What Game (Series) Would You Troll About If Necessary

Original Alear

This post assumes you don't spend, say, 45 minutes per day of your time trolling about a video game already.

If you had to post about a game and complain about it, attempt to inflame the opinions of fans OR detractors (or both), make aggravating or insulting fanart, post poorly written fanfiction based on it (no crossovers), insult fans (especially very good or very bad players)...what would you choose?

For the sake of discussion, if you want to talk about trolling for a game that used to be discussed a lot but is now dead due to being an old game, and you had a feel for the community back when the game was still discussed somewhat frequently, you could choose to talk about trolling for a game series in its heyday. So you could choose to select trolling on SF back when Awakening, Fates, or Three Houses were popular and there was lots of discussion.

You're not restricted to just one community. Like if you select Fire Emblem you could consider reddit or that older popular FE board that's now defunct (I can't remember what it was called anymore).

I'm asking this question here because I feel like there truly isn't much mean-spirited trolling on this site most of the time right now.

EDIT-I guess I am just trying to see if I can select a discussion topic that hasn't been discussed before, because I can't think of what game I would want to spend time trolling about if I had to. I guess I would select Super Robot Wars.

EDIT2-I am here contending that I am not a troll?

Edited by Original Alear

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I see this discussion going nowhere good.

But screw it. The Sonic fandom are acceptable victims.

Im inclined to agree but since he asked I’d go with the Dark Souls fans... judging by what I read on Gamefaqs that is

As this is a Fire Emblem forum, I'm inclined to go with that, but I'd feel remiss if I didn't say Team Fortress 2. Valve trolls us enough as it is, so it would be a courtesy to do so in kind... but there are also plenty of other people that already troll consistently for TF2, so I don't think it'll ever be necessary for me, lol.

Hard to decide but I'd probably pick one of those videogame fandoms that are less of a group of people who actually enjoy said game and more of a brainwashed cult that are high on copium for their perceived false idol. Zelda, MGS, BioShock... Trolling any of them would be fun, in fact, it IS fun as I've done so before but you can imagine how mad they get when you attack their sacred cow, which only makes me appreciate more and more the feeling of not having a media sacred cow. I mean I had them but mine are treated like battered wives by their IP holders so I can take the heat as I live in constant dread and misery for the things I love while everyone else gets to see their favorite stuff coddled and spoiled rotten.

Out of the three I mentioned if I'd were to target Zelda fans I'd use two accounts to start a civil war within the fandom between detractors of modern 3D Zelda and detractors of the hard topdown classic Zelda games. Either that or argue that the only good Zelda games were the side-scrolling ones so Adventure of Link and the CD-i games. MGS fans are really easy to troll on account of their mental simplicity thanks to good old reverse psychology. BioShock fans though are harder to poke fun of on account of most of them ending themselves after Ken Levine left the company, and those that are still alive and well are way too busy re-reading the Communist Manifesto. They've read it, sure, but they don't understand a single word written in it but think it's cool and stuff.

However, my final target are fans of anything MiHoYo. Those guys deserve the trolling, not because they're bad people or anything but imagine simping for chinese spyware just becase it has a bootlegged gacha-fied Breath of the Wild game on top. I'd say let Darwinism do it's thing but I'd rather do my own thing and laugh at the goofy Genshin Goons. I'd understand the same reasoning for anyone wanting to troll/bully anyone who plays Fortnite or that has allowed the hive of scum and villany that is Epic into their lives.

On 11/22/2023 at 10:24 PM, Original Alear said:

This post assumes you don't spend, say, 45 minutes per day of your time trolling about a video game already.

Baby hours.

If you had to post about a game and complain about it, attempt to inflame the opinions of fans OR detractors (or both), make aggravating or insulting fanart, post poorly written fanfiction based on it (no crossovers), insult fans (especially very good or very bad players)...what would you choose?

My answer is Mega Man, for which I already do this. The Fire Emblem is full of bad opinions but it's already self-devouring.

You're not restricted to just one community. Like if you select Fire Emblem you could consider reddit or that older popular FE board that's now defunct (I can't remember what it was called anymore).

Let me know if you remember it, as a matter of historical curiosity.

Let me know if you remember it, as a matter of historical curiosity.

Ya you know what it's Fire Emblem Sanctuary of Strategy I think. There was also a Fire Emblem Shrine of Seals forum I think and I while I used to know the difference, now (in terms of names) I tend to blend them together. It looks like one of the versions of the forum, up to date around 2005, still exists as an archive of sorts, but there were newer versions of the forum that lasted at least until 2007 I think.

EDIT-If I had to troll I think I would troll Eiyuden Chronicles, for vengeance. I was a member of their discord but got banned without being given a reason - and I think it's weird, because I almost never posted there and I'm pretty sure it had been at least 2 months since I last posted before they banned me. But, I don't have a particularly strong desire for vengeance...if they had some kind of reason that they didn't want to discuss with me that's OK.

Edited by Original Alear

• 2 weeks later...

I feel, genuinely, that Diablo 2 fanboys got what they deserved with Diablo 4. And they should be heckled endlessly.

Diablo 3 was actually great and unique, but we can't have nice things. The series regressed because people were nostalgia-blind for the pre-pre-pre alpha version of Path of Exile. You have Path of Exile. It's great, and it's getting a sequel. Play that. I know I will.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

• 2 weeks later...