FE6 HM Roy + Bow Users Playthrough

ZemZem

After finishing my FE8 Bows Users run, I've decided to try out one for FE7 LHM + EHM for fun. I beat it, but wasn't really impressed with most of my units. Bartre and Dorcas, unsurprisingly, said no to SPD for the entire run, and Rebecca was strangely STR blessed, but SPD screwed. Wil was the only one who could actually 1RKO reliably, and I wasn't too reliant on Louise. Hector and Lyn, though, were blessed all around, and were basically the two best units for the run. Eliwood decided to suck.

I wanted to do another run for FE4, but I haven't really been in the right mood to play that, plus I'm still coming up with rules to see what will work when that playthrough comes. But for now, I thought this morning, "Why not play FE6 HM for the first time, but make it a special playthrough? My pain will surely make even the least sadistic laugh!" So here I am. Ground rules, ya'll:

1. Only Roy, Wolt, Ward, Lot, Dorothy, Sue, Shin, Klein, Bartre, Igrene, and Dayan can be used.

2. Marcus was used up until 8x, which was the point when my units were able to hold their own.

3. Dancers/Bards may be used. In this case, Elphin. Lalum will most likely not be recruited.

4. Healers can be used, but they may not promote.

5. Chad, Astol, and Cath can only steal, open doors and chests, and dig up items in the desert.

6. I'm trying to shoot for the best ending (all S-rank weapons, Roy getting the final blow on Iodun).

7. When a unit promotes, they may still or start to use their primary weapon other than bows. Units that gain another weapon type may use that, as well.

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Chapter 8x

Chapter 9 Part 1

Chapter 9 Part 2

Chapter 10B Part 1

Chapter 10B Part 2

Chapter 11B

Chapter 12

Chapter 12x

Chapter 13

Chapter 14

Chapter 14x

Chapter 15

Chapter 16

Chapter 16x

Chapter 17 (Sacae)

Chapter 18 (Sacae)

Chapter 19 (Sacae)

Chapter 20 (Sacae)

Chapter 20x (Sacae)

Chapter 21

Chapter 21x

Chapter 22 Part 1

Chapter 22 Part 2

Chapter 23

Chapter 24

Final

Unit Analysis

Edited by ZM456

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ch1 can be done with just Roy and Wolt.

I can see that now, but meh, I don't feel like going through too much pain. Since this chapter made me happy, maybe I won't need Marcus for the next.

Chapter 1: Dawn of Destiny

Turns taken: 14

fireemblemsealedsword04.png

I got myself in a lot of trouble. Oh man, I'm PRAYING my units don't get RNG screwed.

fireemblemsealedsword01.png

Eliwood usually does well for me...so you better.

fireemblemsealedsword02.png

Aside from troubadours/valkyries, archers/snipers are my favorite class, so I have high hopes for you.

fireemblemsealedsword03.png

You're gonna be busy for a while, Marcus.

So basically, Marcus weakens everything so Roy and Wolt can pick 'em off, but since a bunch of enemies rushed onto us from the get-go, the three are forced to stay back.

fireemblemsealedsword06.png

And during the scuffle, Wolt leveled up!

fireemblemsealedsword07.png

My heart sank, realizing what hell I put myself through. But alas, another level!

fireemblemsealedsword08.png

SPD would've been nice, but I'm not complaining, Wolt, my boy.

fireemblemsealedsword09.png

Not complaining about this, either!

So, our misfits then face Damas, who Marcus weakened substantially. Wolt raised his hand, wanting to take on the boss and prove to the group that he wasn't entirely useless! Marcus objected, but Roy put his hand on the paladin's shoulder, saying that Wolt would do well. Marcus sighed, getting out of the way so Rebecca's son could take his shot.

fireemblemsealedsword10d.png

fireemblemsealedsword11ti.png

SEE IF I EVER GIVE YOU AN OPPORTUNITY LIKE THAT AGAIN, YA SHIT.

So, Roy took the paladin's weapons and allowed him to get smacked with an axe. Bleeding heavily, the paladin took his weapons back and trudged off crying. Wolt shot yet another arrow, finally hitting his mark, and Roy took the kill for himself.

fireemblemsealedsword12.png

... *is speechless* I...uh...Roy? You're not SUPPOSED to be GOOD.

fireemblemsealedsword13.png

And I took that long? Bleh.

fireemblemsealedsword14.png

Let's just get outta here.

Edited by ZM456

fireemblemsealedsword02.pngAside from troubadours/valkyries, archers/snipers are my favorite class, so I have high hopes for you.

And that was his first mistake.

Edited by Admiral Shin

Chapter 2: The Princess of Bern

Turns taken: 25

Marcus was used a bit, since I don't trust Roy to go off and get 2HKO'ed by the soldiers. Merlinus went to the village to get the armorslayer and shop for swords and bows, and everyone else put their weapons into the storage.

fireemblemsealedsword02.png

It wasn't THAT BAD of a mistake, huh Shin? :P:

At the beginning of turn 2, two more scrubs joined our little group! Ward and Lot of the Western Isles:

Let's hope their SPD growths cooperate.

fireemblemsealedsword05.png

The HORSEBIRD (copyright of Esme) carried Dieck over to the others while Ward and Lot help clear the bottom of enemies. Lot got an HP, SKILL, RES level up that I unfortunately missed out on, but Ward got:

A good one, which surprised me. DAT 20% SPD GROWTH. GOOD THINGS WILL COME FROM IT.

Roy gained STR in every level so far, which is pretty nice.

I appreciate the STR you've been gaining, as well.

The boss was hilarious. It took about 10 turns to take him down, since Ward kept missing his ass. Thankfully, he landed two lucky blows with the Hammer and brought him down on turn 25.

:/

Roy seized.

Well ZM, best of luck to you, Lot, Igrene, Klein and Shin will be your main form of offense

Ward has proven himself worthy during C3, so I'm sure he has a spot in there.

I was putting up chapter 3, but I clicked on something else, which now makes me have to start putting the images in over again. >_<

Edited by ZM456

Chapter 3: Late Arrival

Turns taken: 26

Here we go. Had to play carefully this time around, since a lot of enemies were coming my way. Ward and Lot hit their C support, which came in handy in certain situations. Merlinus recruited Lugh for no reason, and Marcus got the mend staff for Ellen. Before seizing, Chad got some gold and the halberd, which will come in handy.

As for the level ups this chapter...

fireemblemsealedsword07o.png

Some were pretty crappy.

fireemblemsealedsword11.png

fireemblemsealedsword12v.png

And others were decent. But...one man's level ups won him my respect:

fireemblemsealedsword10j.png

*chants* WARD. WARD. WARD. WARD. WAR-

fireemblemsealedsword15.png

Awwwww...Ward... :(:

And others were decent. But...one man's level ups won him my respect:

fireemblemsealedsword10j.png

*chants* WARD. WARD. WARD. WARD. WAR-

Awwwww...Ward... :(:

A combo breaker. Ouch.

Chapter 4: Collapse of the Alliance

Turns taken: 23

fireemblemsealedsword16g.png

Well, this was the first instance of something I didn't expect in HM. You'll see what it is in a few images.

fireemblemsealedsword18.png

Lot. You redeemed yourself.

Basically Ward smashed everything that gets in his path with the halberd (lol 60% hit), Marcus handles the pirates at the bottom trying to smash the bottom village with the angelic robe, and Roy, Wolt, and Lot help out Ward. Later:

fireemblemsealedsword24.png

My least favorite troubadour arrives! Maybe this is why FE6 is my least favorite FE.

fireemblemsealedsword26.png

Clarine's role is to make sure Rutger doesn't murder anyone, which he didn't, thankfully.

fireemblemsealedsword25a.png

Glad things are looking up for you.

fireemblemsealedsword28.png

Isn't your SPD growth 20%? Why are you being so awesome? DON'T STOP.

fireemblemsealedsword31.png

Why is everyone huddled up in the corner, you ask?

fireemblemsealedsword32.png

The first instance of something unexpected in HM, that's why. It caught me by surprise, and made me have to reset since I didn't want anyone to die. :/

fireemblemsealedsword34t.png

Need some SPD, buddy. I want you to 1RKO.

fireemblemsealedsword35.png

Roy needs to teach Wolt some lessons.

fireemblemsealedsword36.png

Good, good.

Ward halberds Erik in the face, annnnd:

fireemblemsealedsword37.png

Ward. Your bosskilling days are over.

Roy seizes.

Edited by ZM456

Very cool playthrough idea. Personally I wouldn't have used Marcus, Roy and warriors at all, but it's still a cool idea.

Thanks for your and everyone else's thoughts, but:

Well, then Ch1-5 would've been a Wolt solo.

That would be HELL to go through. :XD:

I would have done a Wolt solo with some meat shields.

Interesting, but if Wolt's level ups blow, the run is done. Plus, good luck killing the bosses with just Wolt.

Chapter 5: Fire Emblem

Turns taken: 30

This chapter was...an interesting one. The bandit reinforcements that spawned later in the chapter didn't just come from the two forts to the far right, but they also came from the ones near your starting position. I had to have Alan and Lance plug those forts in.

I forgot to screenshot the following events (I apologize):

Roy and Marcus hitting their C support,

Ward hitting level 10, gaining a point in HP, STR, SKILL, and SPD. SPD blessed Ward? I think so. NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Later in the chapter...

I planned this out quite poorly. Thankfully the bandits have crappy hitrates when a unit is on a forest tile, but the mercs could hit HARD. I had to get rid of them ASAP.

STR and SPD from you? Cool.

I love you guys... :cry:

fireemblemsealedsword08v.png

They could both use the help.

fireemblemsealedsword10w.png

This bandit must be realizing how much of a dumbass he is. He's being doubled by WOLT.

At least swords are accurate? I'm liking the STR and SPD Roy's gaining, so I don't mind if SKILL is being missed out on.

fireemblemsealedsword12.png

Awesome Wolt. Keep up the good work.

And after Marcus chips away at the boss for a few turns:

fireemblemsealedsword13e.png

Roy and Marcus supports actually make Wolt reliable on hitting things. I decided to give Wolt the kill, because he grows slower than the others.

fireemblemsealedsword14z.png

I just realized Wolt still has 0 RES. Heh. :sweatdrop:

Roy seizes.

Another chapter, you ask? Why not?

Chapter 6: Traps

Turns taken: 34

fireemblemsealedsword10.png

VERY easy chapter. The only reason why a lot of turns were spent here is because the chests have some good stuff in them. And two units (girls, no less *wink wink*), joined Roy's little group this chapter.

Dorothy has some pretty good growths, but she, like all archers, has shittastic bases. Hopefully she gains some good levels.

fireemblemsealedsword12h.png

Roy gets the angelic robe.

fireemblemsealedsword13.png

Ward and Lot slaughtering soldiers, knights, mages, and archers, dear Sue.

SKILL is good. You're insanely SPD blessed, so I don't mind if you slack in that for a few levels. I want to see other stats filled, though.

fireemblemsealedsword15m.png

-_-

fireemblemsealedsword16r.png

Good job, Lot!

fireemblemsealedsword18.png

It was Ward and Lot, I tell ya!

fireemblemsealedsword19.png

Sue doesn't have impressive bases nor growths, so I hope she turns out better than Dorothy well. She reminds me of Boron, so I'm gonna refer to her as Boron from now on. :P:

fireemblemsealedsword20y.png

fireemblemsealedsword21.png

Fellas, I know this chapter is easy as hell, but it doesn't mean you can slack off. Next chapter is pretty difficult, and I want to see some good stats.

fireemblemsealedsword22.png

Wolt is turning out rather nicely.

fireemblemsealedsword23.png

WHOA. BORON. KEEP IT UP.

fireemblemsealedsword25.png

A lucky shot at the boss gets her a good level up. Boron's gonna do well!

fireemblemsealedsword26.png

He loves the speed he's gaining. He's gonna be doubling a lot of enemies for a while, which makes me happy.

Roy seizes.

Edited by ZM456

Lol. You name Sue Boron? :XD:

(I guess it fits, since my Folgore Rangers picture is just Sue's head on the Yellow Ranger's body.)

Another chapter, you ask? Why not?

Chapter 6: Traps

Turns taken: 34

fireemblemsealedsword12h.png

Roy gets the angelic robe.

Whatever the hell Cnt means, I will never know. Looks like you aren't getting RNG screwed TOO badly. But if you had to Cnt use that angelic robe on Roy so early, then I somewhat think you are getting a bad Roy.