Pre Banner Discussion Thread: Child Banner 2024

We're to get the next special heroes banner on the 5th or 6th of April.  

Who are you expecting for this year's child banner? Drop your expectations and theories here.

We already got Archanea, Tellius and FE8.

The remaining options are SoV, FE4, FE5, FE6, Awakening, Fates, 3 Houses, Engage and Heroes (and TMS but not sure if that should even be counted...).

Posted (edited)

I'll put my personal thoughts on a separated post as always:

- I think it won't be 3 Houses this year, cause that one will obviously be another Lords + Byleth freakshow and we already got this on this Christmas.

- I think FE4 and 5 are not too likely too but I'd love it (although... If it was FE4/5 then we'd probably not get our yearly FE4/5 seasonal banner later so there's that).

I can easily see all the others, even Heroes (I'd kill someone with a spoon for Child Sharena and Peony on the same banner, and for a Bruno duo with either Alfonse, Sharena or Veronica). Hopefully it won't be Engage.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

It may be a bit soon after getting our latest Awakening banner, but the child units as actual children would be a great way to use this banner. Lucina already even has a child design. Seeing kid Lucina and kid Owain being a duo of cousins would be really cute! Also, shy tiny Inigo. Little Morgans too.

That said, I'd love to see young versions of other characters, too. (This is one of my favorite banner themes. XD)

And as for Heroes... TOO MANY OPTIONS. Obviously, little versions of Alfonse, Sharena, Veronica, and Bruno would be nice, but I'd also like to see Gunnthra and Hrid as little kids. The most obvious way to go about this is child human versions of the fairies, though. We got Eitr, so we probably won't get Freyr and Freyja as children, but considering that "kids" refer to either young humans or young goats, I'd personally love the pun.

For 3H, Young Dimitri and Young Edelgard already have designs. Them being a dancing dagger duo unit would be fun. I'm not entirely sure who else would be on this one, though. There are a lot of directions this could take.

And then there's the Ram Village kids for SoV, which is such an easy banner to do.

11 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

It may be a bit soon after getting our latest Awakening banner, but the child units as actual children would be a great way to use this banner. Lucina already even has a child design. Seeing kid Lucina and kid Owain being a duo of cousins would be really cute! Also, shy tiny Inigo. Little Morgans too.

That said, I'd love to see young versions of other characters, too. (This is one of my favorite banner themes. XD)

And as for Heroes... TOO MANY OPTIONS. Obviously, little versions of Alfonse, Sharena, Veronica, and Bruno would be nice, but I'd also like to see Gunnthra and Hrid as little kids. The most obvious way to go about this is child human versions of the fairies, though. We got Eitr, so we probably won't get Freyr and Freyja as children, but considering that "kids" refer to either young humans or young goats, I'd personally love the pun.

For 3H, Young Dimitri and Young Edelgard already have designs. Them being a dancing dagger duo unit would be fun. I'm not entirely sure who else would be on this one, though. There are a lot of directions this could take.

And then there's the Ram Village kids for SoV, which is such an easy banner to do.

Yeah, I think the most obvious lineup for a Heroes child banner would be Alfonse, Sharena, Peony, Bruno, Triandra and Plumeria. Maybe Veronica takes the place of one of the latter 3 (probably Bruno? Also I assume Mirabilis wouldn't be on the banner at all as it seems not many people care about her, to the point she even got to be the demote on the Easter banner). I'm glad cause those are my prefered options for a Heroes child banner, as much as I'd like to see Eir or Reggin (+ Ótr), or the Muspell sisters or... anyone but Fjorm.

I think 3 Houses would be all of the lords and Byleth, as they seem to want to include all of the lords on these. Speaking of this, I wonder if RD is an option and we can get kid Micaiah (maybe kid Elincia too), doubt they'd do it just yet thought, but it would be neat if it ever happened.

I hope an SoV one could include Boey and Mae, they are in desperate need for alts and I think they'd want to put someone from Celica's side too, not just Alm's, and these two are my favorite characters from the cast. Though since the Ram village kids are mostly boys, I fear they'd want to leave Boey out (specially considering how much more popular Mae is than him...).

Awakening has a lot of options, wonder if they'd want to mix gen 1 with gen 2, maybe something like Chrom, Lissa, Emmeryn (being an older kid), Lucina and 2 others (maybe Morgans, or Owen)... But that'd be too much like the Ylisse Valentines banner. I'd be okay with any lineup really, I don't particularly like Awakening's cast to strongly hope for a specific lineup, but guess I like them enough to have a good chance of being interested. Lucina seems obligatory though.

For FE6 we'd surely have Roy and Lilina, they even have kid designs from FE7, same for Guinivere. I guess Wolt could be in it too even though no one gives a shit about him. I wouldn't be surprised with Klein or Igrene either, though I wouldn't be very happy with Igrene getting a second alt this year (specially so soon). Apart from these, I think that there's not any other completly obvious answer and they could add just about anyone they wanted (wouldn't be surprised with kid Sophia too even though she's not supposed to be a kid at the same time the others are... But guess Igrene isn't too so not sure if that'd be an issue). In any case, maybe they won't want to do a second Elibe child banner on a row anyway.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Lucina child design? Surely you don't mean her baby design. That would be a bit too ludicrous even for Heroes.

I’m expecting it to be Three Houses because I’m a pessimist but also Three Houses will turn five years old this year. This banner doesn’t always go with a game that’s about to have an anniversary, but FE7 got this theme last year right before its 20th anniversary.

Oh and I know this is crazy coming from me, but I actually want this banner to go to Fodlan. I really do not need to be tempted by Kid Celica right now.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Lucina child design? Surely you don't mean her baby design. That would be a bit too ludicrous even for Heroes.

FEH already gave us a toddler Lucina. For some reason, they called it Resplendent Lucina though.

37 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Nope. Hmm wait, am I remembering fanart or something? Anyway, white dress, smol Lucina. She looks somewhere between 6 and 9 years old in the pic.

25 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Nope. Hmm wait, am I remembering fanart or something? Anyway, white dress, smol Lucina. She looks somewhere between 6 and 9 years old in the pic.

Throught a sorta quick search I couldn't find it, maybe it's some concept art or as you said, a fanart. Do you have the image?

58 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

FEH already gave us a toddler Lucina. For some reason, they called it Resplendent Lucina though.

Lol, really though... And the art could've been so sick if she didn't look like a kid cause the cape and the colors were great, what a waste. When we get actual kid Lucina, I'll refer to her as kid Lucina 2, so no one will confuse it with the kid Lucina we already have (AKA Resplendent Lucina).

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I’m expecting it to be Three Houses because I’m a pessimist but also Three Houses will turn five years old this year. This banner doesn’t always go with a game that’s about to have an anniversary, but FE7 got this theme last year right before its 20th anniversary.

Oh and I know this is crazy coming from me, but I actually want this banner to go to Fodlan. I really do not need to be tempted by Kid Celica right now.

Oh wow. I didn't know Resplendance changed designs so heavily.

As always, I’m hoping for a Northern Fortress themed child banner. The optimal lineup would be either (or most likely both) Corrins with Jakob as the demote, Felicia and Flora as the duo and Silas as the Tempest Trials character. Female Corrin won CYL last year, but I don’t think it’s impossible that she could get another alt in April. It’s also entirely possible that only Male Corrin will appear. They often, but don’t always, appear on banners together. However, that would make Felicia and Flora the only girls on the banner, and I doubt IS would do that. Azura already appeared as a child on the Adrift banner years ago, so it would be redundant for her to appear again. My personal preference would be Peri. She isn’t connected to the other characters on the banner, but it would be fascinating (and adorable) to see her as a child and I’d like to see her get an alt at some point.

More than likely, I’m expecting Shadows of Valentia. As long as we get Faye and/or Kliff, I’ll be happy with the results. They’re my favorite SoV characters. Faye seems pretty likely, but Kliff has more competition for a spot on the banner from Gray, Tobin and Boey. Celica and Alm are givens.

5 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Yeah, I think the most obvious lineup for a Heroes child banner would be Alfonse, Sharena, Peony, Bruno, Triandra and Plumeria. Maybe Veronica takes the place of one of the latter 3 (probably Bruno? )

Oh no, if they're to do young Alfonse and Share a they need to have Bruno to show the actual relationship he had with them.

14 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think its going to be either Echoes or Three Houses since both cast already have kid versions of the characters they can borrow from.

Well that's been true since the start yet they haven't done either of those games yet. It's the two I want most because I like canon stuff more than random stuff, but I don't exactly expect either of them more than any of the others.

I'd laugh if it's Engage... and they add Jean who would be completely unchanged. lol

Oh boy, time for me to make another incorrect prediction!

I think it won't be Fates, because there's a high likelihood of April's New Heroes banner being Fates. This is probably also too soon for another TH-focused seasonal.

I don't really know what to predict other than that.

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd laugh if it's Engage... and they add Jean who would be completely unchanged. lol

I'm of the opinion that they should have used the Tellius child banner as an excuse to add Path of Radiance Sothe. If it had been as the accompanying Tempest Trials unit then he could have been divorced from the main paralogue plot line of them all time traveling and stuff. I'd like to see more new characters added outside of the New Heroes banners. I'm a little surprised they haven't. Way, way, way back in the day they gave us a siblings banner, and Reinhardt ended up being one of the most popular characters in the game.  A more eclectic method of including new units wouldn't go astray (not that PoR Sothe specifically would exactly be new, but you know what I mean, I hope), especially for the games that are far behind on their casts representation and will never catch up to the others by just having four new units added every year and a half.

On topic, I'm going to make an out there, unlikely guess, but give me Thracia kids. I know we got a Thracia banner only in January, but I want more. Young Leif playing with Young Nana and a selection of either the Fiana Free Blades (Osian, Halvan and Tanya) or young Linoan/Miranda/Asvel (characters whose parents sheltered Leif during his child hood). The latter is more likely for more cute girls and important characters. Maybe Asvel and Leif can be the Duo unit and Miranda can get the horse she should have gotten in her base form. Maybe even adolescent Altena can feature, showing something of her upbringing away from Leif.

Edited by Jotari

Personally, I'd rather not have Heroes stuck in alt-only land. Anyway...

18 minutes ago, Jotari said:

On topic, I'm going to make an out there, unlikely guess, but give me Thracia kids. I know we got a Thracia banner only in January, but I want more. Young Leif playing with Young Nana and a selection of either the Fiana Free Blades (Osian, Halvan and Tanya) or young Linoan/Miranda/Asvel (characters whose parents sheltered Leif during his child hood). The latter is more likely for more cute girls and important characters. Maybe Asvel and Leif can be the Duo unit and Miranda can get the horse she should have gotten in her base form. Maybe even adolescent Altena can feature, showing something of her upbringing away from Leif.

It's hard to tell how old the kids are suppose to be, but I feel Fiana is a bit too late. Leif was 12 when he arrived there. The focus being on Lief's time on the run would be more fitting, however. Would certainly like that for a child Thracia banner.

38 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, I'd rather not have Heroes stuck in alt-only land. Anyway...

I don't mean alt hell, I mean characters getting added properly off banner like that siblings banner, which have us the likes of Reinhardt and Klein in there base forms.

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's hard to tell how old the kids are suppose to be, but I feel Fiana is a bit too late. Leif was 12 when he arrived there. The focus being on Lief's time on the run would be more fitting, however. Would certainly like that for a child Thracia banner.

I think 12 would be appropriately childlike age for such a banner, and you could get that fresh meeting with Leif and the Fiana crew. That being said, I do prefer the characters from his pre Fiana time.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't mean alt hell, I mean characters getting added properly off banner like that siblings banner, which have us the likes of Reinhardt and Klein in there base forms.

I mean, that was also just a regular New Heroes banner, for all intents and purposes. I don't remember, did it actually took a seasonal banner spot?

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I think 12 would be appropriately childlike age for such a banner, and you could get that fresh meeting with Leif and the Fiana crew. That being said, I do prefer the characters from his pre Fiana time.

I mean, all previous ones always felt they were more around 10 or even less. It always gave me that vibe. Only exception was child!Palla, who did felt she could be pre-teen.

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

Oh wow. I didn't know Resplendance changed designs so heavily.

They’re not supposed to do that. Resplendent Lucina is apparently what you get when you tell Himukai Yuji to draw a character who isn’t already a child (or who looks like one).

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, that was also just a regular New Heroes banner, for all intents and purposes. I don't remember, did it actually took a seasonal banner spot?

That banner debuted around the end of FEH’s launch month (Feb 2017). The first ever seasonal banner didn’t debut until the end of Mar 2017.

We just had an almost entirely Three Houses-focused Christmas banner. But since when does IS care about how soon something was, at least when it comes to Fodlan? I have a hard time seeing them passing up on Three Houses fifth anniversary. I think there's a high chance we see young Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude, etc.

But what I hope and want the banner to be is an Echoes banner. Give us the Ram villagers, darn it! Young Alm, Celica, Tobin, Gray, Kliff, and Faye. That's what I want. But, if it is Echoes, I doubt we'll get that, IS isn't smart enough to go with what the banner should be. We'll probably get Alm, Faye, and Celica on the banner, but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Gray, Tobin, and Kliff left off for some stupid young Berkut or something.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

We just had an almost entirely Three Houses-focused Christmas banner. But since when does IS care about how soon something was, at least when it comes to Fodlan? I have a hard time seeing them passing up on Three Houses fifth anniversary. I think there's a high chance we see young Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude, etc.

But what I hope and want the banner to be is an Echoes banner. Give us the Ram villagers, darn it! Young Alm, Celica, Tobin, Gray, Kliff, and Faye. That's what I want. But, if it is Echoes, I doubt we'll get that, IS isn't smart enough to go with what the banner should be. We'll probably get Alm, Faye, and Celica on the banner, but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Gray, Tobin, and Kliff left off for some stupid young Berkut or something.

Thinking on it some more, we probably won't get another Valentia banner until next year, so the Ram Village crew is actually pretty likely (but I still want Thracia).

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd describe it as a mid point between a regular new heroes and a seasonal. It's not a seasonal in that the units are in the regual summoning pool, but unlike proper New Heroes banners, it, and a few of the other early banners, are listed as a paralogue and not a main story banner like typical new Heroes banners.

Edited by Jotari

23 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Throught a sorta quick search I couldn't find it, maybe it's some concept art or as you said, a fanart. Do you have the image?

I don't, sadly. I know I saw a piece of fanart of young Lucina, but I thought there was also canon concept art for her. The fanart was tragic and beautiful -- she was holding Falchion, and Robin (hooded) was kneeling in front of her, having just passed it on to her.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I don't, sadly. I know I saw a piece of fanart of young Lucina, but I thought there was also canon concept art for her. The fanart was tragic and beautiful -- she was holding Falchion, and Robin (hooded) was kneeling in front of her, having just passed it on to her.

Why would Robin he passing on Falchion to Lucina? If a young Lucina is in a position to inherit Falchion then it means Chrom is already dead meaning Grima has killed him. Be a bit short sighted for Grima to then gift a weapon that is capable of somewhat hurting him to the only person that can use it (give ore take a hypothetical sibling).

40 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Why would Robin he passing on Falchion to Lucina? If a young Lucina is in a position to inherit Falchion then it means Chrom is already dead meaning Grima has killed him. Be a bit short sighted for Grima to then gift a weapon that is capable of somewhat hurting him to the only person that can use it (give ore take a hypothetical sibling).

I believe the story behind the picture is this: Robin regained his/her mind after killing Chrom (or, as per the game's opening cutscene, was still somewhat in control when his/her hand oops-killed Chrom), and managed to go deliver Falchion to his daughter. However, (s)he didn't quite admit to doing the killing. Then, (s)he left before Grima could take over again, leaving behind a sad, stunned, and confused Lucina.

That said, I didn't draw the picture. Anyway, there's at least 2 or 3 main story futures in Awakening, so it's pretty easy to put this into the "what if" category rather than a true depiction of in-game events.

We have the silhouettes and they are almost certainly Lissa (left silhouette) and Frederick (right silhouette). 

SoV Kids are just never gonna happen, folks. IS isn't capable of giving an entire Special Heroes banner to Valentia. It just can't be done.