Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn DX

Mage Knight 404

Ray I was wondering if you were going to implement Dragon Riders and Dragon Lords to use Axes, also I can't put my finger on it, but Pegasus Knights start out with swords just doesn't feel right, I dono if I think it's OP or mehhhh. Maybe both Dragons and Pegasus can unlock lance after promotion? Nonetheless, the progress looks really nice so far and I hope for the best in the future.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh the beauty of character development :D

It just keeps getting better and better, I'm liking the characters they have their own unique style and are more relatable too than most FE characters.

Maybe that's why I like it so much?

Either way it's looking really good, a few typo's or missing apostrophe's and such but other than that no problems.

Hope to see more soon :D

Ray I was wondering if you were going to implement Dragon Riders and Dragon Lords to use Axes, also I can't put my finger on it, but Pegasus Knights start out with swords just doesn't feel right, I dono if I think it's OP or mehhhh. Maybe both Dragons and Pegasus can unlock lance after promotion?

Pegasus Knights can still use lances, just the ones you get have more of a sword focus. Dracoknights will use lances only(and I can't be assed to make an animation for them or Dragonlord with axes), but have higher bases than Pegasus Knight until they both class change when they'll use another weapon.

Pegasus Knights can still use lances, just the ones you get have more of a sword focus. Dracoknights will use lances only(and I can't be assed to make an animation for them or Dragonlord with axes), but have higher bases than Pegasus Knight until they both class change when they'll use another weapon.

Since you were able to implement a Magefighter into your Yuri's Sidestory hack, perhaps there can be Falcoknights with Staffs...or would that still be too much trouble?

Edited by Taku

Since you were able to implement a Magefighter into your Yuri's Sidestory hack, perhaps there can be Falcoknights with Staffs...or would that still be too much trouble?

I'm afraid I can't do that in this one. The Strength/Magic split patch that's out right now has one annoying aesthetic problem: magic swords do not use a melee animation anymore. That -would- be all well and good for me, but Julie has an animation for using Thunderblade at melee range. It's a small reason, but that alone would mean I cannot use that patch and do that. :c

not sure if this will help at all, but there is already a wyvern knight with axe animation made by a spanish fire emblem group here:

and there is a axe wyvern lord animation here:

sorry if i'm stating the obvious. (:

Edited by SuperXela69

I'm afraid I can't do that in this one. The Strength/Magic split patch that's out right now has one annoying aesthetic problem: magic swords do not use a melee animation anymore. That -would- be all well and good for me, but Julie has an animation for using Thunderblade at melee range. It's a small reason, but that alone would mean I cannot use that patch and do that. :c

Nice job on the second chapter, and sucks that sword and staffs can't mix, throws out the whole suggestion for valkyries with swords instead of magic, moving along, i was wondering about what you would do about the generals? I remembered in the sacred stones, generals were able to utilize swords, lances, and axes, but, i wasn't sure if you would still go along with that set up or if you would change the appearance of the generals like you did to the armored knights

• 4 weeks later...

When's the next update coming? I've been waiting anxiously for so long now, hahaha

Text is being worked on, and I'm waiting on fixes to the map I made for Chapter 4, then I can construct this chapter. Though I'm having bouts with willpower and junk. Haven't really found motivation to do a whole lot of anything lately, really. :c

Text is being worked on, and I'm waiting on fixes to the map I made for Chapter 4, then I can construct this chapter. Though I'm having bouts with willpower and junk. Haven't really found motivation to do a whole lot of anything lately, really. :c

Understandable. Everybody goes through stuff like that. I'm loving what your doing here though. Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to try this out! ^_^

I'm just wondering... Is Nephenee going to be in this?

He hates "has a great dislike" for her, so I doubt it.

I can't wait to try this out! ^_^

I'm just wondering... Is Nephenee going to be in this?

While Radiant Dawn characters do show up, Nephenee is not one of them. The reason why will become apparent once ASDDX's hacking progression reaches that point. (Also, beyond story reasons, we're at our quota for Soldiers/Halberdiers anyway.)

Aww really....? Would be nice to have a female soldier/halberdier though. With green long hair wearing blue armor, but isn't a country girl lol.

Check out Dream of Five then if you want a female Soldier/Halberdier. (Or, make you own hack that has one.)

That was a retarded question to ask.

How so? It's not like we've released a list of the characters and an easy search would have indicated that she wasn't on the roster. Furthermore, as a moderator, I have to mention that your comment is questionable at a minimum. It's borderline spam and could even be considered inflammatory. Since I'm not sure of your intentions, I'll let it go as a verbal warning this time.

Edited by Lord Glenn

may i ask why MageKnight 404 dislikes Nephy? granted i don't like her either but i very rarely find people who share this thought so i'd like some insight.

speaking of the soldier class, what will you guys be doing to make it worth using? as i felt like the class is rather underpowered in FE9 and 10.

I've never been a big fan of Neph. Though I admit wholeheartedly that she's an absolute terror in the games, aside from her massive popularity which I kind of gloss over with a groan, I just don't think she's particularly interesting compared to Aran's tank nature or Devdan's/Danved's quirks. She's just another person as far as I'm concerned. Same thing with Mia for example; I'd rather go for either Edward or Stefan due to the former's underdog nature or the latter's sheer awesome compared to Mia, again due to her massive popularity.

I'm weird.

Also, Soldiers have pretty much always been the middleground class compared to Mercs/Myrms and Fighters. Same thing here.

I've never been a big fan of Neph. Though I admit wholeheartedly that she's an absolute terror in the games, aside from her massive popularity which I kind of gloss over with a groan, I just don't think she's particularly interesting compared to Aran's tank nature or Devdan's/Danved's quirks. She's just another person as far as I'm concerned. Same thing with Mia for example; I'd rather go for either Edward or Stefan due to the former's underdog nature or the latter's sheer awesome compared to Mia, again due to her massive popularity.

I'm weird.

Also, Soldiers have pretty much always been the middleground class compared to Mercs/Myrms and Fighters. Same thing here.

alrightly that makes sense, thank you for your time.

i do wonder which FE10 character will be in the game, but i'll fine out with the finished product.

Will there be custom soundtracks on the DX version? For some weird reason I thought the music you added to your FEASDDX videos on youtube was the actual in-game music lol... (guess not? -_-)

And I thought the same with Yuris' Side Story too...

Here's an idea:

How about instead of asking what characters are in and ruining the surprise, you wait until he makes an update to show what characters ARE in. Doesn't that sound more exciting?

... oh, wait, of course not. Gamers can't be satisfied with what they have for more than three seconds.