Stupid, careless, costly mistakes

Raven

Post your costly mishaps.

My latest:

I opened the boot of the car to unpack after the hour-long drive back home from University for the Christmas holidays, and out slides my 15" LCD TV from the car, and lands on the road. After a bit of cursing, I take it inside to see if it works. And after connecting it to the mains, the standby light comes on. Hurrah. I then press the power button to turn it on, and the standby light disappears along with a loud, sharp pop. I managed to connect my laptop power cable and adapter up to my TV, and shorted the damn thing. So now, I'm blaming the drop from the boot, when in reality all it received from that was some dents. Oh well: Newer, better TV coming my way, payed for by my Grandparents, because it was their boot it fell from. They don't have to know the truth...

Edited by Raven

When i deleted my linux partition on my hard drive, trying to free up space. I apparently forgot that the computer was set to boot from that partition. >.<

So.... whoopee i couldn't boot my computer into anything at all.

So that took me about a while to fix. Only really ended up costing me my time, but definitely a stupid mistake. :P

There was this one time where I dropped my MP3 player in the toilet. We didn't have any rubber gloves, so I had to retrieve it barehanded. It wasn't a costly mistake, but it was undeniably stupid and careless.

It was a cold dark night in Las Vegas Nevada. On the corner of Foxgrove in a small duplex, Phoenix, the fire bird was playing Armored Core: For Answer. He had finished assembling one monster of an AC. He was planning to try and S rank the mission "Occupation of Arteria Carpals" on HARD MODE. That is easily the hardest mission in the game. He had finished every other mission on hard mode and Sed them all, he'd collected everything needed to fullfil this task. His mind was on the game and not hot gravure models. He was ready...

The mission began. Old King died like he usually does and Phoenix KOed NEXT after NEXT until only one was left... Feedback.

The AC called PETROV created by Phoenix, and the AC called Feedback, piloted by Roadie flew straight into battle! Phoenix was going to win. Roadie was unable to land a hit! The battle was nearly over! But then... nothing... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! PETROV had shot down four of the five NEXTs and as a result... ran out of ammo... ABORT MISSION.

Mission failure... because 4,000 bullets just isn't enough...

It was a cold dark night in Las Vegas Nevada. On the corner of Foxgrove in a small duplex, Phoenix, the fire bird was playing Armored Core: For Answer. He had finished assembling one monster of an AC. He was planning to try and S rank the mission "Occupation of Arteria Carpals" on HARD MODE. That is easily the hardest mission in the game. He had finished every other mission on hard mode and Sed them all, he'd collected everything needed to fullfil this task. His mind was on the game and not hot gravure models. He was ready...

The mission began. Old King died like he usually does and Phoenix KOed NEXT after NEXT until only one was left... Feedback.

The AC called PETROV created by Phoenix, and the AC called Feedback, piloted by Roadie flew straight into battle! Phoenix was going to win. Roadie was unable to land a hit! The battle was nearly over! But then... nothing... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! PETROV had shot down four of the five NEXTs and as a result... ran out of ammo... ABORT MISSION.

I'm telling you, man; quad legs, rail cannons, edge strafing.

Seeing a girl I like and not getting her name or contact details before the summer holidays.

Shit, that was like... a week ago. I still have time...

Leaving 700 kr (about 100 $) in the pocket in the school changing room a couple of years ago. Thieves came, thieves left. A friend lost an Ipod, though, so he ended up worse.

Also, answering the phone to a phone salesman when not fully awake. I said something stupid and had to pay 3000 kr (400$) to stand listed in a register which no employers ever check...

• Got into a car wreck
  • Lost my (somewhat) expensive Yu-Gi-Oh deck
  • Socialized with preppies.
  • Listened to mainstream music, especially mainstream
    c
    rap.

All which were really stupid/careless/costly.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

Are you kidding man? That's why you always bring a stored blade with you. Against Roadie of all Linx too.. tsk tsk, he is notorious for sucking, even just going by the storyline.

Edited by Death

-Not socializing with hot girls (or not getting their phone number or something)

-Reacting to assholes when they tease me (Because they'll keep doing it)

-Taking the wrong route to place I wanted to go and getting lost

There's most likely more I've done, but I can't remember them ATM.