Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn DX

Mage Knight 404

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure SoC has made a FE8 instrument map I'd upload what I have but I'm at work now.

I think Ray was the one I originally repointed the data for. XD

Give me my soul back, Ray. I'm only on Volume 6 and he's already calling her "Sakura" instead of "Omae".

FEASDDXCh4.png

(yes, got this mostlycompleted before Christmas!)

Heeeere's Chapter 4!

Taking Tuck's advice, Julie and pals follow the mountain path to get around to Grado's capital while avoiding the skirmishes the nation is having with Renais. However, the stronghold at the top that situates as a border has been taken over by more bandits! Charlie is here investigating them and witnesses their leader, Cliff, take two innocent civilians, Timothy and Ariana, into captivity. He happens upon Julie and the others and, when they're spotted by Cliff, decides to help them take out these thugs!

Also, Josh's awesome OC, Gal'thax is here to lend a hand!

Now that we have that, it's been two chapters since we were acquainted with one character, so let's have another. Introducing our leading lady, Julie!

[spoiler=About Julie]Julie.png

Julie Melody Soto

14 years old

Julie is, for all intents and purposes, the main character of A Sacred Dawn DX. She is the younger daughter of Raymond Soto and sister to Joshua Soto. She's lived in Magvel with her family for most of her life, having met many different folks due to travelling with her family time and again, though they've predominately lived in a home in Renais near its castle, due to her father's job as a mercenary knight defending the peace.

Julie is sweet, very kind, and compassionate, willing to believe almost anyone can change for the better and would do anything for the well-being of her friends and family. As you'd expect, this comes with a grand deal of idealism and naїveté, in which she learns very quickly in this story that not all people can be forgiven with her ideals. A lot of the beginning is her learning to come to grips with such things in reality.

She is very polite to anyone older than she is, notably older girls and women, always addressing them as "Miss" unless they are very close. Her mother insisted that she should always be courteous to others that were older than her, so this trait pretty much stuck.

Beyond all else, Julie's dream is to one day be a dancer of great talent and grace. She absolutely abhors fighting and violence, but only took up the sword to help defend herself and further her skills as a dancer with practice. On off days, she practices her moves, sometimes by herself.

Julie has a rather buddy-buddy relationship with her older brother Josh, the two rarely ever squabble, largely due to their parents insisting that they should always accept the other's differences. She's come to respect her live-in friend, Heather, as something like a sister. She shares some romantic interest in her neighbor, Ryan, though she's too nervous to actually say anything. She also idolizes Ruby, Grado's talented Magistra, as a very good friend, sisterly image, and role model, much like her brother.

She occasionally draws strength from her friends, especially in times of need, such as when her mother passed away when she was 10. However, since the dream she had, she slowly wonders if relying too much on her friends will end up hurting her in the long run...

=====

Julie's my very first original character, thought up about 8 years ago. She's also my personal favorite out of all of those I've made. Obviously, she was designed after my shallow notions of being paired with Linoan those many years ago, hence the similar hair(though I will admit that it's more Eirika than Linoan with later redesigns and the inclusion of Josh(as he's more Ephraim than anything)). As you can see now, that Linoan bit no longer applies in ASDDX.

She's the kind of girl I would like to raise were I to ever start a family - loving, gentle, kind, and respectful to others, with a bright, sunny disposition. Her given name here would also be the name I would give to my daughter. XD

The necklace she wears is the very same one I wear - a pretty tainted gold plate with "PUERTO RICO" and its flag written on it. My uncle gave this to me when I was 12, and I've worn it ever since.

I decided that since starting over ASD, DX's story would focus on Julie's notions as a young girl and character being introduced to war and the people it brings around her, as opposed to her and Josh side by side like in The Sacred Stones. Oh, don't worry. Josh is still very important, but really, Julie's the star of this show.

oh god I'm not looking forward to chapter 5...

Ray, why are your enemy mugs so much better than the player character mugs? ; ~ ;

first there was Ishtore

then Winston

then Dreg

and now this fuckin' sexy beast Cliff.

asdvkljhagklahgags it's ridiculous @ ~ @

And Alice's tits are fixed! Woo!

Edited by seph1212

She shares some romantic interest in her neighbor, Ryan, though she's too nervous to actually say anything.

So no JuliexTuck? :(

The new screenshots look pretty good. Cliff looks really cool. :D Though I know it's been said before, but the new sprite style looks... off. Just something I'll have to get used to, though. When will you release the first patch, Mage Knight?

Ray, why are your enemy mugs so much better than the player character mugs? ; ~ ;

first there was Ishtore

then Winston

then Dreg

and now this fuckin' sexy beast Cliff.

asdvkljhagklahgags it's ridiculous @ ~ @

Cliff actually got a last-second fix last night when I noticed his head was slightly too big, but I got it in time for the screens. :c

(at this rate the enemies may as well be the main characters...)

(After seeing Gal'thax) I'mma go play God of War now

Cliff actually got a last-second fix last night when I noticed his head was slightly too big, but I got it in time for the screens. :c

(at this rate the enemies may as well be the main characters...)

If thats the case, maybe playable if post-game is available?

FEASDDXCh4.png

(yes, got this mostlycompleted before Christmas!)

Heeeere's Chapter 4!

Taking Tuck's advice, Julie and pals follow the mountain path to get around to Grado's capital while avoiding the skirmishes the nation is having with Renais. However, the stronghold at the top that situates as a border has been taken over by more bandits! Charlie is here investigating them and witnesses their leader, Cliff, take two innocent civilians, Timothy and Ariana, into captivity. He happens upon Julie and the others and, when they're spotted by Cliff, decides to help them take out these thugs!

Also, Josh's awesome OC, Gal'thax is here to lend a hand!

Now that we have that, it's been two chapters since we were acquainted with one character, so let's have another. Introducing our leading lady, Julie!

[spoiler=About Julie]Julie.png

Julie Melody Soto

14 years old

Julie is, for all intents and purposes, the main character of A Sacred Dawn DX. She is the younger daughter of Raymond Soto and sister to Joshua Soto. She's lived in Magvel with her family for most of her life, having met many different folks due to travelling with her family time and again, though they've predominately lived in a home in Renais near its castle, due to her father's job as a mercenary knight defending the peace.

Julie is sweet, very kind, and compassionate, willing to believe almost anyone can change for the better and would do anything for the well-being of her friends and family. As you'd expect, this comes with a grand deal of idealism and naїveté, in which she learns very quickly in this story that not all people can be forgiven with her ideals. A lot of the beginning is her learning to come to grips with such things in reality.

She is very polite to anyone older than she is, notably older girls and women, always addressing them as "Miss" unless they are very close. Her mother insisted that she should always be courteous to others that were older than her, so this trait pretty much stuck.

Beyond all else, Julie's dream is to one day be a dancer of great talent and grace. She absolutely abhors fighting and violence, but only took up the sword to help defend herself and further her skills as a dancer with practice. On off days, she practices her moves, sometimes by herself.

Julie has a rather buddy-buddy relationship with her older brother Josh, the two rarely ever squabble, largely due to their parents insisting that they should always accept the other's differences. She's come to respect her live-in friend, Heather, as something like a sister. She shares some romantic interest in her neighbor, Ryan, though she's too nervous to actually say anything. She also idolizes Ruby, Grado's talented Magistra, as a very good friend, sisterly image, and role model, much like her brother.

She occasionally draws strength from her friends, especially in times of need, such as when her mother passed away when she was 10. However, since the dream she had, she slowly wonders if relying too much on her friends will end up hurting her in the long run...

=====

Julie's my very first original character, thought up about 8 years ago. She's also my personal favorite out of all of those I've made. Obviously, she was designed after my shallow notions of being paired with Linoan those many years ago, hence the similar hair(though I will admit that it's more Eirika than Linoan with later redesigns and the inclusion of Josh(as he's more Ephraim than anything)). As you can see now, that Linoan bit no longer applies in ASDDX.

She's the kind of girl I would like to raise were I to ever start a family - loving, gentle, kind, and respectful to others, with a bright, sunny disposition. Her given name here would also be the name I would give to my daughter. XD

The necklace she wears is the very same one I wear - a pretty tainted gold plate with "PUERTO RICO" and its flag written on it. My uncle gave this to me when I was 12, and I've worn it ever since.

I decided that since starting over ASD, DX's story would focus on Julie's notions as a young girl and character being introduced to war and the people it brings around her, as opposed to her and Josh side by side like in The Sacred Stones. Oh, don't worry. Josh is still very important, but really, Julie's the star of this show.

oh god I'm not looking forward to chapter 5...

By the looks of this, Progress is going great, i see!smile.gif (Oh no, Julie is mad!)

I am loving all this backstory you are giving the characters. It makes the game that much more interesting. (I see you are very personally attached to your original character, Julie. Its more fun when it is like this though).

I am also liking the gameplay aspects you are putting in this game. When i was watching the video of Ch. 3, i noticed the enemy phase music for FE12 earlygame (FE12 Hard Mode, good memories!)

How many Chapter's do you plan to make? Is it going to be short on chapters like Sacred Stones?

Anyways, Good luck with further progress on your hack (What's so bad about Ch. 5?)!

Edited by Aelphaeis Mangarae

I am also liking the gameplay aspects you are putting in this game. When i was watching the video of Ch. 3, i noticed the enemy phase music for FE12 earlygame (FE12 Hard Mode, good memories!)

The music he puts in his videos won't actually be there in the game.

So no JuliexTuck? :(

When will you release the first patch, Mage Knight?

Take your ships elsewhere, please. Ray will write his characters as he wants to; he doesn't need outside input on it.

The first patch will be after a large plot event takes place partway through the course of the hack. I'm not going to say what chapter or give a date, as that will only pressure Ray further. That is, there *will* be a patch before ASD reaches its "Final" version and you'll get it once Ray gets to that point at his own pace.

If thats the case, maybe playable if post-game is available?

We're not planning it at the moment, though that will likely be a decision made when the hack is wrapping up.

How many Chapter's do you plan to make? Is it going to be short on chapters like Sacred Stones?

Chapter count isn't finalized. It all depends on how much we need to cover the content that needs to be covered. As for "short," I can't say. I'm sure that Ray would like it to be as short as it needs to be, but he would have to answer as to what he's thinking as a length. (Though, that may change depending on how the plot further expands and develops over time.)

Until he gets an instrument patch for FE8 like the FE7 one and has MIDIs for all of the tracks that he wants to include.

----------------

EDIT - For those that haven't viewed it yet, Part 1 of Chapter 3 is up on Ray's YouTube channel.

Edited by Lord Glenn

sad.gif. Damn game limitations!

At least he puts it up in his videos though, better than hearing the same music from the GBA series!

Chapter 3 looks pretty good gameplay-wise. Have to hold your ground and survive until Tuck comes, then once Renais starts helping you the battle pretty much becomes easy. I like it, especially for an early chapter.

Do you need any more characters/Are you taking submissions? Cause this looks pretty sweet, and I don't think my mugs are to bad.

I am fairly certain that mageknight makes all of the sprites himself, probably to keep a consistency in style. I can't really speak for him but that is just what I assume.

And to keep my post relevant, I am liking the new mug for Julie. :) Her hand showing suits her character I think.

Also, I've seen some of the videos and the song choices you made are really nice! It definitely makes it stand out more than using the original soundtracks. Nevermind, the sound in the videos are not in the game?

Edited by eCut

Do you need any more characters/Are you taking submissions? Cause this looks pretty sweet, and I don't think my mugs are to bad.

Ray doesn't take submissions for ASD, sorry o 3 o

Not only does Ray not take submissions, but even if he did the roster is already filled.

Nevermind, the sound in the videos are not in the game?

As mentioned above, the tracks are currently edited in to the video footage using editing software; however, once an instrument patch similar to the one that was made for FE7 is made for FE8, the majority of the tracks used in the video (provided that we have access to MIDIs of the tracks or can import them from other GBA titles) will be added to the ROM. (Or at least that's the plan, anyway.)