Rate the Unit, Day 14: Clarine

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist in sacae" ANYWHERE in your rating for Juno I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

Bors: 1.14

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Lot: 5.40

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Chad: 6.42

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

despite a lot of dumb people way overrating lugh i think he came out about fine overall

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarine

The first troubadour you'll get in this game; and is one nasty bitch in terms of personality.

She arrives early; around C4 hence making her availability wide! She also recruits and supports Rutger Murderface, who is one of the best in-game units of FE6; and she has an overkill SPD and LCK growth but she has lol 30% MAG growth; however her support pool is ridiculous! She has access to evade-boosting support affinities namely Dark, Thunder, Ice and Anima! Although the suggested one is the Dieck/Rutger/Clarine support triangle so she can fully benefit from that insane +25 AVOID and crazy +25 CRIT which she likes to do on many enemies once you get her a Thunder tome.

Cons, well... again her lulzy MAG isn't much to look at. Next, she has the durability of a wet paper although that is nulled by her h4x dodging powers and she's a Healer and giving her EXP is a pain unless you spam so many staves on her.

But still, she's a great unit around and park her in a forest/mountain/gate/fort tile when she's promoted and watch enemies commit suicide on her.

Mounted healer. Has a mount. Does healing. Gets offense after promotion but bad Mag and E Anima doesn't help at all. Has stupidly high avoid growth which is good because she can hardly take a hit.

8/10

She can HEAL. AND HAS A PONY. What's not to like? Except maybe she could get Mag screwed but that's what Recover is for right? Also can support triangle with Rutger and Dieck (who are very good units).

7/10

Edited by Racer

Mounted healer with decent availability, good stats, and awesome supports.

9.5/10

Too bad I somewhat dislike her.

9/10

lol, the banana rule stayed.

Edited by Darros

9/10

High movement and staff access is an enormous boon in this game. With an excellent Rutger support, Clarine is also helpful for killing bosses since she buffs his hit, crit, and notably cev (since Rutger faces crit from some bosses). She is somewhat let down by her abysmal staff rank, however. Her magic is not such a large issue since most of the other staff users in the game also have poor magic: Saul, for instance, is only 2 points ahead at 20/1. Obviously, Yodel and Niime leave her in the dust, but for the other 2/3rds of the game it really doesn't matter that much.

Post-promotion, she can also be useful for combat. Low resistance on enemies means that she can usually 2RKO unpromoted enemies even with Fire and her low magic stat, and her sky-high speed and luck and avoid-boosting supports can make her virtually indestructible. She's pretty useless against promoted enemies, however, who tend to have better resistance.

She can HEAL. AND HAS A PONY. What's not to like? Except maybe she could get Mag screwed but that's what Recover is for right? Also can support triangle with Rutger and Dieck (who are very good units).

Being a mounted healer?

Lessee

-Mount in a game that loves mounts.

-Healing on top of a mount.

-I remember hearing somewhere that she has a 130% avoid growth, so h4x avoid is nice.

-Supports a bunch of great units.

-Aircalibur Clarine in lategame is fun.

-Low magic is prone to a bit of RNG screwage, but she can use mend/recover to make up for it.

-

9/10+bias.

10/10

9/10

High movement and staff access is an enormous boon in this game. With an excellent Rutger support, Clarine is also helpful for killing bosses since she buffs his hit, crit, and notably cev (since Rutger faces crit from some bosses). She is somewhat let down by her abysmal staff rank, however. Her magic is not such a large issue since most of the other staff users in the game also have poor magic: Saul, for instance, is only 2 points ahead at 20/1. Obviously, Yodel and Niime leave her in the dust, but for the other 2/3rds of the game it really doesn't matter that much.

Post-promotion, she can also be useful for combat. Low resistance on enemies means that she can usually 2RKO unpromoted enemies even with Fire and her low magic stat, and her sky-high speed and luck and avoid-boosting supports can make her virtually indestructible. She's pretty useless against promoted enemies, however, who tend to have better resistance.

Crash, kindly screw out of this thread. You're not going to contribute anything even vaguely meaningful, so please just stop now.

Clarine, the Mounted Healer. She can heal things decently but her Magic Growth is bad (Worse than Lugh's) and she is quite hard to keep alive earlygame before she gains awesome avoid...

6/10

lol, a user named Narshen is rating Clarine. Quite awkwardlaugh.gif

A mounted healer who is actually available. That's good. Has supports with two of the game's best characters and arguably HM's best bosskiller. That's... good...er. The only thing I'd really dock is her fragility and the fact her Dieck support is quite slow so you're not actually likely to see it unless you're playing pretty casually. The Rutger one can actually happen, at least, and is well worth it.

8.5/10

Ike you should just ban Crash or something

Anyway. Clarine. I hate her personality, but I love her as a unit. Goddamn.

First of all, mounted healer mounted healer mounted healer <3333333

That alone is pretty fucking awesome.

And then hoooly shit her avoid

A promoted Clarine is so dodgetanky she can stand on a forest and destroy Dracoknights with THUNDER

And supports Rutger too well and Dieck but that one is slow (but that triangle is hax)

eeeeee~

Her mag growth sucks, but since she starts as a healer it doesn't matter as much. And Rutger support gives full crit and thunder thunder thundeerrrr~~~

Oh not to mention that gives Rutger full crit back and Rutger loves all the crit he can get and making Rutger EVEN BETTER is always good

Yes despite me disliking her personality Imma give her half a bias point because I just love using her so much

8.5/10

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Early mounted healer who can easily level up, supports with two of the games boss killers, and even disregarding them still has a support with Lance, not to mention being able to keep up with him (pity he's slow as shit) Clarine has every advantage in the early game... except being able to attack, and Mag screw.

If she got Ellen's Mag growth and could start swinging fire around before a Guiding ring (and considering how fucking hard that promotion item is to come by, your... oh lets see... Saul, Ellen, Lugh, Lilina, Clarine, Ray- 6 Magic users are all going to be fighting over one fucking ring. of which there are 3 you can get before facing down Zephiel, and on the B Route (I believe that's Sacae) one is in Chapter fucking 20. but I digress) She'll need to proc mag a bit to earn her spot on the team... as a fighter.

See the thing about Clarine is even if she sucks as a fighter, her staff utility, pony, and support pool all make that irrelevant because she will boost two of Lance, Rutgar and Dieck into complete Godhood (Statement may be overblowing her capabilities) So she's a wonderful boon companion.

She has better move than Saul and Ellen and no healer will match it until Cecilia. Who joins on a Desert. and Clarine isn't doing anything else with her turns but spamming her healing sticks, so her Staff level should hit A with no problem.

9/10 with a Bias point, I don't think I've had a run where Clarine didn't come through for me. Makes a great support partner for other guaranteed units, and even if Mag screwed functions as a perfectly adequate Heal Bot.

Healer with a pony who comes early, at a point where the game begins to ramp up a bit. Supports Rutger and dodges everything (not that she should be used as bait, but if you can't help leaving her open on some point then there's a good chance she'll live). Her low MAG means Heal is going to stop cutting it kind of quickly, but that's what Mend and Recover are for. Not the best with offensive magic if she promotes, but that's not the point of her anyways.

9/10, with bias.