Toonami Mafia: Game Over

Elieson

I'm an idiot and cannot into checking end times.

Don't think I type fast enough to get everything replied but would still have something:

so from skimming, my first thought is that apparently there's a huge wagon on me because of one post I made when I was half asleep. that's pretty bad, I think. looks like time for a quote wall!

Saying it's all the fault of one post is putting it very wrongly, and it all feels you're heavily understating the wagon on you.

skipping one because I feel slow but I think you borrowed too much from BBM to look like just an agreement, like the point on NNR being scummy but voting on snike. It felt more like an effort to find a reason to not vote NNR yet at the time.

two, did he? looked like something out of RVS to me.

From what I perceived, he saw me as the worst offender as of here. And since I hadn't posted yet and really had left a mess, it looked sound.

three, please don't put words in my mouth. kirsche was the one who said votes should go on #1 scumread 100% of the time. I had a number of scumreads at the time of that post, and because my brain was barely functioning well enough for me to crawl into bed, I was really not up to the task of voting.

I am not putting words in anybody's mouth, I've quoted what is still there. You've left it implicit yourself.

"gonna hold onto my vote until I actually get a #1 scumread again."

That doesn't imply so much that you're not up to the task of voting at that instance more than that you backed on your scumread.

xinnidy i give you the same question i posed to bard in my last post: What were you expecting, what did you get, and what does it mean?

What I expected:

- A small post from SB to get a paranoid vibe or not in admittedly not the way I thought it'd be.

What I got:

- busy

- a jokepost that felt overdone when I looked at it first.

- Quite some content from a few players that own one too many passive aggressive vibes in some posts to make me happy about it.

- The hatred of every mafia player at www.serenesforest.net

What does it mean:

- I got reactions I don't like because of the tone and have a hard time reading them, ended up doing less that I really hoped.

- my schedule sucked.

- anything else will be held.

From other posts I can't be bothered to quote so late:

I'd kept my vote on SB mostly because I wanted him to answer my question (which he ended up doing anyways) and didn't want defeatist NNR to make me feel like something would be a repeat of touhou mafia.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"cam looks so bad he must be town" - prims

kinda sad meta

wanting to be super sure of vote makes more sense as town action even if it's unhelpful, scum can make shit up to look productive

cant expand out of time

V-V-V-Voderps!

NekoRex (NNR) (7): prims, Bard, Rein, j00, Naglfar, SB, Shinori
Naglfar (6): scorri, bbm, NNR, Snike, Kirsche, Xin'dy

Voteless Trash: Cam

Unable to vote/be voted: Manix

Ronin Warriors! That's what we'll bring back! People loved the Power Rangers and those other color-themed super heroes, so there's no doubt in my mind that this will be the greater time-slot worthy series!

The others were not amused.

What about my series!? Why can't I lead Toonami off with my show? It's far superior to your Ruinin' Warriors or whatever it's called.

Why? Because it's lame and doesn't feature my awesome Ronin Warriors! C'mon...Starlight Sword! Doesn't that like, send a chill down your spines?!

The decisions were tight, but the others just weren't feeling the series. The President drew the ballots from the box of Kicked off Kick-offs.

...and that brings the total for Naglfar to Six. One for Nekorex's Ronin Warriors, two for Ronin Warriors....

Seven for Ronin Warriors. With one abstention, that means that Ronin Warriors is no longer part of the Toonami Rebirth.

Nekorex looked shocked.

What? But that can't be! I'm the original! I represent this! This is my life! You can't take my idea away from me! If I have to, I'll just get it back on the air myself!!

And with that, Nekorex grabbed his folders paperwork and jumped through the window, making his daring escape to another network. He forgot that the meeting room was on the 19th floor. Until it was too late, that is.

Amidst the few scraps of paperwork left behind was a note identifying Nekorex's pride and glory. His conceptual idea was one not new to the world.

Manix walked in the door just as Nekorex made his dive, and looked around at the others, confused and dazzled. The President was the last one holding the slip of paper identifying Nekorex's quality. He scribbled a few words onto it, and handed it to Manix.

Manix, read this aloud. Secretary, recap him on the events after he reads this. I want everyone to know what just happened.

Manix read the note aloud, pausing briefly at some of the words he saw.

Dear NekoRex, you represent

Ronin-Warriors-ronin-warriors-24581766-5

Ronin Warriors: Compulsive Roleblocker
Feel the scream of my Starlight Sword!!!

Though the ancient power of the Armor is strong, it is, at heart, derived from a Demonic force. Because of this, your ability must be performed on every night. During the night, you must respond to your RolePM with "Night X: Nine fabled virtues of the mystic armors past, hold back [uSER]." where [uSER] represents another living player besides yourself. [uSER] will be stuck behind an extended commercial break, and not able to broadcast during their usual overnight time period.

You are allied with the Absolution (Town). You win when all threats to the Absolution (Town) have been eliminated.

Wow.

Night 1 has begun! Feel free to submit your night actions. No talking.

Night 1 ends at 1800 GMT-5 (5PM CST, 6PM EST, etc etc) on 7/24/13, and end up to 24 hours early depending on action submittion.

Xin'dy's ISO is no longer borked.

Editted some parts of RolePMs. Nothing major was changed, just image editting/grammatical corrections.

Another fine meeting opened up, as the Secretary unlocked the doors and the representatives walked in. Many were sleepy from the long hours of overnight work in perfecting their sales pitches for the day, but some were more upbeat than others. It was a smaller turnout than before. Eyes wandered about the room, as some seats were empty. No one could forget NekoRex escaping to his death, but there was more to be concerned about.

Suddenly the lights dimmed, and the overhead projector turned on, pointed at the wall before them. Faces turned and looked at the projection to see a horrifying message.

Bard is dead.

Spoke a familiar voice. The President walked into the room, shaking his head at the others.

He was killed overnight. It wasn't pretty. Police tore apart his room but no evidence was found that could point to a culprit. Gentlemen, ladies; don't let this bring you down. You still have a competition to win. The world is begging for Toonami, and we need to deliver. The officers handed me this note after the investigation had begun. Take a look at his greatness.

Bard has been killed. He represented...

Dear Bard, you represent

563851_297980056938112_1730270652_a.jpg

Thundercats: Alternative Night Max-Cop

Thunder. Thunder! Thundercats, Ho!!!

As the Sword of Omens is the iconic item played out through the entire series, you may use its collectable power to determine and see the entire RolePM of another player. During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with "Night X: Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight. Show to me the real [uSER]" where [uSER] represents another living player besides yourself. This cannot be used on consecutive nights, as you do not enjoy presenting a repeated solution to your target audience.

You are allied with the Absolution (Town). You win when all threats to the Absolution (Town) have been eliminated.

As the representatives read the message displayed on the wall in horror, the Secretary called the attention of The President and handed him a folder. He opened it, smiling smugly and read the contents aloud.

There's more. Manix has submitted his resignation. The horrors of being "tied up" were too much to bear, and he fled for his family and for his life, before it could be ended by force. So says this pink slip anyway. You should all see this, as I was looking forward to this making the cut.

The President flipped to another powerpoint photograph.

Manix has been killed. He represented...

Dear Manix, you represent

c_gallagher_sailor_moon_500x279.jpg

Sailor Moon: Miller/Virgin

Moon Prism Power!

Unfortunately, you don't have any special active abilities. You do bless the battlefield with a powerful glow during the night, and make your audience smile at the happy-go-lucky attitude of all your heroines. If you are cancelled at any point, the following night will somehow be protected by the Spirit of the Moon Princess, and no cancellations will be allowed to occur during that night.

Also, others will look at your feminine appeal not quite trust it. You will appear to be aligned with the mafia (you may not know their wincon), when scanned. The underlined portions will not appear on any scan results, but the mafia wincon and something else will replace it. This will be displayed on a death-related flip.

This is ludacris. The one series I wanted to see headlining Toonami's rebirth, and it's no longer in the cut. This...this isn't good. You're all working overnight here, under observation of my security equipment. No one is leaving this room tonight. After I leave, I expect to see you all here in the morning, with results that I want to see. Until then, get to work!

Day 2 has begun. You have 72 (+4-ish) hours to decide on a lynch for today.

Day 2 will end at 1800 GMT -5 (6pm EST, 5pm CST, etc) on 7/26/13. With 12 alive and present, 7 votes yields instant hammer and triggers phase end.

No deaths will occur during Night 2.

Edited by Elieson

3:30 am posting woo

gonna keep this short

Oh hey I stopped playing LoL for phase end. I would prefer lynching Nags so NNR can hook Manix tonight but it's kinda late. Fuck it.

##Unvote

##Vote: Naglfar

Will be here for phase end.

I think Nags brought this up before, but whole *NNR hook Manix* assuming NNR is autotown thing is kind of a big deal, especially when you look back to his earlier posts where he said that NNR was one of his scumreads. There's also the fact that he says that he doubts both of them are scum, but despite everything he never actually states a read on Manix other than that. Seems to me like an opportunity to line up lynches in case NNR didn't get lynched before Manix did. Here is his most recent "read" on Manix, where he avoids giving a direct read on him and just dismisses it as "cops might get fake role pms", which is actually what happened, it seems.

There's also various shit from yesterday, too tired to keep up coherent posting for much longer.

##Vote: kirsche

bleh I sort of have a gutread on Scorri now just for the choice of silence target

It;s possible I'm overthinking this, but after we decided to silence me in Drafters, I wouldn't put it past her to silence a town while hoping that I'd think that the mafia targeted another member of the mafia again, and find them scummier for it.

I mean, Manix does make sense as a silence target even otherwise just for being a spammy and active poster, but he wasn't looking amazing after the N0 exchange and I think it'd make more sense to target Prims (assuming he's town, I guess).

bleh I sort of have a gutread on Scorri now just for the choice of silence target

It;s possible I'm overthinking this, but after we decided to silence me in Drafters, I wouldn't put it past her to silence a town while hoping that I'd think that the mafia targeted another member of the mafia again, and find them scummier for it.

I mean, Manix does make sense as a silence target even otherwise just for being a spammy and active poster, but he wasn't looking amazing after the N0 exchange and I think it'd make more sense to target Prims (assuming he's town, I guess).

lol. If I were scum silencer or kidnapper I probably would've just not even used it. Speaking of which, no sign of it appearing today. Also, no kills tonight is odd, but also useful.

Besides that, things. I dunno, I'm not a huge fan of the Nags lynch anymore because rereads and I dunno, my scum read on him has kinda disappeared.

BUT! Because of that lol I have no idea what to think. Will try rereading at some point later when it's not late.

Just announcing that two more corrections were made to RolePMs. One, somewhat significant and one somewhat insignificant.

If you notice anything in your RolePMs that could be misunderstood, or needs clarification, please notify me/paperblade/Helios.

Edited by Elieson

not feeling the Naglfar lynch either, looking at how it went down yesterday it feels like both of the wagons were town. I would've understand how people piled on Naglfar if Neko had been mafia, but considering how close we were to the Naglfar lynch I don't believe scum would have chosen to bus like that. I also refuse to believe there were only town on the wagons considering everyone was voting one of them in the end.

naglfar wasn't really bad until late in the phase though i'd like to hear his thoughts today

have to reread but sb, you said you switched your vote from xinnidy to naglfar for consolidation purposes but votes kirche today, has xinnidy become a lesser scumread?

Oh yeah I forgot I'm an insomniac. Swell job, me.

Uh, yeah. Boogie Boogie~ and come at me mafia and all that.

Can we not just have this be a free town pass. Frankly the tone of this post I don't like. Which made me go back and look at his ISO and I saw a few other things I didn't like. In post #256 he comments about scorri debunking the reaction test in a way that leaves it so that he can actually swing town or scum on her in the future. Kinda don't like that considering she was a part of a lot of talking at that point in time. Bandwagoned onto the NNR lynchwagon as well originally just saying he didn't have many scum reads or reads at all in general. Followed shortly later in another post by saying he didn't like his claim. He didn't really say much other than that about NNR to be frank. In post 346 he simply says that "His case is continually worse." without saying how or why it is so much worse. I would say he did less than me but there is no way that is possible.

My naglfar read has actually since changed throughout the night. Reading through his ISO and a few varoius things plus the NNR flip made me attempt to rethink some things so I'm just gonna put him as null for now. I have a few other town reads as well but I'm not gonna say them out in thread cause then people yell at me.

But for now: ##Vote: CAPTAIN AMERICA!

My other main current scum read at the moment would have to be SB. His votes yestarday were all over. He was quick to hop on NNR when NNR originally posted his shenanigans and stuff then went from NNR to Xin'dy then BACK to NNR (I don't see where he said he was only doing it out of consolidation or whatever.) Then the random Kirsche vote out of nowhere is just random to me. What happened to Xindy read?

And to be frank most of his early game was just mindless spam and short posts to make him look active it looks like.

lolBard. Why wasn't doc on him, assuming there is one?

you don't think there can exist two roleblockers in a game or can't exist two scum roleblockers?

No I don't.

@SB: This is also why I changed my mind on NNR being scum because I didn't think both Manix and NNR could be scum and hence why I wanted to gamble hoping that NNR could save our results. Which is kinda a big deal. Just to clarify, after scorri's #370 I was pretty sure Manix was scum, and thus voted Nags by extension of NNR being town. Before that, there was nothing either way except for his role, which is a null tell. Speaking of Nags what is your opinion of him?

First off I'd like to say I'm feeling better about BBM.

Secondly, I'm not happy that people are 180'ing their naglfar reads nor the reasoning behind it. j00 said he would understand why people would pile on nags if NNR was scum and Shinori said that NNR flipping town (along with other things) made Nags townie/null and I'm not seeing the logic behind it. So you think that Nags pressuring a townie to claim as scum is unlikely, but think that Nags pressuring a fellow scum member to claim is very likely (likely enough to get a scum read on Nags)? Overall I'm not seeing what is different from yesterday and today, and I'm still reading nags as very scummy.

Regarding SB: attack on NNR for rolefishing seems dumb now as someone getting a full result or just an alignment result matters a lot in determining if Manix is scum or not. As for forgetting his Xin'dy opinion, he has been on me all game so calling it a vote out of nowhere seems dumb, and calling his NNR vote as consolidation seems stupid because I read that as more him deciding that NNR was worse than Xin'dy based on his recent actions (considering that there were 3 quotes from NNR in that vote switch post). Overall j00's and Shinori's suspicion of him seems iffy.

Regarding Shinori: Everything he's done and said is vague. He never clarified why NNR was worse than Nags yesterday (still hasn't), he said he had some scum reads but didn't out them or explain them (why?) and I don't think anyone was going to clear rein just for being an insomniac. His criticism of rein for not talking about anyone other than NNR can kinda be extended to him based on his D1. Given his graspy attack on SB and his 180 on Nags he's currently my least favourite player so ##Vote: Shinori

Oh, to the person who messaged me: No I didn't have my scumread on NNR all of D1. As soon as I discerned that Manix was probscum I was happy to accept that NNR was probtown.

Can I just say to all those people that are rereading now that you should be doing so in the night phase given that you have 24-48 hours of essentially doing nothing except sending in your role (unless you're scum where you can discuss more). If you're sending in a night action before rereading the thread you are doing it wrong.

i read all of D1 mostly thinking manix was scum, so a reread now is necessary considering how most of the players also appeared to take bard for his word. scum obviously knew manix wasn't one of them, thus there's new information in mind when you look at D1. i also thought nnr was scum and now i'm sure of bard and nnr being town, both being active D1.

personally i never wanted to lynch naglfar over nekorex, i already mentioned his wagon building fast and that his lynch being mostly interesting for purposes of wagon analysis. people piling on naglfar if nnr was scum makes sense because for a long time, nnr was the only wagon and if he was scum jumping on another wagon would be a chance to avoid a scum lynch.

i'd like to hear more from naglfar today, he's mainly been defending himself lately i'd like to hear his opinions.

honestly shinori, cam, rein, scorri (and to some extent prims) aren't looking very good to me because they all lack effort/content due to different reasons and it gives me a bad gut feeling without anything solid to peg it on. it is probably due to ~reasons~ and rein being rein and cam being cam, but if their town meta is being completely apathetic it's easy to hide as scum too.

in shinori's case i don't have much issues with his posts today but

*stuff about sb*

And to be frank most of his early game was just mindless spam and short posts to make him look active it looks like.

yeah i kinda got that feeling from you too except you were mainly apologizing for not being active but eh

in scorri's case she has spent most of her time defending herself rather than scumhunting, the exception being her case on naglfar. after dropping that i have no idea where she stands in terms of anything else than reaction tests. she's appeared active enough not to draw attention as a lurker but rereading D1 she's had very little scumhunting content, so

##Vote: scorri

i'd like the rest of the "meh" people to post more but right now i have a bit more tangible suspicions on scorri. she could probably stand to explain what changed her opinion on naglfar after rereading with something else than "i dunno" too.

Because I didn't make it clear, my read on SB is one of only slightly scummy. My lynch priorities are Shinori > Naglfar >>> j00 > SB >>> BBM.

I was debating whether or not this was a good thing to do, but I think getting this claim over and done with early would give us more valuable discussion and thoughts given the extra time.

[spoiler=Claimtome]

Dear kirsche, you represent

outlaw-star-502d16e5ad56a.jpg

Outlaw Star: Question Asker

Outlaws. That was the name given to those with only freedom as their guide.

Since you follow the story of space adventure in seek of the Galactic Leyline, known to hold all the knowledge, power, and treasure that anyone could want, you may tap into it's mysterious power. During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with "Night X: What does thy desire? I desire to know the answer to [Question].", where X represents the night and [Question] may be any question not related to a single specific player's role and/or alignment and/or win condition, general game setup information, inquiries regarding another single player's personal messages sent to the host other than their choice of target if one exists, or the personal phone number of the hosts. If your question is invalid, you will be given the opportunity to submit another question, until you submit one that is acceptable within the parameters of your limit.

Why am I claiming? Because it's good to take the intiative. That and my N1 result which told me that 3 of the remaining 6 players who voted NNR yesterday are scum. I strongly recommend that we focus our attention to these 6 players to maximise the chance of catching scum. This is why I am especially distasteful of people who were saying that Nags was iffy or scummy or bad etc yesterday but have suddenly retracted their opinion. If Shinori/j00 turn out to be scum I would be highly suspicious of Nags and possibly Scorri by extension.

I would prefer to keep hidden my N0 result as it could prove useful later.

My other main current scum read at the moment would have to be SB. His votes yestarday were all over. He was quick to hop on NNR when NNR originally posted his shenanigans and stuff then went from NNR to Xin'dy then BACK to NNR (I don't see where he said he was only doing it out of consolidation or whatever.) Then the random Kirsche vote out of nowhere is just random to me. What happened to Xindy read?

3 votes isn't all over, especially when they're on just two different people. My "quick hop on NNR" was in RVS. You know, the part of the game where you vote with kind of weak reasons. I obviously voted NNR for consolidation, I figured it would be easy to infer (especially since we were tied on votes). Also my kirsche vote isn't random, did you completely miss my posts where I attacked kirsche yesterday? And I haven't dropped my Xinny read. I just haven't had tons to say about her that I haven't already, and I think kirsche is a stronger offender.

Also lol my earlygame being spammy. Obviously RVS and early N0 stuff are supposed to be filled with content, right? And I don't think anyone thought I looked active in day 1, especially when I informed Eli that I would be busy over Skype. Also how is activity scummy, anyway? That point doesn't even stand against me anymore, since I've gotten active again.

Actually Shinori, I have a question for you. Why would faking being active benefit me as scum, since activity is a null read?

Can we not just have this be a free town pass.

I feel like you're jumping the gun here. Rein never implied to be clear, and I don't think anyone suggested that he was. You said my NNR vote was quick, but pre-emptively dismissing someone as clear before anyone even suggests otherwise seems shady.

A question for Xinny, too.

and didn't want defeatist NNR to make me feel like something would be a repeat of touhou mafia.

What does this even mean?
Not really understanding the sudden shift of opinions on Nags, gonna reread soon to see if it holds any merit.