Folgore Rangers return!!

Shin

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fukken morale bonuses. I swear, the good guys always have a monopoly on those.

Also. Paper stars: I have doors. I can do pretty much whatever I want so long as I have DOOR in front of me. Therefore, two words:

Bull rush.

And it's not like this is just the dramatic buildup so that you defeating me is more emotionally satisfying. No way.

I'm actually quite surprised this thing survived an entire year, lol. So, what exactly are the Folgore Rangers and why do we even exist anyway?

Well, exactly one year ago, there was an incident in IP Chat where we (referring to Darros, Sharpy, Imp, Banzai, and myself) and others in the chat room at the time were led to believe that a user may have committed suicide. This person was someone whom Darros and Sharpy had been talking to a lot that time (and I believe Shin had been as well, which is how he got involved). The newest person at the time was in IP Chat, trying to convince people there that this user had killed herself, and the rest of us put our heads together and tried to make sense of things. In the end, we got Tangerine and Balcerzak involved in the situation to clear up everything.

The Folgore Rangers exist because that incident in the chat room brought us together and helped us get to know one another. It was a somewhat intense day for us because someone had either killed herself or was playing a horrible joke on everyone. But in the end, we were closer because of it.

Starting the original Folgore Rangers thread had helped us befriend people who had nothing to do with the incident as well. It became a way to get to know people and make friends, which is probably why it still lives (although it's not as alive as it used to be). All I know is that one terrible situation led to people who would have otherwise had nothing to do with each other becoming close friends and getting to know one another. Which is why today is an appropriate time to get our new Folgore Rangers and villains into the spotlight XD

Story being worked on now.

Fukken morale bonuses. I swear, the good guys always have a monopoly on those.

Also. Paper stars: I have doors. I can do pretty much whatever I want so long as I have DOOR in front of me. Therefore, two words:

Bull rush.

And it's not like this is just the dramatic buildup so that you defeating me is more emotionally satisfying. No way.

I knock down doors for fun, buddy!

Boron is public relations, Darros and Banzai are security, Shin is leader, Imp is mascot, and I'm the comedy relief ala Jar-Jar Binks.

Or at least that's how I think the original core group went.

I'm busy but I was told to post here anyways >l

Hello doofydoofs happy anniversary.

I shall bring chocolate flavored NUMBERS because it's close to easter here and I'm full of chocolate and gifts.

I remember when I first joined SF.. My intro thread got a whole Folgore intro so it's only natural I ended up being one eventually.

Happy Anniversary FR's

And now, introducing ... THE FOLGORE RANGERS II!

The day started off as any other in the city of Serenes Forest. The denizens were going about their business, as they usually did. There was not a sign of trouble, an occurrence that had become all too common in the last several months. Without the Forces of Evil (and various third party villains) mucking up the tranquility of Serenes Forest, the Folgore Rangers had mostly gone their separate ways.

Shin was at the Drafting Den, as was typical for him nowadays, he and Jedi locked in a fierce battle. About a month or so ago, the activity there had come to a standstill as the drafters slowly lost interest. To keep the place open, Drafting Den management had installed several arcade machines in the establishment. The influx of new games helped to spruce the denizens' interest in drafting again. As for Shin, he merely came for the arcade -- challenging anyone who was present to a new fight every day.

"No! Curse you, Jedi!" Shin shouted. "I almost had this match!"

"Sorry." Jedi gave an apologetic shrug. "But that was a close round. You almost beat me."

"Okay, I'm calling a rematch! Come on, let's go!" Shin reached into his pocket for some change, when suddenly a loud beeping sound filled the air. "Hey! Where's that coming from?" he demanded.

"Uh, Shin? I think it's your watch," Jedi said, pointing at it.

"My what?" Shin looked down at his wrist and noticed for the first time in months his Folgore communicator. He stared at it befuddled for a few seconds before he realized that Eliedon was trying to contact him. Quickly excusing himself, Shin went to the vacant back room before answering. "I'm here! What is it, Eliedon?" he asked.

"A minute, Folgore Red," the great monocled one replied. "I have yet to receive a response from everyone."

"Oy, it's Shin," came Harpoon's voice from over the communicator.

"Hey! We haven't talked in a long time," Boron said. "What's up?"

"Hello," ZM chimed in. "Sorry about that. Took me a little while to find my communicator."

"So, who are we still missing?" Richter asked.

"Banzai and Imp haven't picked up," 13th answered. "At least, I don't remember them doing so."

"Wait, I'm here!" Imp said. "I just got on! What's this about?"

"Now we're just missing Banzai, English major that he is!" Shin said. "He had better pick up soon! This sounds urgent!"

"I was the first person to answer Eliedon," Darros spoke up. "You guys took too long."

Luckily for everyone, Banzai came on less than a minute later -- fashionably late as always. Eliedon sighed. Only months earlier, the Folgores had been alert and ready for actions at a minute's notice. It had taken over two for the entire team to assemble. This did not bode well.

"Eliedon, we're all here now. What's the situation?" ZM asked.

"Folgore Rangers, I bring ill news," he told them. "The Forces of Evil are back to their old ways. They are at the Fourth Forum Square Park, causing mayhem as we speak."

"No! Horita is back?!" Shin exclaimed.

"Not Zeddmare!" Darros moaned. "That guy's a menace!"

"Why are they here now?" Boron complained. "They were doing such a great job leaving us alone!"

"Should have known better than to think that they'd just give up ..." Richter sighed.

"How typical." Banzai shook his head. "I am not at all astounded to hear of these events."

"Come on, guys! You know what this means!" Shin said. "Everyone meet up at the park! Got it?"

"Got it!" came the chorus of voices.

"All right! It's cursin' time!"

Bah, I wanted to have the entirety of the intro story up today, but I've been too busy and demotivated to write IRL. Let's hope I get the next part up sooner.

Edited by Sangyul

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, we are still alive. And yes, the formatting doesn't seem to be broken in this thread.

FOLGORE POWERS ACTIVATE

FOLGORE POWERS ACTIVATE

RED II POWERS OF LIGHT AND RIGHTOUSNESS

I had some story ideas but I'm not sure about them yet

If you have story ideas, then you should write!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So fellow Folgores. I'm going to attempt [while season 2's writing is in development] To make a banner for Serenes! ^_^ hopefully making a mark on a site I love and would love to defend when the torch is officially passed to me.

Maybe I should write a theme song based on the Zeo theme...

Edited by Jedi

You need to create a banner of Shin vs. Horace. Do it!

Haha. No worries I shall.

Jedi's banner is going to be the best banner.

He already made awesome sigs for a lot of us. 7_7

Not sure about best ^^; but I will certainly try.

• 1 month later...

You thought we were dead? So did we!

[spoiler=Cat Attack!]

Horita shook his fist in rage. As usual, Camdar had failed, thwarted by the Folgore Rangers.

“Camdar! Why can’t you just do the job right!?” he bellowed, crushing a cookie in his hand. The loss of his precious biscuit sent him over the edge.

“M-master,” Camdar whimpered. “I promise that next time-” he began, before being interrupted.

“There won’t be a next time Camdar! I’ve had enough of your failures! This time, I’m sending someone who’ll send the Folgore Rangers home crying!” The Makeshift-Buttlair practically shook when he yelled, with a terrified Camdar cowering in a corner. “While he’s fighting, you’re going to fetch me some more cookies. Can you at least manage that without tripping over your own feet?”

Camdar leapt to his feet. He was less eager to find a way to redeem himself to his master, and just ecstatic about having an excuse to leave.

“Right away, master! I’m sure I can do this with no screw ups!” he yelled. Unfortunately for him, he’d eaten his own words before he was out of the door. Scrambling to his feet, he made sure to leave before he could be yelled at again. Horita smirked, stroking his cat, Doga. He had just the opponent in mind to bring the Folgore Rangers to their knees.

---

Folgore Red II beamed. While his crusade of doing good never seemed to end, helping people always brought a smile to the newly-appointed leader’s face. Of course, he’d have a lot less on his plate if the other rangers actually bothered to help. Or, in Folgore Black II’s case, didn’t actively try and sabotage him. In this instance, the latter had placed an extremely fat cat up a tree, and Jedi took it upon himself to take it down.

After numerous scratches (which were totally worthwhile, in the name of doing good) he returned the creature to its owner – a man with a striking resemblance to Horita. Were it not for the moustache, glasses and oversized nose, the two rangers would have thought it to have been their mortal enemy! But since it obviously wasn’t, Jedi returned the animal to the man, and turned to leave, with his fellow Folgore.

“SB, could you stop doing that? It’s getting pretty hard to uphold justice around here with you constantly causing problems.” The team leader figured that he needed a good talking to; else he would just continue doing it. Then again, he’d probably do that anyway, but it couldn’t hurt to try.

“No way!” the self-proclaimed jerk replied. “It’s been waaaaay too quiet around here recently. I’m bored, okay?”

“But still, that’s no reason to-” Jedi began, before he noticed the man from earlier, holding his cat, standing close behind them. “Can we help sir?” he asked.

The man grinned, before pulling off his false nose, moustache and glasses, revealing his true identity to the duo. “Horita Repulsa!” they both exclaimed, ready to battle.

“You fool! I can’t believe you didn’t see through my disguise! Time and time again you’ve been a thorn in my side, but for no longer! Today you’ll face my most loyal of minions!” Horita gestured to his cat, purring at his feet.

“W-we’re fighting your cat?” SB could barely contain his laughter. “I know that Camdar’s incompetent, but do you really think you’ll be able to stop us with A CAT?”

Horita smirked. “Doga, destroy them! I wonder if Camdar’s back with my cookies…” and as soon as he had arrived, he left, leaving only his absurdly overweight cat and two highly confused rangers.

“Erm, let’s just make this quick. There’s justice to be done!” Jedi proclaimed, before charging into battle with the ferocious beast. “Bad kitty!” he cried, causing a brief flash, temporarily blinding the cat. Unfortunately, Doga was just lying there and as such it didn’t really affect him. It seemed to spur him into action however, as he leapt at Jedi. For such an obese cat, he could jump surprisingly high, latching onto the Red Folgore’s face, adding to the scratch wounds he had inflicted earlier.

Jedi cried out “SB! Do something!”

Taking heed of his comrade’s plight (for once,) SB called out “Let’s see how you like these bad fanfics!” Suddenly, thousands of bad fanfics forced their way into the cat’s mind, and for a moment, a confused expression appeared on the creature’s face. Then, he just resumed the slashing as if nothing had happened, much to Jedi’s dismay.

“Why isn’t it working!?” SB cried out, confused by the cat’s lack of reaction. Usually just a few seconds of exposure would cause people to cry out in horror. Why was the cat somehow immune to this?

“You idiot! It’s a cat, it can’t read! Your powers won’t work on it! Now get it off of me!” Jedi tried to shake Doga free, but it was relentless. Jedi’s face was covered with scratches, and the number just seemed to keep increasing. “Call one of the others for help! CR, Xinnidy, anyone!”

SB looked at his wrist communicator, and felt his heart sink. “It’s no good Jedi! I used up all of the charge reading bad fanfiction last night!”

“Are you kidding me? J-just get over here and get this thing off of me!” Jedi howled, flailing in vain as Doga clung to his face.

“No can do man!” SB retorted. “It might attack me instead if I come closer!” Clearly the new Fogore Black II hadn’t quite worked out the value of teamwork yet. Either that, or he didn’t really feel like sharing Jedi’s pain. Knowing him, it was probably the latter.

The Red Folgore tried to focus. He managed to finally let out a brief flash, noticing his face lighten as the cat dropped to the floor. Doga purred, as if ready to attack again, but this time both Jedi and SB were ready to bat the creature away if it pounced upon them.

Time passed slowly for the rangers, every second of this uneasy reprieve feeling like hours. Eventually, Doga made a sudden movement, causing the duo to yell out in alarm. Doga’s legs gave way, and he dropped off to sleep.

The rangers exchanged uneasy glances. “Did we do it?” asked Jedi. He hadn’t expected the brawl to end… so abruptly.

“I think we did.” SB grinned. “He was a tough opponent, but he was no match for my bad fanfiction powers!”

“Are you kidding me? Your powers didn’t do anything; you just stood there and watched it attack me! Can’t you at LEAST heal me? These scratches hurt!” Jedi complained.

SB considered it, before replying “Nah.”

“Do you want to be the one to tell the others how we almost lost to a cat?” Jedi retorted.

SB froze. While it was in his nature to be a complete and utter jerk whenever possible, if the others asked about Jedi’s scratches, he’d look like an idiot. “Fine…” SB said before beginning to heal Jedi with his res powers that will probably be mentioned twice more at the most in any of the stories, just like with Shin’s healing.

Soon after, a beam of light shone down on the cat and Doga rose up into the sky, presumably back to his master at the Buttlair. “I think we’re done here.” said Jedi.

“Yeah.” replied SB. “Time to go home.”

Bwhahahaha. That was amazing SB. Good work.

The Folgore's have returned. In a sense :P

Edited by Folgore Red II