Mystery Mafia 2 - Game Over

Grace

due to the rules we're supposed to use the night as 1/3 of our day which kinda fucked us over after the slow N1 but guess who's working on a game instead of reading mafia right now

Poly hasn't given a reason for any of his opinions since his vote on Elie D1. pls fix this

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, I really thought Randa would flip scum and now I feel kinda bad for tunneling him

I am kinda expecting a 11/3 set up, but that is just me. But I have to ask, why are you rolefishing with your first post and on a night phase no less?

and yeah, Poly really needs to get back into the game and so does Marth

11/3 would make sense. How many do you think are vanilla? Perhaps I'm just used to role madness games and not familiar with Manix's set ups, but if a couple more vanillas flip I might start questioning Elie's claim.

I wouldn't say I'm role fishing, just asking for clarification from BBM. I'm not going to demand he claim if that is the reason for his statement, but I would like a little more to go on.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

GG two inactives flipped town. This is why I don't like gunning for them but I guess this is better than them being around at MYLO?

Kinda feel worse about Blitz after that Randa flip- there was absolutely no reason to suspect Randa like that from his end (The one other point against Randa is that he wanted to discredit Refa's points and not pressure them, which is fine) but then most of his case was spent on the tunnel based on asso reads with no flips which is scummy IMO. Feel like I'm repeating myself here. Stuff like "None of them have flipped but I'm trying to make one of them flip" feels like an incentive to get a mislynch going which is just ???

We are PROBABLY entering D3 with 6/3 as numbers. We've currently got 4 claims and 6 unclaimed people, possibly 5 tomorrow. Of the unclaimed people I think BBM's unlikely to be scum. Nothing has bothered me about him currently and he has had his say on other players too.

@SB: Well I don't really have any response to your vote on me other than "Suit yourself." I 'excused' Randa on the bases of being inactive and generally playing the way he plays regardless of his alignment though. Kinda feel like you haven't made a strong vote in like forever though.

Poly should explain why he maintained his vote on Eli and whether he actually thinks Eli and I are buddies. He says he would've considered that possibility last phase but does he consider that now? What does he think about the rest of the players in general?

scumteam: marf, ffm, elie?

I can sorta see where your FFM suspicions are coming from, but has anything changed with the appearance of RD? You've been gunning for inactive scum!FFM, but RD has posted more than FFM has in the 2 days he was "present". I'm personally not a fan of RD. His first post was incredibly empty and only really talks about the basics of mafia, with an odd self!meta implication on Poly, and some numbers/role spec. I appreciate you've only just subbed in but that's a lot of waffle.

I really need to look over Marth at some point, I don't quite feel that Eli's claim necessarily makes him more town because scum wouldn't do it. I'm unsure why town would claim like that and with so many vanillas, I'm unsure what to think of it. I haven't really taken much issue with Eli, but that came to mind.

The high amount of vanillas that have flipped so far make me think that Prims was probably right and town is a few power roles that aren't supposed to be lynched + a lot of vanillas.

@RD- not going to be lynched because it's my NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION. :): On a serious note, what else would prompt me to make such a statement other than my role? What did you expect? Also, who is mafia? You say a lot of :words: about numbers and stuff but the closest thing to scumhunting I see is "if more vanillas flip I'll be suspicious of Elie". Is Elie suspicious without his claim?

Kinda feel worse about Blitz after that Randa flip- there was absolutely no reason to suspect Randa like that from his end (The one other point against Randa is that he wanted to discredit Refa's points and not pressure them, which is fine) but then most of his case was spent on the tunnel based on asso reads with no flips which is scummy IMO. Feel like I'm repeating myself here. Stuff like "None of them have flipped but I'm trying to make one of them flip" feels like an incentive to get a mislynch going which is just ???

We are PROBABLY entering D3 with 6/3 as numbers. We've currently got 4 claims and 6 unclaimed people, possibly 5 tomorrow. Of the unclaimed people I think BBM's unlikely to be scum. Nothing has bothered me about him currently and he has had his say on other players too.

@SB: Well I don't really have any response to your vote on me other than "Suit yourself." I 'excused' Randa on the bases of being inactive and generally playing the way he plays regardless of his alignment though. Kinda feel like you haven't made a strong vote in like forever though.

wow now, you better start explaining why I would have no reason to suspect Randa, or my opening post on the next day will start with voting you

when did you become the 4th claimed person?

even though this was meant at SB, I have to ask, why would you vite someone if you didn't think he was scum?

Day broke once more, and you found one of you missing completely. There were no signs of a struggle. A messenger hailed the group and relayed a message.

"I bear a message from Travis. He says that it was too dangerous for him to stick around among you any more. He sensed that someone was out to end his life, and had to disappear. He says he'll still be listening to the discussions still, just not taking part." Everyone seemed slightly confused. It felt like the end was getting near though, if they were starting to get to Travis.

Dear BBM,

This place is mine to rule... you will not take it from me. No matter what.

You are Travis, the Dictator.

You have always had a thirst for knowledge all throughout your life. You would spend all your time trying to absorb as much information as possible from as many sources as possible. You have done dubious things in order to collect this information, which has included killing people that did not cooperate with you. You kept all this knowledge to yourself and tried to stamp out all other sources in order to deny knowledge to the common folk. Knowledge is power, after all.

Some time ago, the Runic War happened. You managed to stay on top of everyone and break all remaining resistance, which allowed you to take over the remnants of Celestia. You ruled over them with an iron fist, and still continue to do so. However, you caught wind of dissension in the ranks, so you summoned your people before you to find them. You feel like someone is trying to take your place once more...

Once, during the game, you may reply to your Role PM with Day/Night X - Let everyone bask in my presence! The moment I see this action, I will post in thread that you are confirmed to be aligned with The Society. You are the leader of this society, after all.

You are aligned with The Society. You win when all threats are eliminated.

Turns out they might take it from him, at this rate.

It is now Day Three. You have 48 hours to decide on a lynch. With 9 alive, it takes 3 to lynch at deadline and 5 to hammer.

It is possible for town to lose at the end of this night.

@Prims: Why do I need to fullclaim now?

@Blitz: You had no reason to suspect Eli/Randa buddies and hard tunnel like that is what I meant. Also forgot to exclude myself while analyzing the claimers and non-claimers but yeah.

##Vote: Blitz

dafuq is this game

Tonight is lately awful I can't breath without burning feelings in my nose and throat

Any reason why blitz voted for marth with such a little case? (Or did I just miss your last case)

Also like shouldnt we full claim right now?

The kind that gets targeted by whatever its target is targeted by, but is SG'd from anything that is targeted towards it(the hider).

Poly(because I figured he'd not be NK'd anytime soon) and Blitz (scumread and when have scum ever killed their own

I don't mind massclaiming honestly.

I don't see the point in mass-claiming toDay and not LYLO.

The reason I pushed for Marth to claim is because I re-read and realized how out of place his claim is. If you're an ascetic or PGO, you want to either be clear what happens if people target you, or keep it a secret so scum wastes their shot. The other possibility I considered was that he was an important role gambiting but that still wouldn't make sense since this playerlist had a lot of higher priority kills. Being vague about it just struck me as a way to weasel out of having to commit to a specific fake claim early on.

Except I forgot that Hider is a role that exists. In fact, since it's possible to lose this cycle, he's basically confirmed town unless somebody wants to claim a role that can cause an extra death. Sorry.

##Unvote

Was writing a huge post with my non-Marf reads while waiting for him to claim. Will have it up soon.

I'm suspicious of Elie now because his D2 looks out of place in light of his D1. His bone to pick with me D1 was that I was playing to my scum meta by being dodgy and not holding myself accountable for my claim. Come D2, my fakevig reaction still stands, I still haven't fullclaimed and, in all honesty, my story about misreading my role PM should look weird as hell to somebody suspicious of how I'm handling my claim. Yet he just drops the case anyway. Also, throughout his suspicion of me there's been no attempt to look into how I'm scumhunting, interacting with people, etc., just the way I'm talking about roles. It's not how town!Elie should be scumhunting. It's like he just didn't think he could get away with continuing to push me.

Also, Elie never explained the weird as hell logic for suspecting SB here. In fact, everything he thought before seems to have been dropped entirely.

I'm not fond of RD lecturing us about the lack of activity. I mean, yeah, he has a point, but what is he really doing to get us talking or bring new discussion to the table in the same post? Seems artificial, like he wants to sound pro-town without really doing anything.

I'm willing to lynch Poly since he hasn't really been justifying his thoughts with anything other than his gut which is an easy out, and he's otherwise been unimpressive. If his reads on SB, Via and I from here still hold up then the scumteam literally has to be Marf/Elie/RD from his PoV. Poly, please explain your thought process more clear next time you post reads (hopefully soon).

SB... I read all his posts and just nothing really seems scummy to me. The way he asked me for how my miller claim worked reflects well on him too. Only issue is that he comes off a bit passive and unengaged. If he's maf I'd probably need a flip from one of his buddies before I really consider him.

The Blitz/Via slot has just read like gung-ho town to me all game. Blitz has clear thoughts on people and is trying hard to push them, and I got the impression Via subbed out because they figured BBM was town from his softclaim and got upset they were wrong or would have to argue with him, which wouldn't have happened if they had been scum. If the people who've been pushing this slot want me to vote with them I'm gonna need an explanation for scum!Via, not just scum!Blitz, unless the cases on Blitz get a lot stronger. Blitz's town playstyle is easy to paint as scum anyway.

If anything I feel town's biggest problem is lack of direction atm. Next time Poly and Elie are in the thread I want a listpost from them with their thoughts on every player and why. Just because we have to get SOMETHING out of them. Otherwise they can be lynched.

##Vote: Elie

Elie and RD are my top two preferred lynches as is. Elie for being scum, RD because FFM's slot was awful and RD's sub-in post wasn't enough to make up for it. Poly can go, but isn't my highest priority.

Before I get too inebriated, PoE actually means we're in good shape. I'm pretty sold on SB, Blitz, Marth and me and Shin leaves just Prims, Elie, Poly, and RD. Of these, I feel best about Prims, but I have to be paranoid cause I've been off this game and on Prims in general. But the thing is each of Elie, Poly, and RD are scummy in their own right, so I feel okay about this. In retrospect, Elie's claim would've been really good timing as scum, as at that point momentum was shifting. There's a decent chance if Prims was scum too that he'd bus given the scum situation.

##Vote: Elieson