FE6 HM 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

dondon151

lol you guys were so clueless in ch21

"is he trying to fill it [the convoy] up???"

"NO NO NO don't take the items from wendy!"

"... the legendary bow, murglier, muregli, whatever..."

"if only he would do commentary of every video he made!"

"Go!" - that countdown into Go at the start of the video is perfect.

"The staff formula is nuts! I think it's multiplied by like... Five?

"Yeah, Magic times 5"

"Lets just leave an old lady unarmed with a bunch of dragon knights"

10/10 commentary, pls step your commentary game up dondon

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10/10 commentary, pls step your commentary game up dondon

dude i have the solution

next time i finish a fire emblem 0% run, i'll lobotomize myself so that i'll forget everything about fire emblem and rave about this dondon151 character.

originally we were planning on doing 3-person commentary, but it was impossible for all of us to be on at the same time and mekkah and i realized after doing a few chapters that there just wasn't enough room for a third person.

if we continue to a later series we might do an occasional 3-person commentary for really long, uneventful maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUdRSG3f-iw

Chapter 21x is completed in 2 turns.

Chapter information

[spoiler=]

Important weapons

swordofseals.gif Binding Blade (封印の剣)
- rank sword | 1 ~ 2 rng | 8 WT | 18 MT | 95 hit | 10 crit | +5 def, +5 res to user when equipped

FE6’s titular weapon is for Roy’s use only. Roy’s stats are too poor to be salvaged by such a great weapon, but the Binding Blade’s 5 def bonus allows him to live through a surprising variety of enemy attacks.

The Binding Blade is effective against manaketes, but not wyverns. It, along with the Divinestone, are the only weapons that are effective against the final boss.

Shots fired on FE9! Ike better take cover!

"Fire Emblem 9? More like Fire Emblem 99 problems."

Ohhhhhhh snap.

Anyway, back on topic. Roy's our boy! Dem promo gains! Dem weapons! Dem bases!

ironically, FE9 is a game, so FE9 has the best animations in FE9 anyways.

that C21 strat was awesome, and I'm totally not slow in saying that! though I'm slow because I 26-turned C21 on NM.

Edited by Gradivus.

so what's it like to go from the trashtalk side to the official commentary side mekkah

As you can tell they're not mutually exclusive.

Fuck FE9.

As you can tell they're not mutually exclusive.

Fuck FE9.

I mean it's not like there's a lot to say about 21x anyway

I wonder if our lord and savior Douglas is gonna be in chapter 22...

Edited by Maruhai

his hitrate with the hammer and the ability of doing distance will help much to kill zephiel and douglas-less 1-turn sucks

Edited by Gradivus.

see mekkah in america there is a wild difference between the word "can" and "can't"; your sentence fails to show an understanding of this fundamental difference.

also you live in your mothers basement etc, dying a virgin and all that. did i cover a few bases here in terms of personal attacks?

Edited by Lord Raven

Chapter 22 is completed in 4 turns.

Chapter information

[spoiler=]

Important weapons

apocalypse.pngApocalypse (アポカリプス)
S rank dark | 1 ~ 2 rng | 12 WT | 18 MT | 80 hit | 5 crit | +5 mag to user when equipped

Apocalypse is the first of several relevant Divine Weapons. All Divine Weapons are effective against wyverns and manaketes.

Apocalypse lets Niime straight up OHKO wyverns and manaketes, but its 5 mag bonus is more important. When Apocalypse is equipped, Niime accordingly receives increased staff range and improved staff accuracy.

murgleis.pngMurgleis (ミュルグレ)
S rank bow | 2 rng | 9 WT | 16 MT | 80 hit | 0 crit | +5 spd to user when equipped

Murgleis is the divine bow. Its effectiveness is actually the same as all other Divine Weapons, rather than other bows, but there are no more enemy pegasi in the game.

Because enemy manaketes can only attack from 1 range, a Murgleis user (i.e., Shin) can kill them on player phase without taking damage. As manaketes are not very fast, the 5 spd bonus is rather superfluous.

saint.pngSaint’s Staff (聖女の杖)
S rank staff | - rng | Recovers all HP and restores status for all other allies

The Saint’s Staff is like Physic on steroids. Jodel effectively has sole claim to it.

The S rank staff has iterations in other FE games - in FE8, it’s the Latona staff, and in FE10, it’s the Ashera staff. Some games in the series have a staff called the Fortify or Reserve staff, which is a mag-limited and often range-limited version of the Saint’s Staff.

Mechanics notes

About this chapter: switches

FE6 has monotonous chapter objectives, but chapter 22 bucks the trend by requiring the player to activate a couple of switches before the throne room can be revealed. I suppose they cannot even really be considered switches; they are single-tile area events that activate when a unit performs an action (such as attacking, rescuing, waiting, etc.) on that tile. These can be activated by any unit.

The switches are located in the northwest and northeast corners of the map; they are pretty conspicuous. Each switch tile is occupied by an enemy hero that must first be dispatched. The northwest hero wields a Brave Sword and the northeast hero wields a Brave Axe.

ZT2iAKo.png
Chapter 22 in its entirety. The enemies surrounded in red appear in hard mode only. Source: Fire Emblem Wars of Dragons

Triggering the switches alone is not sufficient to reveal the throne room - Roy must perform an action on one of the 3 tiles in front of the throne room door in order for Zephiel to reveal himself. Lockpicks and Door Keys cannot open the throne room door.