Periodic Table of Elements ~Game Thread~ Game Over

scorri

Serial Killers usually scan as Guilty to cops, yeah. They have to kill everybody so they're essentially a threat to the town. Generally people only use scum to refer to the Mafia though.

Town needs SKs dead to win the game. However, sometimes it's better to lynch mafia, when lynching the SK would result in the mafia winning (eg: 3 townies, 3 mafia, 1 SK). At least the SK and Mafia might crossfire with eachother.

Basically SKs are jerks and nobody likes them.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait that was hammer wasn't it. fuck

I totally forgot you had already had a vote on BBM. I thought my vote would leave it at 3 and then BBM would say something etc. Sorry >.<

Elie Can't Properly Flip Ever Votals

BBM (4): Prims, kirsche, schmobum, meibum (L-0)
Prims (1): BBM

Voteless: Grassbridger, eclipse,

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to achieve a phase ending Hammer. Phase ends in now.

Someone shouted something about Oxygen and Magnesium being together with BBM.

OMg

Well, things actually blew up in BBMs face, when you all decided that he was scum. Oxidents happen, right?

BBM has died. He was..

Dear BBM,

You are Argon, Town Vanilla.

You’re atomic number 18, your symbol is Ar, and you’re the favorite gas of pirates. You’re also the third most common gas in Earth’s atmosphere and mostly exist from the decay of potassium in the Earth’s crust. Your name is derived from some Greek word meaning lazy, but I hope you won’t take that as an excuse to be lazy in this game.

Because you’re a noble gas, you don’t really react with anything. You’re just chill and prefer floating around by yourself. As such, you don’t have any special powers and instead must figure out things with just your voice and your vote.

You are allied with the Natural Elements and win when all threats are eliminated.

Night has begun, and ends in 24 hours (+50 minutes, because I don't want to round down).

Also, for the record, *YLO or potential *YLO will *not* be announced

we shouldn't announce it, I don't want to see the reaction.

Took a nap, woke up to dead Refa and also hammer. This is why I have insomnia guys

SK = serial killer = a kiling role that isn't aligned with the town or the mafia, and wins by being the last person alive.

I'm plain old insomniac. Prims, if I was SK, I would have either waited longer to shoot Refa/shot somebody else (because I'd want my town clear to stand up longer) or, if I thought he was cop, shot him immediately D3 before he could potentially get a guilty on me. (As I said, his late D2 made it pretty clear he'd be scanning me if that was his role.) I don't think I would have randomly shot in the middle of the day. Also I was asleep so there's that.

Actually Prims as SK could explain a lot, he's been most focused on the idea and most sure we have a SK (which wasn't clear at all until Refa's death). I think he's been posting in thread around the time of both kills, and he was the one who originally brought up the idea of online times--could have been some sort of preemptive WIFOM.

Lynch priority for tomorrow:

Prims >>>>> everyone

He put himself in a one-on-one with a (now) confirmed townie. He's either SK or he's just trying to make everyone forget that he's confirmed scum.

Ok so it seems like there are two possibilities for setup, 10/3 and 10/2/1. Multiple daykills suggests SK (10/2/1) but multiple mechanisms of daykill (anonymous instant; anonymous governor) suggest maybe not (maybe those are just distributed among town and scum). I don't think 9/3/1 is a possibility? Seems too antitown?

If it's 10/3, then scum is Refa/Prims/{anyone} with no clears. Regarding Refa's "scans," FMPOV obviously I'm clear and I just don't think scum!Refa would clear scum!kirsche like that, so I'm reading kirsche as not-Refa's-buddy, and if it's 10/3 that means town. That leaves shmo, mei, and eclipse. I think mei is town, and BBM made a good observation about Prims' scumteam picks: when he's scum, there tends to be one real scum in them, so that might be a point in shmo's favor. On the other hand, he's been really quiet, which is a strategy that noobscum might use. On the other other hand, he would have Prims to coach him, so he'd probably be fed some reads. So, lynch priority ATM if it's 10/3:

Prims >>> eclipse >~ shmo > kirsche >> mei

If it's 10/2/1, then scum is Refa/Prims with a SK and no clears on that part. If that's the case, Refa's clears mean nothing at all since w're not looking for another scum, we're looking for an ITP. I don't really know how to ITPhunt, but it seems to me that shmo has been very reclusive and not sharing opinions. If a brand-new player was assigned to the SK role, then trying not to say anything for fear of slipping up might be a valid option. Meanwhile, SKirsche could explain some of his scummy tone things (antagonizing town!BBM, quickhammering maybe, argument switch thereon). Kirsche was my top scumread heading into this last day and he'd be my top SK read too I think. Lynch priority ATM if it's 10/2/1:

Prims >>> kirsche >~ shmo >~ eclipse >> mei

Ugh I don't like how those are reversed in the middle. Anyway I think it's more likely to be 10/2/1, day SK is kind of unusual but otherwise we'd have to have 3 daykills among 6 remaining players (since nobody has flipped a daykill role).

I'm definitely in favor of a massclaim today--with 1 or 0 scum left after today, I think it's time for PoE to kick in without giving scum too much additional information. Thoughts?

Also, I'm assuming that the reason Eclipse wasn't modkilled after posting after phase end (and editing her post) is that she posted some content without having finished the thread or realized it was after hammer, and took it down (with scorri's permission) within 5 minutes once it was realized. So I'm assuming that she has a post ready-ish and I'd like to hear what it is. As much as Prims is scummy scum who deserves to be lynched, don't quickhammer him without cutting off discussion too soon.

Bracing yourself for the inevitable dead body with a bad chemistry pun, you all quietly walk around. But wait, what's this? No dead body, no bad chemistry pun? Well, you see, I would tell you a pun, but all the good ones argon.

Well, ok, there's no dead body at least.

It is now D4. With 6 people alive, it takes 4 to hammer. D4 will end at 6 PM EST on 11/12/2013

Edited by scorri

eclipse is mad, and that's because the town hasn't learned that quickhammers are a thing. However, it gave me the time I needed to catch up. I'm back. Let's go.

---

Well from what I'm gathering it seems like the scummier ones are the ones who start them up. Myself, I prefer to read and analyze instead of immerse myself in the arguments.

Says the guy who did the awful reaction test.

This is too long to quote. I don't agree with the attitude of "I can't be bothered to read this." What I can agree is that BBM is relying heavily on meta. The other thing I don't agree on is scum forgetting their primary reads, because different scum act differently (you didn't forget your read on me in One-Shot, for example).

Host meta. DO NOT WANT.

Do NOT talk about active games. That claim was also completely and utterly unnecessary; you would've been able to prove your role once night fell.

THOUGHTS:

- After this day, Grassbridger's vote on Poly + sudden, irrelevant claim is the worst

- Do not like Shmobum's limited content, mostly because his content so far can be summed up as "bad reaction test"

- BBM needs to lay off of meta

- My issues with kirsche transcend role PMs; thus, I'll get to them later

- Poly don't ever pull that shit again

Thus ends D1.

---

This is more indecisive than a pastry buff in Liliha Bakery.

---

Ohey, a vote! I can't outline Boron's thought process, so you're getting my interpretation instead. There's no guarantee that discussion will die out when a self-vote happens. There IS a guarantee that it will once a hammer occurs. Town has the day phase to work things out, and you cut that short.

What the- :facepalm: That claim was completely unnecessary.

You just. . .tried to defend a waffle. . .WTF. That flowery language thing can be thrown right back at you. You don't need a solid read on everyone, but three uncertain reads with nothing else posted during the night doesn't help your case.

Most suspicious thing in this post: The quality jump from D1. The logical take is completely different than the list post I ripped earlier.

As of this point, I'm reading meibum as scum. Strongly.

I object to early hammers based on role. I also don't like the apathy regarding reading scumspects.

After that weird hammer:

- meibum's position hasn't changed

- Grassbridger's N2 posts are a bit better

- kirsche is probably an active role (and I still haven't forgiven him for the hammer)

- Prims is weirdly inactive

---

Hi, vote on me before I posted! As there's no indication as to what Refa thought of the sub, that's all you're getting from me.

Regardless of which side wins, this guy should auto-win

Amount of Refapushing: NONE.

Your activity was approximately balls during D2

Eclipse: I've already responded to the points you made against me, so please tell me if you still feel that way after reading the whole thread. My votes weren't nearly as bad as you're making them out.

You got a bit better during N2. Your entire N1 was bad, as was your justification for it. I'll elaborate more on you at the bottom of this post.

also not really game-related but this policy is beyond stupid because reactions are the best way to read people when done right. well, peace

If it's bad enough where I feel like mentioning it with the words "policy lynch", then it was NOT done right.

It's 6/3 BBM.

The hell? Where'd these numbers come from?

I play aggressive when I'm confident in scum. Also yes, it is logical because angry scum is more likely to make a slip than composed scum.

Not to mention that I did more than my condescending comment against BBM which mei could've been talking about.

Normally, this would go into spoilers. . .but I think this is too important to hide.

I wanted to look for a quote from this, but I realized it wasn't public, so have the digest version instead. Any player with a backbone and a passable amount of brains shouldn't have to stoop towards hurting people IRL to push their case. That's what I'd expect from someone who was too stupid to find any other angle to push. You're better than that, kirsche. It's unbecoming for someone like you to do that.

also apparently we're not allowed to discuss flavor beyond element names SO.

if i had noticed that initially i wouldn't have joined the game on policy but oh well

Speaking of policies. . .

You have NO OTHER reads since the last day phase? ;/ Your posts sound totally different, which is why I'm suspicious of you. I'm also not liking the blanket justification of "my D1 post was bad", without any other response to my dissection. It may be bad, but your logic would be a lot more helpful.

I know he's dead scum, but NO KIDDING. Do you think the people responsible for the day shenanigans would go "Hi, I'm scum!" in the game thread?

Check the time on this post. I'm at work. Also, time to rip apart the second set of reads.

Daykiller - So, how'd that BBM theory work?

Cop "clears" - Meaningless, since it's now a gigantic WIFOM (and Grassbridger proved the insomniac portion of his role; I'll detail more about him later, because a weird thought popped into my head)

Grassbridger - Being noncommittal is a scumtell, and a big one.

kirsche - The argument about his intentions will go nowhere at this point, and thanks to Refa's flip, I'm inclined to think that he's not mafia (whether or not he's behind the daykills is another matter)

Eurykins - You're basing your vote on a read from a dead person? NO.

Gut says the Daykiller is Grass and he was given insomniac as a cover-up. This is rolespec, but nobody's play has struck me as particularly SK-y.

Alternately, BBM could just be a serial killer. That makes a lot of sense.

I'll get into this at the end of the D3 stuff, but I agree on the Grassbridger thing.

##Vote: BBM

for now

I think the daykiller is an independent party, but I don't know who yet, maybe eclipse? But I do think BBM is scum because Refa tried pretty hard to make it seem like he was against him, but I don't think BBM is the Godfather because he seems to take too many risks.

I have no idea what you're trying to express.

@Kirsche that's very true. And he was really trying to put Prims up for lynching today so I guess that settles that

##Vote: BBM

I do NOT agree with this logic. I also don't agree with the lack of votals, either (that's a host issue).

End of D3:

- Gut check on Grassbridger (explained below)

- I want Prims lynched D4, and I give no shits if that was a reaction test

- I don't like how passive Meibum is being (namely, asking for opinions). This, combined with the quality jump on D2, makes me think that she is newbscum

- Less unnecessary claims, kthx

About Grassbridger: On N1, he mentioned three people, one of which died (Manix). On N2, he mentioned Refa extensively; guess who dropped dead in the middle of the day? Both of them died after their seventh post (unless I miscounted). It's possible that it's a coincidence, but my gut tells me that it's probably a bad idea to discount it outright.

My vote is going to Prims, but I want people to respond to me first. I refuse to take part in an early hammer. Will also lynch scorri for bad puns

Just when she'd finally gotten into the swing of things, eclipse was handed a piece of paper. Standing up, she yelled something about being needed on other parts of the forum and ran out, leaving two slips of paper. The first said:

"Helium walks into a bar,
The bar tender says "We don't serve noble gasses in here."
Helium doesn't react."

while the second read:

Dear Boron Eclipse,

You are Helium, Town Vanilla.

You’re atomic number 2, your symbol is He, and will almost never be found in any state but a gaseous state. You are the second most abundant element in the universe (stupid hydrogen). You’re named after the Greek god of the Sun, Helios, but oddly enough are used a lot in cryogenics, so even though you were named after a hot head, you’ve cooled a lot of them instead.

Because you’re a noble gas, you don’t really react with anything. You’re just chill and prefer floating around by yourself. As such, you don’t have any special powers and instead must figure out things with just your voice and your vote.

You are allied with the Natural Elements and win when all threats are eliminated.

Day continues. With 5 people alive, you need 3 to hammer.

Edited by scorri

I'm carbon, question asker.

First of all a big fuck you to Refa for perma-hooking me after I got my favourite role.

Second of all, I used my question as a sensor, obviously, and I've found out that one of shmo/mei are definitely scum. Everyone seems to be looking at shmo but remember how mei voted Eury way back D2 and her vote was used in a

Not voting we need to discuss stuff.

Ok time to finish that sentence, stopped writing the post and had my head in my hands from seeing the "phase pause" post.

Basically, Mei could be mayor and could've been in cahoots with Refa on getting an early lynch on the doc. Just worth considering/discussing.

Grassbridger is the SK; we tried to shoot him last night but he survived.

I was going to try and suggest a NL so we could shoot him again (which would be mutually beneficial for town and mafia) but naturally he shot eclipse before I could do so.

Sigh.