Wheee, Green Poet!

Fuck marry kill: Proto Kirsche Marth

[spoiler=mits why would you do this]

f kirsche

marry proto

kill marth

I'M SORRY

1) ...do I want to know what this is?

2) Let's say you become a big famous doctor and find yourself entrusted with a very important patient (some dude with a lot of influence). You try your best to help the patient, but the patient ends up dying anyway, and this results in the public becoming enraged at your failure, going as far as slandering you. Having completely lost your reputation, how would you react? This is a serious question btw.

From recent seasons/memory: Parasyte (was surprisingly so good I watched the entire season in a single sitting, a first for me),

3) What are your opinions on Kimishima Kana and Murano Satomi?

Free (don't judge pls)

4) Which of the male swimmers in Free! do you find to be the most attractive?

My all-time favorite would probably be Death Note.

5) A shinigami comes to you and gives you a Death Note, stating that you will die if you don't write the names of three people from SF. Assuming you know everyone's real names and faces, which three people would you kill?

6) Do you have a MAL account that I can look up and stalk your anime/manga experiences in order to generate more questions?

(is there a limit to how many questions a person can ask? Because the OP didn't imply any restriction)

Edited by Formina Sage

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Proto

1) nah

2) Well, typically the institution one works for would be the public identity that would come under scrutiny, that lawsuits are filed against, in such a case. As you probably notice, news reports of medical malpractice will almost always give the victim's name, but refrain from giving the name of the people who operated on the victim, due to the difficulties that stem from libel charges and the like.

But hypothetically, if I managed to do something that made me uniquely qualified to be the sole caretaker of said important figure, and then messed up...

I think I would use my influence and wealth to seek professional counsel on how I made the mistake, and some psychological counseling as well. I'd then assume a different identity for a while to assess what I could still do.

3) Kana is kinda dim/obsessive...

[spoiler=Parasyte spoilers follow]

Shuichi expressed to her multiple times that she had to discontinue seeking out the parasites she perceived, but she continued to do this and was consequently killed. It's not as though it wasn't explicitly proved to her how dangerous parasites were. Like, come on, what are you doing, your survival instinct is literally nonexistent.

/endrant

I really like Murano because, despite fulfilling the role of the protagonist's understated love interest, she's notably and believably empathetic towards animals and other people, and never gave me the feeling like "This show could operate just as well without this character."

4) Makoto. He has the most mature charm imo (something about that mellow look with those downwards-slant calming eyes mmph), and his voice is the most appealing fits his character the best.

5) I would first spend as much time as I could going through the forum archives seeing if there's anyone, say, believably claiming to have been diagnosed with terminal cancer, and choose them. Worst-case scenario, I'd pick low-postcount people in the member registry who haven't logged on for a long time.

tbh, I don't think I would be morally generous enough to refuse to write the names, if I really believed that doing so would result in my death.

6) I don't, as I'm not a particularly prolific watcher/reader. I usually just watch whatever mainstream stuff that's hyped enough to get my friends to make me watch one of the episodes.

@Paper

Ehh, I don't usually stick around for a full episode if I don't think something's very good. But, as far as what I have sat through to completion...

Sword Art Online's ALO arc was super unnecessary and uninspired imo. While I did enjoy SAO overall, at the end of it I was like "This show/season would have been significantly better in my eyes if it had ended with the end of the Aincrad arc."

Edited by Green Poet

1) 12 other players you'd want to fill up a 13p NOC playerlist with you?

2) 12 other players you'd want to fill up a 13p OC playerlist with you?

3) wich 2hu wuld u fuk

4) why is proto on your nutz now

first and current impressions of

#1: Kaoz

#2: Reinfleche

#3: Paperblade

#4: eclipse

#5: Blitz

#6: Via

#7: Radiant Dragon

#8: Juliette

#9: SB

#10: Prims

#11: Xinnidy

#12: BBM

Not asking this to be annoying, I'm legit curious how somebody relatively new to the mafia community perceives everybody.

but i can add in the next 11 too

E: actually not really relatively new, but it feels like it because you rarely join games.

Edited by Prims

1) 12 other players you'd want to fill up a 13p NOC playerlist with you?

SB, Refa, Eury, Elie, Marth, Prims, Boron, eclipse, Mancer, #HBC J, Junko, Manix

2) 12 other players you'd want to fill up a 13p OC playerlist with you?

SB, Refa, Paper, Baldrick, Mitsuki, Vhaltz, BBM, Proto, Via, kirsche, Euklyd, Elie

3) wich 2hu wuld u fuk

can I get a list of candidates

4) why is proto on your nutz now

i'm not sure how to answer that tbh

first and current impressions of

#1: Kaoz

#2: Reinfleche

#3: Paperblade

#4: eclipse

#5: Blitz

#6: Via

#7: Radiant Dragon

#8: Juliette

#9: SB

#10: Prims

#11: Xinnidy

#12: BBM

Not asking this to be annoying, I'm legit curious how somebody relatively new to the mafia community perceives everybody.

but i can add in the next 11 too

I'll get back to you on this in a bit, I promise.

1.Why do I like your posting style a lot?
2.Favourite Biochem topic?

3.Favourite moment in Death Note?

4.Have you watched Fate Zero and if you have, why do you like Fate Stay/Night better than Fate Zero?

5.Favourite character in F S/N?

6.Favourite role and alignment? Why?

7.What is your first and current impression of me?

2) Tokyo Ghoul: anime or manga?

3) Favorite character? & why

4) Assuming you've gotten there: thoughts on the ending?

SHIT YES MORE JAPANESE PEOPLE!

Ahem. . .

What's your favorite home-cooked meal? And if possible, can you post the recipe?

More like MORE ASIANS!

The Asian InvasionTM is real.

There's a good number of Chinese/Koreans on SF. . .but I can count the number of Japanese people I remember seeing here, ever, on my hands.

I'm really liking Green Poet's answers so far to everyone's questions. It makes me want to ask more questions!

Note, regarding my question about failing to save my patient (2), I didn't mean a situation where you messed up, but rather, a situation where you did everything you could and the patient still died.

Anyway,

7) Favorite fictional character ever?

8) What video games or video game genres do you like?

9) Do you read visual novels? If not, would you be interested in trying them out to check out how the VN medium is like?

10) When you said you liked the Fate/Stay Night anime, which one were you referring to? The older (and crappy) DEEN adaptations, or the recent ufotable adaptation of UBW? If it's the latter, what are your thoughts on their current ongoing season (if you're following it)?

There's a good number of Chinese/Koreans on SF. . .but I can count the number of Japanese people I remember seeing here, ever, on my hands.

The obvious takeaway here is that generally Japanese people don't enjoy playing Fire Emblem. =)

Edited by Refa

The obvious takeaway here is that generally Japanese people don't enjoy playing Fire Emblem. =)

Pretty sure it's because Japanese people have more suitable Japanese FE resource sites and online forums to be in instead of Serenes Forest.

Pretty sure it's because Japanese people have more suitable Japanese FE resource sites and online forums to be in instead of Serenes Forest.

no it's because we're too good at fire emblem for them they get intimidated

source: my dad is nintendo

[...] which one were you referring to? The older (and crappy) DEEN adaptations, or the recent ufotable adaptation [...]

/nobias

ALSO

5) smash bros do you play it?

5.1) if so which one is your favorite / do you play and why?

6) obligatory "favorite character to play as? character you're best at? why?"

[spoiler=mits why would you do this]

f kirsche

marry proto

kill marth

I'M SORRY

[spoiler=hey hey!]

grouch-marx-eyebrows-o.gif

jk jk ;p

Are you a part of any societies/clubs and if so which ones?

Favourite avatar/signature combination in SFMafia?

Do you like maths? What parts of the maths for your course do you like/hate the most?

Do you like Southpark?

Do you like Lewis Carroll's works?

If you had a choice of going back in time and not doing your degree, what would you do instead?

Edited by Executive kirsche

From recent seasons/memory: Parasyte (was surprisingly so good I watched the entire season in a single sitting, a first for me), Fate/stay night, Kuroko no Basket, Free (don't judge pls), Tokyo Ghoul

My all-time favorite would probably be Death Note.

1) why do I see a trend towards gory anime?

2) did you watch root A as well?

(funfat: I also watched Parasyte in one session, IMO cause the episodes are very much like real to be continued.... episodes)

3) Kana is kinda dim/obsessive...

[spoiler=Parasyte spoilers follow]

Shuichi expressed to her multiple times that she had to discontinue seeking out the parasites she perceived, but she continued to do this and was consequently killed. It's not as though it wasn't explicitly proved to her how dangerous parasites were. Like, come on, what are you doing, your survival instinct is literally nonexistent.

/endrant

those are also my thoughts exactly, won't agree with thoughts on the other one though, lol.

regarding answer 5 in same post

3) shouldn't you rather attempt to increase their lifespans by writing a time of death after their to be death time?

4) First and current impressions of EDIT: ProtoPrims? (ooops Proto just told me Prims is on that list, so replacing Prims with Proto)

5) how much do you hate being asked to join games (by me) for making someone else join?

6) did you play any eimm? (I think I saw you in at least one, but not sure)

6.1) If the answer is yes, what were your thoughts on eimm and what strategy do you prefer in eimms?

7) are you willing to play the next eimm that pops up?

8) thoughts on Proto for asking you to join every game and him refusing to join unless you did

9) OC, NOC or LOC?

Edited by Blitz

@Marth

1) probably because it's awesome and poetic

2) Stoichiometry, because it involves very concrete math and was therefore the easiest for me to learn. There's a lot of factual memorization in biochem coursework, but stoich problems avoid being tedious in this way because determining their solutions involves more than recalling a specific term or the workings of a system.

3) [spoiler=]The first exchange between L and Light over the television broadcast, where L is able to learn Light's location and prove that the latter is human. I was kind of blown away by how smart the move was.

4) I have, and I actually like F/Z more than F/sn. Kiritsugu is a much cooler character than Shirou imo; I thought that Kiritsugu being flat-out morally bankrupt was a far more interesting concept than Shirou being overly morally generous ("hurr durr I gotta sacrifice myself for everyone else and I fight for my friends").

[spoiler=]

I also felt that F/Z captured the strategic elements of a Holy Grail War more than what F/sn did. Most of the masters in F/Z actually tried to discreetly kill one another, and tried to avoid fighting servants whenever possible.

Also, Saber in a suit jacket. Automatically better than F/sn.

5) Uhhh, I guess Saber, by virtue of there not being many other very likable characters :(

6) Godfather. I've always wanted to roll scum be able to get away with making not-so-townie suggestions and coerce people to investigate me to my own advantage.

7) First impression: P3M, where I thought you were really townie and helped by spotting things that other people had overlooked.

Current impression: I realize that you're good at making yourself look townie regardless and that's something to be wary of.

@LG

1) Mm, I think he's pretty funny due to how his English dub clashes so much with his character. Like his voice is so deep but his candy obsession is so childish/cliched :p

2) I think the biggest thing that impacted my play was that I started just being honest (as town, ofc, but then again the only thing I seem to be able to roll is VT). When I started prioritizing speaking my mind accurately rather than trying to look townie, I felt that I could scumhunt in earnest, and others' lies became more apparent. For my first few town games I would play under pretense just trying not to get mislynched, which isn't something that really benefits town.

3) Levi.

4) see above (somewhere...) response to Junko

@Euklyd

2) manga, because the second anime season was pretty bad imo

3) Seido, because in season one he's one of the few characters that isn't good at fighting and you don't really take him seriously, until the scene where he writes his will and it's like o.O

Also in :re where he basically becomes [spoiler=]like Kaneki

and you just feel really bad for him :/

4) I assume you mean the original manga's/anime :re's ending?

I really liked the manga's ending because I legitimately thought that [spoiler=]Kaneki was going to somehow kill Arima, so I didn't see the actual ending coming at all.

I didn't like the anime's ending as much because [spoiler=]Hide wasn't actually involved according to the manga, right...? Doesn't Kaneki just hallucinate that Hide is with him? o.O

Also you can't even tell what happened in the final scene so w/o having read the manga, I would assume most viewers were just like 'wait wat is all this snow doing here'

@BBM

Chemistry is a lot more understandable imo, though that may be due to how much of it involves associating numbers with pretty much everything, which I find easier to work with than the pure fact-based memorization and regurgitation that is 80% of biology coursework.

Biology crops up a lot more in seeming relevant to my everyday life outside of the classroom, admittedly, and so there's that nice "ah, I guess this was worth it" feeling that crops up each time I draw parallels between something I see and a concept in biology courses.

@eclipse

The "New York" sushi roll is probably my favorite. It's not a great entry point for cooks who haven't made rolls before, though, and I would recommend beginning with a California roll for its simplicity and wide appeal to people who may not have had sushi before.

@Proto

7) This was an unexpectedly tough question. I actually don't know.

8) Anything with a good story, so typically RPGs. Persona 4 comes to mind as one of my recent favorites. My friends have been trying to get me to play LoL for forever now but I'm probably not ever going to give in on that one.

9) I don't read VNs very often, no. The only visual novel I've ever played to completion was "don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story," due to a friend bugging me about it until I finally relented.

10) I did mean UBW, yes. I'm enjoying it largely by virtue of ufotable's animation quality, but I'm not thoroughly amazed by it like I was with F/Z.

@Euklyd

5) yus

6) I play Melee because there're a bunch of GameCubes conveniently set up in one of the lounges in my residence hall. I think I like Brawl more though for its music and sharper models, despite having seen or played little of it.

7) I really liked playing Marth because landing tipped dair kills with him was sooooo extremely satisfying. Though I couldn't get this to happen very often and I wasn't all that good at Smash, lol.

@kirsche

1) I'm involved with a few of the literary magazines here on campus. Artistic prose/poetry writing is really interesting to me but it's not something I would actually study so this is kind of the middle ground.

2) Hmm, probably Elie's.

3) I stopped taking dedicated math courses after multivariable calculus, which was admittedly rather hard for me even though I considered myself a pretty bright math student. The level of math used in most of my classes now is much more comparatively simple.

I would say that I like math because it's fundamentally a very precise field where the answers are always definite and quantifiable, whereas in humanities courses you can end up writing a more subjectively-backed argument that's taken issue with because the instructor's opinion differs :(

4) I don't watch it, but I've seen a few funny clips from it, so I suppose yes.

5) Two years ago or so, I wrote a fifteen page analysis on Jabberwocky without having any context as to what it meant; I'm not sure if that answers the question but it probably does somehow.

6) Probably computer science.

still working on prims' impressions post

-Would you share some of your poems? I'm interested in reading environmentally friendly poems. ;p

-How did you interpret Jabberwocky? Context makes an interpretation much more boring imo.

-I understand your pain wrt multivariable calculus =( Do you do any programming in your spare time and if so what project are you most proud of?

[spoiler=F/Z stuff not really a spoiler though]

Why do you interpret Kiritsugu as morally bankrupt and not just pragmatic? It's not like he's happy to do those things. Not criticising your opinion or even refuting it, I like debating morality.

Edited by Executive kirsche