Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn DX

Mage Knight 404

Then take your idea and run with it, can't wait to see this hack you have planned.

But you do realize that no matter how many times you ask, Sothe, nor anyone else from the DB, will make it into ASD. So either make your own hack, or stop asking. I'd use fouler language, but this isn't FFtF.

Edited by seph1212

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor chap. All he was doing was inquiring/making a suggestion. The response? His nuts get curb-stomped. I know character requests are common in the topic, and that probably irritates Ray sometimes. Happens to me too with Elibian Nights, fans just like adding their two cents to the pot. Sometimes their thoughts are valuable, and sometimes they're silly, irritating, or what have you. Still, no reason to treat them like little pieces of shit...

Poor chap. All he was doing was inquiring/making a suggestion. The response? His nuts get curb-stomped. I know character requests are common in the topic, and that probably irritates Ray sometimes. Happens to me too with Elibian Nights, fans just like adding their two cents to the pot. Sometimes their thoughts are valuable, and sometimes they're silly, irritating, or what have you. Still, no reason to treat them like little pieces of shit...

Yeah, it's amazing the response people can get on these forums for just suggesting an idea, might as well go throw yourselves to the wolves.

Screw Julie, Sothe should be the main character.

Sothe and Volug should totally be in this hack. Much more interesting characters than scrubs like Micaiah. Plus who can say no to Volug's abs?

I apologize if Sage's reputation both in this topic and on the forums precedes him, but he's not been known, especially recently, for making useful suggestions in topics.

Pardon my response to him for how he normally acts :P

And don't act like you're some saint here, Arch, you've done the same that I have before.

And I'm not seeing how my being blunt, as usual, is treating him like shit. I didn't call his ideas terrible, nor did I insult him, I simply told him to stop asking. Rudely, but still. Not seeing where I'm treating him like shit :P

Edited by seph1212

I brought up a legitimate point, and then when he brought up half-shifting I conceded that I hadn't thought of that and that it would work, just that it was still unlikely to happen, and almost definitely not by a request.

Not seeing the 'treating like a little piece of shit' here.

This hack'll be just fine w/o Sothe and whoever else you said. Would like some new elemental blades. (like the Thunderblade that was implemented. That was a great idea. Would be cool if there was a sword with the Fimbulvetr animation)

We'll handle the arguments in private, I don't want to go around derailing Ray's thread any more than it already has been, and Ray doesn't deserve that. He works hard on this project, and that should be the focus of the discussion (his awesome, awesome job on this project :):).

It's great to see the project progressing. It's always great to see things progress, especially with such a high-quality piece of work like A Sacred Dawn. Keep up the good work, Ray! I look forward to the seeing what's still up that creative sleeve of yours'.

(like the Thunderblade that was implemented. That was a great idea. Would be cool if there was a sword with the Fimbulvetr animation)

Though I doubt MK will do this, this is a pretty cool idea. I'll ask him if he's up for it.

Well, it looks that I've been....<puts sunglasses on>...outbowted.

Okay, ya, bad pun, but I'm glad that Ray has a plan.

Well, we did all say that your reasoning wasn't good enough. If you could provide maybe some semblance of an argument for why Leo -> shaman makes sense, it could be considered ' x'

But yeah, "because he's mature" is pretty shit for a point, tbh.

Volug can be "halfshifted" (aka, be a palette swapped Mauthe Doog or something). This works because Volug is constantly half-shifted throughout RD, so it fits.

Yeah, it's amazing the response people can get on these forums for just suggesting an idea, might as well go throw yourselves to the wolves.

I see what you did there. Tee hee.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Yeah! You keep up this hack, MK! You don't have to reclass any canon characters or have to redesign your OCs! I got your back!

• 2 weeks later...

Are you still updating this thread? Seems to be too quiet...

This hack will be big by the way, great job! ^_^

**Btw, can someone tell me how to change my Black Knight icon? I want to change to something else? :O

Edited by SionEltnam

Wut the Black Knight icon is dependent on how many posts you make. So you can only change it by posting more. Aaaand Ray updates the thread when he has new content to show, so it's not necessarily all the time, it's at his leisure. When he has new stuff to show, it'll be updated again.

Hey MK! Long time fan (since the 7 hack), and I love where the revised 8 hack is going. I was just wondering, if it isn't too much of a bother, if you might add your growth rates. It's just cos I like to chart and compare character progress with there growths compared to the whims of the RNGoddess.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys... Guess what...

... that's a fake. Even his friends don't have access to it.

So this pretty much tells you that it's gonna be a while.

So yeah, Ray. I faked it. LIKE A BOSS.

It's funny actually. I remember back when there was "MK404's Hack", and it was like the biggest thing since sliced bread, and in actuality it was only a reskin. I remember that MK's mugs were like "WHOAAA CUSTOM FE CHARS HOW U DO DAT?!" and then nowadays, they're clearly not the greatest.

Yet this hack really stands out, to me at least. The mugs aren't wtf-amazing, but they have a consistent style and I kinda think that despite the "flaws" they all go together well and they seem like they all have personality or a spark, not just emotionless faces frozen in a :| expression. Then, we go to the other graphics, clearly rivaling and/or surpassing that of DoF, in my opinion anyway. I love the windowskins the most, they're lavish and rich in features, yet don't drown out the other parts of the ingame screen, like the HP bars and numbers. Everything just basically fits, and that's pretty awesome.

It's funny actually. I remember back when there was "MK404's Hack", and it was like the biggest thing since sliced bread, and in actuality it was only a reskin. I remember that MK's mugs were like "WHOAAA CUSTOM FE CHARS HOW U DO DAT?!" and then nowadays, they're clearly not the greatest.

Yet this hack really stands out, to me at least. The mugs aren't wtf-amazing, but they have a consistent style and I kinda think that despite the "flaws" they all go together well and they seem like they all have personality or a spark, not just emotionless faces frozen in a :| expression. Then, we go to the other graphics, clearly rivaling and/or surpassing that of DoF, in my opinion anyway. I love the windowskins the most, they're lavish and rich in features, yet don't drown out the other parts of the ingame screen, like the HP bars and numbers. Everything just basically fits, and that's pretty awesome.

Can I just repeat everything Klok said, because even though I can see the errors in MK's mugs, I still think they're way better than tonnes of full customs out there just because of his style and how consistent he keeps everything?

Because seriously he does a good job.

Where's my advanced copy dammit, I want to LP this already

Hey guys... Guess what...

... that's a fake. Even his friends don't have access to it.

So this pretty much tells you that it's gonna be a while.

So yeah, Ray. I faked it. LIKE A BOSS.

:')

gotta say something relevant uh uhh

Well I guess I can say that I finally finished that animation I was hung up on a few weeks ago and am working on doing the events for Ch. 5x. Probably my biggest obstacle at current is tile changes. I know how to do them in FE7(see Yuri's Sidestory), but I have no idea how to do them for FE8, especially triggerable ones. Ch. 6 is going to take place in a village, so I would at least like to have some knowledge on FE8 tile changes before I do it. If anyone can offer assistance, I'd appreciate it.

I never realized that FE8 handled them differently. You tried doing things just like you did in FE7 and it didn't work?

I never realized that FE8 handled them differently. You tried doing things just like you did in FE7 and it didn't work?

For the most part; I haven't really done extensive testing, just a bit of trial and error, but I can safely say that it's different from how FE7 does it.

Not exactly helping me that FE8 doesn't have a macro for tile changes or a (decipherable)command for triggerable ones in EA.

For the most part; I haven't really done extensive testing, just a bit of trial and error, but I can safely say that it's different from how FE7 does it.

Not exactly helping me that FE8 doesn't have a macro for tile changes or a (decipherable)command for triggerable ones in EA.

Tried asking Timo about that? I mean he DID make the Event Assembler. XD

Maybe he can look into it for you.

At the moment, I'm not really that confident in Cam and my debugging skills... especially for FE8. XD

:')

gotta say something relevant uh uhh

Well I guess I can say that I finally finished that animation I was hung up on a few weeks ago and am working on doing the events for Ch. 5x. Probably my biggest obstacle at current is tile changes. I know how to do them in FE7(see Yuri's Sidestory), but I have no idea how to do them for FE8, especially triggerable ones. Ch. 6 is going to take place in a village, so I would at least like to have some knowledge on FE8 tile changes before I do it. If anyone can offer assistance, I'd appreciate it.

Lol isn't that music from Megaman , imma alltime megaman geek fan watever u call it , gosh i need help lol