Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed I am, I have two siblings to be exact.

Haha, I'm envious as i'm an only child, although my cousins are pretty much my siblings anyways.

Lol off topic

Edited by Jedi

Such envious, very family, much off topic.

So, yeah, send the teams. It'll actually be very interesting to see how FE6 turns out without Fir or Rutger available.

AHEM

Don't you remember? http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45931

SOMEBODY HERE SHOULD UPDATE MORE OFTEN

I have no issue on finishing the match JUST SAIYAN

Take your time sir, I have time to wait.

AHEM

Don't you remember? http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45931

SOMEBODY HERE SHOULD UPDATE MORE OFTEN

I have no issue on finishing the match JUST SAIYAN

I would totally be alright with finishing that as well. It would be lovely, actually, hilarious even.

...I'd probably lose so bad if we continued that.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

I would totally be alright with finishing that as well. It would be lovely, actually, hilarious even.

...I'd probably lose so bad if we continued that.

Dem hit rates tho. I don't even remember where I have that team lol.

Edit: actually, I found it

Edited by Quintessence

I completely forgot I hosted that match. I vaguely recall a 1v1v1v1 with Quint that never finished tho?

I completely forgot I hosted that match. I vaguely recall a 1v1v1v1 with Quint that never finished tho?

Oh right, I think it is an FE9 match, but I don't know if it was finished or not. I just remember I got rekt.

So +skl MU has 26 crit. Tharja (an example of a unit with low luck) has 42 luck, 32 with Anathema. If said MU is using any weapon with 6 crit and above, s/he will always have displayed crit on Tharja as long as Anathema (with the mechanics currently in place) is in effect.

Popular weapons that give 6+ crit are as follows:

Balmung - 10 crit - your sword to double folks with

Alm's Blade - 10 crit - sword with the highest Mt

Gungnir - 10 crit - strongest lance

Ephraim's Lance - 10 crit - lance that grants +2 spd, possibly crucial to avoid getting doubled for some classes

Sigurd's Lance - 15 crit - strongest lance that's forgeable and more accurate

Helswath - 10 crit - 1/2 rng axe

Titania's Axe - 10 crit - grants Patience

Hector's Axe - 15 crit - strongest axe

Yewfelle - 10 crit - double

Innes' Bow - 10 crit - strong and absurdly accurate

Book of Naga - 15 crit - defensive tome for non-Sorcs

Forseti - 10 crit - double

Superior Jolt - 15 crit - anti-tome

Obviously, a class like Berserker is less likely to have displayed crit due to low skill without further crit buffs, but a class like a Hero wielding a Hector's Axe will still have some crit on most targets.

So basically a lot of regular weapon will have displayed crit aganst random units. What can you do about it? Run Demoiselle, which will cancel the effects of Anathema on male units only. You can however compound the effects of low% crit by running Solidarity on your Avatar, giving you high enough crit chances to possibly hope for one or two to proc during a single game.

What does a crit do? Triple damage of course. Often enough to secure a kill where a kill shouldn't happen otherwise, so it's sorta like Lethality in this regard, with pretty similar chances to occur but not requiring equipping the skill on every unit involved. We banned Lethality; I think we ought to return Anathema's effect to what it initially was.

"Realism" debates aside, reluctance to have low crit all over the place is by far the strongest argument against the way Anathema works right now.

Oh, and I suppose restoring Anathema to its initial usage also nerfs brave weapons... a little bit. I hear that they dominate a lot even without forgeability.

Question: Can you Forge an Innes Bow to have more hit?

Comment: Most assassins have what? 45-50 skill? That's around a 10-12% chance of instantly killing any unit with any weapon, where as crits would have around a 4% only when using certain weapons against certain targets, and since none of those weapons are Brave Weapons, you're chance of getting one is even lower than lethality. As such, I don't think we need to change Anathema from its 'aura' format that we currently use. Furthering that is that we've been perfectly fine with critical hits being a thing in the other games, in which they have a much higher chance to happen. Skill procs are still better against most targets, but we allow critblicks in them.

yeah, you can have it have like 140 hit if you really want it to.

and you can do stuff to get rid of the crits, and you have to run solidarity (which also gives critical evade if you're into that) to even have a shot at it. You can't do anything to counteract Lethality. You can survive crits with Pavise/Miracle w/e and the like.

Edited by General Horace

Drmosielle gives Avo/CEV, no crit

50 skill assassin with support from Anathema and Solidarity has 45 crit, without counting Weaponry based crit and Wrath.

Most units have luck in the 40s, so units with both crit auras have an astonishing 0-5 crit, maybe 15 with a legendary Weapon. Wilderwind/Ruin/Sol Katti/Miniature Lnce/Killer [wpn] crits are essentially what your crit level would be

In Max Stats anyway

Oh also Innes Bow basically counters the detriment of fighting a Bowbreaker unit

Edited by Elieson

~10 crit with some of the most common weapons in the metagame, some of the best swords and bows included, is a lot, and quite comparable to Lethality. I'd even argue Lethality would be less common in the parents' meta.

they only have crit if the enemy team also doesn't have solidarity and/or demoiselle (for dudes)

You can also just target Robin to get rid of Solidarity and erase the crit early.

and yeah Jedi, but it counts as one of your 5 weapons/items