Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

the link looks like it'd work for me, but I have like no reliable availability during the week, so it'd be a poor idea for me to join

too bad, since it looks like fun

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pretty busy round robin, so I'm only starting the tournament early for people who are able to play earlier, if they want to. Games won't "officially" begin until the weekend comes. But it's up to you.

I don't have any use for a Challonge account, so I won't be joining either. I'm kind of tired of tourneys requiring them. It's not fair to those who don't have one and don't need one. >_>

I don't have any use for a Challonge account, so I won't be joining either. I'm kind of tired of tourneys requiring them. It's not fair to those who don't have one and don't need one. >_>

Your use for a Challonge account is to join tourneys like these. That's a contradictory statement. It's like saying you have no use for a golf club and then complaining that golf requires a golf club when you want to play golf.

We don't want to flood this thread with 40+ different posts of people drafting their characters. Challonge has its own discussion section where everything can be kept in one easily accessible place; not to mention the site helps with keeping track of the tournament details like scores, etc. as it goes on. It is very useful for tournament hosting, and saves tournament hosts a hell of a lot of time.

Not sure exactly why you're against using Challonge, but that's fine. It's your loss more than anyone's if you're not willing to trust it. I for one have had no problems with it.

It makes our job as a Tourney host about a million % easier. Ana I could manually add you to any tourney that I'm in, but it puts sole responsibility on me to get anything done that has your name on it, versus allowing you to handle things yourself. Thus, people can progress through the bracket and see stuff say, while I'm sleeping. If you don't want to make an account that's fine, but do realize that there's a logical reason as to why we're using a Tournament Bracket site to set up and maintain our Tournament brackets, as opposed to just hand-writing everything in.

Also not that I mind having full responsibility for handling everything (as I operate pretty much all of the spreadsheets and have a weird interest in doing so), but it still allows things to get updated during the host's brief times of unavailability.

Edited by Sara.

Get used to it because it's becoming the De Facto way of making tournaments here. Personally, I won't join a tournament that doesn't use it.

Also Ana, you said you wanted to make the Wii U Tourney you're hosting a Double Elimination one. Let me tell you that without Challonge, keeping track of all that by yourself is going to be painful.

I'd like to see if Ana can easily keep track of her tourney through other means. If her methods turn out to be easier to maintain over Challonge, then I'll have no problem adopting her organizational practice.

I really want to do the draft tournament but i will be gone this weekend (presumably when the draft will take place). Is it ok if I gave Raven or someone a list of preferred characters in order and base my draft on that? if not i will leave the tourney :(

If it makes you feel any better, Ana, I'll gladly make a Challonge account for you. I don't think I'll be able to register you for a tournament right away, though.

I really want to do the draft tournament but i will be gone this weekend (presumably when the draft will take place). Is it ok if I gave Raven or someone a list of preferred characters in order and base my draft on that? if not i will leave the tourney :(

It's not this weekend; it takes place officially from the 28th November, but we will start early. We will be drafting soon as we get 16 players, however.

It's not this weekend; it takes place officially from the 28th November, but we will start early. We will be drafting soon as we get 16 players, however.

I meant for the draft, i assume it will fill up this weekend (if not today) but i'll be gone till sunday night. Can I give you a list of preferred choices for it?

Your use for a Challonge account is to join tourneys like these. That's a contradictory statement. It's like saying you have no use for a golf club and then complaining that golf requires a golf club when you want to play golf.

Actually, since not every tourney here has required a Challonge account, your statement here is incorrect. Plus, that's not really a good comparison either. You need a club to actually play the sport at all, whereas you don't need Challonge to play a match of Super Smash Bros like you would, say, a controller. Therefore, Super Smash Bros. ~ golf and controller ~ golf club.

Also Ana, you said you wanted to make the Wii U Tourney you're hosting a Double Elimination one. Let me tell you that without Challonge, keeping track of all that by yourself is going to be painful.

I'm pretty sure Challonge isn't the only thing in the world that can allow someone to keep track of a tournament bracket.

If it makes you feel any better, Ana, I'll gladly make a Challonge account for you. I don't think I'll be able to register you for a tournament right away, though.

Thank you, but I still would end up hardly using it at all. I just don't like making an account for something that I'll barely use.

Okay let's put an end to the Challonge arguments again.

I have no idea if Rein is putting up signups for Fists of Fury soon since it's scheduled to run this weekend. No one else post signups for their tournaments. Next week I will be drastically changing the original post on legislation for this thread and the tournaments ran within it. I will be addressing the Challonge issues and other hosting concerns. If you have something you feel needs to be addressed, please PM your concerns to me and I will deal with them.

I meant for the draft, i assume it will fill up this weekend (if not today) but i'll be gone till sunday night. Can I give you a list of preferred choices for it?

Oh I see - I misread. And yeah, you can give a list to either myself or someone you trust.

It looks like Challonge won't be grouping the players who join the tournament into 4 groups of 4, as I was hoping it would do. This leaves me no choice but to simply use Challonge as a form of sign-up and to use it for score keeping of games that I intend to take place.

It wants everyone to fight everyone, so that would mean 15 battles for every person! That's insane for a single tournament. So I will be taking the signups, and I will randomise them on a randomiser website for both the draft order and the group in which they will be placed into (A, B, C or D).

I will then use the Google Docs spreadsheet to keep track of the scores as they are reported here. This means that you don't need to use Challonge, Anacybele. But I still want to use it with regards to signups and scorekeeping. So feel free to join if you so wish. I'll place your name into Challonge. If you are not interested, just say so and I'll remove you.