Fire Emblem Fates Classes Thread

Sky Soldier

Thank you! :)

EDIT: I'm actually having some trouble understanding it...?

Those are the class growth rates. If you want to find the growth rate for a given character of that class you add their personal growths to them (those are also on the main site). Same with the max stats--classes have maxes and characters have modifiers on them.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Othin, and anyone else who cares - I think the formula for displayed crit might be (Skill - 4)/2, rounded down. This is consistent with all of the examples I've seen so far. Anyone want to try testing it out?

That's interesting… I don't have the game to confirm, but then it would be almost identical in most cases, only with a -2 crit downward shift. I wonder why…. could it perhaps have to do with the modifications they made to its counter-stat, the luck stat?

To Othin, and anyone else who cares - I think the formula for displayed crit might be (Skill - 4)/2, rounded down. This is consistent with all of the examples I've seen so far. Anyone want to try testing it out?

Glanced at a bunch of unpromoted characters on my Nohr file and yeah that seems to fit all of them as well as making a lot more sense. Good find!

Class stuff also makes more sense with that in mind, although I do still believe enemy class crit bonuses are halved.

Edited by Othin

Those are the class growth rates. If you want to find the growth rate for a given character of that class you add their personal growths to them (those are also on the main site). Same with the max stats--classes have maxes and characters have modifiers on them.

Ooooh! Thank you! :)

Can't you capture generic units to recruit, I'll admit I'm not super caught up on all the news due to wanting to avoid spoilers, but I'm curious about that now?

If so what happens if you try to capture an Enemy Only Class? Are they un-capturable, do they become a different class, or are there no enemy classes?

Can't you capture generic units to recruit, I'll admit I'm not super caught up on all the news due to wanting to avoid spoilers, but I'm curious about that now?

If so what happens if you try to capture an Enemy Only Class? Are they un-capturable, do they become a different class, or are there no enemy classes?

I don't know the specifics, but basically you can capture any generic..though maybe not the lancers. You cannot capture Foxes nor Garous

There's no data for capturable Fox Spirits or Garous, but there is for Lancers and Villagers. Presumably the option just doesn't appear, like for special bosses.

In addition to what was said above, you can't capture the monsters or enemy grunts with shinning eyes either.

There's no data for capturable Fox Spirits or Garous, but there is for Lancers and Villagers. Presumably the option just doesn't appear, like for special bosses.

So are Lancers and Villagers un-capturable?

Also does enemy Exclusive equipment turn into different equipment when you capture it from a unit like in Thracia 776? Like lets say "Silver Throwing Lance" becomes "Silver Lance?"

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Evidently Dread Fighters are available now, I wonder just how good they will be?

Their caps are fairly average, I guess they're technically uh...

Brave Sword + Kunai options?

Compared to Elite Ninjas, who don't have access to Brave Swords, hoho

So are Lancers and Villagers un-capturable?

He's saying that they have in-game data to be captured. So, it's the opposite. It should be possible to capture them. Lancers are confirmed to be capturable in this thread itself.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54892&page=10#entry3860535

Edited by NeonZ

You could try the class videos that has jokers attack animations but i don't know any that has him fighting actual enemies.

http://serenesforest.net/2015/06/16/fire-emblem-fates-class-trailers/#more-27384

The butler animations with Jakob is near the end of the nohr class video, probably 3 35 3 40 if i had to guess.

He's saying that they have in-game data to be captured. So, it's the opposite. It should be possible to capture them. Lancers are confirmed to be capturable in this thread itself.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54892&page=10#entry3860535

I can confirm that the Nohr lancers (ie. the basic soldiers) are capturable; I have a level 11 Nohr Lancer on my team, but he's not learning any skills that I can see so he's not terribly useful. At least on the Hoshido path, you never see any enemy villager so you can't capture one there.

I have noticed something odd with Leo's class set
It says: Dark Knight (promoted) AND Rod Knight (base class)
http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/class-sets/

I'm confused.

It's probably a mistake, Leo has Dark Mage and Rod Knight

So what are the new classes vs things where the translation and localized names are just different?

ie are rod knights a new class and not just troubadours

Well Rod Knights are mounted stave users, so are troubadours, so that's that

The others are more complicated though.

Also, Vincent, if you see, again, slightly off topic, but if you're planning to do all the character base stats, then I suppose I wouldn't do them either.

Well if you're planning to do everything I'd end up doing nothing actually, so I'm not fully sure either.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

So what are the new classes vs things where the translation and localized names are just different?

ie are rod knights a new class and not just troubadours

Any class that's listed with a changed name on Serenes has it because the Japanese name is different from what it's been for probably almost all of the past 13 games. Sometimes it's due to the class being a Hoshido version like Samurai, sometimes it's due to it being made gender-neutral like Rod Knight, sometimes it's a complete mystery like Great Hero. But it does seem like most of not all of those classes really will have new English names.

Any class that's listed with a changed name on Serenes has it because the Japanese name is different from what it's been for probably almost all of the past 13 games. Sometimes it's due to the class being a Hoshido version like Samurai, sometimes it's due to it being made gender-neutral like Rod Knight, sometimes it's a complete mystery like Great Hero. But it does seem like most of not all of those classes really will have new English names.

So what are the actual new classes, and not just split hoshido/nohr versions of old classes?

It's subjective though

Nohr Prince, White Blood, Dark Blood, Singer (Unique classes)

Ninja, Elite Ninja, Puppeteer (Ninja Line)

Herb Merchant, Great Merchant (Merchant Line)

Weapon Master

Revenant Knight

Maid

Butler

Garou, Managarm

Fox Spirit, Nine Tailed Fox

Shura

Blacksmith

Basara

Mountain Priest

War Priestess

Golden Kite Warrior

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

So what are the actual new classes, and not just split hoshido/nohr versions of old classes?

There is no objective criteria for what defines an "actual new class". Look at the class data on Serenes and decide for yourself; you have the same information as anyone else.