Yu Brain, Aphrodite A, Great Mazinger, Buldy, Nakki Brain, Kant Brain, Brain Child (Kanan), Brain Child (Higgins), Greimkaiser

3. Excellen: Combattler V, Voltes V, Strike Gundam, Freedom Gundam, Justice Gundam, Nanga Brain, Lasse Brain, Baronz, Eternal, Skygrasper 2, Skygrasper 1

4. Haze: Dancougar, Aestivalis Izumi, Boss Borot, Aestivalis Hikaru, Shining Gundam, Aestivalis Ryoko, Rising Gundam, Dragon Gundam, Rose Gundam, Nobel Gundam, Sol Tekkaman 1

5. CT075: Aestivalis Gai, Aestivalis Akito, Strike Rouge, Blue Earth, Arbalest, Gernsback (Kurz), Gernback (Mao), Moebius Zero, Maxter Gundam, X-Aestivalis, Sol Tekkaman 2

Edited by Excelkitty

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.

Since we're probably just gonna have to decide which units to make free for a chapter, I'm moving things along to starting the draft for now.

I count 57 draftable units, endgame allows for 14 units + 2 battleships IIRC. So if 5 players draft 11 units each and make the remaining 2 free for all to use we'll have a full endgame team.

I'm just going to start signups now.

Players:

1. Excellen

2. Haze

3. Acacia Sgt

4. For hire!

5. For love!

ALSO PLEASE SCROLL OVER THE UNIT LIST FOR A BIT. I'VE PROBABLY MADE A MISTAKE _SOMEWHERE_

Edited by Excelkitty

K, thought about it (lol), and I'm in. I've been playing the old SRW's too much I think, time to play a newer one for a change, not to mention this shall be an interesting challenge...

ALSO PLEASE SCROLL OVER THE UNIT LIST FOR A BIT. I'VE PROBABLY MADE A MISTAKE _SOMEWHERE_

You forgot one of the Gernsbacks, there's 3.

Let's see... ah, the Aphrodite A and Venus A should be one entry. And you forgot Yu Brain. Granted, it does upgrade to Nelly Brain but it does needs to be included.

Ah, just remembered, also Final Dancougar. Although, will it be the same deal as Blade and Pegas or something? Considering Alan's unit is the same deal as Pegas gameplay-wise.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

You forgot one of the Gernsbacks, there's 3.

EDIT: Nevermind I see the problem

EDIT 2: Just going to use this post for the drafting now.

My RNG came out at 5 3 1 2 4

so drafting order will be:

1. Rathalos Sulley

2. Acacia Sgt

3. Excellen

4. Haze

5. CT075

Drafting will be done in the same old, same old snake style of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 and so on and so on

GL:HF

Edited by Excelkitty

The fact that there's already a draft going for J makes my energy totally sapped regarding my own PT. It's ok though, I have it bookmarked so I can go back to it and make slow updates when other internet activity is low.

I probably would have left this game to rot on my hard drive and never touched it again if this draft didn't exist.

Files don't really "rot" until the harddrive itself "rots"...

Right....?

FUUUUU - *goes to check and see if each and every file on his harddrive is still working*

Files don't really "rot" until the harddrive itself "rots"...

Right....?

FUUUUU - *goes to check and see if each and every file on his harddrive is still working*

Heh, not literally... :lol:

Right...? :mellow: