Supports you would have liked to see in PoR

Either for the bonuses or the conversations, what supports not included in the game would you have liked to see in PoR?

I decided to play FE 9 again after a two-year break, and I am really disappointed with the supports. I think a lot more people could have had conversations with each other.

Personally, I would have liked to see Ike with most of the female units, especially Marcia, Mia, and Mist, and Astrid definitely could have found someone other than Makalov.

Other supports I would have liked to see are:

Zihark/Lethe

Zihark/Mordecai

Lucia/Geoffrey

Marcia/Mia

Marcia/Makalov

Tanith/Makalov

Titania/Tanith

Shinon/Calill

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I'm fine with most of the supports they got. The only thing I would have added was

Ike/Boyd - The beginning of the game seemed to hint at a rivalry that was never built upon.

Mia/Zihark - The closest this game has to an Ogma/Navarre pair

Mia/Lucia - Lucia matches the description of her long-awaited rival so why not?

Ike/Sothe - I dunno, just to make Sothe's being what he is in RD more believable

Shinon/Lethe - I always wanted to see how the Laguz bigot and Beorc bigot would get along, heh.

Ike/Mist, Oscar/Boyd/Rolf, Geoffrey/Lucia, - Siblings should always support each other (and I don't mean through Bond supports)

Shinon/Lethe - I always wanted to see how the Laguz bigot and Beorc bigot would get along, heh.

Wasn't that the premise of Jill/Lethe?

Alright, let me think about it for a second. I think these are the ones that would be interesting:

Elincia x Nephenee (or Brom)

Elincia x Mist

Elincia x Marcia

Calill x Largo (to explain where their adopted daughter came from)

Janaff x Ulki (honestly it could only help them)

Tauroneo x Zihark (so it would explain why he joined Daien)

Tauroneo x Jill (same reason)

Haar x Tanith

Marcia x Makalov

Oscar x Ilyana

Tauroneo x Zihark (so it would explain why he joined Daien)

Tauroneo x Jill (same reason)

They're all from Daein and say they're returning there during the epilogue.

I would've liked to see Largo/Nedata, partly because Largo is fun, partly because that would mean Nedata was recruitable.

Brom X Makalov so that Meg X Makalov would come to fruition

Soren/Ilyana could be the closest thing to a Merric/Linde pair this game would have.

If not Gatrie or Sothe, then at least Astrid X Oscar or Astrid X Ike, or even Astrid X Soren would have been good. Shinon X Astrid would have also been interesting. (Thank you, Furet.) She did not deserve Makalov in any way.

Ike X Jill probably could have worked. Even if they were just friends.

Tauroneo X Ike could have expanded on Greil's backstory a bit more.

Mia X Boyd, what if she wants a sparring partner and Ike's not around?

Kieran X Titania , if only to expound on Titania's history.

Geoffrey X Titania, read Kieran X Titania.

Geoffrey X Oscar, Oscar was a Crimean knight once, right?

That's basically all I can think of, besides that I agree somewhat with ERL.

Edited by LittleAl

If not Gatrie or Sothe, then at least Astrid X Oscar or Astrid X Ike, or even Astrid X Soren would have been good. She did not deserve Makalov in any way.

I...thought that said Shinon, instead of Sothe. That would have been ... interesting.

On that note, ShinonxIke, and xCalill. And fuck it, ANYONExDevdan.

I...thought that said Shinon, instead of Sothe. That would have been ... interesting.

Shrinking violet X Bigot sniper. Huh. (What would be the chances of Astrid coming out of her shell if that happened?)

Great, now you have me wishing it was a possible pair. :XD:

Let's see...

Kieran/Largo - Cause who's axe is worth braggin' and we need moar COMICAL SUPPORTS!!

Boyd/Largo - Did someone said arm-wrestling?'

Kieran/Boyd - When two hot-blooded/hot-headed people duke it out for HILARITY!

Oscar/Ilyana - Oscar cooks and satisfies our hungry mage

Calill/Makalov - WE NEED A BITCHSLAP SCENE!

I'll think of more stuff later.

Ike/Mia. The two seem like they would really work together. Plus, Mia joins the GM at the end of the game but supports only Rhys from the group? That seems wrong. If we have a support limit of 7, drop Ranulf from Ike's list (BECAUSE HE SPOILED THE BK!).

Ike/Mist: They're brother and sister! Yet they don't support? WHAT?!

Titania/Oscar: Both are riders, both have been more or less turned into parental figures for others (Titania to Ike and Mist and Oscar for Boyd and Rolf). So why the heck not?

Oscar/Astrid: Astrid is a inexperienced rider with little clue as to what she's actually doing. Oscar has experience and can the right persona to help her out. Why don't they ever work together?

Rhys/Mist: Both are healers for the GM, both basically keep the group up and running, both probably would have interesting stories to share, so why not?

Tanith/Elincia: The military general and the queen-to-be. Hardened warrior and inexperienced rider. Perfect.

Ike/Mist, Oscar/Boyd/Rolf, Geoffrey/Lucia, - Siblings should always support each other (and I don't mean through Bond supports)

I don't see why. There's nothing inherently useful or interesting about sibling supports, nor does it really make sense for people who have known each other for years to suddenly undergo a great change in their relationship (nor would siblings necessarily even like each other). I mean, I could really care less what Ike has to say to Mist, or what Rolf has to say to Oscar. One thing that kind of annoyed me about earlier FEs, especially 6, was how predictable

support lists were.

Ike/Mia. The two seem like they would really work together. Plus, Mia joins the GM at the end of the game but supports only Rhys from the group? That seems wrong.

Just because you're not friendly with a group of people doesn't mean you can't work together.

If we have a support limit of 7, drop Ranulf from Ike's list (BECAUSE HE SPOILED THE BK!).

Ike/Ranulf was one of my favourite supports, actually.

Ike/Zihark mostly because then they could have had the transfer over and made 3-7 make even more since that Zihark could be recruited by Ike.

Oscar/Astrid, that would be an interesting one.

Mia/Kieran, that would be hilarious to watch.

And a few others that were planned but they did not finish.

In the unused list we have : Definitely Shinon X Calill, Tanith X Volke, Mist X Volke, Stefan X Muarim, Gatrie X Bastian, Geoffrey X Kieran, Haar X Ulki, Ike X Zihark and Devdan X Makalov.

Others I thought would be Zihark X Shinon, Haar X Volke, Largo X Kieran, Largo X Makalov, Sothe X Tauroneo, Soren X Tormod, Calill X Bastian and Stefan X Lucia.

Mia needed more supports in general. Lucia would have been a good one, but...fun fact (That you probably know already)...Ike/Mia was planned for RD and they dropped it.

Alas, what could have been...

......you're dead to me. DEAD.

God you're funny.

Have either of you ever used Calill? I'll be the first to admit she's no Paladin or Flier, but she's far better than the likes of Brom or Devdan.