One-Shot Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

charlie_

While I think there's a high chance of Poly flipping scum, I don't want to put him at L-1 just yet.

Also, I am distracted by mod stuff on this board. Today needs a damn reset button.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tracked Shinori last night to confirm if he would visit anyone, but nothing came up.

Saw Shinori tracked me visiting Euk. Fucking lying sack of shit right there.

uhhh

oh never mind I read that wrong. rip

either way we have contradicting reports and we'll know if Shinori is lying tomorrow anyway

Would a theoretical watcher be seen as a targeting role in this game? I know sometimes it isn't.

And according to you Shinori visited nobody?

Yep. Shinori claims to have tracked me visiting/NK'ing Euk, but I actually tracked him and it said he visited nobody during the night phase. Therefore, he's BSing to cover his own scummy ass.

...Huh.

Tracked Shinori last night to confirm if he would visit anyone, but nothing came up. Still think he's scum, though.

I watched Poly visiting Euklyd. That kind of seals the deal for me.

Poly: Tracker

Shinori: Watcher

This seems weird. If what Poly saying is correct, Shinori did not follow anyone/go to anyone's location. Meaning that, if this is true, then Shinori is NOT the scum/killer, unless he has a means of remaining unseen during one of his night kills.

If what Shinori is claiming is correct, he watched Poly go to Euklyd's location, and kill him. Seems simple enough.

However. Some part of me is wondering if it's TOO simple.

Sort of like the bullet-proof framer in the other game, I'm wondering if Shinori claiming watcher is too...convenient. Too easy to pass it off on someone else being seen killing someone. Too easy to throw us off in terms of finding the real scum amongst us. All he has to do as the 'watcher' is claim that he saw someone die, and then poof, the person he saw would instantly become the target.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Watcher must target the would-be victim with their ability and see if anything happens to THEM, correct? I'm now wondering why, of all people, did he choose to watch over Euklyd on night phase 2? Why not SK, who still had yet to use her ability, or any of the rest of us? I'm finding it harder to believe in Shinori's claim atm than Poly's one, in terms of validity.

In addition, Poly's reacting in a defensive/aggressive manner, but I'm not getting a truly scummy feel from it.

And if Poly's claim is correct. And Shinori did NOT visit anyone... then perhaps Shinori may also be town. As is Poly. Which means there could be a framer walking around as the remaining Mafia.

So now we're suggesting framers? That seems contrived, but feasible enough considering. Shinori's still lying, which could mean he's working with a scumbuddy to frame me and cover his ass now that they lost Objection.

The only thing I'm wondering is who the SK is. I'm thinking either Scorri or Baldrick, as I don't remember either of them claiming yet (I may have just skimmed past Baldrick's claim), so something's up.

Alternately, BOTH Scorri & Baldrick are scum, and one's a framer going after me.

So now we're suggesting framers? That seems contrived, but feasible enough considering. Shinori's still lying, which could mean he's working with a scumbuddy to frame me and cover his ass now that they lost Objection.

The only thing I'm wondering is who the SK is. I'm thinking either Scorri or Baldrick, as I don't remember either of them claiming yet (I may have just skimmed past Baldrick's claim), so something's up.

Alternately, BOTH Scorri & Baldrick are scum, and one's a framer going after me.

Uh whoever said there was an sk?

Well, at this point, I'm uncertain.

At the start of the game, for one, I was figuring/assuming there was only 2 scum. However, I'm now getting the feeling that there's 3 total floating around, -1 due to Objection/Krische being removed.

With the way Objection's role worked, I would not be surprised if one of the Mafia roles contained a framer, and/or one with the means of being invisible/unseen during a night kill. Neither of said abilities would be out of the question, and with as many tracker/watcher roles as people have claimed to have, it's an efficient way of trying to throw off our reads.

And currently, we have a scum-hunting war going on between you and Shinori. One of you will probably be lynched by the end of this day phase, and at this point, I'm still uncertain as to who to trust more. Both of you guys have been nudging my scummy gut readings from time to time, and it's hard to say whose is stronger (though I have brought up various cases against Shinori before, some of which he has yet to respond to. ANSWER ME DAMNIT, SHINORI.)

Uh whoever said there was an sk?

Whoever said there wasn't? Is it bad to keep it as an open option when both your claim and Poly's are contradicting each other's?

I think Eury meant Bizz, as SK is in her name. Also Euklyd, being a Restorer, couldn't really have used his ability on N1 either (seeing as nobody had used their abilities by then). So saying that Bizz would have made a better Watch target because she hadn't used her ability isn't really true.

Also, yes, Watcher requires you to visit the person being killed to find the killer, but Tracker requires you to target the killer to find the killer so yeah.

actually idk I guess Shinori could be BSing since he knew that either him or Poly were getting lynched.

Poly, if Shinori is scum FYPOV, then how could Scorri and Baldrick both be scum?

Also I doubt there is a framer... a Ninja makes more sense, with a Tracker + Tracker or Watcher.

Poly, if Shinori is scum FYPOV, then how could Scorri and Baldrick both be scum?

Oops, forgot to add: If both were scum, then I'd have figured Shinori was just a framed town and switched off of him to one of Scorri or Baldrick.

Either way, Shinori's lying unless he got framed (or something similar) since I know I tracked him last night.

alternatively you could be scum tracker

although come to think of it, your earlier behavior towards Objection is what gets me. On one hand it doesn't seem like bussing, but on the other it read as scum grasping to me. idk

I think Eury meant Bizz, as SK is in her name. Also Euklyd, being a Restorer, couldn't really have used his ability on N1 either (seeing as nobody had used their abilities by then). So saying that Bizz would have made a better Watch target because she hadn't used her ability isn't really true.

Also, yes, Watcher requires you to visit the person being killed to find the killer, but Tracker requires you to target the killer to find the killer so yeah.

Bolded: Yes, this is true. Sorry, should've typed out Bizz to make it easier.

Underlined: For one, it's true that Euklyd could not use his role Night 1. In addition, I'm figuring Euklyd could still use his ability on Night phase 2, prior to his untimely death. Meaning that I believe he could've refilled SOMEONE'S one shot ability before he died anyways.

Italicized: It was a possibility- all I'm saying/asking is that- why, of all people, was Euklyd chosen as his watch target? There were other viable targets to pick from, other people who could be just as high on the target list. In addition, Bizz has been sitting on knowledge/reads/logic that (he?) himself has chosen NOT to tell us. Why, then, wouldn't Bizz be a decent target to hit? Wouldn't it harm the town knowing that someone was sitting on information that would then never be known/told?

actually idk I guess Shinori could be BSing since he knew that either him or Poly were getting lynched.

This is true- both Poly and Shinori were on the high end of the suspicion in terms of votes and whatnot, especially on D2. Either of them have a good reason to choose to out the other at this point.

I would have watched Euklyd if I were watcher and I was going to go into the thread and scream "I really hope watcher was on Euklyd!!" but wanted to refrain until Shinori claimed his results first

I picked Euklyd because after your best time to claim I wasn't so sure about either BBM or Bizz considering that they were no longer definitely clear, either way BBM had no role left since he claimed to have used his jailkeeper and Bizz claimed blocked. Euklyd still had his restoring role supposedly and I expected him to be a possible kill target.

From my PoV kill targets possible were: Eury/bizz/Euklyd.

Bizz seemed too obvious of a kill target and I didn't feel like they would go after Eury. It was partially just gut, which either way just left Euklyd.