Pre Banner Discussion Thread: Spring Banner 2024

ARMADS!!!

So we're to have the next Special Heroes banner on the 6th or 7th of March (depending on where on the world you are).

You know the deal, what are your guesses, theories, wants (or not wants) and expectations for the upcoming banner? Drop them here until the trailer comes up.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Honestly, I don't care about spring banners 95% if the time, it's my least favorite theme for seasonals and there's very few things that could make like it, but I like to guess regardless.

I think Spring Karel is a possibility, as a bunch of people have been saying during the whole past year. I'd like that, honestly, regardless of if it's his FE6 or FE7 self. 

The biggest thing that would genuinely annoy me with this one is if they still continue with the Macedon characters and put either Lena, Matthis or Julian here. To recap:

2018: Catria
2019: Palla
2020: Est
2021: Minerva
2022: Maria
2023: Michalis

The original Spring banner in 2017 (and also the first Special Heroes banner in general) is the only one that did not have a Macedon character.

Now I'm curious about the game distribution of past spring banners.

• 2017: 2 Awakening, 2 Fates
  • 2018: 2 Heroes, 1 Archanea, 1 Fates
  • 2019: 3 Heroes, 1 Archanea, 1 Sacred
  • 2020: 1 Archanea, 5 Binding
  • 2021: 1 Archanea, 2 Sacred, 3 Awakening
  • 2022: 1 Archanea, 3 Valentia, 2 Awakening
  • 2023: 2 Heroes, 1 Archanea, 1 Blazing, 2 Three Houses
  • Totals: 7 Heroes, 6 Archanea, 3 Valentia, 5 Binding, 1 Blazing, 3 Sacred, 7 Awakening, 3 Fates, 2 Three Houses

Jugdral, Tellius, and Engage have not gotten any spring presence. Jugdral hasn't been tending to show up on silly seasonal themes, but Tellius and Engage may be ones they want to explore, as well as more Three Houses.

41 minutes ago, Othin said:

Now I'm curious about the game distribution of past spring banners.

• 2017: 2 Awakening, 2 Fates
  • 2018: 2 Heroes, 1 Archanea, 1 Fates
  • 2019: 3 Heroes, 1 Archanea, 1 Sacred
  • 2020: 1 Archanea, 5 Binding
  • 2021: 1 Archanea, 2 Sacred, 3 Awakening
  • 2022: 1 Archanea, 3 Valentia, 2 Awakening
  • 2023: 2 Heroes, 1 Archanea, 1 Blazing, 2 Three Houses
  • Totals: 7 Heroes, 6 Archanea, 3 Valentia, 5 Binding, 1 Blazing, 3 Sacred, 7 Awakening, 3 Fates, 2 Three Houses

Jugdral, Tellius, and Engage have not gotten any spring presence. Jugdral hasn't been tending to show up on silly seasonal themes, but Tellius and Engage may be ones they want to explore, as well as more Three Houses.

I wonder if they wouldn't be willing to use someone like Tailtiu, Silvia or Dew (or gen 2 characters/some FE5 characters) on a silly banner theme, or alternatively, picking a super serious character from there on purpouse like they sometimes do (say, with Alfonse, Michalis,...). I think the problem is avoiding Jugdral characters in seasonal banners in general rather than specifically for silly themes.

If they do Engage right now (unless it's like just one character), I'll start to be alarmed about an Engage fatigue so I hope not.

I personally think that:

- It won't be 3 Houses now (unless 1 character or something) too because they are probably keeping them for more popular banners like the summer banners (as always...) and I suspect they might be the title to get the child banner this year too.

- Most of the banner won't be mostly dedicated to FE6, FE7  or to FE8, because FE6 and 7 just got most of a seasonal banner and FE8 got a whole one, and I don't think they're popular enough to be so used so intensely just right now. On top of this, FE6 is another good candidate for the child banner too. Of course, not to say there won't be characters from these at all (I think Karel will be on the banner after all), just think it won't be mostly dominated by any of these.

I decided to make a more specific guess for the banner just because (I'm not to clinged to it though, my opinion might change as the thread goes on), the lineup being:

1) Karel, 2) Freyr/Mirabillis/Eitr (could be Peony or Plumeria too, I just guessing them less hard here cause they got those attuned alts recently but I don't think that'd mean they can't be here now) as the OC that is related to Freyja cause of course theyl'll want to do that, 3) 1 one more random person from Karel's game (either FE6 or FE7) which will probably be a cute girl (alternatively, could be another of the OCs I mentioned), 4) someone from Archanea as always, and I'd guess the last 2 characters to be from Awakening (just gut feeling, they haven't got anything in a while and we know they don't have many New Hero banners to get), one of them will most likely be the "more sexy than cute woman". No clue about who'd be the Harmonic (but obviously not two characters from the same title, and Plumeria can't be the backpack cause she already was to Summer Caeda neither Peony could be the lead), the demote or the TT+, reward except that one (or both) of the former two will be a man and the harmonic will be two woman.

43 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I wonder if they wouldn't be willing to use someone like Tailtiu, Silvia or Dew (or gen 2 characters/some FE5 characters) on a silly banner theme, or alternatively, picking a super serious character from there on purpouse like they sometimes do (say, with Alfonse, Michalis,...). I think the problem is avoiding Jugdral characters in seasonal banners in general rather than specifically for silly themes.

If they do Engage right now (unless it's like just one character), I'll start to be alarmed about an Engage fatigue so I hope not.

I personally think that:

- It won't be 3 Houses now (unless 1 character or something) too because they are probably keeping them for more popular banners like the summer banners (as always...) and I suspect they might be the title to get the child banner this year too.

- Most of the banner won't be mostly dedicated to FE6, FE7  or to FE8, because FE6 and 7 just got most of a seasonal banner and FE8 got a whole one, and I don't think they're popular enough to be so used so intensely just right now. On top of this, FE6 is another good candidate for the child banner too. Of course, not to say there won't be characters from these at all (I think Karel will be on the banner after all), just think it won't be mostly dominated by any of these.

I decided to make a more specific guess for the banner just because (I'm not to clinged to it though, my opinion might change as the thread goes on), the lineup being:

1) Karel, 2) Freyr/Mirabillis/Eitr (could be Peony or Plumeria too, I just guessing them less hard here cause they got those attuned alts recently but I don't think that'd mean they can't be here now) as the OC that is related to Freyja cause of course theyl'll want to do that, 3) 1 one more random person from Karel's game (either FE6 or FE7) which will probably be a cute girl (alternatively, could be another of the OCs I mentioned), 4) someone from Archanea as always, and I'd guess the last 2 characters to be from Awakening (just gut feeling, they haven't got anything in a while and we know they don't have many New Hero banners to get), one of them will most likely be the "more sexy than cute woman". No clue about who'd be the Harmonic (but obviously not two characters from the same title, and Plumeria can't be the backpack cause she already was to Summer Caeda neither Peony could be the lead), the demote or the TT+, reward except that one (or both) of the former two will be a man and the harmonic will be two woman.

If we do get Awakening, Nah alluded to the possibility of Nowi joining the spring festival a few years ago.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

If we do get Awakening, Nah alluded to the possibility of Nowi joining the spring festival a few years ago.

I feel like they really should add the characters that are teased to be in a certain seasonal banner. I've been waiting for Bridal Leanne (and Pirate Leanne/Reyson, if the pirate theme hadn't been replaced... Also thief Chad but same situation) for years now. I mean, I don't like Nowi at all, but alas, I don't like the spring banner much too, so if they happened to not put a single character I like I'd be alright with it.

I can totally picture a Nowi + Y!Tiki/Ninian/Fae, specially with the air of despair they've been giving on the lineup choices lately. That's one reason for me to reconsider and also think that, if they decide to pick one OC that is related to Freyja in some way, it'll absolutely be one of the Alfar girls (even if it's Mirabillis) just to have busted prf dance and some crazy new dancer skills, which would make even more sense considering that we got Lara in january so if you liked her and wanted her to get premium stuff then you'd be inclined to aim to get the alfar girl(s) now and feed their new dancer skills to Lara (or even to attuned Peony whether she winns the AHR or just makes it into the banner, they probably knew that A!Peony was a strong candidate to AHR and wanted to make a dancer that would either be better than her or be able to give new premium dancer skills to her, just right after the AHR to make her obsolete (at least with the OG kit) in some way).

Mirabilis is actually decently likely here, unfortunately for me. They had her JP voice actress (Misaki Kuno) cover Safy last month.

Other characters who have had their JP voice actor show up recently (within the last couple of months) also include, but aren't limited to:

Lif: shares with Mauvier (Tomoaki Maeno)
Lon'qu, Niles, and Seteth (among a couple of others): share with Kagetsu (Takehito Koyasu)
Ryoma: shares with Lyon (Yuichi Nakamura)
Shamir: shares with Fluorspar Selena (Yurina Watanabe)
Titania: shares with Altina (Miho Miyagawa)
Alcryst: shares with Perne (Nobuhiko Okamoto)
F!Shez: shares with Tina (Miyu Tomita)
F!Robin and F!Morgan: share with Camilla (Miyuki Sawashiro)
Citrinne: shares with Isadora (Ikumi Hasegawa)
Karel: shares with Zelgius (Junji Majima)

29 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Mirabilis is actually decently likely here, unfortunately for me. They had her JP voice actress (Misaki Kuno) cover Safy last month.

Other characters who have had their JP voice actor show up recently (within the last couple of months) also include, but aren't limited to:

Lif: shares with Mauvier (Tomoaki Maeno)
Lon'qu, Niles, and Seteth (among a couple of others): share with Kagetsu (Takehito Koyasu)
Ryoma: shares with Lyon (Yuichi Nakamura)
Shamir: shares with Fluorspar Selena (Yurina Watanabe)
Titania: shares with Altina (Miho Miyagawa)
Alcryst: shares with Perne (Nobuhiko Okamoto)
F!Shez: shares with Tina (Miyu Tomita)
F!Robin and F!Morgan: share with Camilla (Miyuki Sawashiro)
Citrinne: shares with Isadora (Ikumi Hasegawa)
Karel: shares with Zelgius (Junji Majima)

Oh, thanks for sharing the list!

Titania really better get an alt soon, cause she's awesome, Líf would always be appreciated as well. I wonder if the royals are candidates for Ascended/Attuned heroes in Fates banners, if yes then Ryoma might be the next for Fates, and it might be soon. Alcryst very likely will get an alt soon too so no surprise here. F!Shez... Could be either an alt or something like a fallen version (I think she has something of the sort in 3 Hopes, right? I didn't find much besides a photo of her with a possessed like face). Karel being on the list makes me even more convinced that he'll be here.

I wonder if they'll put Alcryst and Citrinne here on this banner (I wouldn't doubt it, cause putting Alcryst on a silly costume banner would have the same appeal it did for Bernadetta "Oh I'm s-so embarassed, p-please don't look at meeee UwU"), I'll start to be pissed if we get more Engage right now but at least it'd be on a banner I don't care about.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Man, I always forget that the bunny banners come before the kids banners.

So.... Think we'll be getting Taguels this year? I know they were part of the lore way back when Bunny Bruno came into the game, but they did get new years versions just last year (2022, to be specific, but it was at the end of the year, hence about a year ago.) It would be funny if Ymir overheard Yarne fretting about going extinct or something and, being a life goddess, thought that would be the most horrible thing ever, and did something involving the bunny costumes. I don't know.

But yeah, Mirabilis is one of the characters who would fit perfectly on this banner. She's all about those naps, and even non-sleepy heroes have talked about napping when they've been on these banners. Oh. Maybe Dweyer or Linhardt could show up, too, then.

I'm genuinely surprised they never put Panne and Yarne on a spring banner. The whole Rabbits and Easter theme seems like it's a hand fitting a glove. Though I don't expect them this year given we got Panne and Yarne alts in the previous new year banner.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

So.... Think we'll be getting Taguels this year? I know they were part of the lore way back when Bunny Bruno came into the game, but they did get new years versions just last year (2022, to be specific, but it was at the end of the year, hence about a year ago.) It would be funny if Ymir overheard Yarne fretting about going extinct or something and, being a life goddess, thought that would be the most horrible thing ever, and did something involving the bunny costumes. I don't know.

But yeah, Mirabilis is one of the characters who would fit perfectly on this banner. She's all about those naps, and even non-sleepy heroes have talked about napping when they've been on these banners. Oh. Maybe Dweyer or Linhardt could show up, too, then.

Oh wow, I genuinely skimmed the thread and missed this most recent post. Guess I have nothing to add to the conversation XD

Edited by Jotari

11 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

The biggest thing that would genuinely annoy me with this one is if they still continue with the Macedon characters and put either Lena, Matthis or Julian here. To recap:

2018: Catria
2019: Palla
2020: Est
2021: Minerva
2022: Maria
2023: Michalis

The original Spring banner in 2017 (and also the first Special Heroes banner in general) is the only one that did not have a Macedon character.

I doubt the Macedon theme will continue (since it was focused on the Whitewings and the royal family,) but Julian and Lena are two of my favorite Archanean characters, so I’d be happy to see either get their first (and probably only) alt.

Spring Karel is a very likely candidate. I speculate he will be older/Binding Blade Karel (like how Winter Zephiel was younger/Blazing Blade Zephiel, and his normal self was his older/Binding Blade version.) I’d be excited for either. My prediction is that he will be the demote or Tempest Trial unit, which is fine by me because I’m running very low on orbs and he’s probably the character I would want most on that banner. 

Eitr also seems like a very likely candidate, given Freyja and Triandra were on last year’s Spring banner and how prominent she was in last year’s Tempest Trials+.

I’m surprised Panne and Yarne have never appeared on a Spring Festival banner, either. As much as I’d love to see Panne, she and Yarne received alts on last year’s New Year’s banner (fittingly Year of the Rabbit,) so we’ll probably have to wait another year. They’re not that popular.

2 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

I doubt the Macedon theme will continue (since it was focused on the Whitewings and the royal family,) but Julian and Lena are two of my favorite Archanean characters, so I’d be happy to see either get their first (and probably only) alt.

Hope they throw us a real curve ball and continue it with Lykke and Rummel XD

I really don't like the bunny banner and every year I hope they do a different spring theme banner.  Anyway my one hope is that Elphin isn't on this banner, since my plan is to skip it, but with my luck they will put him on the banner i dislike the most.  Karel I can se happening since they seem to like finishing sets on this banner.

4 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I really don't like the bunny banner and every year I hope they do a different spring theme banner.  Anyway my one hope is that Elphin isn't on this banner, since my plan is to skip it, but with my luck they will put him on the banner i dislike the most.  Karel I can se happening since they seem to like finishing sets on this banner.

What other potential holidays do they have for spring that don't lean into Easter? Like, I'd be all for Imbolc replacing bunnies with sheep and Brigid's crosses everywhere, with playable Brigid too for good measure, but mostly that would just leave people confused (though maybe that's okay for the sake of a richer aesthetic). I suppose they could just do one of the random seasonals like they do with pirates and stuff, but we already have the Desert seasonals randomly placed at the start of the year.

Edited by Jotari

14 hours ago, Mercakete said:

OH YEAH THERE'S PANNE AND YARNE!! How the hell did they never get spring alts?! I agree with the rest that it might be too soon for them to get one more alt, but nothing is impossible of course so it could definitively happen. Maybe they won't do both at the same time and instead will put Nowi and Panne or Nowi and Yarne (I mean, Nah is related to Yarne in some way, isn't she? As both were there together on their OG banner, or they justtpicked a bunch of random child units and shoved them all there together?).

10 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Spring Karel is a very likely candidate. I speculate he will be older/Binding Blade Karel (like how Winter Zephiel was younger/Blazing Blade Zephiel, and his normal self was his older/Binding Blade version.) I’d be excited for either. My prediction is that he will be the demote or Tempest Trial unit, which is fine by me because I’m running very low on orbs and he’s probably the character I would want most on that banner. 

Eitr also seems like a very likely candidate, given Freyja and Triandra were on last year’s Spring banner and how prominent she was in last year’s Tempest Trials+.

I wouldn't mind Karel as the TT reward as he's likely the only person I'll care about on the banner (whether it's his younger self or older self), lately the free units have been turning out to be pretty solid anyway.

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt the possibility of a Eitr and Plumeria being on the banner, if they don't put Mirabillis (though they could also not put all of them on the same year).

4 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

To be honest, I always hope they switch it to another theme too. I mean... it's the most boring theme of all, if they want cute girls uwu + sexy women in playboy bunny like costumes + embarassed dudes in silly costumes they can just use Halloween (and possibly Christmas, which is also boring but less than easter) for that, easter theme takes space for a bunch of other cool seasonal possibilities. I never saw any feh player saying they like this theme- it's always neutral or dislike- so IS could safely change it with no uproar (I mean, not that they even care about uproar, they ended the pirate theme after all...), or in fact, I never even saw any non-kid that actively LIKED easter in general (for non religious reasons), so I don't know why they even kept it past the first two years of the game or so...

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What other potential holidays do they have for spring that don't lean into Easter? Like, I'd be all for Imbolc replacing bunnies with sheep and Brigid's crosses everywhere, with playable Brigid too for good measure, but mostly that would just leave people confused. I suppose they could just do one of the random seasonals like they do with pirates and stuff, but we already have the Desert seasonals randomly placed at the start of the year.

I think they should just do more invented holidays, like they do it in january, august, september and november (and sorta in april) already, it's cool and everyone likes them, they don't have to try to shove every major holiday that exists into the game. If they really want something that screams spring instead of a random holiday then just say it's "spring" theme (not easter, I mean SPRING spring, like spring in general) and have the characters dressed in flowery clothes with flower baskets and flower crowns, maybe a picnic-like vibe (or not), that'd be cool. Maybe they could make each character on the banner be themed around a specific type of flower and have them use some flashy and colorful clothes (specially dresses) that resemble their flower, I doubt people wouldn't go crazy over it, and it allows for cute girls and embarassed serious people too if they want. Really, I'd take any shit over easter at this point.

Seriously, the only thing I like about easter banners is that I know I'll always skip them so I can safely rebuild my orb stash after the january-february stuff and prepare myself for the AHR banner, february and march legendaries/mythics and march NH banner on short term, and for the kid banner and bridal banner (that are among my favorite seasonals of the year) and fututre legendary/etc banners in long term. It's the perfect breather for my orbs, but still I'd like a new and cool theme.

Perhaps its a bit too soon now but I think Alcryst is very likely as a bunny boy. For the same reason as Bernadetta as was mentioned earlier.

The tyranny of Macedon might be over. Rather than the country itself the theme seemed to be the core group around Minerva and the Whitewings. Besides while IS tends to run seasonal traditions into the ground I think even they might pause at the idea of giving Mathis an alt. 

17 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

OH YEAH THERE'S PANNE AND YARNE!! How the hell did they never get spring alts?! I agree with the rest that it might be too soon for them to get one more alt, but nothing is impossible of course so it could definitively happen. Maybe they won't do both at the same time and instead will put Nowi and Panne or Nowi and Yarne (I mean, Nah is related to Yarne in some way, isn't she? As both were there together on their OG banner, or they justtpicked a bunch of random child units and shoved them all there together?).

Or they could stop being cowards and give us Taguel Morgan already. Morgan Male, Morgan Female, Panne, Yarne and Male-Female Duo Robin, one big confused family of people breeding like rabbits to finish off the easter theme for good.

Edited by Jotari

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Or they could stop being cowards and give us Taguel Morgan already. Morgan Male, Morgan Female, Panne, Yarne and Male-Female Duo Robin, one big confused family of people breeding like rabbits to finish off the easter theme for good.

Taguel Morgans are actual beast units in Awakening? If yes, then they should've done them a long time ago, given that we have so little options for laguz that like half of the newer OCs are beasts (even Embla and Askr, who were supposed to be dragons...). But yes, I'd like them to finish this shit theme as soon as possible...

I'm not sure I really have any wants for this banner, to be honest. I guess it'd be neat to see Lena or Julian since they're criminally ignored, and Karel would be neat to complete the family. I expect someone from Three Houses and maybe a fairy character, though.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The tyranny of Macedon might be over. Rather than the country itself the theme seemed to be the core group around Minerva and the Whitewings. Besides while IS tends to run seasonal traditions into the ground I think even they might pause at the idea of giving Mathis an alt. 

This reminds me. At one point, Lena was to wed Michalis. I'd take the Macedon reps to continue at least once more if it means a chance for Lena to get an alt and through interacting with Spring!Michalis, their past could get explored a bit. Though regardless, I would still want the two to interact at all.

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Taguel Morgans are actual beast units in Awakening? If yes, then they should've done them a long time ago, given that we have so little options for laguz that like half of the newer OCs are beasts (even Embla and Askr, who were supposed to be dragons...). But yes, I'd like them to finish this shit theme as soon as possible...

Yes, if Morgan is the child of Panne or Yarne then they are a proper Taguel. Same for a Manakete Morgan.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This reminds me. At one point, Lena was to wed Michalis. I'd take the Macedon reps to continue at least once more if it means a chance for Lena to get an alt and through interacting with Spring!Michalis, their past could get explored a bit. Though regardless, I would still want the two to interact at all.

I think the confusion of Shadow Dragon being the NES remake and not the SNES remake might have retconned that plot point.

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I think the confusion of Shadow Dragon being the NES remake and not the SNES remake might have retconned that plot point.

I don't think that would stop Heroes from referencing it.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't think that would stop Heroes from referencing it.

True, one of the very first things Heroes gave us was Sword Draug.

Now that everyone is talking about Lena and Julian being criminally underrated, I'll say I'd like if they showed up in a bridal banner instead of the shitty easter theme, they actually have a chance there  (I mean, they always add one or two canon couples in the bridal banner and it's not like there's a LOT of others to be added, or at least, a lot of others that have much more chance of getting in it than Julian and Lena).

Edited by ARMADS!!!