FE6 HM 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

dondon151

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure watching these, especially with the explanations, is making me a bit better at low turning. Managed to shave a few extra turns off my LTC attempts at the trial maps of FE7x. Out of curiousity, would you 0% LTC Immortal Sword ifwhen its released in its entirety? Also, have you ever LTC'd any advance wars games?

Edited by deranger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwfXDQ6_O38

Chapter 14x is completed in 2 turns.

Chapter information

Mechanics notes

Long range magic

You first saw long range magic back in chapter 12, but it wasn’t a threat there, so I waited until this chapter to cover it. There exist tomes in the game that, much like ballistae, can target opponents from an extended distance.

FE6 has 3 such tomes:

58.gifBolting (サンダーストーム)
A rank anima | 3 ~ 10 rng | 10 WT | 12 MT | 70 hit | 0 crit

65.gifPurge (パージ)
A rank light | 3 ~ 10 rng | 8 WT | 10 MT | 70 hit | 0 crit

71.gifEclipse (イクリプス)
B rank dark | 3 ~ 10 rng | 9 WT | - MT | 10 * hit | 0 crit | Reduces target HP to 1

* This is not a typo.

Also like ballistae, these tomes are much more useful in enemy hands than they are in the player’s hands. Enemy sages and bishops pack a huge punch in FE6 HM, and enemy long range tome users are not all that infrequent. (Enemy druids with Eclipse, however, are no threat.)

Important weapons

83.gifWarp (ワープ)
A rank staff | 1 rng | Warps target unit to tile within distance of 1 ~ (5 + mag/2)

Here is the staff that can break the game apart. The Warp staff teleports units to distant spaces regardless of physical impediments. The enemies get progressively tougher by the end of the game, but Warp introduces the option to bypass many of them entirely. Its greatest limitation is its 5 uses, but there is a way to compensate for that.

The staff range formula in FE6 is rather generous. Saul’s staff range is a modest 8 tiles, but a future unit has a staff range of 15 tiles (and it can be further increased to 18 tiles).

Chapter 15 is completed in 4 turns.

Chapter information

New characters

F41NoC5.png
Igrene (イグレーヌ) - Sniper L1
32 HP | 16 str | 18 skl | 15 spd | 11 def | 10 res | 9 luk | 7 con | 6 mov | B bows

Igrene entirely outclasses Klain, with the exception of her base bow rank - but A rank is not an important benchmark until chapter 22. A competent Brave Bow sniper is so important that Igrene will see much use.

DvcdpQc.png
Perceval (パーシバル) - Paladin L5
51 HP | 20 str | 16 skl | 20 spd | 15 def | 13 res | 15 luk | 12 con | 8 mov | A swords, A lances, C axes

My favorite Perceval... It… cute… lovely… smart… plus… amazing… you think so?... Oh yes… it… stunning… kindly… love it!

Look at those stats. Perceval has amazing stats. He is built for combat. He will kill things dead. If that isn’t enough, he’s also mounted. Perceval is going to be my boss killer for the remainder of the run, although his base accuracy could be a little better.

kxuqJDh.png
Garret (ガレット) - Berserker L1

Garret is neither quick nor mobile enough to be useful in any offensive capacity, but I do use him once later on to eat a hit with his above average bulk. Garret would be much cooler if he had B axes at base instead of C axes, or if I hadn't sold the Swordreaver. That str, though.

Important weapons

Aircalibur.gifAircalibur (エイルカリバー)
B rank anima | 1 ~ 2 rng | 2 WT | 8 MT | 85 hit | 0 crit | Eff against fliers

Aircalibur is the strongest commonly usable anima tome, and Cecilia’s weapon of choice. Take note that it is effective against fliers, which poses some problems when enemies use it.

Edited by dondon151

I always find final turns like this kind of funny. It seems like you still have so much to do and couldn't possibly do it in that turn, but then you kill the specific enemies, visit the village, and barely get Lilina to Garrett and proceed to end the map.