(Mafia Sucks) SF Mafia: The Revival - GAME OVER, Town Wins! - Post Game is up!

Iris

1000 fucking posts. Guys.

##Unvote

I feel like my brain is leaking out my ears but wrt wagons my priority is probably Makaze > Refa > Rapier > Weapons atp. I'm going to be real I still don't like Rapier's content that much BUT I do think the VT claim is unlikely to come out of mafia in this position unless someone is pushing it as a gambit? Or if he is being super bussed. It's such a bad way to actually save them. I agree with Weapons that these wagons feel dead-endy and don't think writing off counterwagons here is good maf play. I think giving Refa a day is fine but realistically they are just going to get/claim Roleblocked right? Regardless of what alignment they have so it's kind of a whatever lynch at this point. The only thing really in Refa's favour here is like, the calmness they have is maybe unrealistic for mafia with how long they've been a main wagon but idk if I have any other point of hesitation. Like their content's fine but I don't townread them. This lands with Makaze at the top but idk if this is just where I want to end the day just by default. I will say that the way they are backtreading on their Weapons read after Refa claimed a power role makes me nervous though.

Cam's initial catchup was fiiine but the Refa vote=>unvote is really throwing me - mostly because I can't see why they went for Refa in the first place if not for a reaction and then uh, unvote to nothing. Cam where are you at now? Would you still be voting Weapons here?

My read on Snike is souring ftr. Snike, even if you can't finish an ISO on Rapier I really want to know what your read is on him right now because it looked like you were still townreading him like, 12 hours ago and now you're down to consolidate on him off of what I think is one post? Is there more I'm missing? I'm also not super keen on the extended Marth push and think I might've given this slot a pass for too long? Admittedly I skipped the Makaze ISO because it made my eyes glaze over to try and catch up.

I am pretty sure that I got pinged for a bunch of stuff but I am kind of wiped out and just want to get this post out. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be that guy but @charlie_Since you previously had a scum read on me, and now you scum read makaze, I know I'm not in your current listed priority, but I would actually greatly be interested in your thoughts based on the whole conversation that happened between me and makaze.  Specifically I would like to know your current read on me as well.

Iris™ Votals: Day 1.8 (~3.5 hours left)

Rapier (3): BBM, Refa, Shinori
Refa (3): j00, BT., Makaze
Makaze (3): Elieson, Sunwoo, charlie
WeaponsofMassConstruction (2): Rapier, Prims
Bluedoom (1): Snike
Prims (1): WeaponsofMassConstruction
Not Voting (4): Bluedoom, BT., CT075, Percivale

The player with the most votes at the end of the Day phase will be Eliminated! With 16 alive, it takes 6 votes minimum to Eliminate a player and 10 votes to Hammer the phase early! Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on May 28th.

(FYI I am on and off working until deadline, so I will try to check in every 1-1.5 hours to provide updated Votals. Please don't ask as I am somewhat busy,  but will try my best to pop in, thanks!).

VOTING HISTORY - Day 1

Page 2:
Rapier votes for Prims
Snike votes for Rapier
Sunwoo votes for Snike
Shinori votes for Elieson
Prims votes for Snike
Refa votes for Makaze
Prims votes for Shinori

Page 3:
BBM votes for Makaze
Makaze votes for BBM

Page 4:
WeaponsofMassConstruction votes for Prims
Shinori votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction
Rapier votes for Makaze
Sunwoo votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 5:
Bluedoom votes for Refa
Rapier votes for BBM

Page 6:
WeaponsofMassConstruction votes for Sunwoo
Rapier votes for Bluedoom

Page 7:
Refa votes for Sunwoo
Bluedoom votes for Sunwoo
Sunwoo votes for Refa

Page 8:
BBM votes for Prims

Page 9:
Makaze votes for Bluedoom
Shinori votes for Prims

Page 10:
Snike votes for Bluedoom
charlie votes for Shinori
Prims votes for Snike
BBM votes for Snike

Page 11:
Percivale votes for Bluedoom
j00 votes for Refa

Page 12:
Elieson votes for Makaze

Page 13:

Sunwoo votes for Makaze
Bluedoom unvotes

Page 14:
charlie votes for Rapier

Page 15:
BT. votes for Refa
j00 votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 16:
WeaponsofMassConstruction votes Rapier
Prims votes Makaze

Page 17:
BBM votes WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 18:
Bluedoom votes charlie
Refa votes Makaze

Page 19:
WeaponsofMassConstruction votes Elieson
Prims votes for Refa

Page 20:
j00 votes for Refa
Percivale unvotes

Page 21:
Bluedoom votes for Refa

Page 22:
Rapier votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction
Shinori votes for Percivale
CT075 votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 23:
Refa unvotes

Page 24:
Makaze votes for Refa
Prims votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 25:
Refa votes for Rapier

Page 32:
Shinori votes for Rapier

Page 35:
CT075 votes for Refa

Page 36: 
CT075 unvotes
Makaze votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 37:
Bluedoom unvotes
BT. unvotes

Page 40
BT. votes for Refa
Makaze votes for Refa

Page 41
charlie votes for Makaze

2 hours ago, j00 said:

I won't be home in an hour to assess gamestate and reads properly but I'm still willing to lynch Refa. That claim is NAI and they're a scumread for me as opposed to null and townie on Weapons and Rapier respectively. 

Why are Weapons and I town? How's your read on Refa standing?

2 hours ago, Bluedoom said:

I think to summarise:

Asks people to decide between him and two other people
One of them claims and he asks people to give him a chance
So now he's forcing himself into a 1v1 essentially...and now his reaction is that he has no scumreads?

This isn't self-pres behaviour that I'd expect from scum.

to summarize

I didn't say I lack scumreads. I insisted on Weapons.

I also don't think we have enough time to change wagons, or at least didn't think. Some players mentioned not being here for the deadline and we had 5, then 4 votes on Refa and I.

45 minutes ago, BBM said:

I simply do not understand why refa of any alignment is deciding to spend an hour doing a giant snike post right now

I don't understand why Shinori is so against the refa lunch tho. What's so alignment indicative about the claim?

Feels to me that Refa believes he might be lynched or killed, so he's leaving his thoughts for us and I honestly like his prod on Snike. He's been favorable of me and it should tell things depending on how flips go.

That said, I suggest leaving 6 votes on the person you're at least comfortable with lynching, in case you guys don't want to leave D1 without lynches.

Far too many people have argued I give scummy vibes and my role is the least useful one. I'd still go for Weapons but between me and Refa, I'd give town the least losses by being lynched. If no one settles on Weapons or another viable lynch candidate and Refa/no-lynch is winning, I'll vote myself.

Just now, Shinori said:

I hate to be that guy but @charlie_Since you previously had a scum read on me, and now you scum read makaze, I know I'm not in your current listed priority, but I would actually greatly be interested in your thoughts based on the whole conversation that happened between me and makaze.  Specifically I would like to know your current read on me as well.

It gave me severe mental damage and feel like you were just talking past each other getting nothing done. Makaze didn't even really feel like they cared that much about it, tbh.

Leaning bullheaded town on you after sleeping on the Percy interaction. It threw me through a loop but I was thinking about it in bed and came to the conclusion that if you wanted to jump on Percy for like, a reason with actual scum benefit you would've probably voted for them instead of side-swiping them with a post that was so transparently forced I don't think it's scummy.

The weirdest shit about you to me is that you've kept me as your supposedly highest scumread all day but have never voted me and iirc did not say anything about what I actually posted yesterday. It doesn't outweigh the other stuff though.

Well I was about to jump on you based on your reaction to the me X makaze stuff if you read us both as scum still.

My read on you is heavily biased on our previous interaction and then largely after that most of your other posts were just unmemorable to me.  But these posts specifically that are on this page alone make me feel slightly better about you.  I won't lie in the fact that you were one of my top scum reads, and still are technically a scum read for me, but logically it's kind of weak for the most part which is why I haven't pushed it.  I don't think there is enough there for me to argue it or even really push you up as an option and I'd rather go for some of the stuff I feel more confident in.

I need to find something related to old votals and my thoughts.

I think refa's claim is the most likely to come from scum (a PR town will be hesitant to lynch, but also relatively easy to fake)

I still think rapier's the scummiest on play. Would rather lynch here overall and I think we're firmly in wifom territory with all three of the wagons

I'm not feeling Makaze as an option, would still rather do weapons over him and I also don't want to push Makaze to claim and have 4 claims out on d1. it's silly and at some point we're all just being indecisive and flailing

14 hours ago, Iris said:

Iris™ Votals: Day 1.5 (~18.5 hours left)

Refa (4): BT., j00, Bluedoom, Makaze
Rapier (3): charlie, BBM, Refa
WeaponsofMassConstruction (3): Rapier, CT075, Prims
Makaze (2): Elieson, Sunwoo
Bluedoom (1): Snike
Percivale (1): Shinori
Prims (1): WeaponsofMassConstruction
Not Voting (1): Percivale

* Enough people have harassed me I've changed to chronological voting. 😒 Still manually counting votals throughout the rest of the day. You can see the full voting history below. DM me if there are any errors. I'm going back to bed.

The player with the most votes at the end of the Day phase will be Eliminated! With 16 alive, it takes 6 votes minimum to Eliminate a player and 10 votes to Hammer the phase early! Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on May 28th.

Reveal hidden contents

VOTING HISTORY - Day 1

Page 2:
Rapier votes for Prims
Snike votes for Rapier
Sunwoo votes for Snike
Prims votes for Snike
Refa votes for Makaze
Prims votes for Shinori

Page 3:
BBM votes for Makaze
Makaze votes for BBM

Page 4:
Rapier votes for Makaze
Sunwoo votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 5:
Bluedoom votes for Refa
Rapier votes for BBM

Page 6:
WeaponsofMassConstruction votes for Sunwoo
Rapier votes for Bluedoom

Page 7:
Refa votes for Sunwoo
Bluedoom votes for Sunwoo
Sunwoo votes for Refa

Page 8:
BBM votes for Prims

Page 9:
Makaze votes for Bluedoom
Shinori votes for Prims

Page 10:
Snike votes for Bluedoom
charlie votes for Shinori
Prims votes for Snike
BBM votes for Snike

Page 11:
Percivale votes for Bluedoom
j00 votes for Refa

Page 12:
Elieson votes for Makaze

Page 13:

Sunwoo votes for Makaze
Bluedoom unvotes

Page 14:
charlie votes for Rapier

Page 15:
BT. votes for Refa
j00 votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 16:
WeaponsofMassConstruction votes Rapier
Prims votes Makaze

Page 17:
BBM votes WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 18:
Bluedoom votes charlie
Refa votes Makaze

Page 19:
WeaponsofMassConstruction votes Elieson
Prims votes for Refa

Page 20:
j00 votes for Refa
Percivale unvotes

Page 21:
Bluedoom votes for Refa

Page 22:
Rapier votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction
Shinori votes for Percivale
CT075 votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 23:
Refa unvotes

Page 24:
Makaze votes for Refa
Prims votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 25:
Refa votes for Rapier

Posting this for myself so it's in my ISO so it's easier to find.

I really want to believe that us as a village are not terrible enough that all 3 of our top wagons are all town.

I am confident enough that I want to stick with one of these 3 even if I disagree with it.  So between these three:

Rapier > Weapons > Refa is my personal choice.

9 minutes ago, BBM said:

I think refa's claim is the most likely to come from scum (a PR town will be hesitant to lynch, but also relatively easy to fake)

I still think rapier's the scummiest on play. Would rather lynch here overall and I think we're firmly in wifom territory with all three of the wagons

I'm not feeling Makaze as an option, would still rather do weapons over him and I also don't want to push Makaze to claim and have 4 claims out on d1. it's silly and at some point we're all just being indecisive and flailing

Can you move off Rapier

Unvoting only works with a mention

9 minutes ago, Makaze said:

in about a sentence, why

Your posts feel convenient for maf to make in that they feel low risk/you always have an easy way to give an answer and I haven't had anything that yanks me into thinking your town.

7 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I really want to believe that us as a village are not terrible enough that all 3 of our top wagons are all town.

5 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

If we lynch between us 3 and are wrong, where are we tomorrow? Will we still be pursuing the other two? I feel like people are stuck here mainly for deadline reasons.

I HATE to say it but it's 100% possible, like there are easily scum hiding inside just Charlie/Cam/Elie/j00/Percy/Prims (varying degrees of possibility but yea). If we misvote today I'm definitely gonna push players who were in the sidelines.

5 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Can you move off Rapier

Unvoting only works with a mention

They literally said they think rapiers play in the scummiest and would still rather lynch Rapier...

Yay, 10+ pages to read through. Give me some time to read through this. Is there anything I need to address immediately while I do that?

10 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

If we lynch between us 3 and are wrong, where are we tomorrow? Will we still be pursuing the other two? I feel like people are stuck here mainly for deadline reasons.

Just now, BT. said:

I HATE to say it but it's 100% possible, like there are easily scum hiding inside just Charlie/Cam/Elie/j00/Percy/Prims (varying degrees of possibility but yea). If we misvote today I'm definitely gonna push players who were in the sidelines.

This stuff is 100% true but is just better to look at after it happens, especially with a flipped night kill.

No matter what we gain a lot of information from one of these three wagons being lynched and forcing a CMD which either causes someone else to claim pointlessly OR potentially not claim at all because they aren't around is WORSE.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yay, 10+ pages to read through. Give me some time to read through this. Is there anything I need to address immediately while I do that?

Roughly 3 hours and 30 minutes left for D1 to end, the three biggest wagons are me (4 votes), Refa (3) and Weapons (now 2), but the later was switched to Makaze (who has 3 votes now)

We're discussing whether it's better to turbolynch someone else and I'm advocating for a lynch of any of those wagons.

Refa claimed JoaT, I claimed VT, Weapons claimed universal protector(?). I think there's a remote chance a scum roleblocker just stops Refa and he could just get killed on N1 but at the same time I think it's worth leaving him alive for D2 due to his role. I have the most useless role and me getting lynched would contribute with more reads on the game, and I'm the most likely to get lynched, so I prefer that to having Refa lynched or having no one lynched today.

Over a thousand posts D1 in a 16 p game and 200 of them are Makaze.

I've only skimmed the last 15 pages but to address the current wagons:

33 minutes ago, Rapier said:

Why are Weapons and I town? How's your read on Refa standing?

I think Weapons is null, I can wifom his behavior as scum and town and think it's hard to get a handle on him. Rapier feels like overeager, careless town and VT claim supports the careless behavior.

Makaze I unfortunately read as town albeit a massive distraction/easy target. It's a slot I don't want lategame but hard to justify a lynch on today. I did NOT ISO them and though I applaud the effort Snike put in it doing so I think it was a colossal waste of energy and not a very good post.

Refa themselves says they don't enjoy playing scum and that's what I get from their posts in this game, like they're making cases to keep up an appearance. 

All claims are NAI.

We're not turbowagoning anyone today holy shit who are suggesting that?

I think turbolynching is bad since not everyone is here, and we don't benefit from having four role claims exposed in thread right on D1. It's better to make any mistake with one of the three wagons than go for Makaze, anyone else or, worse still, no lynch. In the absence of a Weapons lynch I'm fine with me going off on this one. We still have roughly 3 hours so I'll wait on this one (ugh I need to get back to work but it's worse than reading this thread)

I keep waffling between voting refa or just no vote, misvote is gonna suck but I really don't want to vote in maka/weapons/rapier

Sorry its 2am now and my brain is fried, should've slept by now

10 hours ago, Makaze said:

how would a vig and my town flip affect how you see the game

Not sure why you quoted the post you did while asking this question, and because of that I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. If you're asking how my reads would change if you flipped town, I'd probably look into everyone who thought you were weird/scum-lean/etc. but didn't commit to voting for you.

Percivale: Okay, I really did miss those posts of yours somehow. Sorry about that and got it.

Still not caught up, but why is there is much Shinori and Makaze arguing on page 32

Does this actually help the game state at all???

Still reading. More in a bit.

I'm spoilering the below because I typed this originally as a message to everyone but it kind of became a rant.  It's related to mafia as a game in general and post count/page count and everyone complaining about it.  Read if you want.  This is nothing really game related for anyone being towny or scummy or anything.

Spoiler

I don't think this is that many posts for a mafia game with active players.  Yes myself and Makaze make up a large portion of the posts (340 ish out of the 1k+ so about a third or so) but it looks worse than it is because SF forums don't have that many posts per page.

Also mafia itself as a game has LARGELY evolved and players have LARGELY evolved over the years, NOT counting other sites, JUST counting SF.  you can literally look back to our games as time progressed to see that the post count, page count, and interaction between players was steadily increasing over time.

For clarification though, everyone see's "oh shit 41 pages, this thing gained 10 pages since the last time I was around!" if we HAD done this on MU then this would be about 20 pages in length, WHICH SOUNDS A LOT DIFFERENT DOESNT IT?  At least in a vacuum.  The amount of posts don't change but other stuff does.

Can people please stop making a post every time they come back saying "God so many new posts" It's a 16 player game with 1k posts on day 1, so what?  This is a lot more normal than I think people give this credit for.

If you remove myself and makaze from this game, this game still has 700~ posts, let's say you take out another 100 for replies to me and makaze, this game still has 600~ posts and you still end up with situations where people come back and are like "Oh fuck 5 new pages"  Like do people think the game is just gonna pause? We have so many people here in different time zones that while you are asleep, and at work, 10-16 hours of your day or so, there are other people not doing either of those.

Mafia has evolved, more post count sometimes means more to read and it becomes more of a hassle but it also means people are actively doing stuff, if someone DIDNT want to, they would just be checked out and not even try.  I used to be that person back when mafia like first started.

I'm sorry that I ranted but it's starting to peeve me.  I will stop here because it's getting on.