Almost OC Mafia - Game Over

charlie_

Euk's been really aggressive and jumping to conclusions, what with acting so certain that I'm scum based off inconsequential evidence. I'm guessing she's scum trying to incite others into a turbo-lynch so that Mafia can clean up shop.

I'd vote her, but I'll refrain from doing so for now just in case I'm wrong and the scum jump on the opportunity.

fixed

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh.

I feel like at this point GP is probably bussing FFM, since she's realized she won't be able to score a Marth lynch today. I'm fine with this, because I'm pretty sure he's scum, and a scum lynch is a scum lynch.

I'll be awake in the morning to vote.

Eh. I don't think that we're gonna get any more discussion before the end of the day; I'm content voting one of my top two scumreads, and I'm not sure I'll be able to force myself awake in the morning.

##Vote: FFM

If I do die tonight, everyone knows who my scumreads are, and I've given all of my reasons within the thread, so just read my ISO to find things.

I BET YOU COULDN'T SEE THIS POST COMING

FFM - Vanilla Townie, was lynched Day 3.

Shinori, Town Jack of all Trades, Green Poet, Vanilla Townie, and Camtech, Vanilla Townie, have been endgamed.

Euklyd, Mafia Watcher, Bluedoom, Mafia Roleblocker, and Refa, Mafia Eavesdropper / Freezer survive and win.

Setup:
Town Tracker
Town Jack of all Trades (Rolecop/Roleblock/Commute/Vigilante)
Town Doctor
Town Universal Backup (Gets unused powers when copying the Jack of all Trades, only applies to active town roles)
Town Census Talker (Knows what the Eavesdropper does)
Four Vanilla Townies
vs
Mafia Watcher
Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia Freezer / Eavesdropper (Eavesdropper allows them to anonymously read any QTs belonging to the target for the rest of the game.)
---
Night 1 Actions:
Tracker / Shin: Track Camtech (Result: Cam visited nobody)
Jack / Shinori: Shoot Poly (Success!)
Universal Backup / Eurykins: Protect BBM (Success, Dead!)
Watcher / Euklyd: Watch BBM (Result: Eurykins visited BBM)
Roleblocker / Bluedoom: Roleblock Camtech (Success)
Freezer-Eavesdropper / Refa: Kill+Eavesdrop Eurykins (Success)
---
Night 2 Actions:
Jack / Shinori: Rolecop Refa (Failure)
Watcher / Euklyd: Watch Bluedoom (Result: No visitors)

Roleblocker / Bluedoom: Block Shinori (Success)

Freezer-Eavesdropper / Refa: Kill+Eavesdrop BBM (Success)

i would like to note that you should never go outside of anyone who has voted/been voted in LYLO

if scum doesn't quickwagon, there's at least one confirmed scum between players, stick to it

About the setup: basically scum roles were set up the way they were in order to prevent people from trying to set up NOC town leaders. The Watcher was meant to find the doc (D1 lynch op though) to prevent the leader from hoarding information, the eavesdropper hurts massclaiming to one person because the mafia suddenly knows everyone's roles, and the roleblocker was just there as a bit of scum power.

Town was kinda weak rolewise (only three active PRs at one time) but I think having OC should've generally improved their play for the most part had anyone other than BBM and Refa used it before Day 3. The Census Talker was supposed to claim ED1 if the person who rolls it happens to know what they're doing, because as much as I was trying to prevent NOC town leader, at least until the Eavesdropper is dead, scum learning everyone's roles with no warning is kind of unfair. Tracker was info, Doctor was for protection, the Jack is because I wanted town to have a vig and a little more of protection/info but not another role's worth, and the Universal Backup was to prevent swing from an early PR death except it got shot night 1 after the doc died anyway.

Why do my protective roles never live until day 2.

Not bothering with a full player commentary for the postgame because mostly I'd be just yelling at people for inactivity. The scumteam played well enough to keep out of town's scumdars while they mostly tripped over themselves (except BBM but rip he townread Refa anyway).

I thought FFM was generally better than in other games I've seen him (aside from the ED1 claim rip) but maybe I'm just biased from knowing the scumteam, I dunno.

GP, I don't mean this in a bad way but at times it feels like you make logical leaps without that don't really make sense, like with the FFM vote. It's possible that scum can't coordinate a hammer due to schedules and such rather than not being able to daytalk (which has literally never been a thing here aside from one Manix game and it never should be a thing again) so your FFM vote towards the end of the game was just sort of wrong.

BBM and Eury played well I think, the rest of town kinda just need to be more active.

Because seriously what the fuck happened on day 2.

Edited by SB.

SB, how did I do? I need you to help me brush up my scum techniques for the next Mafia game.

SB were you telling the truth when you said I could OC BBM even when he was dead?

Really the only important question I have about this game.

[5/30/14 5:47:43 PM] Euklydia: hm

[5/30/14 5:47:49 PM] Euklydia: SB, are we allowed to OC dead players?

[5/30/14 5:47:55 PM] The Magnificent Steiner: hahahaha

[5/30/14 5:48:03 PM] The Magnificent Steiner: SB caan euklyd OC you

[5/30/14 5:48:10 PM] SB: if you want bbm to yell at you for being scum sure

[5/30/14 5:48:13 PM] Euklydia: ##Neighborize: BBM

[5/30/14 5:48:14 PM] Euklydia: BBM WHOIS SCUM

[5/30/14 5:48:25 PM] Euklydia: tempting

[5/30/14 5:48:25 PM] The Magnificent Steiner: why bbm

[5/30/14 5:48:30 PM] The Magnificent Steiner: euklyd wants eurykins

[5/30/14 5:48:33 PM] Euklydia: because he's confirmed town

[5/30/14 5:48:34 PM] The Magnificent Steiner: his 2.0 sequel

[5/30/14 5:48:34 PM] Euklydia: obv

[5/30/14 5:48:41 PM] The Magnificent Steiner: to make a wallpost

[5/30/14 5:48:42 PM] The Magnificent Steiner: for him

Really the only important question I have about this game.

Well, the only one I have left. I already got told how I played :V