Fire Emblem Fates Classes Thread

Sky Soldier

It's subjective though

Nohr Prince, White Blood, Dark Blood, Singer (Unique classes)

Ninja, Elite Ninja, Puppeteer (Ninja Line)

Herb Merchant, Great Merchant (Merchant Line)

Weapon Master

Revenant Knight

Maid

Butler

Garou, Managarm

Fox Spirit, Nine Tailed Fox

Shura

Blacksmith

Basara

Mountain Priest

War Priestess

Golden Kite Warrior

You forgot Adventurer. But yeah you can argue like, Elite Ninjas and Adventurers are just Assassins and Tricksters respectively with slightly different weapon choices. Otherwise you can consider the Thief/Outlaw a completely different class as well because it uses bows instead of swords

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's subjective though

Nohr Prince, White Blood, Dark Blood, Singer (Unique classes)

Ninja, Elite Ninja, Puppeteer (Ninja Line)

Herb Merchant, Great Merchant (Merchant Line)

Weapon Master

Revenant Knight

Maid

Butler

Garou, Managarm

Fox Spirit, Nine Tailed Fox

Shura

Blacksmith

Basara

Mountain Priest

War Priestess

Golden Kite Warrior

You left out Oni. Despite having some aesthetic similarities with Barbarian they are an entirely different class with different functions, and promotions.

There is no objective criteria for what defines an "actual new class". Look at the class data on Serenes and decide for yourself; you have the same information as anyone else.

All i can find are a list of new classes, not what they actually do/are

All i can find are a list of new classes, not what they actually do/are

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-classes/

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-classes/

Other stuff like stats and skills are elsewhere on the site.

Really, there isn't that much to them. Like, Hero is a foot class that uses swords and axes. That's all that's ever really been consistent about it. The Great Hero and Blacksmith classes seem to be the same way.

^ even then, if you consider the hero class as being derived from the forrest class, even the using axes part is not consistent.

More than that, actually. FE1, FE2, and FE3 all had "Hero" classes that actually had essentially the same name even in Japanese as the class that would appear in later FE games as the typical sword/axe class and get translated as Hero. It was written in hiragana rather than kanji, but pronounced the same, so there's no question that it was "supposed" to be the same class. The FE1 and FE3 versions were a typical sword-only promoted class, while the FE2 version was Alm's personal promoted class and used swords and bows.

So yeah what defines the "same" class is very hazy.

Also, Vincent, if you see, again, slightly off topic, but if you're planning to do all the character base stats, then I suppose I wouldn't do them either.

Well if you're planning to do everything I'd end up doing nothing actually, so I'm not fully sure either.

If you have time, I think they might be helpful.

It's gonna take me a while to calculate them anyway.

All class bases added.

Hmm... Ballisticians have 4 move without All-Terrain.

I like how all the promoted mono-weapon classes get stat boosts.

If you have time, I think they might be helpful.

It's gonna take me a while to calculate them anyway.

All class bases added.

Hmm... Ballisticians have 4 move without All-Terrain.

I like how all the promoted mono-weapon classes get stat boosts.

Well you can see my "Progress" on the Wiki, I guess...

I've updated up to Hoshido chapter 24, so after adding some more enemy stats (Normal Mode) it'll be onto Nohr.

After that I dunno, I still have plenty of weapons to add, fixing miscellaneous things, etc.

I did miss some things, like Asura, some other bosses (being a bit nitpicky about these kind of things), named non boss characters (Severa, etc)

Oh er, can you check if there is a Special Sorcerer class that can use Staves? Because we all know Iago cheats at the game.

It seems like I do derail all the topics whenever I start talking about these things though

I'm pretty sure I have a thing or two that is on topic, now if only I could remember it

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

More than that, actually. FE1, FE2, and FE3 all had "Hero" classes that actually had essentially the same name even in Japanese as the class that would appear in later FE games as the typical sword/axe class and get translated as Hero. It was written in hiragana rather than kanji, but pronounced the same, so there's no question that it was "supposed" to be the same class. The FE1 and FE3 versions were a typical sword-only promoted class, while the FE2 version was Alm's personal promoted class and used swords and bows.

So yeah what defines the "same" class is very hazy.

I don't speak Japanese and haven't played those games so i left out 1-3, plus 4 also had the sword master class and actual stat caps for contrast at that point really the only thing that is sets classes apart is what weapons they use. And still stat caps change the stat caps from 4 speak a different story than the gba games, all that rinkah having low strength, and Axes=strength going around is harder to understand when you know that warriors had more speed than strength, and lower strength than snipers and non-thief swordies. Edited by goodperson707

I have seen a Dread Fighter (Masenshi) Kaze in the Conquest Campain. Looks like purchase bonuses will not be locked to one side.

I'll post a link if requested.

To get Dread Fighter/Masenshi, you need to purchase both Birthright and Conquest; it doesn't matter which one you purchase first. To get Dark Falcon, you need to purchase all three campaigns. Again, the order you purchase them all doesn't matter.

To get Dread Fighter/Masenshi, you need to purchase both Birthright and Conquest; it doesn't matter which one you purchase first. To get Dark Falcon, you need to purchase all three campaigns. Again, the order you purchase them all doesn't matter.

True. But some people are still confused, you know.

Considering Dread Fighter (Masenshi) is listed in Hoshido class list while Dark Falcon (Kuro Tenma) is listed in Nohr class list.

Considering Dread Fighter (Masenshi) is listed in Hoshido class list while Dark Falcon (Kuro Tenma) is listed in Nohr class list.

You fight a lot of Hoshido classes in Nohr story and fight a lot of Nohr classes in Hoshido story, so I'm not sure what's supposed to be confusing.

I actually have to point out that one reason Dark Falcon is listed as a Nohr Class is because it follows the Name Pattern of being Katakana-ized like the Classes from that Faction.

Edited by AstraSage

I actually have to point out that one reason Dark Falcon is listed as a Nohr Class is because it follows the Name Pattern of being Katakana-ized like the Classes from that Faction.

Hmm, so they are. Interesting; that explains a few changes.

Which gets really strange when considering that when selecting Corrin's secondary class, all the classes are listed in kanji, including the Nohr classes that are otherwise listed in katakana.

Also, Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon are explicitly referred to as a "Hoshidan class" and a "Nohrain class" in the class description.

Hmm, so they are. Interesting; that explains a few changes.

Which gets really strange when considering that when selecting Corrin's secondary class, all the classes are listed in kanji, including the Nohr classes that are otherwise listed in katakana.

That's not necessarily the class name though; it's just flavour text. Like how the asset and flaw is partially disguised.

It's probably to stop the labels being too long, since something long like Dragon Knight can be written with 3 or 4 Kanji.

Nohr spoilers.

Gunther seems to have the same heightened Exp gain as Felicia and Jacob. Seems like he also has an "unpromoted" class variant?

Quick question:If I use a marriage/buddy seal then later change to another class, can I change back in to that class with a parallel seal or would I have to obtain another marriage/buddy seal? How common are marriage/buddy seals?

Thanks

Quick question:If I use a marriage/buddy seal then later change to another class, can I change back in to that class with a parallel seal or would I have to obtain another marriage/buddy seal? How common are marriage/buddy seals?

Thanks

AFAIK, the seals function like the dread fighter class change item, i.e. you change, but you still need the item to change into that particular class

Not sure, but max level shop sells infinite number of seals

Does any of you know whether the Awakening DLC is out already?

There's this guy on Twitch streaming the game and his Kanna is a Lodestar.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/spikeynds

Apparently he just stumbled upon it while reclassing, but that doesn't sound right :| I'm guessing he either hacked the game like people over at 4chan have done or maybe it's thanks to Powersaves

As a side note, I really do hope they'll release Grandmaster and Vanguard later on as DLC classes like they're doing with the other two Amiibo clsses

Edited by LiquidDefiance