Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn DX

Mage Knight 404

I fired a PM to Timo and he gave me some insight. I'll have to give it a test later(as well as start getting used to new EA, alas...).

Now I have another problem. Chapter 5x functions like vanilla FE8's in which the perspective shifts to the Dawn Brigade, but as such your previous team is still listed under the Unit list and accessing them/resuming the chapter crashes the game. I've dealt with something like this before in Yuri's Sidestory(loading, then unloading a Lord unit, setting Autocursor to Off, etc.), but this one's a bit different.

There's two ASM codes that 5x uses to signify that it's Ephraim's party, one that switches to them as the map starts(ASMC 0x86415) and one that unloads them as the map ends(ASMC 0x86465). I want to see if one could change who is the target of these ASM codes, so I can load and unload the DB units after the map. DISA won't work here; once used and you reload the unit later, they revert to base level and stats(though I don't know if this is a limitation of EA pre-V.9 or not). This is not TOO big of a deal - all it would do if I leave it be is allow the player to rearrange their equipment before Ch. 6 starts because lolworldmap, but I'll have to do this again for ANOTHER side chapter later when the party changes again and that I can't afford to slack in.

I think this is a rather tall order, but I'm just throwing it out there...

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give me like an hour and i'll get back to you on that

EDIT1: I think I'm onto something. There's possibly a pointer table (or an array of ints, I haven't checked yet) at 0x59A5D0. You can go check that if you don't want to wait for me.

Edited by Camtech

double post and i'm proud of it

There are three routines to track (both routines which you gave me and the one called by both), and possibly a fourth (but I'm too lazy to do it atm). I didn't really log them due to laziness, but the disassembly files gave me more than enough information. Everything I know can be found here aside from my solution (which is a work-in-progress - fuck you IS for not doing it the right way and using an array).

if you want something else to go off of:

0808642C 280F     cmp     r0,#0xF

notice that the hex is "280F" when it's comparing r0 to "0x0F"

but this only works if it's a three character party (since i have no fucking idea how the orson thing works)

Well, this is convenient for the other alternate party chapter I have, since that party has three characters, but yeah, not helping my current case, since this party has five.

at a time when i have less than seven homework assignments and three tests staring me in the face i'll get around to reverse-engineering the "store characters to memory" routine

I have half of a solution planned out already, it's just a little bit technical (ie just ask me if you want to see it)

but I have no idea how to do them for FE8, especially triggerable ones. Ch. 6 is going to take place in a village, so I would at least like to have some knowledge on FE8 tile changes before I do it. If anyone can offer assistance, I'd appreciate it.

Just do it in hex. That's how I did tile changes in my FE8 hack. All you have to do is copy pre-made tile changes that already exist in FE8 and edit them as need be.

Ray's not going to be a Jeagan, is he?

Nnnnnope. :3

In fact, you won't get a Jagen type unit until Ch. 10. The closest you have is probably Winston, who's only a few levels ahead of the team when he joins.

Nnnnnope. :3

In fact, you won't get a Jagen type unit until Ch. 10. The closest you have is probably Winston, who's only a few levels ahead of the team when he joins.

Thank goodness! Heroes are my favorite class. <333333333

Ray's not going to be a Jeagan, is he?

Thank goodness! Heroes are my favorite class. <333333333

these

make no sense

when put together

you realise Jagens are good units as a rule, simply by dint of circumstance, right

(Are there any exceptions? I've not played FE1/3...)

EDIT: I've half a mind to take this post down in hindsight because it looks like I'm just trying to start a fight at 7.45 while extremely pissed off

SO ON TOPIC

If you feel like revealing, will it be a Jagen that can actually last long-distance? A classical one, such as Jagen himself? ... Sedgar?

Edited by Furetchen

Sedgar OH IF ONLY. :3

This Jagen would more or less be along the lines of an Oifaye by my plans and even has major importance in the plot, so they can't really be shrugged away.

...one again...did you read, any of the topic.

he explains that he doesn't so that he can make this an original hack

You're wrong, lol.

A few characters from FE10 will be making appearances, but that's it. And a few from FE6.

You're wrong, lol.

A few characters from FE10 will be making appearances, but that's it. And a few from FE6.

A few from FE6 eh? Let the speculation games begin. Not that I'm encouraging people to actually POST it since that will probably clog this thread up a tad bit.

A few from FE6 eh? Let the speculation games begin. Not that I'm encouraging people to actually POST it since that will probably clog this thread up a tad bit.

I'll spare you the suspense and say that the FE6 characters only extend to Zephiel, Brunya, Zeed, and Jemmie currently. :c

Yes, I have read the topic. I'm a big fan of his hacks. I played his FE7 one so many times. The reason I was asking is because he hadn't updated in a while. He could have changed some things... people have done it before. >_>

I'll spare you the suspense and say that the FE6 characters only extend to Zephiel, Brunya, Zeed, and Jemmie currently. :c

Awww Ray you're a jerk. Speculating is fun....Then again, people spamming their guess is not. I'll accept this. For now.

Awww Ray you're a jerk. Speculating is fun....Then again, people spamming their guess is not. I'll accept this. For now.

The jerkiest. :3

Well, I guess I can throw this out there while I wait for either Rey or Cam to help me out since I can't progress yet. This chapter features rain, but it's not slowing down any of the units. I knew that rain in FE8 still slowed down your units and then I figured out that it was due to the terrain I was on - the map is a ship. No penalties out at sea, it seems. I figured that FE8 would have a Nightmare Module to edit that, but it looks like it doesn't, so it looks like I'll have to edit it in hex... oh dear

In other news, I've been working on text for several chapters as a pastime and have hit Ch. 8. One more and I'll have finished all of the text for the first act of ASDDX. Still need to format all of it, though. xD

(also my birthday's in 9 days and I don't have anything planned to give you guys dammit)