Thousand Names Mafia Day 4

Randa

is that just Bus Driver with a different name, or do you do something different? Reminder that Bus Driver is effectively a protective role and if we lynch Snike it's another Day 1 Doc Lynch. Hopefully on scum this time though!

I don't normally support list-posting but I'd appreciate it if you listed all your reads categorized as townie, neutral, scum, with explanations as to why.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW the soft defense from Paper in regards to Vhaltz, or perhaps the way he just washes his hands of it, doesn't read like partners. Paper's distanced himself from the whole scenario and perhaps it's a logical stretch but I don't think if my partner were getting so much heat I'd play it off so dismissive. My original read to town-read paper was honestly because of his stance on Vhaltz but weird how that works out.

Bus driver's switching person A with Person B, right? If so, yes, that. I guess it's protective but it needs coordination in order to be useful, because firing at will will fuck up night actions for the town more often than not.

Was the list post thing @ me or @ Boss?

whiteknighting vhaltz. if snike flips scum im goin paper/rose but if he flips town im still on vhaltz

Nah. He's not whiteknighting him. It's much more indirect than that. Paper is looking at the Vhaltz thing and not getting his hands dirty while seemingly dissapproving of the whole situation without coming to conclusions about everyone that is on him. That's the whole dismissive thing I was mentioning in my previous post. Feels like one of those situations where scum doesn't need to be involved because townies are mislynching and all they care about is looking good. You think Vhaltz/Paper are aligned?

Meh, I too feel kind of weird that there's no vocal resistance to the Snike wagon and his #262 makes me relatively certain that they're not third unless they're going for dem big gambits. His buddies would have to be like, within Excellen/Mancer/Paper/Rose? If somebody were bussing it'd have to be Shin because kirsche's vote evened out the wagons and Yolo's tipped the scales.

I would be up for voting Paper maybe? Snike's claim means lynching town!Snike would be freaking horrible and if he's scum he'd be pretty pressed to follow through with townie uses of the busdrive anyways or get lynched for questionable actions. If Paper is town he should have no issue dissolving a wagon on himself so it doesn't feel that risky.

Prims what's your read on Paper?

So right now, my opinions.

fos kirsche

fos snike

fos quote

When reading kirsche's posts, the thought creeps up that kirsche already knows alignments. I also disagree with his argumentation for voting Vhaltz and later sheeping/wagoning snike up to the point where I think he might have an agenda that's not based on lynching scum.

Also strongly disagree with Quote/via/levity's vote on Paperblade. In a sense PB is an easy target because of his limited but IMO comprehensive posting, and she might simply be taking advantage of this to appear town along with her mostly filler posting up till now.

Suspicions on Snike have not gone away, but IDK anything about rolespec so I don't really know what to say about his Driver claim.

Right now I think a Snike is the most likely end to the phase, but considering we still have the better part of the day, right now I'm going for

##Vote: kirsche

RE: Snike:

Potentially redirecting a NK onto scum or a scummy townie makes it worth it. if you survive I would rather you not idle but switch the obvious kill target with somebody scummy

Listpost request was at you. In the mean time, why did you softclaim in the first place?

Main reason I'm comfortable lynching you is that you've been more of a follower than a leader all game, especially with how you handled your Vhaltz case. Even now your posts are mostly responsive. In the post where you softclaimed you just seemed like you had resigned to being lynched, which is super weird coming from a conditionally strong power role in a game confirmed to have vanillas in it.

RE: Vhaltz:

I was leaning town on Paper at the start of the game but it turned to neutral as he never followed up with the Rapier read. The white-knighting on you isn't scummy though it's the kind of shit town!Paper does when he's frustrated with a wagon he thinks is gonna flip town. He was also actually tryna convince the Vhaltz voters otherwise rather than just passively throwing out a town-read on Vhaltz and calling it a day. Could he be scum anyway? Sure but his handling of the Vhaltz wagon isn't scummy to me, just annoying. As of his recent post I'm not sure how much of his weak play is him lacking internet and I think both you and Snike are more suspicious.

No matter what I don't want a last-minute wagon outside of you, Snike and maaaaaybe Paper unless the wagon picks up significant traction (at least 3 vote) before we're down to 12 hours left. Shit never works and is a #1 cause of threadspam.

once Bossanova and Rose get their votes down I'd like to get a hammer before deadline if we could, we have a bunch of content already and I'm so done with this D1

For what it's worth, I'm not feeling the Vhaltz lynch as strongly now. Most of what I had on him was ED1 shit which was reasonable at the time but only continued throughout the day because he dismissed it instead of addressing me.

I think Snike's handling of his claim has been defeatist and scummy.

@YOLO: What convinced you to switch to Snike so easily? You seemed hellbent on Vhaltz, didn't seem to have a different opinion based on his responses and a lot of the Snike voters suspected Vhaltz as well. Via was also likely to go Vhaltz over Paper. Your content on Vhaltz was good but when you're willing to drop it like this I can't help but feel you spent most of the day egging the Vhaltz/Snike fight on.

If it matters, deadline isn't until tomorrow (Wednesday, 1:30 PM PST) as far as I'm aware.

VOTALS:

Snike(5): Shin, Kirsche, Yolo, Prims, Bossa

Vhaltz(1): Snike

kirsche (1): Excellen

Paperblade (1): Quote

Voteless(1): RoseSGS

It takes 7 To lynch at deadline, it takes 9 to hammer.

Would still rather not risk a sudden turbo because I want Paper to post before deadline so I'll just revote tomorrow if nothing else catches my attention.

I also agree with your assessment of Paper except I would've expected him to come up with non-ED1 scumreads at some point? I don't remember town!Paper having so much trouble getting reads but we haven't played in the same games that much so ???

Which is why I just want to see them post something that isn't just two sentences before phase end.

You, Paper, RoseSGS and Mancer are also voteless.

but anyway nah Paper sucks at D1 if you've ever talked to him about mafia. him claiming he was on limited access killed my interest in that lynch and I think it's silly to wait for him given the circumstances. I consider him a null read at worst, I'm actually leaning town on his investment in the Vhaltz wagon because of the hands-on approach. scum!Paper doesn't care if Vhaltz gets MLed and I don't think Vhaltz/Paper scumteam is a thing either.

I want to end the day early if possible - it's been a draining day and letting it drag on just lets people second-guess themselves and adds more to the catch-up pile for Rose and Mancer. Only thing giving me pause on the Snike wagon is how nobody really opposes it, but given Snike is acting like he considers himself a lost cause it's not out of the question for him to have gone "hey, bus me" in scumchat.

Feel like one of my townreads is whack though, probably Excellen or kirsche.

@Gaius: should hold off on posting until Randa announces it officially then

i never said paper was scummy for whiteknighting vhaltz just that he has literally no opinions on anyone besides that and continues to do nothing about it but whatever.

i will end the day with you guys with lynching whoever as long as it's someonei'm comfortable w/ lynching, this day's been frustrating for me too and i'm only getting even more frustrated as it goes on

Best to just pick a person and lynch. Treating D1 lynches like they're D3 lynches results in last minute turbowagons on a guy nobody really has anything on, then D2 is D1.5.

If people want to lynch outside of Snike they need to get consolidating now and not later.

Can I request a sub? I just got hit by another busy spot again just as the game started. Unless Randa can wait one or two more days for the weekends when I'll have time to play again.

So sorry, guys!

Votals

Snike (5): Prims, Shin, Yolo, Bossonova, Kirsche

Paperblade/Lord Gaius (1): Quote,

Kirsche (1): Excellen

Vhaltz (1): Snike

Voteless people (3): Mancer, RoseSGS, Paperblade

with twelve players in the game, its seven to lynch at deadline and nine to hammer, still looking for one possibly two subs.

there are 19.5 hours left in the phase.