Rate the Unit, Day 15: Tormod

PKL

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac).

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.341

Leonardo: 2.531

Ilyana: 3.75

Tauroneo: 4.5

Aran: 4.926

Laura: 5.139

Edward: 6.316

Micaiah: 6.5

Zihark: 7.44

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.875

Sothe: 8.938

Nolan: 9.069

Tormod, leader of the Laguz Emancipation Effort and a good friend of Sothe's. Muarim raised him.

Pros:

Great bases in joining chapter.

Celerity skill.

Good fire tome rank.

Cons:

:blink:

Disappears for like, the whole game.

Comes back completely underleveled.

Magic growth isnt too amazing.

Tormod is a pretty cool unit when he shows up in the DB chapters. Hes got good enough bases to kill junk and double. He also has Celerity which helps his move. (lawl like its really staying on him though.) After 1-E, Tormod and company end up just plain disappearing for the entire game. By the time he comes back, its really late in the game and hes so hideously underleveled, hes gonna get outright murdered. Training him in that chapter is difficult and tedious at best. Plus his magic growth is lacking compared to other units like Calill and Soren and even Pelleas. He does come with some nice tomes though but yeah. If you want to use a fire mage for endgame, its best to stick with Calill.

2.5/10. 3/10 bias because Tormod-win

I give Tormod a 4/10, with bias.

He can actually do shit while he's there, and that's much more than Fiona or Meg's saying for themselves. He can ORKO most things, if he doubles, and if he doesn't, then it's a 2HKO or rarely a 3HKO. On his joining chapter, he has celerity and can wtfpwn ledge mages and doesn't afraid of anything. Then celerity's going to be ripped off of him, but whatever. He's good for the swamp too, can possibly kill the pesky dracoknight. If not, he can tank bandits like a boss.

Then he disappears forever, but at least he can meteor doors when he comes back.

Edited by CR-S01

Tormod is an awesome Fire Mage and if he actually stuck around he would be godly in the DB chapters. But he doesn't. And that sucks. Seriously, he's got a good setup, Celerity, good Fire rank (hell, his Thunder rank beats Ilyana's), surprisingly durable for a mage... and then he and Muarim and that bird chick are gone and you don't see them again for forever. Argh. Goddamnit, Tormod.

3/10

Tormod would be the best mage in the game if it weren't for his lazy ass. Come on there's a war between the beorc and the laguz, and you, your daddy and crow lady are just gonna sit in the desert?

Good in the dawn brigade chapters, doesn't exitst in part 3 and crap in part 4

3/10

Tormod is useless and inferior to Ilyana, not to mention Anouleth likes him too much 0/10.

Okay, he does roughly as much as Taur - possibly a little less considering Taur also has 3-12 and 3-13. Decent enough offense, but man it blows when he returns in Part 4.

4/10. No bias.

2/10. Helpful in part 1, but because he disapoofs for all eternity you don't want him killing too much, and by the time he returns, he's a hopeless case.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Tormod is one of my two favorite characters in all of the FE games, and he's the one I've known and liked the longest. But I'm not going to be easy on him, because he has massive problems in RD. Namely ... availability.

He shows up in part 1, where he can kill stuff reliably and take quite a few hits. You don't want to over-level him and have him kill too much, because the DB needs that experience desperately, but he can hold his own better than any of them and either kill stuff dead or weaken them for someone else to pick off.

But then ... he disappears for 95% of the game! By the time he shows up, he's too underleveled to do ANYTHING. Unless you're like me and just really, REALLY like him ... he's not going anywhere after that.

Still, I think his earlygame contribution is worth a 3/10.

During part 1, he is a decent unit, was one of the better DB units. After that... well, he's gone until the 2nd Greil Army chapter in PART 4. By then, he is ridiculously underleveled. Even Pelleas has it better off than him, in avalibility and level. Cahill is always there if you are dying for a fire mage, but soren and even Bastian are better choices.

Celerity is good to give to someone else (best choice to give to your heron) and he's pretty cool for a .5 bias point(s), so I give him a

3.5/10

The only reason Tormod is morderately cool is the people he hangs out with.

Anyways. he does provide the celerity skill and is a pretty good fighter in the 3 chapters he isn't underleveled in.

I've only touched him once after he got back in 4-4 on all my playthoughs and he didn't do anything the other mages couldn't do.

4/10.

Looking forward to Muarim and Vika.

He shows up, murders stuff, and then goes off into the sunset. At least he can contribute in his joining chapter by using Meteor on the doors.

4/10 (bias point added because he's amusing like that)

I give Tormod a 4/10, with bias.

He can actually do shit while he's there, and that's much more than Fiona or Meg's saying for themselves. He can ORKO most things, if he doubles, and if he doesn't, then it's a 2HKO or rarely a 3HKO. On his joining chapter, he has celerity and can wtfpwn ledge mages and doesn't afraid of anything. Then celerity's going to be ripped off of him, but whatever. He's good for the swamp too, can possibly kill the pesky dracoknight. If not, he can tank bandits like a boss.

Then he disappears forever, but at least he can meteor doors when he comes back.

Yeah, and I'm shocked to see him being one of the survivors of Ashura's wrath.

2/10. Helpful in part 1, but disapoofs for all eternity, and by the time he returns, he's a hopeless case.

You can tell that IS didn't really care much for him. Cuz why would he join in both games up to the point of not bothering to use him period?

-----

Only one of the two to use Rexflame. But without massive babying (and Favoritsm) in Part 4-4 with Paragon, or Bonus EXP, he is NEVER going to get there anyway. One of the most useful characters in Part 1. A plus for that. And gives u Celerity. So...

3/10

Edited by リンダ

Helpful in Part 1 but totally not needed and not wanted if you want more exp for example Leonard/ Nolan/ Eddy.

With some babying/BExp (<- even I hate them both) he's not too bad but while the whole world is at war, Tormod is just chilling there somewhere~

WHILE HE WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD USE FOR DAEIN BECAUSE OF HIS FIRE TOMES DURING PART 3 D:

4.5/10 (Including 1 bias for appearance, being one of my favorite Anima users and being 4th "best unit" on my last PT)

Edited by Serene Flight