Marth

Raven

Combat ranking seems like a redundant idea. There's already EXP to track how many kills you are getting, so the only point would be for everyone getting decent kill spreads instead of just the best units, but... That would be hard to track like you say.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yea, playing any games for pure kicks isnt as hard as trying to rank it. Even SS ranking is a motherfucker.

My statement assumed that you were playing both games as quickly and efficiently as possible, since IIRC this game doesn't have rankings.

Anything above A-rank in FE5 is so stupidly hard that it's really not valid (even A-rank has very harsh turn requirements). SSS-rank literally requires ridiculous RNG manipulation, Elite mode (Haven't heard of a single person pulling it off otherwise even with the ridiculous RNG manipulation), and playing in weird, fucked-up ways (huge rescue chains, warp like mad, etc.). It's for all intents and purposes impossible if you don't abuse the game, which isn't really a fair comparison.

There really isn't an event where Marth would promote other then the Fire Emblem but thats too early, or he could promote like any other unit with a master seal like Celice did.

Why couldn't he reach level 40 other units can hit 20 than level up another 20 times.

Probably because his weapon is overpowered the final two chapters. Besides, most characters you use during endgame will probably be somewhere between 20/10 and 20/15, they won't be that far ahead in terms of levels.

Actually my Marth capped 25 in strengh, 25 in speed and 30 in luck which is good because my Nabarl only capped 16 in strengh... (he is 20/20) which piss me off . Everyone is right, Ouji has a terrible HP average you HAVE TO give him a angelic robe (you can buy them in this game ^^)

Marth owns Medeus because this is the weaknest boss in FE game (60- (25x2)=10HP left plus Medeus do ~30dmgs to him so Marth can beat this guy alone) ; my Tiki is at level 30 all stats capped (expect res) and do a solo with him ^v^

Roy is Eliwood and Ninian'son sooo...what do you expect to him ? XD Micaiah has creepy speed stat...

Try him without the Falcon, and giving him the fake one. Although you will get Nagi in the Final Chapter instead of a much better character..Gato. With the Fake Falchion..it will make the fight more mesmerising and epic.

FE5 > FEDS HM5

FE5 didn't need over-powered enemies to be hard.

You practically have to be an expert player just to be able to finish it.

Fix'd.

Just playing FE5 itself wasn't enough to beat HM5. SSS ranking it is basically impossible.

It is at that. Without savestates that is.

I would assume no combat ranking because that would be too difficult?

This game doesn't rank your performance. >__>

Probably because his weapon is overpowered the final two chapters. Besides, most characters you use during endgame will probably be somewhere between 20/10 and 20/15, they won't be that far ahead in terms of levels.

Yeah, without arena abuse.

Edited by Lenneth

This game doesn't rank your performance. >__>
Read my posts. I'm thinking about making a ranked performance guideline.
Yeah, without arena abuse.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Even with Arena abuse, this would actually mean that Marth and Julian are dominating far more than other characters for most of the game, because he gets to be level 30, while everyone else is only 20.

Although you will get Nagi in the Final Chapter instead of a much better character..Gato.
Gato is only better in completing the chapter the slow, less efficient way. Nagi is much better for her utility value in helping to skip the chapter entirely.

What I meant was this way Marth could get the same amount of stat ups as everyone

Getting to level 30 is already there to make Marth capable of keeping up with promoted units. He used to only grow to level 20 in previous games, but did fine since promoted units in his previous games rammed stat caps at 20. Now with actual stat caps for promoted units, he gets to grow to level 30 a compromise.

Edited by FE3 Player

Getting to level 30 is already there to make Marth capable of keeping up with promoted units. He used to only grow to level 20 in previous games, but did fine since promoted units in his previous games rammed stat caps at 20. Now with actual stat caps for promoted units, he gets to grow to level 30 a compromise.

All I meant was if the units level wasn't reset after promotion they would be able to reach level 40 Marth dosn't promote so he could level up the same amount of times as anyone else.

Marth would ram some key stat caps, and actually end up much better than the three Paladins if he could get to level 40. Promotion bonuses be darned, he would be right below the best units in the game.

Level 30 is fine. It allows Marth to be decent, but also keeps him from being overpowered. Marth is probably the most balanced in the Lord in the series without being garbage. I'm looking at Cavalier stats, and 20/10 stats are actually pretty similar to what Marth is getting (besides extra skill and less luck). Power leveling Marth on H5 like I usually do to a Cavalier would likely make Marth a viable unit on that mode.

but his caps will likely prevent him from doubling things.
Only on H5, but then again: Most units aren't doubling on that mode. Oguma doesn't double anything that isn't a Paladin or General, which is really saying something. Edited by FE3 Player

I wasn't talking about stats I meant other units can level up a total 40 times so why not Marth
Level 30 is fine. It allows Marth to be decent, but also keeps him from being overpowered.

Also, lowering Marth's growths just to give him ten extra levels would make him a horrible unit.

Edited by FE3 Player

So if Marth's growths were more adverage would you think he should be able to reach level 40?

I would rather him be like Celice and promote like every one else with a master seal

If he had more average growths, he would need promotion bonuses. He would end up being a Roy/Eliwood clone.

As it stands though, he's kept his high growths he's had in FE1/3, and doesn't need promotion bonuses as a result since the high growths raise his averages.

Edited by FE3 Player

They could have stop leveling up at 20 then he could promote with a master seal while unpromoted he would have unpromoted caps once he promotes he could get his currant caps and reach level 20.

Ike had great growths and promoted but no one complained

So basically... You want Marth to have a promotion, even if he doesn't need one... Just for the sake of having some new class like other Lords do.

Marth's set up as it is makes him stand out from other Lords, especially since so many are based on him as it is.

So basically... You want Marth to have a promotion, even if he doesn't need one... Just for the sake of having some new class like other Lords do.

Marth's set up as it is makes him stand out from other Lords, especially since so many are based on him as it is.

Yes I think all classes should have a promotion even if it isn't needed

That's 100% opinion then. Marth never had a promotion, and they kept that about him, and he still ended up balanced. Marth has had the biggest misconception of being a crappy unit for the longest time simply because he has no promotion, but it just isn't true.

Edited by FE3 Player

That's 100% opinion then. Marth never had a promotion, and they kept that about him, and he still ended up balanced.

I never said he wasn't balanced. I agree thats what kept him original and I like that. I just think a promotion would be nice.

Edited by luigi bros