Marth

Raven

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy promotes and has simalar growths to Marth he also gets an extrmely powerful sword its limited use though.

People say Roy sucks but I'm guessing thats because of his late promotion. Marth doesn't promote at all and he's good that doesn't make sense to me.

Roy promotes and has simalar growths to Marth he also gets an extrmely powerful sword its limited use though.

People say Roy sucks but I'm guessing thats because of his late promotion. Marth doesn't promote at all and he's good that doesn't make sense to me.

Roy's stats don't compare well with the other lords. His sword is broken due to high MT, 1-2 Range, effectiveness towards mamkutes which is quite a bonus since chapter 24 has plenty.

Marth level cap is lower than those that use master seal but again, his growths make up for it, he's good in his game more often than Roy and performs decently in the mid and lategame chapters. Plus there's the fact that you could Forge his Rapier in this game and literally have him rape chapters like 18 and 20.

Edited by Levin

Marth's stats and performance overall in the game are quite a bit higher, especially since he doesn't cap out while everyone promotes (people also promote relatively earlier in FE6 iirc), and he has many more Rapier uses. Between Ch16 and Ch21x, Roy is pretty much useless.

I don't understand it people are saying Marth is better than Roy but Roy promotes and Marth doesn't. He also has ten extra level ups. They both have the same caps.I think they're equal.

But Marth in his game is better than Roy in his game.

Do you understand now, or are you going to continue to obstinately refuse to acknowledge that a promotion at a very late point in the game is not better than a relatively unrestricted level cap?

Roy's sword attacks from a range. I never had trouble 20/20ing Roy.

The Sword of Seals has 20 uses - that's 10 rounds of combat, assuming that Roy doubles and requires 2 hits to KO. You're not getting 20 levels off 10 kills. Also, average endgame level in FE6 for most units is 20/10 iirc, and most units (i.e. not Roy) promote in chapter 16, probably even earlier. If they reach 20/10 with, what, 9 more chapters of play than Roy, how is Roy even conceivably reaching 20/20 without massive favoritism?

Edited by dondon151

wtf? why is this turning into a bash Roy thread? He isn't even in this game

EDIT:

20 uses ftl. Also, getting Roy to 20/20 requires blatant favoritism.

No duh it requires favourtism. Look at my avatar and sig XD I'm not saying Roy is better. Just stating facts. He can attack from a range. And I had no trouble getting him to 20/20 =P

Edited by Sylvan

But Marth in his game is better than Roy in his game.

Do you understand now, or are you going to continue to obstinately refuse to acknowledge that a promotion at a very late point in the game is not better than a relatively unrestricted level cap?

The Sword of Seals has 20 uses - that's 10 rounds of combat, assuming that Roy doubles and requires 2 hits to KO. You're not getting 20 levels off 10 kills. Also, average endgame level in FE6 for most units is 20/10 iirc, and most units (i.e. not Roy) promote in chapter 16, probably even earlier. If they reach 20/10 with, what, 9 more chapters of play than Roy, how is Roy even conceivably reaching 20/20 without massive favoritism?

58 uses sounds more right (Hammerne x3 for max potential). 19 levels off 29 kills could make sense.