Marth

Raven

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has someone level capped Marth.

Yes. his caps are bad, but his overall stats are decent. Not great. But decent. He is especially useful for taking down manaketes. That sword of his owns. Plus he has the utility of opening chests.

EDIT: he does suffer from low health though. . .

Edited by Sylvan

Marth has a weird arrangement of stats. He often caps STR (25) and LUK (30), but the rest seems so unconsistent that it doesn't give me confidence. I'd rather have another manakete with divine pearl or dragon weapons to take down manaketes.

The best thing of Marth is the supports he gaves to everyone. In that way, his stats make sense.

Marth has a weird arrangement of stats. He often caps STR (25) and LUK (30), but the rest seems so unconsistent that it doesn't give me confidence. I'd rather have another manakete with divine pearl or dragon weapons to take down manaketes.

The best thing of Marth is the supports he gaves to everyone. In that way, his stats make sense.

The averages chart actually doesn't have him capping these stats. Mine capped speed though; do Medeus' stats change for H5?

From the boss data a speed capped Marth with ~21 Str should double and kill Medeus in one round using the good Falchion.

Three play throughs, I've only maxed str once. The other times I got 20 and 22.

his Luck seems to max a lot though.

EDIT: Yes, Marth rapes the final boss.

Edited by Sylvan

Marth can't kill Medeus by himself on H5, unless he dodges a hit. Even with capped speed he's getting doubled.

On earlier modes though, Medeus doesn't stand a chance.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean H5. Even then, Marth still does considerable damage.

Actually my Marth capped 25 in strengh, 25 in speed and 30 in luck which is good because my Nabarl only capped 16 in strengh... (he is 20/20) which piss me off . Everyone is right, Ouji has a terrible HP average you HAVE TO give him a angelic robe (you can buy them in this game ^^)

Marth owns Medeus because this is the weaknest boss in FE game (60- (25x2)=10HP left plus Medeus do ~30dmgs to him so Marth can beat this guy alone) ; my Tiki is at level 30 all stats capped (expect res) and do a solo with him ^v^

Roy is Eliwood and Ninian'son sooo...what do you expect to him ? XD Micaiah has creepy speed stat...

Edited by BlueRose95

Who is Ouji?

Marth isn't beating Medeus alone on H5. Medeus will double him, and very likely killing Marth because he gets like 50 Attack power or so. Swordmaster or other classes that get 27 or more speed are actually better suited for the task (if you're not one-turning the chapter).

Ouji (prince) is Marth ^^

Really ? Lol I should try it in Hard mode (but i want to redo the game in normal with all character alive) !...What is Hard mode 5 O_o"?

Too bad Marth is not great as Ike in fire emblem game XD

SD HM5 is pretty much the best challenge a Fire Emblem game has ever offered. Enemy units get so much strength and speed even the strongest tanks can survive only a few attacks from them. They don't just kill you, they dance on your corpse afterwards. Surviving this mode takes a lot of planning, optimally using the class swap feature and praying the god of the random numbers doesn't screw your def. stats.

Edited by Tamara

Too bad Marth is not great as Ike in fire emblem game XD
The only reason Ike becomes as powerful as he can isn't because of himself, but because he gets Ragnell and Aether.
. Enemy units get so much strength and speed even the strongest tanks can survive only a few attacks from them.
The strongest tanks are actually invincible on H5 mode outside of Dragons. It's only two characters though, and I usually suggest to people not to use them as Generals on H5 mode. Edited by FE3 Player

I have only tested the water so far and I can imagine using those two as generals isn't going to help much overall. Generals like that are best for blocking passages when there are large groups of enemies swarming around. Shadow Dragon doesn't have a lot of chapters that allow you to use that strategy. Instead, you want to make enemy units stray from their group and finish them off as quickly as possible. You want characters not only to have decent def. and HP so they can survive a counter attack, but also enough strength and speed to double and kill them. A general that can eat counterattacks isn't going to be very useful if he can't deal decent damage himself. Besides, I can imagine having an invincible wall will make some chapters extremely easy, especially if you use a warp staff...

In any case, I'm looking forward to my HM5 PT, since snipers will finally come in handy. (I really like archer type characters, but they're pretty useless in most Fire Emblems... Aside from a Rolf and Shinon being tanks with high speed, skill, strength and ranged attacks in RD. That was scary.)

Edited by Tamara

You'd be surprised how what characters can't double and how many characters get doubled on H5.

A general that can eat counterattacks isn't going to be very useful if he can't deal decent damage himself. Besides, I can imagine having an invincible wall will make some chapters extremely easy, especially if you use a warp staff...
An invincible General is going to make most of the game easy. Sedgar & Wolf can become Generals on Chapter 6. They suck at first, but if you can manage to level one up, they're making the game much easier. And yes, they are dealing damage enough to make weakening enemies for your other units a simple task.

I don't recommend Sedgar & Wolf as Generals. Heroes aren't broken. To get a defensive character that isn't going to get doubled, the best way to accomplish this is to power level one of your social knights in the early chapters to make their stats capable of working with H5 enemies.

For a bow user, I honestly recommend Ogma. He has utility in the early chapters when you don't have Class Swap and since he's the fastest and best unit to use against the bosses in Ch. 2 & 3, but after that I found that his usefulness waned for the rest of the game, especially compared to Barts. As a Hunter/Horseman, he gets to keep C in Swords for Horseman, and as a Hunter he gets great stats and growths, a much better alternative to Castor. Sedgar or Wolf can already fill Ogma's spot anyway.

SD HM5 is pretty much the best challenge a Fire Emblem game has ever offered. Enemy units get so much strength and speed even the strongest tanks can survive only a few attacks from them. They don't just kill you, they dance on your corpse afterwards. Surviving this mode takes a lot of planning, optimally using the class swap feature and praying the god of the random numbers doesn't screw your def. stats.

FE5 > FEDS HM5

FE5 didn't need over-powered enemies to be hard.

SSS ranking FE5 > FEDS HM5

FE5 didn't need over-powered enemies to be hard.

Fix'd.

Just playing FE5 itself wasn't enough to beat HM5. SSS ranking it is basically impossible.

Edited by Harold

Fix'd.

Just playing FE5 itself wasn't enough to beat HM5. SSS ranking it is basically impossible.

Well yea, playing any games for pure kicks isnt as hard as trying to rank it. Even SS ranking is a motherfucker.

My statement assumed that you were playing both games as quickly and efficiently as possible, since IIRC this game doesn't have rankings.

And even just playing FE5 for shits and giggles puts up a hell of a fight to a game that'd be piss easy if they didn't boost the shit out of all enemy stats...

I don't think anyone's tried to rank Merciless/H5 mode yet, though. I'm sure it would be possible if we can come up with criteria for H5 ranking.

I should probably take the initiative on that. EXP rank requirement high enough to warrant actually not warp skipping chapters, of course (and to make Shooters more useful. I'm not cruel enough to make people train Est). Survival ranking would assume that all characters you recruit are alive, because there is more strategy to that than letting characters die. Dunno how strict turn count should be, but enough to warrant avoiding reinforcements rather than grinding on them (and adjusting the EXP rate to compensate).

I don't think anyone's tried to rank Merciless/H5 mode yet, though. I'm sure it would be possible if we can come up with criteria for H5 ranking.

I should probably take the initiative on that. EXP rank requirement high enough to warrant actually not warp skipping chapters, of course (and to make Shooters more useful. I'm not cruel enough to make people train Est). Survival ranking would assume that all characters you recruit are alive, because there is more strategy to that than letting characters die. Dunno how strict turn count should be, but enough to warrant avoiding reinforcements rather than grinding on them (and adjusting the EXP rate to compensate).

I would assume no combat ranking because that would be too difficult?

Edited by Levin