FE6 HM 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

dondon151

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had a growths run, do you have an idea of which chapters you could save turns in? It really seems like only 1-2 turns here and there, and of course not on chapters like this.

Also, you saved like 180 turns from your previous 0% growths run right? I guess the question I'm trying to lead to is - why was your old run so inefficient? Was there any reason in particular or did you just not rig as much?

Do you think Marc Trestman could've saved turns if he were still coach?

Edited by Lord Raven

It's ask dondon weird questions day, so: How would this game have changed if this game's enemies all had 0 Lck like in the DS games?

You should be able to answer that yourself, FE7 had morphs with 0 lck after all.

It would be much easier to crit and hit everyone.

Edited by Jedi

Do you think Marc Trestman could've saved turns if he were still coach?

maybe if the bears signed perceval to replace cutler

y'all should save the Q and A because mekkah and i still haven't recorded final + epilogue yet and that's just 17 minutes of banter, i could do a Q and A segment there.

maybe if the bears signed perceval to replace cutler

y'all should save the Q and A because mekkah and i still haven't recorded final + epilogue yet and that's just 17 minutes of banter, i could do a Q and A segment there.

That would be pretty neat I think. I'm pretty sure the questions would flood in though it could overwhelm how long the part is in a way.

Then, again, this is pretty much a tool assisted run anyway. We have already seen the magic at work already. Accuracy is not really an issue not doubling is an issue.

qoUoFBx.png

:D

It's funny you should mention TAS, I may be working on something special once this is done.

thank goodness i'm posting this boring chapter on the same day as the new FE announcement, it's going to be so overshadowed lol...

Hahahaha, give the next update a few days maybe. This hype is gonna go into overdrive

Hello, I want to say this is a great playthough. I've learned much from it, thanks dondon and Mekkah.

Btw, does anyone know what decides which direction Rutger moves after he spawns in Chapter 4? I tried keeping my low HP units at the left of the map and the rest on the right, but my Rutger always move right, so I can't attack the boss with him immediately.

Edited by elwood

enemies prefer moving to the closest unit. try positioning units on the left 7 tiles away from rutger's starting position and the units on the right more than 7 tiles away.

This worked, thanks!

Edited by elwood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=namC8_aGCC8

Chapter 21 is completed in 4 turns.

Chapter information

[spoiler=]

New characters

OQeMy1j.png
Jodel (ヨーデル) - Bishop L20
35 HP | 19 mag | 18 skl | 14 spd | 5 def | 30 res | 11 luk | 6 con | 6 mov | A light, S staves

Senior citizens get amazing representation in FE6.

Jodel statistically looks much like Niime, but his lower offensive stats and inferior magic type render him somewhat offensively impotent. As a staffer, he performs many of the same roles as Niime, plus one more by virtue of his S rank in staves.

Mechanics notes

About this chapter: reinforcement triggers

This chapter is notorious for spitting out waves upon waves of enemy reinforcements at players who aren’t aware of how the reinforcement triggers work. Reinforcements that are scripted to appear prior to a certain turn are a familiar sight in FE6 (and in the FE franchise); reinforcements scripted to area events are a bit less common.

Chapter 21 has 5 quadrangular reinforcement trigger zones, which are marked by the solid lines on the map below. Completing an action (such as attacking, rescuing, waiting, etc.) inside a trigger zone activates an area event that causes a specific set of reinforcements to spawn from a point on the map.

FZC0jQZ.png
Chapter 21 in its entirety, with reinforcement trigger zones and reinforcement locations marked. Source: Fire Emblem Wars of Dragons

The green, yellow, and purple zones trigger reinforcements for 3 turns. Each group of 4 reinforcements on this map contains 3 wyvern riders and a wyvern lord, with 2 exceptions. The 4 green reinforcements on plain tiles are 4 paladins and the 5 blue reinforcements are 4 wyvern riders and Gale, an enemy wyvern lord with a portrait.

As is evident, with good movement, all but one of the trigger zones can be skirted.