Pre Banner Discussion: Valentines 2024

So on the 6th or 7th we're getting the next Day of Devotion banner. They dropped the dead dad theme last year, so that's not obligatory anymore I guess.

You know the deal: drop your expectations, theories and wants (or not wants) about the upcoming banner here.

So far, all the Valentine's Day banners have focused on a single setting, with no overlap: Elibe, Tellius, Valentia, Heroes, Ylisse, and Fates. If that pattern continues, the remaining options are Archanea, Jugdral, Magvel, Fodlan, and Elyos. (Radiant Dawn could also fit, since the previous Tellius visit only focused on Path of Radiance, and specifically the Greil Mercenaries.)

Personally I've been hoping for a Jugdral Valentine's Day banner for years, and it would certainly get back on the theme.

As my initial prevision, I suspect it won't be 3H (because they just got a banner, and I'm sure they'll want to shove at least Byleth on a 3H valentines banner, but both of them just got a seasonal) neither FE6 (because they just got a seasonal banner almost fully dedicated to them) and neither the titles that already got a Valentines banner (SoV, FE7, Tellius, Awakening, Fates, FEH) because that never happened before and I'm not making wild guesses now (otherwise Id pray for the banner to have Sharena, Anna, Bruno/Zacharias and maybe some freebie like Peony).

That leaves Archanea, FE4, FE5 (which I think that has a low chance too because they just got a NH banner + IS likes to make FE4 NH banners be released close to FE5's so I doubt they'd give a WHOLE banner to Jugdral- specially FE5 since it's less popular- at this time, if it was to be one of the two Jugral titles it'd be FE4 I think), FE8 and Engage. If it was Archanea, Marth would surely be there and I don't know if his Emblem form would indicate his chances are lower so maybe not this year, but I can easily see an Archanea banner with him, Caeda, Elice and others.

My main bet would be FE8 (just wonder if they'd put king Fado or if they'd not follow the dead dad theme and go with the young royals or with Ephraim and Eirika's closer associated like Seth, but I'd think their dad would be there as they didn't drop the theme "family" yet), Engage (specially because it's it's anniversary) or maaaybe FE4.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

So far, all the Valentine's Day banners have focused on a single setting, with no overlap: Elibe, Tellius, Valentia, Heroes, Ylisse, and Fates. If that pattern continues, the remaining options are Archanea, Jugdral, Magvel, Fodlan, and Elyos. (Radiant Dawn could also fit, since the previous Tellius visit only focused on Path of Radiance, and specifically the Greil Mercenaries.)

Personally I've been hoping for a Jugdral Valentine's Day banner for years, and it would certainly get back on the theme.

Oh, I guess that RD would be an option too, following either Micaiah's family or Elincia's (though we literally just got a Micaiah + Sanaki duo, but Im not sure if that'd stop it). Jugdral would be my prefered option too, by far, I wonder if the lineup for a FE4 one would be Sigurd, Deirdre, Seliph, Julia, Julius and Arvis (just like what @Mercaketewas saying the other day, sounds like a real possibility, and the duo wouldn't be Deirdre+Sigurd because they already got one). FE5 would probably be Finn, Leif, Eyvel, Mareeta, etc (but I won't drag too much on this one cause I doubt it'd be FE5).

I was thinking we were getting Archanea this year.....but then Emblem Marth happened.

So instead, I'll guess that we are getting Magvel / Sacred Stones. Sacred Stones hasn't gotten any new units in general since June 2023.

4 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

As my initial prevision, I suspect it won't be 3H (because they just got a banner, and I'm sure they'll want to shove at least Byleth on a 3H valentines banner, but both of them just got a seasonal) neither FE6 (because they just got a seasonal banner almost fully dedicated to them) and neither the titles that already got a Valentines banner (SoV, FE7, Tellius, Awakening, Fates, FEH) because that never happened before and I'm not making wild guesses now (otherwise Id pray for the banner to have Sharena, Anna, Bruno/Zacharias and maybe some freebie like Peony).

That leaves Archanea, FE4, FE5 (which I think that has a low chance too because they just got a NH banner + IS likes to make FE4 NH banners be released close to FE5's so I doubt they'd give a WHOLE banner to Jugdral- specially FE5 since it's less popular- at this time, if it was to be one of the two Jugral titles it'd be FE4 I think), FE8 and Engage. If it was Archanea, Marth would surely be there and I don't know if his Emblem form would indicate his chances are lower so maybe not this year, but I can easily see an Archanea banner with him, Caeda, Elice and others.

My main bet would be FE8 (just wonder if they'd put king Fado or if they'd not follow the dead dad theme and go with the young royals or with Ephraim and Eirika's closer associated like Seth, but I'd think their dad would be there as they didn't drop the theme "family" yet), Engage (specially because it's it's anniversary) or maaaybe FE4.

Oh, I guess that RD would be an option too, following either Micaiah's family or Elincia's (though we literally just got a Micaiah + Sanaki duo, but Im not sure if that'd stop it). Jugdral would be my prefered option too, by far, I wonder if the lineup for a FE4 one would be Sigurd, Deirdre, Seliph, Julia, Julius and Arvis (just like what @Mercaketewas saying the other day, sounds like a real possibility, and the duo wouldn't be Deirdre+Sigurd because they already got one). FE5 would probably be Finn, Leif, Eyvel, Mareeta, etc (but I won't drag too much on this one cause I doubt it'd be FE5).

That FE4 banner would be fascinating. Julia+Julius could be the duo, and Arvis could work as his Gen 2 form.

Magvel does seem more "open" in terms of the banner lineup - its next New Heroes banner will probably be well into this year.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I was thinking we were getting Archanea this year.....but then Emblem Marth happened.

So instead, I'll guess that we are getting Magvel / Sacred Stones. Sacred Stones hasn't gotten any new units in general since June 2023.

Oh yeah, that summer banner was their last... If it's FE8 now then it'd make it easier to guess which title will be the next NH banner as we'll be able to scratch FE8 from the list.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

That FE4 banner would be fascinating. Julia+Julius could be the duo, and Arvis could work as his Gen 2 form.

Magvel does seem more "open" in terms of the banner lineup - its next New Heroes banner will probably be well into this year.

If the duo was Julia+Julius then Arvis would likely be the demote, Mercakete suggested on another thread that the duo could be Sigurd+Arvis I'd find this hilarious (but pretty cool at the same time, and I'm always down for more male+male Duos and Harmonics).

Actually, that would be sort of fudging the dream Valentine's banner I planned out a while back: the whole family trying to make the Day of Devotion special for Deidre, where Sigurd and Arvis had to be civil with one another (being the fathers of her children) so that her whole family could be gathered together, and both were trying to pick gifts while knowing full well how things went at the end of FE4's first half. So there's this surface-level civility with barely-veiled hostility between them the whole time. Meanwhile, Seliph is trying to get his mom's kids to all get along. Julia's awkward because of the tension but trying to smile through it and Julius is barely tolerating the whole thing, being the most openly hostile one there. Deidre appreciates all the effort everyone's making to make the day special and peaceful, in the end.

So, the banner went like this:

Valentine's Arvis + Sigurd duo, Valentine's Deidre, Valentine's Julia, and Valentine's Julius on the banner, Valentine's Seliph as the TT+ unit. (Really, any of them could have been the TT+ unit besides Arvis+Sigurd, but I figured IS would rather give as many slots to female characters as possible on the actual banner.)

Here's what I posted in the FEH channel thread on the topic, for people who wonder what ARMADS was talking about.

That said, if they went with FE5, there's also a lot they could do, such as focusing on Altena's (Altina? I always get their names confused.) complicated family situation, between her biological parents+brother and her adoptive dad+brother (not sure if she got an adoptive mom or not.) If that's the case, then we could see Cuan+Ethlin as the duo, and Travant, Arion (I think that was his name?), and Leif as the other banner units and Alt...na as the TT+ unit. Or, they could throw Leif on the TT+ I guess if they want a more feminine presence on the banner itself and not repeat grail units.

2 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Oh yeah, that summer banner was their last... If it's FE8 now then it'd make it easier to guess which title will be the next NH banner as we'll be able to scratch FE8 from the list.

If the duo was Julia+Julius then Arvis would likely be the demote, Mercakete suggested on another thread that the duo could be Sigurd+Arvis I'd find this hilarious (but pretty cool at the same time, and I'm always down for more male+male Duos and Harmonics).

FE8 probably won't be a while either way, since it was previously in March and the current rotation seems to be over a year long.

Sigurd+Arvis would be fun, but would probably take away the chance for Gen 2 Arvis.

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

Here's what I posted in the FEH channel thread on the topic, for people who wonder what ARMADS was talking about.

That said, if they went with FE5, there's also a lot they could do, such as focusing on Altena's (Altina? I always get their names confused.) complicated family situation, between her biological parents+brother and her adoptive dad+brother (not sure if she got an adoptive mom or not.) If that's the case, then we could see Cuan+Ethlin as the duo, and Travant, Arion (I think that was his name?), and Leif as the other banner units and Alt...na as the TT+ unit. Or, they could throw Leif on the TT+ I guess if they want a more feminine presence on the banner itself and not repeat grail units.

Travant+Altena+Arion is a combination I was thinking as well. I'd love it, but I get the impression none of them are popular enough to make it likely.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Travant+Altena+Arion is a combination I was thinking as well. I'd love it, but I get the impression none of them are popular enough to make it likely.

I think it could happen. Heck, FE5 is so about Thracia that it was named after it, and this would cover the last 2 ruling families, plus include the main character (Leif.) So, I think this could very well happen. That said, they could do a different focus if they wanted to, like putting the emphasis on Leif, Finn, Nana, Altena, Cuan and Ethlin. I could see them doing that.

Edit:

As for FE8, I'm trying to think of a theme they could hop on. I guess they could include all of the royal parents (it would go adorably well with the FE8 child units) but I don't think they'd lean on Ismaire that hard to carry the banner. That said, Valentia's Valentine's banner wasn't exclusively 1 family, so they could just bring in various others. Like, Joshua, Ismaire, Innes, Tana, their dad... It doesn't HAVE to center on the Renais twins, though this banner theme likes focusing on main characters, so... I don't know; it just feels like we have a LOT of Ephraim/Eirika already, and their child banner kind of already carries the theme that this banner would.

And then there's Engage. We just got Mythic Lumera, and I feel like IS would want to focus on her with her two dragon children (plus maybe Veyle) for a Valentine's banner. Though, again, they don't HAVE to do this. In fact, Mythic Lumera could exist right now mainly because she's not on the Engage Valentine's banner, but this way she's still kind of "part of" it. We could honestly get any of the Engage royals, including the ruling monarchs. Or, it could have a total dragon focus, including Mr Cobra Dragon whose name is totally not in my brain right now. Ooo! Maybe we'll even get a seasonal Emblem unit! I know it wouldn't necessarily be popular with various SF people, but I think it could be fun depending on how it was handled.

I guess IS could also run another Heroes banner focusing on a different family, too, such as the goat family, but that's typically what New Years is for, so I don't think it's all that likely.

Edited by Mercakete

Given the theme is family an Engage one with Alear, Lumera and the twins would have made sense. However since Lumera got an alt literally a second ago this now seems unlikely. Alear and Veyle is also a possibility though.

Archenea is a strong contender. They could do one with Marth and his immediate family. His big sister and brother in law Merric, his surrogate little sister Tiki and his bride Caeda. This would also have the added benefit of not ''disturbing'' the balance of a banner being mostly female. That said like Lumera Marth also got an alt a literal second ago.

Magvel hasn't had its Valentine yet but I can't say I'm exited about yet another banner with the twins and Lyon.

For Fodlan its possible to have a Jeralt banner with him, Byleth, Alois, his wife and his wife's weird simp.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Oh yes, thanks for quoting it, I should've done that myself before to not let anyone in the blue about what I was saying.

I don't think they care about repeating TT+ units, Haar, Linus and Michalis are all on a similar situation (though each was the TT+ unit once and the GHB as another, Linus was GHB twice), but if they did then I'd like other combinations for duo too, instead of Quan+Ethlyn, Leif+Altena (just to clarify, it's Altena) or Leif with one of his parents would be neat, Altena+Arion or Altena+Travant too. If they somehow shoved Linoan it'd be even more chaotic as she's Arion' fiancee and all but I wouldn't want her to be in alt hell. But if it was to have Leif, I'd rather if they put Finn, Eyvel and the people who are more his family than Altena and the rest (maybe even more than Quan and Ethlyn...sorta, could be Finn and Eyvel with Ethlyn, Leif and Quan too since they too are there since gen 1 even though Eyvel lost her memories of when she was Brigid), but I'd be happy either way, can't go wrong on a banner focusing on Leif.

34 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Given the theme is family an Engage one with Alear, Lumera and the twins would have made sense. However since Lumera got an alt literally a second ago this now seems unlikely. Alear and Veyle is also a possibility though.

Archenea is a strong contender. They could do one with Marth and his immediate family. His big sister and brother in law Merric, his surrogate little sister Tiki and his bride Caeda. This would also have the added benefit of not ''disturbing'' the balance of a banner being mostly female. That said like Lumera Marth also got an alt a literal second ago.

Magvel hasn't had its Valentine yet but I can't say I'm exited about yet another banner with the twins and Lyon.

For Fodlan its possible to have a Jeralt banner with him, Byleth, Alois, his wife and his wife's weird simp.

Oh yeah, it'd be another banner for the twins + Lyon, that'd be a bit repetitive. I think that everything you said makes me more convinced it'll be FE4, as Sacred Stones past banner (and the other summer banner it completes) was twins, Lyon, the other Magvel young royals and Seth, and 3 Houses just had BOTH Byleths an alt (I'm sure it'll get one with Byleth, Jeralt, Sitri, Sothis and Rhea one day though, possibly both Byleths even). Otherwise maybe a RD focused banner like Othin suggested earlier here could be possible too. Unless they don't care about repeating Lumera or Marth this early. 

If it was FE4, It'd be thrilling if they added Shannam and Oifrey with the rest (since they raised Seliph and all) but not sure if there'd even be slots for them.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Oh right, I meant to say it earlier, but this wouldn't be a bad spot to bring in the Dawn Brigade, actually, since they're Sothe and Micaiah's found family. I could see IS doing that, especially since the Dawn Brigade somehow still isn't in Heroes (apart from several iterations of Micaiah and Sothe.) Nolan, Edward, and Leonardo are still missing. I guess they could pad it out with...uhhh that one cleric whose name I can't remember right now, even though she didn't really join until later, I think (sort of like how Mia didn't join Griel's Mercenaries until just about the change in leadership.)

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I think it could happen. Heck, FE5 is so about Thracia that it was named after it, and this would cover the last 2 ruling families, plus include the main character (Leif.) So, I think this could very well happen. That said, they could do a different focus if they wanted to, like putting the emphasis on Leif, Finn, Nana, Altena, Cuan and Ethlin. I could see them doing that.

Edit:

As for FE8, I'm trying to think of a theme they could hop on. I guess they could include all of the royal parents (it would go adorably well with the FE8 child units) but I don't think they'd lean on Ismaire that hard to carry the banner. That said, Valentia's Valentine's banner wasn't exclusively 1 family, so they could just bring in various others. Like, Joshua, Ismaire, Innes, Tana, their dad... It doesn't HAVE to center on the Renais twins, though this banner theme likes focusing on main characters, so... I don't know; it just feels like we have a LOT of Ephraim/Eirika already, and their child banner kind of already carries the theme that this banner would.

And then there's Engage. We just got Mythic Lumera, and I feel like IS would want to focus on her with her two dragon children (plus maybe Veyle) for a Valentine's banner. Though, again, they don't HAVE to do this. In fact, Mythic Lumera could exist right now mainly because she's not on the Engage Valentine's banner, but this way she's still kind of "part of" it. We could honestly get any of the Engage royals, including the ruling monarchs. Or, it could have a total dragon focus, including Mr Cobra Dragon whose name is totally not in my brain right now. Ooo! Maybe we'll even get a seasonal Emblem unit! I know it wouldn't necessarily be popular with various SF people, but I think it could be fun depending on how it was handled.

I guess IS could also run another Heroes banner focusing on a different family, too, such as the goat family, but that's typically what New Years is for, so I don't think it's all that likely.

Oops I didn't see this post before my last response. I'd actually like an Emblem hero on seasonals (AS LONG AS IT'S NOT JUST LORDS!) or some other special type of hero on top of Duo/Harmonic, so much that I think they will (and should) do this as the new Asset Hero type of the year isntead of one more type of hero to shove on NH banners. Unfortunately Emblem heroes would be harder to implement into seasonals without making the seasonal banners about the main cast of the games (unless they changed the "theme" for Emblem heroes like they did for Rearmeds- who were initially supposed to be villains) that'd be the only downside (and a big one), also I think they mentioned on the FEH Channel that Emblem Heroes will be in rotation with Legendaries and Mythics.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

55 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Oh right, I meant to say it earlier, but this wouldn't be a bad spot to bring in the Dawn Brigade, actually, since they're Sothe and Micaiah's found family. I could see IS doing that, especially since the Dawn Brigade somehow still isn't in Heroes (apart from several iterations of Micaiah and Sothe.) Nolan, Edward, and Leonardo are still missing. I guess they could pad it out with...uhhh that one cleric whose name I can't remember right now, even though she didn't really join until later, I think (sort of like how Mia didn't join Griel's Mercenaries until just about the change in leadership.)

Laura? She joins in Chapter 2, a couple of turns before Sothe, but after Micaiah, Edward, Leonardo, and Nolan.

Valentia already had its turn but I'm still very much in favor of making a valentine Mae and Boey. They're practically family and literally family in their ending so they fit the valentine theme in both ways. Celica probably considers them family too. 

The Greil brothers would be perfect for a family theme but them being all males makes that completely impossible. Even if we were to add Titania as their ''mom'' IS would still never go for it.

Begnion also has some potential. You have Sanaki and Sephiran who's her dad, and Sigrun who's kind of her mom. It be cute if Muarin and Sigrun were to team up and set up a ''playdate'' for their kids. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

23 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Valentia already had its turn but I'm still very much in favor of making a valentine Mae and Boey. They're practically family and literally family in their ending so they fit the valentine theme in both ways. Celica probably considers them family too. 

The Greil brothers would be perfect for a family theme but them being all males makes that completely impossible. Even if we were to add Titania as their ''mom'' IS would still never go for it.

Begnion also has some potential. You have Sanaki and Sephiran who's her dad, and Sigrun who's kind of her mom. It be cute if Muarin and Sigrun were to team up and set up a ''playdate'' for their kids. 

Additional problem with having Titania join Oscar+Boyd+Rolf: we already got Valentine's Titania in 2019.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Yeah, I've been wanting Valentines Boey and Mae since the one with Alm and Celica was released (also, again, and I'll repeat this forever: Sharena should get a Valentines alt, and Bruno probably should get one since he's Veronica's brother and all).

20 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Sigurd's Dad, Oifey, Seliph, Ethlyn, Altena/Leif

And Deirdre?! And Quan?! It's a Valentines day banner! 

Jokes aside (I see what you mean, also everyone wishes for what they want, sometimes there's no space for a crucial character *COUGH Sharena on the Askr valentines banner *COUGH), I never thought of a valentines banner for FE4 that spins around Sigurd's family (before Deirdre) rather than Sigurd AND Seliph's, actually looks pretty neat, I'd like to see Ethlyn interact with her dad, also Ethlyn with Seliph and Sigurd with Leif would be new and cool too, Seliph and Leif with their granfather too.

Now this almost makes me wish that they had added Eliwood's dad and Uther to FE7's valentines banner instead of Roy and Lilina, possibly Lyn's grandfather and Eliwood's mom if there was space for them too.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Laura? She joins in Chapter 2, a couple of turns before Sothe, but after Micaiah, Edward, Leonardo, and Nolan.

Yeah, her.

You know, one thing I've been thinking IS could do for a while now is to have a banner that includes characters who could have reasonably been on other banners, but weren't. So, for example, bringing in Valentine's Sharena, Valentine's Bruno, Valentine's Ninian, Valentine's ... (I don't remember Zofia's king's name right now), and Valentine's Elena, for example. (Sharena and Bruno could be a duo unit using lances since Bruno taught Sharena how to use a lance.) And all their costuming would be designed to fit their group's theme, like Sharena and Bruno's outfits matching those of Alfonse, Henriette, Veronica, Gustav, Lif and Thrasir, while Ninian's would be styled off of Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Roy and Lilina's. Sure it may not look super cohesive on the banner itself, but it doesn't really have to. (For example, just look at how the brides banner had all different styles of dresses last year.)

6 hours ago, Mercakete said:

You know, one thing I've been thinking IS could do for a while now is to have a banner that includes characters who could have reasonably been on other banners, but weren't. So, for example, bringing in Valentine's Sharena, Valentine's Bruno, Valentine's Ninian, Valentine's ... (I don't remember Zofia's king's name right now), and Valentine's Elena, for example. (Sharena and Bruno could be a duo unit using lances since Bruno taught Sharena how to use a lance.) And all their costuming would be designed to fit their group's theme, like Sharena and Bruno's outfits matching those of Alfonse, Henriette, Veronica, Gustav, Lif and Thrasir, while Ninian's would be styled off of Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Roy and Lilina's. Sure it may not look super cohesive on the banner itself, but it doesn't really have to. (For example, just look at how the brides banner had all different styles of dresses last year.)

Yeah! I've been thinking of this since SoV's Valentine's banner! I wanted them to add Mae and Boey and actually waited for it to happen... Now, with the absolutely disgusting dirt they did to Sharena in Askr's banner ("our whole family is heeeeere!" Why they hell did they even say this? Just say Sharena is ill, at least! At least aknowledge that she isn't there!), I started to want it again (a banner with Sharena, Anna, Bruno), even though Im not sure if that's a very likely possibility yet since they never put more than one world on the Valentines banner per year before. I'd find it great though, the only one I wouldn't completely care for is Ninian because she already got a "love themed" banner (the bridal one) with Eliwood, though I'd be fine if she did get it eventually, literally everything is better than that "Roy's harem" themed bridal banner (on a related note... I'd kill for a bridal Hector, Im really hoping he makes it there this year, and so for Bridal Leanne and Naesala, at least it's easier to hope for then to "complete sets" in Bridal banners than on Valentines banners, since they've done it before).