Gullveig

W!Dimitri

N!Sanaki

WT!Claude

A!Peony

If seeding rules stay the same as previous years the match-ups should be:

Edelgard vs Peony    |    Camilla vs Claude

Gullveig vs Dimitri     |    Alear vs Sanaki

As I said in the questions thread, I want easier fodder so I'm voting for Peony. Despite how annoying Claude was on release I think Camilla is more valuable than him, ditto for Gullveig being stronger than Dimitri. I could go either way re. Alear and Sanaki.

How about you guys?

Edelgard vs Peony - Edelgard simply because I don't have her and because I have three Peonies I've yet to use. I won't be upset if Peony wins though, whereas I would if she was a regular hero type.

Camilla vs Claude - Same kind of role, but I have to go with Camilla, simply because I think the wink on Claude's neutral art looks rubbish. Winter Claude is way better looking. Maybe he should cover his eye up like Camilla?

Alear vs Sanaki - I have no particular fondness for Sanaki as a character (and slightly resent the influence of Sanaki-dev), but highly mobile nuke with multi-kill potential will beat out a standard foot-locked unit every time, even if I didn't already have Alear.

Gullveig vs Dimitri - As above, Galeforce ranged cavalry wins every time. Sure she'll be re-run more often, but Dimitri was sparkable so eh.

The ones I already have are Edelgard, Peony, and Dimitri, so if those are the matchups, I'm going Gullveig.

I don't really care about any of them. I already have Claude and Dimitri... I guess Peony has the best utility among those I don't have? But I guess it might be nice to have Gullveig? I'm a bit worried that if Gullveig wins, though, that IS would take this as confirmation that we want more Seidr x Summoner stuff thrown at us...

Hoping for Peony, Camilla, Dimitri and Alear. 
Camilla for merges, the rest for fodder, all green banner having the best bang for your orbs in odds of getting 5*s.

I have Edelgard, Dimitri and Alear of those the one I want again the least is Alear since I have more then one copy and so her fodder won't be that good for me.  As to the ones I don't have I would be happy with any of them.  I may break my tradition of going against Edelgard and pick Sanaki's team because I don't want Alear on the banner at all.

8 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Edelgard simply because I don't have her and because I have three Peonies I've yet to use.

You could do what I do and just put all your Attuned/ Rearmed Heroes in a separate. As recent updates have taught me, just knowing you have spares to clone skills with makes building units so much easier and less stressful.

7 hours ago, Mercakete said:

though, that IS would take this as confirmation that we want more Seidr x Summoner stuff thrown at us...

IS doesn't care about the characters who win here, just the units themselves. As some on the subreddit (and here) have speculated, they seem to take whoever wins AHR as a sign of which unit type they need to build counters for in the year to come.

6 hours ago, Rinco said:

Hoping for Peony, Camilla, Dimitri and Alear. 
Camilla for merges, the rest for fodder, all green banner having the best bang for your orbs in odds of getting 5*s.

As much as I want Gullveig over Dimitri, I have to admit this would be a really useful roster.

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I may break my tradition of going against Edelgard and pick Sanaki's team because I don't want Alear on the banner at all.

Hey, you can never have too much A/S Finish 4s or Pledges!

For once I don't have any of these characters so whoever wins/gets on the banner will be new for me.

I have my preferences, sure, but I can't get mad at any of these guys winning.

A bit disappointed neither of my first picks got in (those being Desert Altina, who just missed the cut at ninth, and Attuned Nino).

As it is, Peony is the unit that is most valuable to me of the bunch due to being a skill duplicator, but her chances of beating Edelgard to get onto the banner are slim.

Otherwise, Alear is the only unit on the list that I have at +10, and even then, I do want at least 1 more copy of her to pass Atk/Spd Pledge to a skill duplicator.

All 8 units on the list look good to me, and I wouldn't complain about any of them being the freebie or being on the banner.

It would be funny if the final banner were all green, though that would require an upset in the Edelgard v. Peony match and Dimitri to come out on top against Gullveig.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

A bit disappointed neither of my first picks got in (those being Desert Altina, who just missed the cut at ninth, and Attuned Nino).

As it is, Peony is the unit that is most valuable to me of the bunch due to being a skill duplicator, but her chances of beating Edelgard to get onto the banner are slim.

Otherwise, Alear is the only unit on the list that I have at +10, and even then, I do want at least 1 more copy of her to pass Atk/Spd Pledge to a skill duplicator.

Don't forget that Edelgard is cursed to never win Voting Gauntlets.

Altina missed the cut by only 33 votes, to make it  worse (or rather, 33 would have her tie with Peony, so she lost by 34, I wonder that they'd do if someone actually tied right on the cut...)

Also, call me dumb but I never thought about passing skills to a duplicator to then using it again by passing to someone else (although I barely ever use skill inheritance anyway, but still a nice thing to remember).

I only have Peony and Sanaki here, so I have 3/4 chances of getting a unit I don't have, though I won't be mad if Peony wins (as much as I really prefer getting someone new) since I can pass the skills to someone else. (now watch Sanaki win...). 

My prefered winner would be Gullveig since I spent all of my orbs trying to get her or Kvasir (or literally ANY of the Legendaries/Mythics on the banner) back in november and somehow managed to get only one Legendary there, that sucked, I'd feel avenged getting a free Gullveig now, but yeah, again, I'll be alright with almost anyone.

18 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I'm a bit worried that if Gullveig wins, though, that IS would take this as confirmation that we want more Seidr x Summoner stuff thrown at us...

PLEASE NO! IS, YOU MADE THE UNIT GOOD AND THAT'S WHY I WANT HER, NOT FOR MORE CRINGE SUMMONER-KUN HAREM

Edited by ARMADS!!!

19 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

You could do what I do and just put all your Attuned/ Rearmed Heroes in a separate. As recent updates have taught me, just knowing you have spares to clone skills with makes building units so much easier and less stressful.

Yeah, I'm in a bit of a ridiculous (self-inflicted) situation at the moment where I have a ton of Rearmed/Attuned heroes because I recognise that they're "objectively" great value to pull for, but at the same time I never actually do anything with them because I've stopped building any units. I just don't play enough to make any real effort worthwhile and really am only committing for this anniversary month before likely going inactive again.

I sort of got rewarded for the fake patience with the quintuple inheritance change arriving, and with there likely to be no further changes in the lifetime of the game, the best time to use those heroes would probably be now - or at least soon after the next batch of Divine Codes heroes are released next month. Let's see if I can be bothered.

My haul of these heroes so far:
Lif
Chrom
2x Triandra
4x Ophelia
3x Alfred
Ingrid
2x Plumeria
2x Ganglot
3x Peony
2x Sonya
2x Grima
Alcryst

Not a single one has been used for SI.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

or at least soon after the next batch of Divine Codes heroes are released next month

I completely forgot about those, thanks! I should look out for those too, huh?

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, I'm in a bit of a ridiculous (self-inflicted) situation at the moment where I have a ton of Rearmed/Attuned heroes because I recognise that they're "objectively" great value to pull for, but at the same time I never actually do anything with them

Something I learned from asking so many questions is that it's probably best to pick one Rearmed/ Attuned Hero of each "archetype" (e.g. "infantry", "sword/lance/axe user") and grab as many of them as you can. The reason I'm going all in on Peony for example is because she's both a flier AND a S/L/A user so can hold a ton of useful skills.

I guess this doesn't mean much to someone who doesn't play often, but I hope you find this helpful!

Well, I suppose I should want Dimitri to win since the only other character I’ve never gotten here (Edelgard) is just going to get foddered ASAP if she wins.

However, I’m at the point where my anti-Fodlan bias will probably prevent me from supporting Dimitri (who is a character I do actually like, keep in mind).

Therefore, there is in fact a non-zero chance that I pick Peony just because I want Edelgard to lose again that bad. That did work out last year when I went with Veronica (though unlike Attuned Peony, I didn’t have Legendary Veronica at the time).

I figure I'll just support whoever is against Sanaki to try to eliminate her as soon as possible, and then I'll see. Apparently, it's Alear, who is one of the units I want the less here (though of course, still would be happy with it, and aboslutely WAY happier than with Sanaki).

Watch how next year 90% of the winners for AHR will be Emblem Heroes (unless they come up with some new unit type that manages to be more exciting than this, during this year's TT+).

44 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I figure I'll just support whoever is against Sanaki to try to eliminate her as soon as possible, and then I'll see. Apparently, it's Alear, who is one of the units I want the less here (though of course, still would be happy with it, and aboslutely WAY happier than with Sanaki).

What's wrong with Sanaki?

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Therefore, there is in fact a non-zero chance that I pick Peony just because I want Edelgard to lose again that bad. That did work out last year when I went with Veronica (though unlike Attuned Peony, I didn’t have Legendary Veronica at the time).

If it helps, Attuned Peony has a ton of value even if you already have her~

45 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Watch how next year 90% of the winners for AHR will be Emblem Heroes (unless they come up with some new unit type that manages to be more exciting than this, during this year's TT+).

I wouldn't be surprised if we got another new unit type this year, but the TT+ could just as easily "break new ground" by giving us brand new Emblems too watch most of them being Fodlanites or from Nohr. Even if we get something new though, E!Marth is such a useful unit to have and powercreep means we'll likely get even better ones as the year goes on so I wouldn't be surprised by such a deluge in the next AHR (unless IS insists on keeping Marth special and neuters some of the others instead, namely Leif and Eirika).

Cynicism aside, I wouldn't mind an Emblem banner next year, though we'd wind up with a Red Dream instead given how many are swordies (so Edelgard will lose again).

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

What's wrong with Sanaki?

It's just that I already have her (and she's the only unit I have here, well, also Peony but at least she could still be useful even if I have her), so it'll be a big blow of bad luck for me if she wins. So while Alear is not my most favorite option here (she's still pretty alright, I wouldn't complain if she won), Sanaki would be worse. 

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we got another new unit type this year, but the TT+ could just as easily "break new ground" by giving us brand new Emblems too watch most of them being Fodlanites or from Nohr. Even if we get something new though, E!Marth is such a useful unit to have and powercreep means we'll likely get even better ones as the year goes on so I wouldn't be surprised by such a deluge in the next AHR (unless IS insists on keeping Marth special and neuters some of the others instead, namely Leif and Eirika).

Cynicism aside, I wouldn't mind an Emblem banner next year, though we'd wind up with a Red Dream instead given how many are swordies (so Edelgard will lose again).

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a new type either, in fact, I'd be surprised if we DIDN'T. I know it's likely gonna be another type to be shoved into rotation on the normal pull, but it'd be awesome if they made an asset hero type for seasonals instead, and a TT+ about book V would be the perfect opportunity for it since the plot was related to summoning heroes (I have a theory that Eitri will be the big bad of the TT+ -or at least the woman behind the big bad, in case they want to create new OCs- if that was the case then we could be fighting the people that are summoned by her: The new type of seasonal heroes who are related to the banner of each part of the TT+, but even if Eitri wasn't the bigbad or anything, the plot of book V was already related to Seidjárn research so the villain could just be someone that took on her work).

Can someone remind me when the free Hero is given out/ the banner goes live, please? I can't find any tweets about the topic. If IS didn't say anything I'll try to find how last years did this. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Last year, online voting ended on Feb 9th, the Voting Gauntlet was from March 1st to the 7th and Fomortiss was given out two weeks later (Mar 22nd) on the same day the banner started. This year's VG is also ~3 weeks after the results were revealed, so I assume the rest will follow the same pattern.

Edited by DefyingFates