Rate the Unit, Day 24: Legault

Kngt_Of_Titania

So I have a hard time ranking Legault. He's almost completely useless in S-rank runs because of the high cost of Fell Contract (and the fact that you really DON'T NEED him if Matthew is capping SPD so quickly), but I might see some use for him in efficiency runs...maybe. I mean, in combat, he eventually becomes Guy with 15% less crit but with a 15-20% chance per hit to randomly kill anybody (ANY-BODY, even if he tinks) but the dragon and the iron rune prick and with insane dodge...but I can't say he's AMAZING (I certainly like his combat), simply because he's swordlocked, his promotion is forced hella late, crap STR cap, and he HAS to use killing edge to be useful.

Ranking: 5.5/10 <--- Although it is prone to change.

Rankings (In Order):

Wil: 1.86

Bartre: 2.8

Rebecca: 3.13

Dart: 3.86

Dorcas: 4.1

Canas 5.26

Eliwood: 5.34

Guy: 5.63

Erk: 6.05

Lyn: 6.12

Matthew: 6.3

Serra: 6.3

Oswin: 6.7

Lowen: 6.75

Lucius: 7.02

Fiora: 8.01

Kent: 8.17

Hector: 8.3

Priscilla: 8.3

Florina: 8.43

Raven: 8.47

Sain: 8.83

Marcus: 9.29

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

I only use thieves for utility, not combat so Legault is better to me...

6.5/10

This statement confuses me. Matthew comes like 9 chapters earlier, is needed for Silver Card, AND caps SPD fast, the only stat the utility is dependent on. How does Legault win in utility?

I prefer sticking with Matthew, but then again, assassins are still very useful, but costly to promote. I'd prefer that assassins still had the ability to steal, but that makes Legault just "one of the average" units, compared to so many more useful ones.

6/10

Legault is cool. But Matthew is earlier. Given that both are useful (and Legs can go steal that Member's Card...), he has a decent utility score. Given that neither are as good of assassins as :Jaffar: , I will opt to give him a 7/10 for utility purposes. As a combatant, he isn't as useful.

But his personality is hilarious.

5.5/10. Same rating as I gave Matthew. Mattie gets more shit stolen but Legault survives a bit better. Mattew likely wouldn't be at or above Legault's levels (and is less durable at equal levels, anyway) with his shit combat and too busy stealing to get much kills, so I usually replace him with Legault after Legault joins since Legault survives a little better so if I accidentally him in enemy range, I'm a little less screwed.

Also long hair <3

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I don't like thieves, but they get shit like promotion items which is kinda important. Legault has some sembalence of durability for a thief, so Matthew realistically isn't deployed after he joins

3/10

read, no fucking clue out of 10.

7.5/10. Better suited to combat than Matthew, and somewhat more durable. Also, he's awesome.

Edited by Metal King Slime

why did Fiora get such a low score ;A;

Legault has a 7/10 from me, he's durable and thats all I care for a utility unit and his bases don't look too bad but i'm a bit permissive ^^' if I did an efficient run i'd probably have him replace Matthew or use both together since thieves are useful

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

why did Fiora get such a low score ;A;

Because she's a terrible older sister.

I like Legault. He's a durable Thief and can fight back. Also he hits on Heath. I can't blame him. Heath and his hair are too sexy.

Sure Matthew is around most of the time but you may as well bench him when you get Legault unless you feel like bringing two Thieve to get stuff. I give him a 7/10

He's a decent combat unit, and a great replacement for Matthew when he does come along in terms of stealing stuff. However you won't be promoting him unless you want to murder Funds.

He also steals shit. An in certain chapters it's always nice to have a second Thief about.

Not gonna be rating him down just because he comes later than Matthew. It's not his fault.

Raven's rating: 68%

Matthew is a terrible fighter. Legault... isn't. Train Matthew to the extent where he can steal the Silver Card, sure, but after that the motherfucker is getting his ass DROPPED.

Legault, to contrast, can do everything Matt does only better. And is far cooler. Not even subjectively. He's not perfect, but worth the 7.

He gets props for being the better fighter as a Thief than Matthew who is designated for stealing around stuff.

Way better bases and better growths V.S Matthew's stats and also a good candidate for the Fell Contract which is kinda optional though; since most players do not want to murder their funds rank.

So... rating?

Edited by Frosty the Blizzardkitty

6/10 because I don't like him.

No srsly, the members card isn't that important, and mathew gets the silver card.

Better combatant than matthew, whom I ranked a 5, but thieves shouldnt fight, they should just defend their sword locked selves.

*edits

I actually prefer thieves to all other classes. I just acknowledge that they aren't good in combat.

Edited by Elieson

So I have a hard time ranking Legault. He's almost completely useless in S-rank runs because of the high cost of Fell Contract (and the fact that you really DON'T NEED him if Matthew is capping SPD so quickly), but I might see some use for him in efficiency runs...maybe.

wat

How does that affect his usefulness when he'll be capping it way before that anyway, and with better combat stats to pack.

There's also this thing called "thief utility", and nothing is impeding you from having two Thieves. Especially not one that can actually take a hit.

I give him an 8.5. Legault is great.

having two thieves can hurt your combat because you're now short of one more combat unit.

Legualt is... cool for getting the member card and that's about it. You never really need him in any chapter after that except the Battle before Dawn. Matthew has chances of getting trained and being better than Legault. On top of that, he has done real cool stuff in all the chapters before Legualt joins. Only exception is you can deploy both in the chapter against Eubans to loot the chests. Read: jaffar can steal the stuff in the chater against Denning.

Now he's not that bad, but he's just redundant to use once you do get him. If you used Matthew, he should be better. If not, go with Legault for about 2-3 chapters where you need him, then bench him.

5/10, because thieves are still cool.

I'm sorry (and I'm not trying to be a dick), but

Much more better bases and more better

better = more good. So no "more" needed in front of it.

Legault looks like he'd be a much better assassin than Matthew, with bases for more than just speed esp skill (no squandering 3 skill books on matt). His affinity gives him no crit boost though, so that's up to 6.25% lethality lost. Useful thief too with those bases.

8/10

Legault is hot. He also fights better than Matthew, and his affinity's made for durability, not blicking things. Unfortunately, my favorite support options for him either take forever and a day, or are people I'd rather not deploy. Also, Killing Edges are painful to get in HHM.

7.5/10, for being a personal favorite of mine.