Periodic Table of Elements ~Game Thread~ Game Over

scorri

On further reflection, another reason I'd support having everyone still claim is that it forces the rest of the scumteam to be locked into their stories. We have an uncc'd cop claim and a dead doc and backup doc, so we're probably not outing any more of those roles.

Also, I agree that one of Prims and BBM is definitely scum, but who knows--maybe we can create another 1 on 1 through claims, or turn Prims/BBM into a 2 on 1, or something.

I'm still in favor of massclaiming because (assuming we lynch correctly between BBM and Prims) we have Refa as claimed cop, kirsche and myself as claimed clears. Pretty sure one of the three of us is dying tonight: Refa if he's telling the truth about cop, and me or kirsche if he's not. I think all that massclaim would do is give everyone more PoE info.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were going to vote me based on what you said in #322- that and my vote against you being weak, but considering you yourself say that my vote is mostly rolespec, that makes your vote on me based on rolespec + my vote on you being rolespec. So uh

In Eury's case there was a whole bunch of shit you could have pointed out. She posted reads on every single player in the game, and all you had to comment on was one sentence from one read? Saying that nothing else in that post affected your read is basically saying that the entire post was a nulltell- which doesn't make sense to me because I wasn't even finding her particularly scummy and even I could see a bunch of stuff that I could have pointed out as being illogical if I was getting a holistic scumread on her which is what your read basically was.

Stopping scum from using one role that's not a kill rarely makes a difference. The benefit of an investigation report if you survive is way greater than just hooking some scum as you die, especially as there's also a chance of you hooking town. I disagree that investigators tend to go for side suspects over the main ones, but at this point who scum will have take the kill is mostly just how many levels of WIFOM you want to go into so w/e.

Kirsche can choose whether or not to claim I guess though personally I don't really see the point if it's not going to help today's lynch. Still don't think that Eclipse/Mei/Shmo should claim though. No danger of them dying over a Cop, two clears, and the winner of a 1v1.

I was going to vote you based on you justification for keeping your vote down on me looking like a votepark at that stage of the day. The rolespec was A Thing but I wouldn't have voted you on that alone.

I mentioned what I thought was scummy about Eury's post. Picking apart logic for the sake of logic is how scum make cases; I'm not going to post something I think is unrelated to scum intent just to make my case look better. Based on experience with her from Snooping, IMO she could have made up her other reads as town or scum. Nothing stood out to me as suspicious, and if there was anything else especially scummy about the post I didn't pick up on it. She was town, anyway.

Can't argue further about my N1 action because it'll just come out as "my thought process was different". I die on N1 a lot and expected it to be the same here. Maybe I just have a bloated ego or something.

Don't think any other claims today are necessary atm.

A claim is only useful if it could prove somebody was scum.

Basically, imagine if town has a Jailkeeper or Bulletproof, etc. If it claims, it loses the ability to prevent a kill. ofc you should never claim town bp in a game with vanillas until you're hit anyway but yknow

I was hooked again yesterday and I don't think prims would say that he had 1 hook if scum were going to perma hook me.

##Vote: BBM

I don't mind claiming, but I don't see the need right now.

Then I guess I was wrong about Prims idling the hook in preparation for the fake report. Maybe it was a spur of the moment thing after the Cop claim gave two clears and narrowed down the lynch field. However, why wouldn't Prims say he only had one hook? It's not like he could claim both full-time Hooker and 1-shot Kill Cop. And he couldn't claim fulltime Kill Cop either, because then he'd be forced to explain why he didn't target Kirsche/Eury/Shmo on N1, and he couldn't have pretended he did either since he said they were all scummy on D2. Plus a full-time Kill Cop would have basically also gotten him into a 1v1 with Refa.

Hooker is a protective/investigative role and Kill Cop is investigative, in a game which already has a bunch of protection and investigation. Additionally, the only reason to have a Kill Cop in the first place is because then you get Vigs as Millers who aren't going to claim since they won't expect a Kill Cop and also because their role isn't negative utility like Miller. But if there's no town vig it might as well just be Cop. Prims's role isn't believable, and neither are his use of abilities, because whatever he says I don't believe that he'd choose to hook over investigate on N1 as town in the same situation, when investigation is almost always better if he survives and hook is not amazing even if he doesn't, unless he ends up blocking the kill. And neither are his targets- his reasoning for choosing to target me over Shmo or Kirsche is completely retroactive, which in his own words about Kirsche isn't sufficient.

We have an alignment cop, that is not "loads of investigation". Protection I can understand.

Also prims didn't have to enter a 1v1 with you BBM.

Kill cop basically being alignment cop is a good point though. ##Unvote for now, I'll think things through a bit.

Masons are two clears. That falls under investigation.

He didn't have to enter a 1v1 with me, but it's probably 5/3 and a mislynch could win the game for scum. Better than letting the game drag on with a Cop and two clears already alive.

Also I might be busy tonight so I might not post until like tomorrow.

Tbf Prims' D2 was pretty bad for reasons already mentioned in the thread. (My non-existant Poly disconnect, him refusing to pick apart my posts yet parking on me etc)

Read eclipse's stuff:

Sheeping is fine.

You would be if that isn't your meta. Meta is the crux of my argument.

kirsche: Because kicking someone who's angry is totally logical ;/

I play aggressive when I'm confident in scum. Also yes, it is logical because angry scum is more likely to make a slip than composed scum.

Not to mention that I did more than my condescending comment against BBM which mei could've been talking about.

kirsche was actually the most likely to take the kill that night because anybody else getting caught would've been a lot more devastating

I don't understand what you mean by this, can you explain?

Also 5/3 is possible, Scorri will you tell us if it's mylo/lylo?

@BBM: There's also no reason for me to claim 1-shot kill check over 1-shot cop as scum, mind you. You don't know the full set-up, so don't go around saying having a kill check "doesn't make sense".

A hooker/roleblocker targets a player and prevents them from using any active abilities that night (an example of an active ability would be a cop scanning somebody, or a mafia member killing).

(also, since there's guaranteed scum between 2 people, it's not worth continuing the massclaim until this issue is settled)

Yeah, going to have to agree with Prims. I don't see how flavorhunting will make it easier to determine which of Prims/BBM are lying.