Marth

Raven

When in the game does he promote? I'm at Ch. 11 - Knorda Market, and he is currently on Lv12 Ex91.

I'd like to know when in the game he promotes so I can raise him accordingly.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marth doesn't promote in this game, just like he never promoted in previous games.

Tea Lord Sothe is also wrong, Marth goes to level 30, but he gets stat caps, and his growths are great.

It's okay though, Marth is still a decent unit, though on Merciless mode, having speed below average will be a liability.

Yeah that's a thing I don't like about Marth... promotion bonuses would've been good but I guess the fact that you can forge his Rapier sort of makes up for it.
I think not having a promotion is actually *better*. It means that you don't have to wait until some chapter if he hits level 20, instead he just continues getting EXP and growing. Edited by FE3 Player

I think not having a promotion is actually *better*. It means that you don't have to wait until some chapter if he hits level 20, instead he just continues getting EXP and growing.

A decent promotion bonus more than offsets a few extra level-ups.

I think not having a promotion is actually *better*. It means that you don't have to wait until some chapter if he hits level 20, instead he just continues getting EXP and growing.

Basically what Dondon said... that and the fact that forging a good rapier for him makes him easy to train on chapters packed with Paladins and Horsemen... and there's plenty of those.

A decent promotion bonus more than offsets a few extra level-ups.

While that's true, Lords usually promote at the tail end of the game (the only main character who had a halfway decent promotion time was Ike in Path of Radiance).

Maybe they'll have him promote in book 2

Really though, I don't see the problem with it, Marth was never your best unit in either of your games (he was sorta OK in book2 I guess...) I almost think I prefer it without, because it doesn;t really go with the story that he'd promote, but whatever, thats sorta out of the realm of this discussion, plus the same could also be said for Leaf in FE5 =/. The Only Lords that turn out on par or above are Sigurd/Celice/(Maube Ike? Never played his games), it would be sort of untrue to the original to make the meh Lord promote, when stpory wise he does not. Good promotion bonuses might have made him too good, I mean the Falchion already has infinite uses =/

Edited by thunderstrife

What I hated about PoR was that Ike had a promotion and was at level 20 in chapter 5. Then you had to wait more than 10 chapters until you could finally promote him.

What I hate in SD is that you get most Master Seals in the last few chapters. My chars were ready to promote way before that, so I had to buy a lot of Master Seals in the online shop.

What I hated about PoR was that Ike had a promotion and was at level 20 in chapter 5.

Maybe don't Ike solo. Just "give" his EXP to other people so they promote earlier.

The Only Lords that turn out on par or above are Sigurd/Celice/(Maube Ike? Never played his games)

Hector and Eliwood are certainly better than average. Roy is good as well when he finally promotes. Eirika and Ephraim, same story. They're not as amazing as Ike or the FE4 lords though.

Micciah shared her lord spot with Ike who got all the attention... poor little girl. Promotion bonus for Marth would have been awesome....or maybe when he gets the Fire Emblem he doesnt promote but gain stats in a few areas.

Micaiah from RD suffered from the Crappy Lord syndrome seen in the first three games.

False on both accounts. I know nothing of Gaiden, but all non-HP stats capped at 20 in FE1 and FE3, meaning Marth wasn't in any real danger of being outstatted since even promoted units capped at 20. And Micaiah suffering the Crappy Lord syndrome? If you want to discuss crappy lords, Roy's your boy (lolcwutididthar). He can't do anything right. And he doesn't promote for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. When he finally promotes, most of everyone else is leaps and bounds above him.

Roy's decent until he rams level 20, then is decent after promotion for 20 uses of the SoS. But he does suck in the middle.

The only other lord who suffers from "crappy lord syndrome" is Leaf, and it's only really because of his terrible bases. His growths aren't spectacular, but stats cap at 20 in FE5 and units like Othin and Fin don't let average growth rates keep them from being high up on the tier list (not to mention scroll abuse).

So really I don't think this syndrome exists =O

Edited by dondon151