Download Version 0.20 Patch Here.

Buh...

1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_19.png

I don't...

1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_20.png

Wait....

1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU.png
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!?

So, in case you haven't guessed, yeah, I'm starting FE: A Sacred Dawn over.

It was a while back when I realized that no work was getting done on ASD, too many thought processes of random crap, so many things to work on still, and a desire to try and make everything better. So, I just basically said "fuck it" and decided to start fresh. This time, I had a little more to go on and a lot more to utilize. Also, due to personal problems, I withdrew myself from the internet for a bit and worked on this in secrecy.

So, basically, I'm going to start completely from scratch with a new story and everything. Same premise, mostly, we've still got Julie and Josh running around being themselves while trying to stop Zephiel, but there's gonna be more than the standard. I don't think there will be any mention of the Sacred Stones this time, Zephiel's role is going to be a bit more...expansive, and Ruby even moreso. Micaiah and pals will still be there, as will Begnion, and, well...we'll kinda go from there. XD

Right now I've got the Prologue and Chapter 1 finished, thanks to my, uh, hiatus. I expect progress might be a little bit more steady in the future, and a lot more steady than it has been in months past. I've got some help in various degrees, mainly from Josh(Lord Glenn), but others have pitched in. If you want to(and can) help make ASD shine, you are more than welcome to! I appreciate any help I can get to make this move faster, though my main problem will forever always be animations. I can do most other graphics on my lonesome, but anims take too long, so...

[spoiler=Prologue]FEASDDXPro.png

[spoiler=Chapter 1]FEASDDXCh1.png

And a video of the Prologue here

Anyway, here we go, guys. It's a new dawn on the horizon! Let's make this work! Edited by Mage Knight 404

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why but I kind of missed your huge jumbos of screenshots all piled together and whatnot. :O

Good luck that you can make better and faster progress this time.

Edited by Luffy

I asked this in the video but never got a response, how did you skip the world map mumbo jumbo the happens before the prolouge?

Actually really easy. Just change the Prologue's World Map events in Nightmare to Chapter 1's, which has no events. :E

Actually really easy. Just change the Prologue's World Map events in Nightmare to Chapter 1's, which has no events. :E

Unless you found a way around it without trying to edit FE8 world map events through hex, that won't work for every chapter in FE8. Just the prologue, chapter 1, 5x, both chapter 12's, both final chapters, and all the tower and ruin chapters IIRC. You need world map events to run for certain chapters or the game crashes. Yay... (At least through my experiences anyway...)

And even then, I think you need to have the prologue world map event run at some point to load "Eirika's" sprite onto the world map. But I never did too much research into it, and for all I know, you already know a way around all of this (and if you do, and you could tell me, would really appreciate it, since everything I try and do to fix it doesn't work...)

I've been waiting for this hack for awhile ever since FE404 and the first version of this hack.

Prologue looks good from the video, chapter 1 screenshots look good from here. Hope to see a lot of great ideas from here.

Hope this time everything goes well.

Unless you found a way around it without trying to edit FE8 world map events through hex, that won't work for every chapter in FE8. Just the prologue, chapter 1, 5x, both chapter 12's, both final chapters, and all the tower and ruin chapters IIRC. You need world map events to run for certain chapters or the game crashes. Yay... (At least through my experiences anyway...)

And even then, I think you need to have the prologue world map event run at some point to load "Eirika's" sprite onto the world map. But I never did too much research into it, and for all I know, you already know a way around all of this (and if you do, and you could tell me, would really appreciate it, since everything I try and do to fix it doesn't work...)

MNC2 makes it so that the game doesn't use map events on the next chapter.

I just noticed there's no mention of Mama Linoan. Did she fall of the face of Magvel or somethin'?

if i had to guess from what i saw in the opening he's trying to cut all ties to his older hack to make this one seem origenal.

granted yes Raymond from the last game is here, but he's not a fire emblem charactor that IS made so he doesn't stand out to people who haven't played his older hack

I just noticed there's no mention of Mama Linoan. Did she fall of the face of Magvel or somethin'?

It's probably for the best. I dunno about you, but I find something distinctly creepy about having a self insert marry that person's favorite character and having children with her. I mean obviously Ray didn't intend for it to be seen that way and this was back during his early hacking and writing days, so I don't hold it against him. Still I would not be really sad to see Linoan gone from this version of A Sacred Dawn.

It's probably for the best. I dunno about you, but I find something distinctly creepy about having a self insert marry that person's favorite character and having children with her. I mean obviously Ray didn't intend for it to be seen that way and this was back during his early hacking and writing days, so I don't hold it against him. Still I would not be really sad to see Linoan gone from this version of A Sacred Dawn.

^ This, basically. It hit me when I finished Yuri's Sidestory that this sort of thing wouldn't really sit well with me anymore and I just decided to leave their mother up to player interpretation. :c

(even though Josh now has Megan's pendant instead of Linoan's, but that's another thing)

I want to say that the self insert being married to Linoan is a lot more forgivable than with similar situations because the self insert isn't a Gary Stu who is uber powerful and loved by all (the way Eragon is). I also admire Mageknight404 for his growing maturity and for his ability to kill his babies and move on as a writer.

(Killing his babies means his ability to give up all the work he had done up to that point in order to make a better hack. It's a difficult thing for a lot of people and those who are able to do it tend to be the more talented writers/programmers/artists/etc. in the end).

^ This, basically. It hit me when I finished Yuri's Sidestory that this sort of thing wouldn't really sit well with me anymore and I just decided to leave their mother up to player interpretation. :c

(even though Josh now has Megan's pendant instead of Linoan's, but that's another thing)

I do think it's for the best. Leaving the mother up to the player's interpretation is much more effective than Ray marrying Linoan. Not only that, but if someone REALLY wanted to get into the politics of it all that as a duchess I'm sure it would be difficult for someone like Ray to marry her when he's not a noble. The mysterious mother might also lead to some plot and/or character development or perhaps a potential plot twist later on... ;) *wink wink nudge nudge*