Pre Banner Discussion Thread: Spring Banner 2024

ARMADS!!!

12 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

To be honest, I always hope they switch it to another theme too. I mean... it's the most boring theme of all, if they want cute girls uwu + sexy women in playboy bunny like costumes + embarassed dudes in silly costumes they can just use Halloween (and possibly Christmas, which is also boring but less than easter) for that, easter theme takes space for a bunch of other cool seasonal possibilities. I never saw any feh player saying they like this theme- it's always neutral or dislike- so IS could safely change it with no uproar (I mean, not that they even care about uproar, they ended the pirate theme after all...), or in fact, I never even saw any non-kid that actively LIKED easter in general (for non religious reasons), so I don't know why they even kept it past the first two years of the game or so...

Spring is definitely my favorite of the season/holiday-based themes. I love the dapper black or white bodysuits or dresses for girls and suits for boys with bright accent colors as well as the frilly capes, top hats and floral accessories. All of those things I find aesthetically pleasing in general, and the spring theme is a bonus for me. This theme also allows for a wide variety of color schemes and accessories.

Summer is boring with swimsuits; I prefer the desert theme for revealing outfits. These banners almost never feature characters I like and there are two summer banners each year. The Harvest Festival is hit or miss. Leaving dragons behind was a good move. Last year’s banner was one of the best Harvest Festival banners. Day of Devotion is in the middle for me. I prefer the Spring Festival, but Day of Devotion has a few of the same aesthetic elements. Some of the New Year’s kimonos are lovely, but this is generally not a theme I’m interested in. The Winter Festival is by far the worst for me. There isn’t much variety in the designs of the Santa-inspired costumes (with a few outliers like Tharja, Manuela and the Black Knight) and it’s not an aesthetic that appeals to me.

For non-holiday-based themes, Bridal would be pretty high on my favorites list—I’m a sucker for formalwear—except it almost never features characters I would want to summon for (Bride Faye or Marisha for 2024!) I also like the ninja banner and desert banners and am happy these have become annual seasonal banners.

Edited by Magenta Fantasies

12 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Spring is definitely my favorite of the season/holiday-based themes. I love the dapper black or white bodysuits or dresses for girls and suits for boys with bright accent colors as well as the frilly capes, top hats and floral accessories. All of those things I find aesthetically pleasing in general, and the spring theme is a bonus for me. This theme also allows for a wide variety of color schemes and accessories.

Summer is boring with swimsuits; I prefer the desert theme for revealing outfits. These banners almost never feature characters I like and there are two summer banners each year. The Harvest Festival is hit or miss. Leaving dragons behind was a good move. Last year’s banner was one of the best Harvest Festival banners. Day of Devotion is in the middle for me. I prefer the Spring Festival, but Day of Devotion has a few of the same aesthetic elements. Some of the New Year’s kimonos are lovely, but this is generally not a theme I’m interested in. The Winter Festival is by far the worst for me. There isn’t much variety in the designs of the Santa-inspired costumes (with a few outliers like Tharja, Manuela and the Black Knight) and it’s not an aesthetic that appeals to me.

For non-holiday-based themes, Bridal would be pretty high on my favorites list—I’m a sucker for formalwear—except it almost never features characters I would want to summon for (Bride Faye or Marisha for 2024!) I also like the ninja banner and desert banners and am happy these have become annual seasonal banners.

Oh, seems like I understimated the popularity of the spring banner a bit. To be honest, as colorful as the bunny clothes are, they all look sorta the same for me, with the distinction being if it's supposed to be sexy, cute or silly.

Of the actual holiday banners we have (summer, winter, spring, Halloween, Valentines and new year) my favorite is New year (both cause I like that we get OCs there and cause I like kimonos), then valentines which I also like a lot, after that it's Summer then Halloween (Halloween can be good or neutral depending on the lineup, I think that dropping the dragon theme was for the best too). I'd normally think summer is sorta boring (specially cause I'm the ultimate beach hater), but the characters use such pretty clothes (and acessories like bracelets, necklaces, anklets, beach hats,...) that it makes me like most of the designs (though I always get a bit pissed when the banner comes because they never give anyone a volley/beach ball and each year they use more stupid things as weapons avoid giving someone a fucking ball, but that's besides the point), perhaps you tend to dislike the summer banners lineups cause half of it tends to be 3Houses and OCs so if you don't care for these tere is a great chance of not being a fan of the characters that end up on the banner, I like the OCs so that's one reason I know there's always gonna be one title I like on these banners. Winter Black Knight is the pinnacle of winter banner design and I don't think they'll ever top that unless they start dressing people like elves, Krampus or something of the sort (or old dudes dressed like Santa).

If we're counting the non actual holidays, or rather, the other seasonals, Bridal is likely my favorite (after they dropped the Awakening bride dress design, it started being my favorite on that Nailah banner), the desert banner is up there too cause I love tasteful but revealing clothes (and both men and women get clothes like this) and I like this "desert fashion" sorta stuff (though I'm a bit sad that they didn't dress everyone like this on the Khadein banner, but I still liked the clothes), and the Ninja banner too cause ninjas are sick, I like these 3 more than any of the "actual" holidays (so more than the new year banner). There's a chance that my favorite seasonal theme of all was the Phantom thieves thing, I liked that one so much that I didn't even mind that it replaced the pirate banner (which I liked a lot too), but of course that they had to replace it for this stupid tea party theme... Hope that one gets replaced this year cause it's among my least favorite seasonal themes of all. The kid banner is also top tier and likely ties with new year for me (which of them is better depends on the lineups), which is ironic cause I normally detest kids and forced attempts to make something cute (and both of these things are obviously very present on the theme) but ultimately I found this theme such a good idea that I don't mind, the september banner (which has been this elemental tribe thing on the past two years, I think it'll be ice tribe this year) is also tied with Kids and NY if they keep the tribe theme, I like that they use tasteful but revealing (and full of acessories) attires there too.

On 2/26/2024 at 3:45 PM, Jotari said:

What other potential holidays do they have for spring that don't lean into Easter? Like, I'd be all for Imbolc replacing bunnies with sheep and Brigid's crosses everywhere, with playable Brigid too for good measure, but mostly that would just leave people confused (though maybe that's okay for the sake of a richer aesthetic). I suppose they could just do one of the random seasonals like they do with pirates and stuff, but we already have the Desert seasonals randomly placed at the start of the year.

They could do anything related to spring.  Flowers of all kinds, bright colors, cherry blossoms which is big in Japan, the equinox.  It doesn't have to be a holiday most of the seasonals aren't tied to a holiday to begin with just tied to a time of year or they just decided to do that theme that month.  I prefer the seasonals that aren't tied to holidays because they are just more fun.  They call it a 'spring" banner not an Easter banner and every year it being only bunnies annoys me, same with the winter banner.

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

They could do anything related to spring.  Flowers of all kinds, bright colors, cherry blossoms which is big in Japan, the equinox.  It doesn't have to be a holiday most of the seasonals aren't tied to a holiday to begin with just tied to a time of year or they just decided to do that theme that month.  I prefer the seasonals that aren't tied to holidays because they are just more fun.  They call it a 'spring" banner not an Easter banner and every year it being only bunnies annoys me, same with the winter banner.

There's also the picnic theme they used for the first April banner. That month seems solidly booked these days, but it could work just fine for March.

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I think they only avoid the words "easter" and "christmas" to not have explicit religious connotations (even though the banners are very obviously about easter and christmas), but I agree completely. It had only occured me to make it about the season in general on the spring theme, but now that you mentioned it, if the winter banner was about winter in general, with snow and ice and all  (maybe people using thick and furry capes/robes and getting ice/blizzard like tomes and weapons made of ice) It'd probably be among my favorite themes of the year cause I loves things with ice.

55 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

They could do anything related to spring.  Flowers of all kinds, bright colors, cherry blossoms which is big in Japan, the equinox. 

They actually have done a hanami banner before, haven't they?

45 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I think they only avoid the words "easter" and "christmas" to not have explicit religious connotations (even though the banners are very obviously about easter and christmas), but I agree completely. It had only occured me to make it about the season in general on the spring theme, but now that you mentioned it, if the winter banner was about winter in general, with snow and ice and all  (maybe people using thick and furry capes/robes and getting ice/blizzard like tomes and weapons made of ice) It'd probably be among my favorite themes of the year cause I loves things with ice.

I don't think it's religious connotations they're particularly concerned about. Halloween is also the harvest festival despite modern Halloween having virtually zero religious connotations amongst the general public. It's because it's just weird to use real world holidays names in a non Earth setting. Hence vague Star Wars Christmas special and Life Day stuff.

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

They actually have done a hanami banner before, haven't they?

I don't think it's religious connotations they're particularly concerned about. Halloween is also the harvest festival despite modern Halloween having virtually zero religious connotations amongst the general public. It's because it's just weird to use real world holidays names in a non Earth setting. Hence vague Star Wars Christmas special and Life Day stuff.

Yeah, perhaps it'd be just weird, now I remembered that they call Valentines as "day of devotion" instead of the real world name too. Harvest was already a thing in Awakening wasn't it (with the Harvest Scramble DLC)? Perhaps they took the idea from calling it like that on feh from there (like the idea from making the bridal banner, I don't think there's such a thing as a "bridal festival" or holiday or anything, it's just that june is the wedding month but they made the banner on may cause june was probably being used for the summer festivities of the game already, they liked to make seasonal banners related to Awakening and Fates stuff back when they had no ideas to fill the year, like the Hot Springs thing or basing the NY banner on the japanese NY because of Fates or also the Adrift banner, the first dancer banner and the Hoshido Summer banner from 2018) and then the name stuck too, but yeah, calling it Halloween could be weird.

Also, what hanami banner? I don't think I remember that one...

31 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Yeah, perhaps it'd be just weird, now I remembered that they call Valentines as "day of devotion" instead of the real world name too. Harvest was already a thing in Awakening wasn't it (with the Harvest Scramble DLC)? Perhaps they took the idea from calling it like that on feh from there (like the idea from making the bridal banner, I don't think there's such a thing as a "bridal festival" or holiday or anything, it's just that june is the wedding month but they made the banner on may cause june was probably being used for the summer festivities of the game already, they liked to make seasonal banners related to Awakening and Fates stuff back when they had no ideas to fill the year, like the Hot Springs thing or basing the NY banner on the japanese NY because of Fates or also the Adrift banner, the first dancer banner and the Hoshido Summer banner from 2018) and then the name stuck too, but yeah, calling it Halloween could be weird.

Also, what hanami banner? I don't think I remember that one...

The one where we got a seasonal Leo with sandwiches as his weapon.

So the silhouettes are out! One is absolutely Mirabilis (with those wings it has to be one of the fairies, and the hair is too long to be Peony's and is side parted unlike unlike Plumeria's hair that is made of thorns on the tips), and I'd say the other one is most certainly Lindhardt.

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

So the silhouettes are out! One is absolutely Mirabilis (with those wings it has to be one of the fairies, and the hair is too long to be Peony's and is side parted unlike unlike Plumeria's hair that is made of thorns on the tips), and I'd say the other one is most certainly Lindhardt.

That was what I thought, too. 

There must be something hanging off Mirabilis’ wings because it really looks like a braid or ponytail. It’s funny how the silhouette sort of makes it look like there are three characters, with a figure on the left in a wide-brimmed straw hat and a ponytail or braid.

Mirabilis being here made me think we could also get Freyr or Eitr. I am fine with Eitr, but I fear Spring Freyr brining Dream Deliverer to Dark seasons as well. Although having Dream Deliverer in Offensive sounds quite good...

Also it's valid to mention that the next season of Resonant Battles, that begin on the 12th, has Engage as the Harmonized Title bonus. This means that one of the titles for the Spring Harmonized Hero may be Engage.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

That was what I thought, too. 

There must be something hanging off Mirabilis’ wings because it really looks like a braid or ponytail. It’s funny how the silhouette sort of makes it look like there are three characters, with a figure on the left in a wide-brimmed straw hat and a ponytail or braid.

Lol I thought it were 3 people for some seconds until I realizei ir was a wing.

32 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Mirabilis being here made me think we could also get Freyr or Eitr. I am fine with Eitr, but I fear Spring Freyr brining Dream Deliverer to Dark seasons as well. Although having Dream Deliverer in Offensive sounds quite good...

Also it's valid to mention that the next season of Resonant Battles, that begin on the 12th, has Engage as the Harmonized Title bonus. This means that one of the titles for the Spring Harmonized Hero may be Engage.

I think Freyr won't be here now (unfortunately), since we already have Lindhardt and most certainly Karel, and I doubt they'll put 3 men here (I mean, guess it's possible, I just think they won't).

Also, if I remember correctly, they always put the TT unit on the silhouettes right? If yes then Lindhardt will be the TT+, which means I won't get my Karel for free... Crap. Doubt Karel will be part of the harmonic either so that'd mean he's either the demote or the other 5*, while the harmonic will probably be two women (and I won't be surprised if Eitr or Plumeria are part of it, perhaps with a woman from Engage as was said) and the other unit will very probably be another women too (I wonder what will be the title though, Engage? 3 Houses? Maybe Heroes if neither Plumeria or Eitr make it to the harmonic, with the harmonic being 3Houses-Engage then).

If there's another 3H character present, I'd like it to be Petra.

If there's another Heroes unit present, I'd like it to be ...I don't really care.

If there's to be an Engage character, I'd like it to be, eh, Louis? Zelkov? Another Citrinne at a push?

47 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

If there's another 3H character present, I'd like it to be Petra.

If there's another Heroes unit present, I'd like it to be ...I don't really care.

If there's to be an Engage character, I'd like it to be, eh, Louis? Zelkov? Another Citrinne at a push?

If there's another OC I want it to be Peony or Plumeria cause I'm a sucker for fancy dancers, and also cause then there will be a chance of 3 units I like being present on the banner: Karel (yeah, I'm really assuming HARD that he'll be here), Mirabilis and Peony, and then I might summon a few times instead of completely skipping it.

Of course, I'd prefer it if Karel was the TT unit, and the only unit I might want is Mirabilis (even better if she's not good enough for me to feel like I have to spend orbs trying to get her), and the rest of the banner were 3 Houses and Engage or something so I could safely skip it and save my orbs.

I think they could do Citrinne yeah, and use that to throw us bunny Alcryst next year by association.

On 2/25/2024 at 10:51 PM, Tybrosion said:

Mirabilis is actually decently likely here, unfortunately for me. They had her JP voice actress (Misaki Kuno) cover Safy last month.

Yay, of course this was an instance where I just had to be right. 

Can someone like Marianne or Petra please be the other Fodlan character here? I’m not going to very happy if it’s someone who has already been well fed like Hilda or Dorothea.

I will guess that Mirabilis will get the treatment of the Arcane and Attuned Fairies, and get a new and improved dance skill.

Like here original dance skill, I expect it to buff allies Atk, so I expect her to have a Tier 4 Dance B skill, one that we didn't have before and that goes well with her Atk boosting dance. Maybe Deluge Dancer 3 or Geyser Dance 3.

As a form of copium, I’ve been scouring the fandom (Reddit, Twitter, Discord, etc.) for fanart of a hypothetical spring Karel. I’m surprised I haven’t seen any; I remember seeing tons of spring Michalis fan art both after spring Maria was added in 2022 and in 2023 when Michalis finally was added.

I like the Tempest Trial conversation so far, although I’m surprised it doesn’t feature Mirabilis and Lindhart.