Rate the Unit, Day 22: Yubello

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

This Guy is terrible... 1 Mag Base with a 50% Growth... That is bad... His other bases and growths aren't something to brag about either...

0.5/10, With -1 Bias because i hate everything about this degenerate...

Averages:

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Cord: 3.83

Warren: 4.35

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Arran: 6.62

Cecil: 7.21

Ryan: 7.71

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

Yumina: 8.20

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Malliesia: 9.50

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

Edited by *Narshen*

Terrible, horrible, horribad, awful, etc. He is so bad, he fails at being a staffbot too, which normally almost any character can be decent at. 0/10. Changed my opinion because he seems a bit salvageable as a fighter in theory. 1/10

Edited by PKL

Ohey its Yousuckello. The dude with base magic of a negative value. How on earth did IS make him a mage? His spd and def bases are as bad as Wrys, and Wrys had problems being a staffbot.

Yubello is best used as a Fighter, since it gives him balanced growths and a chance of surviving for a change. Not that he'll be anything great, but 40% Str is better than nothing. The others are usually going for the pirate class, so there should be a spot for a fighter.

2/10

Ohey its Yousuckello. The dude with base magic of a negative value. How on earth did IS make him a mage? His spd and def bases are as bad as Wrys, and Wrys had problems being a staffbot. Yubello is best used as a Fighter, since it gives him balanced growths and a chance of surviving for a change. Not that he'll be anything great, but 40% Str is better than nothing. The others are usually going for the pirate class, so there should be a spot for a fighter. 2/10
Good point. Hadnt thought of that one. I guess he can be salvageable as a fighter in H1. His bases as fighter are: HP 24 Str 7 Mag 0 Skl 3 Spd 9 Lck 5 Def 4 Res 0 Axe E and his growhts: 100%/40%/0%/45%/45%/50%/40%/0%. Im changing my vote to 1/10.

Yeah, someone can shoot me now. While I gave Yumina a bad rap...I'll give Yubello a not as bad one.

The biggest setback for Yubello over here is the fact his bases are just awful (heck they're worse than his SNES FE counterpart. An absolute base of -2?! Was IS trolling us or something?). It doesn't help matters that you get Linde literally the chapter right before this one (assuming you don't go 3x anyway). His growth rates actually work well and its not hard to level the guy on Chapter 4's relatively weak enemies. But really, his awful bases will hurt him time and time again. Add on the fact Merric got use in the Prologue, and well...

If you have the patience to get him revved up in the higher difficulties, be my guest...but he's definitely more of a Normal Mode dude where his awful bases don't hurt him anywhere as bad. Here, he just has no chance whatsoever unless you spoonfeed him kill after kill after kill. At least he gets good after maybe 10-15 level ups if you do that, but if you don't then using him is like shooting yourself in the foot.

5/10. Same score as his sister, but for totally different reasons. If this was Normal, I would have made it a bit higher.

Edited by Chainy

@ Eclipse - Pirate Yubello has terrible growths compared to fighter's balanced growths. Pirate's (HP 100%/Str 30%/Mag 0%/Skl 35%/Spd 65%/Lck 50%/Def 35%/Res 0%)<<<(HP 100%/Str 40%/Mag 0%/Skl 45%/Spd 45%/Lck 50%/Def 35%/Res 0%) < - Fighter's

Edited by PKL

@ Eclipse - Pirate Yubello has terrible growths compared to fighter's balanced growths. Pirate's (HP 100%/Str 30%/Mag 0%/Skl 35%/Spd 65%/Lck 50%/Def 35%/Res 0%)<<<(HP 100%/Str 40%/Mag 0%/Skl 45%/Spd 45%/Lck 50%/Def 35%/Res 0%) < - Fighter's

Uh I'm not really seeing how 10% strength is less valuable than 20% speed. Yubello isn't super fast or anything so it's not like you can take him doubling for granted.

pirate yubello is way cooler though

Wendell would have a heart attack seeing Yubello like that in his Khedein school.

-----

Sure he gets good HP overtime, but his bases really hurts him in the HM that he can't be useable in the harder modes. He does get ok Skill. He won't crit well without a forged tome, or maybe Thoron. But I give him a bias point, cuz he's soooooo adorable. <3 Like Yumina. ^^

yubello.png

yumina.png

1.5/10

2/10 bias for being such a good boy and being adorable. Polite student of Khadein school. =)

Edited by リンダ

Plus fighter's 3 base speed on him is disgustingly bad. It's like an armour knight without the defense. While H1 isn't Lunatic, the enemies are hardly utter pushovers either. 3 Speed's likely getting him doubled. All you need is 7AS. Might as well go Pirate for...not getting doubled.

Yubello's base Spd as a Fighter is 9, Lumi not 3.

FighterYubellobases.png

This is him as a Pirate at base:

Pirateyubello.png

I guess his bases are much more workable as a Pirate. Which might give him a slightly better start. Now I kinda want to do a playthrough where I use Fighter Yubello for the lulz.

Edited by PKL

Huh

Oh, the way you wrote it in the previous post was confusing. I'm more used to the number being in front of the stat (e. g. 3 skl vs skl 3), haha

Considering Fighter and Pirate have a pretty big spd gap, though, Yubello might be able to double with Pirate speed since 9 ain't doubling shit except maybe armours. Don't have H1 enemy stats on me, but I was playing through Lunatic earlier and the C6 armours had 10 speed. It's pretty unlikely they'll have an entire 5 point difference in a single stat (again, not sure since don't have H1 C5/6 save), so Yubello might not even be able to double that.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I think Wendel taught Yubello by bashing him in the head with a Tome, that's the only way I can think of to explain his -2 base magic. He's barely worth it as a magic user in this mode(or any) because his good magic growth is completley marred by the fact he has to overcome a magic deficit no other character has, but as mentioned as a Pirate or Fighter he has a little bit of possible use but even Cord is a better choice.

1/10

I think Wendel taught Yubello by bashing him in the head with a Tome, that's the only way I can think of to explain his -2 base magic. He's barely worth it as a magic user in this mode(or any) because his good magic growth is completley marred by the fact he has to overcome a magic deficit no other character has, but as mentioned as a Pirate or Fighter he has a little bit of possible use but even Cord is a better choice.

1/10

I'll go with this score except make it a 2/10 for me with a +1 bias included .