Happy New Year

Jotari

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Happy New Year. Hope your 2023 was satisfactory and your 2024 will be beyond your positive expectations.

IS gave us Engage this year. It helped softened the not so great year 2023 was for me.

I think 2024 will be a good year for me though, but now IS will reverse it by releasing FE4 remake.

Happy New Years to you too Jotari.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMBszVtsuzzdog6MBbzrq

Get out of here British lady.

Edited by Shaky Jones

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Hope your 2023 was satisfactory

lol no

Aside from Engage this year was a pile of shit

your 2024 will be beyond your positive expectations.

I only have the most negative of expectations tbh

Happy New Year.

Thanks, you too 🙂

13 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

ut now IS will reverse it by release FE4 remake.

Plot Twist: They fix it's gameplay

51 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I only have the most negative of expectations tbh

Turn that frown upside down! Instead of giving up on resolutions, strap a bomb on yourself that blows up when you don't complete your daily grind towards your goals. THen get some beer. A lot of beer.

53 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Plot Twist: They fix it's gameplay

True! They just have to fix the maps, the mag length, the enemy layout, add quality over quantity (for enemies), the weapon balance, the holy weapons, the romance between Sigurd and forest lady he just met, the villages giving money to your healer that spent 50 turns to get there, the trade system, the difficulty the walking sim aspect, the 50 turn love point system, the invisible barrier "integration", the time consuming arena grind that doesn't scale to prioritize giving Sigurd even more money, marriages behind your back, resist temptation to add Reindhart, fix great shield emblem, fix most skills, give a Sigurd/Quan/Eldigan backstory without charging it as DLC, remove battle saves for DS save circles, not force in contrived lore for divine pulse, add more to its storytelling than villains monologuing what they already know every castle siege, NOT turning the castles into Somniels, add reclassing options, abandon the project and remake FE6 instead, add Cord into the game.

It's so easy! It'll be just like the original game! No one will have any problems with it! 

And then it's the same game, but people get mad over Oifey no longer being allowed to romance Patty. Merry fricken 2024. 

1 hour ago, Shaky Jones said:

It's so easy! It'll be just like the original game! No one will have any problems with it! 

Well, you see

They made the FE4 map and FE6 map in Engage not shit and actually fun. That gives a me a bit of hope they might fix the gameplay.

Just the gameplay tho. FE4's story problems are too big to fix in a remake lol

In spite of all the jokes I am going to make, I hope y'all do have a great New Year filled with the love of Christ.

3 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Get out of here British lady.

Me when women say something nice to me (they are clearly agents of the state):

Am-I-The-Only-One-Around-Here.jpg

abandon the project and remake FE6 instead, add Cord into the game.

Oh wow, that really would fix all the game's problems!

And then it's the same game, but people get mad over Oifey no longer being allowed to romance Patty. Merry fricken 2024. 

Re-making vs re-designing but they actually leaned more into the Kaga brainwashing fetish for Shadows of Valentia so who even knows.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Happy New Year! I wish you all the best.

I know resolutions don't tend to stick for most people, but do you all have any ideas you'd like to at least try?

49 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

They made the FE4 map and FE6 map in Engage not shit and actually fun. That gives a me a bit of hope they might fix the gameplay.

You do have a point. We'd just have to hope IS gives it enough time in the oven to rehash the maps instead of throwing it out under the identical design of the original for "Guys we're selling 3H 2!". After all, CQ had grand gameplay (for most people), but 3H took very little from that. Engage had a while to cook given its circumstances.

15 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

In spite of all the jokes I am going to make, I hope y'all do have a great New Year filled with the love of Christ.

Thank you. As much as it is overly stated, I really do believe 2024 will be different for me. I hope you have a great New Year and may your crusades change history.

22 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Me when women say something nice to me (they are clearly agents of the state):

Am-I-The-Only-One-Around-Here.jpg

Me when women wish me a happy New Years. (The glowies ain't catching me slipping)

YBlciNj.png

25 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Re-making vs re-designing but they actually leaned more into the Kaga brainwashing fetish for Shadows of Valentia so who even knows.

Truly they were a true fan of Kaga's works. Whoever remakes FE6 will make the hit rates twice as bad. 

19 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

I know resolutions don't tend to stick for most people, but do you all have any ideas you'd like to at least try?

I really wanna learn how to draw. I'll try sticking to drawing one thing a month. Hopefully by the end of the year, I'll be able to draw Lindon, Vander, and Saphir all chilling together.

3 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Thank you. As much as it is overly stated, I really do believe 2024 will be different for me. I hope you have a great New Year and may your crusades change history.

No problem. I think every year is a good year, though.

I remember 2023 was going to be a big year for a lot of people, and it was for a lot of them, which was good. Each years has its own things and breakthroughs for different people. Here's to more good changes this year.

They just have to fix the maps,

Those maps are perfect and will look amazing in HD

the mag length,

You mean like animation time? Nothing wrong there, and if there were, we've been able to speed up animations mid game since Awakening, right?

the enemy layout,

That's fine.

add quality over quantity (for enemies),

I prefer quality of quantity as a design philisophy, the map design does call for quantity in Genealogy and I think it works. Quality is occasionally there with the Ishtar like enemies.

the weapon balance,

Yes.

the holy weapons,

Only losing them via bad inherentance

the romance between Sigurd and forest lady he just met,

Might be impossible to fix 

the villages giving money to your healer that spent 50 turns to get there,

I see nothing wrong with that.

the trade system,

Let lovers trade with each other and it's good.

the difficulty

Too easy or too hard?

the walking sim aspect,

*Riding sim

the 50 turn love point system,

They'll probably give us conventional supports instead 

the invisible barrier "integration",

Not sure that can be fixed

the time consuming arena grind that doesn't scale to prioritize giving Sigurd even more money,

I like that it doesn't scale. Makes set benchmarks for units to reach and gives personality to the generic enemies 

marriages behind your back,

The conventional support system would fix that 

resist temptation to add Reindhart,

fix great shield emblem,

Only an issue in chapter 2

fix most skills,

I nominate Tellius capacity system 

give a Sigurd/Quan/Eldigan backstory without charging it as DLC,

...get your wallet out

remove battle saves for DS save circles,

I like DS save system better too but I'm not sure the battle saves are necessarily something that needs to be fixed.

not force in contrived lore for divine pulse,

Absolutely, if all settings this needs to be gameplay mechanic only.

add more to its storytelling than villains monologuing what they already know every castle siege,

Hopefully we'll see more off screen stuff

NOT turning the castles into Somniels,

That ship might have sailed. Most we can hope for is a visually different castle each chapter to match the story 

add reclassing options,

Yes please. That will synergize with inheritance well.

abandon the project and remake FE6 instead,

No, Binding Blade is perfect and requires no remake.

add Cord into the game.

Sure, why not? Game could do with more axe users

Speaking of romances, Althena can't romance with anyone. I wonder if that was intentional or an oversight.

2 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

I really wanna learn how to draw. I'll try sticking to drawing one thing a month. Hopefully by the end of the year, I'll be able to draw Lindon, Vander, and Saphir all chilling together.

I actually took a drawing class this past semester. I don't wanna preach, but if you don't have one already, definitely get a sketchbook. You can also find plenty of tutorials online, but a good starting point to would be to sketch out objects as you see them, a couple things here and there every so often to get a feel for it.

And then, I dunno, draw the rest of the owl or whatever.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

No, Binding Blade is perfect and requires no remake.

but with a remake we can get Al

It's not midnight over here yet but happy new year!!! My account has been dormant for so long, I want to delve into more non-social media/Discord spaces in 2024.

18 hours ago, Jotari said:

Happy New Year. Hope your 2023 was satisfactory and your 2024 will be beyond your positive expectations.

Actually the year was more than satisfactory! Thanks Jotari and I hope the same to you, hope the same for all you guys too. 

11 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

True! They just have to fix the maps, the mag length, the enemy layout, add quality over quantity (for enemies), the weapon balance, the holy weapons, the romance between Sigurd and forest lady he just met, the villages giving money to your healer that spent 50 turns to get there, the trade system, the difficulty the walking sim aspect, the 50 turn love point system, the invisible barrier "integration", the time consuming arena grind that doesn't scale to prioritize giving Sigurd even more money, marriages behind your back, resist temptation to add Reindhart, fix great shield emblem, fix most skills, give a Sigurd/Quan/Eldigan backstory without charging it as DLC, remove battle saves for DS save circles, not force in contrived lore for divine pulse, add more to its storytelling than villains monologuing what they already know every castle siege, NOT turning the castles into Somniels, add reclassing options, abandon the project and remake FE6 instead, add Cord into the game.

Also if they don't add an avatar and probably remove the option of Shannam being able to marry his cousin too (I think he says that Larcei reminds him of Ayra at some point too, which only makes it worse...). THEN it'd be golden (but I agree on FE6's remake too, this will be part on my out-of-my-control resolutions lol.). I actually like how Sigurd and Deirdre's romance seems wishy washy and alarmingly rushed, for me it looked like it was the point of it (Sigurd thinks he's having a love at first sight fairy tale romance, only for it to be a thing that was doomed from the start, and then it adds to Seliph's journey of not making the same fuck ups as his father because if he had married Julia instantly he'd have married his own sister) so I'd actually be sorta mad if they changed that one, aside from that I'd like the changes you proposed (they could let the units trade shit too and maybe made it harder to get the wrong pairs- such as Lewyn and Silvia- accidentally?).

10 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Well, you see

Just the gameplay tho. FE4's story problems are too big to fix in a remake lol

Oh, good to know that they did that, this raises my hopes too! In terms of story they could at least fix how expository the dialogue feels... a LOT of the time (stuff such as "Hi, as you know, your father, lord X, who is friends with lords Y and Z and has bad relations with lord W, did that thing (explains thing) 10 years ago, right before he met Lord XX, as you already know but the player doesn't so I'm explaining it like a robot, by the way, I know we just talked about it half an hour ago, but can you explain to the player to me what was our plan again? In detail, please, also explain why we are making the plan too").

On 12/31/2023 at 7:47 AM, Jotari said:

Happy New Year!

• 2 weeks later...