If you were in a Fire Emblem universe what class would you be and which FE region would you be on?

Ever since Playable Avatar was a thing in NmotE and could also choose which class would you be in that game such as a Myrmidon, Cavalier or Mage in that FE game what do you choose to become it could be any other FE games regardless if there isn't an Avatar in some of the other FE game series.

If I was, my choice would to become a Mercenary in New Mystery of the Emblem and be promoted as a Hero because I find Hero to be one of my favorite classes.

The Rules:

• The class has to be from that FE game that you choose
  • No being a lord, Final boss & other exclusive character classes(not even enemy exclusive monster classes) your allowed to choose being a Manakete or a Taguel
  • Class can be an unpromoted or a promoted class from that FE game

I was going to say Nohr Noble, both because Corrin is my favorite character and I adore that class from a utility and design perspective, but you said no lord classes.

With that being the case, then I would choose taguel since Panne is one of my favorites as well. I love her design and outfit/armor, and the lore behind her species is fascinating.

To pick a human class, probably Maid or Adventurer from Fates. They’re both very fun classes to use and I love their outfits. If I were an Adventurer, I’d definitely want a hat like Candace and the other enemy Adventurers. It stinks that Niles, Nina, Shura, etc. don’t have those fabulous hats.

I am already an infantry skeleton. This cannot be undone.

I'm in every single romhack that features a playable skeleton. If you've used anyone like that, that's me.

I would be a villager. Probably living in the nice and peaceful Etruria of Blazing Blade. Because hell no am I fighting in any war for some poncy noble kid. Nah, screw Etruria, Carcino, the only republic seen on screen in the series. Down with the monarchy.

Edited by Jotari

I've been in two Fire Emblem universes now, and die offscreen in both of them to provide motivation for my overrated little brother. I was the dashing Wyvern General 'Sunstone' of Grado, and Felix's unknown class brother murdered at the Tragedy of Duscur. Probably an unpromoted archer. Because if I was a Fodlan Grappler or as high as War Master, I was probably never killed no matter what the odds. Brawling Rank B gives you unlimited access to healing.

13 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

I am already an infantry skeleton. This cannot be undone.

I'm in every single romhack that features a playable skeleton. If you've used anyone like that, that's me.

ty for your service. Deadeye was a big help

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

Realistically I'd probably be a Myrmidon/Swordmaster, but given the choice (and if I actually worked out and gained some muscle) then I would be a Marshall (Sword). I'm the pre-promote armor you should've gotten in part 4 in case the others (somehow) didn't work out, much like Renning for cavs.

10 hours ago, Crows n Murder said:

You didn't say mainline, so... 

I think I'll go with Japan, and pegasus knight.

Hmm. An interesting loop hole, but I question if your Pegasus Knight could function in Japan. I don't remember the precise details of TMS's lore, but I'm pretty sure they only ever use their super natural powers in specific magical areas. Presumably they just don't have them in Japan as is and anything that happens there follows conventional laws of physics. So your Pegasus would break it's bones and fall apart on a cellular level right away, or, at best, be a regular horse with useless vestigial wings. If supernatural powers are presumed to work, then absolutely Curate and Japan, where I could use my healing skills to help thousands of critically injure people (though replenishing staves in Japan might be harder, so perhaps a Three Houses style healer with set charges would work better).

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Hmm. An interesting loop hole, but I question if your Pegasus Knight could function in Japan. I don't remember the precise details of TMS's lore, but I'm pretty sure they only ever use their super natural powers in specific magical areas. Presumably they just don't have them in Japan as is and anything that happens there follows conventional laws of physics. So your Pegasus would break it's bones and fall apart on a cellular level right away, or, at best, be a regular horse with useless vestigial wings. If supernatural powers are presumed to work, then absolutely Curate and Japan, where I could use my healing skills to help thousands of critically injure people (though replenishing staves in Japan might be harder, so perhaps a Three Houses style healer with set charges would work better).

Actually, there are cases where the supernatural stuff is indeed done in the real world. I'm trying to recall if it was only in areas that have Idolasphere gates, but point is, it is happening in the real world. There's even a point where Kiria enacts her Carnage Form while in Shibuya. So yes, it'd be doable. Or like with Tsuabsa, it'd be a pegasus with rocket boosters.

---

On that subject... yeah, would also go with TMS for the convenience of adapting to it. As for class... well, TMS does have its own sets of classes for Mirage Masters, so I'd go with Dark Mage. Would I have to have a Mirage too, then? Hmm... hmm... hmm... welp, now that's a hard one to decide...

29 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Three Houses healing does come with the downside of being confirmed in-lore (in a conversation with Manuela) to only really be good for trauma, battlefield medicine, emergency medicine and other similar situations, with regular medicine required for more long-term healing. So while it would still be miraculously useful in a real world situation, it would also be relatively limited. Possibly better to go with Shadows of Valentia magic, that also doesn't require staves, but doesn't (that I know of) have that lore restriction that Three Houses does. Yeah, it drains your health, but so long as you have a good supply of food on hand, you'll be fine. Eating two sausages is enough to cast Fortify 5 times. Sacrifice would also be a fun option, but the original rules disallowed Lord classes, alas. Or maybe the best healing option would be a Heron. If we're allowed Manaketes and Taguel, then Herons should be fine too, right? Blessing and Galdrar should be phenomenally useful, especially the Recovery Galdr which is completely useless in game. And you could fly. Sadly, the rules limit us to classes from the game that we're choosing, so if we want to be in Tokyo, then we're limited to TMS classes, which doesn't give us a whole lot of choices for healing. I don't remember TMS all that well, but I don't recall it having any dedicated healing classes unfortunately.

Though honestly, I think I'd be more inclined to go for black magic rather than white. Even pretty basic magic effects tend to violate fundamental laws of physics like conservation of energy, so there's a good chance you'd be able to set up perpetual motion machines, provide clean energy sources, etc. Although this does risk running into the Superman power plant problem, so might not be the best idea after all. But then, if you were the only person with magical healing powers, you'd have a similar situation, where you either become an amoral greedy bastard and get to charge everyone through the nose, or else you'd find yourself stretched far too thin trying to help everyone.

36 minutes ago, lenticular said:

Three Houses healing does come with the downside of being confirmed in-lore (in a conversation with Manuela) to only really be good for trauma, battlefield medicine, emergency medicine and other similar situations, with regular medicine required for more long-term healing.

Personally, I've always felt that was always a thing, even if left unsaid. Healing magic can repair the body, but like, what are you going to do with an illness caused by, say, bacteria? Can't exactly kill them with healing magic, now does it?

36 minutes ago, lenticular said:

Sadly, the rules limit us to classes from the game that we're choosing, so if we want to be in Tokyo, then we're limited to TMS classes, which doesn't give us a whole lot of choices for healing. I don't remember TMS all that well, but I don't recall it having any dedicated healing classes unfortunately.

Well, that's a bit complicated.

Like, there are Cleric-like Mirages, but their Class is the enemy-only Beast (likely since they only show up as enemies). Meanwhile, skills and abilities are learned via Carnages, as in, weapons. Tsubasa is the one who gets just about many of the Recovery category spells. Thus making her the Healer of the group. Though Kiria at least also learns some Recovery skills.

So you can say it's the Pegasus Knight who is the healing class, thanks to their Carnage available. Since, Touma who also uses lances, can't use the same ones and thus learns different skills from Tsuaba despite both using the same weapon type.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, I've always felt that was always a thing, even if left unsaid. Healing magic can repair the body, but like, what are you going to do with an illness caused by, say, bacteria? Can't exactly kill them with healing magic, now does it?

That is likewise my assumption for all titles. And, honestly, magical healing is going to be best used at the ICU. Because when it comes to other things were pretty damn good at the whole medicine thing. I mean, were not gods, something will kill you eventually, but modern medicine can tackle a hell of a lot of diseases, and if Fire Emblem's magical healing were better than our modern medicine then we wouldn't have characters like Uther dying from vague soap opera disease. So healing being limited to injured only is less a restriction and would more be the main goal, as keeping people alive after a horrific accent isn't always easy.

7 hours ago, lenticular said:

Though honestly, I think I'd be more inclined to go for black magic rather than white. Even pretty basic magic effects tend to violate fundamental laws of physics like conservation of energy, so there's a good chance you'd be able to set up perpetual motion machines, provide clean energy sources, etc. Although this does risk running into the Superman power plant problem, so might not be the best idea after all. But then, if you were the only person with magical healing powers, you'd have a similar situation, where you either become an amoral greedy bastard and get to charge everyone through the nose, or else you'd find yourself stretched far too thin trying to help everyone.

I don't think Fire Emblem magic does break conservation of energy. Because durability exists meaning something in some form is being used up and eventually deplenishes (if that's a word, I think it's bit, but, bah). I guess there are some unbreakable tomes, but my brain is actually drawing a blank thinking of any other than Yune blessed tomes or Engage where durability does exist.

Edited by Jotari

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

I don't think Fire Emblem magic does break conservation of energy. Because durability exists meaning something in some form is being used up and eventually deplenishes (if that's a word, I think it's bit, but, bah). I guess there are some unbreakable tomes, but my brain is actually drawing a blank thinking of any other than Yune blessed tomes or Engage where durability does exist.

Well, there's Imhullu, Naglfar, Creiddylad, and Grima's Truth.

Grima's Truth is specifically mentioned to draw its power from Grima itself (so then Grima has infinite energy to give?). Creiddylad is likely Ashera-blessed so its infinite use is not quite the norm. Naglfar... I don't think it's stated how it gets its energy, but if it's like Grima's Truth, then it'd be Formortis the source. As for Imhullu... the most we know is that Gharnef created it from the Darksphere. The only other tome created from the spheres, Starlight, does have durability. Beyond just the gameplay aspects (as Starlight is for player use while Imhullu isn't, outside that one DLC map from New Mystery), what is the possible story distinction, then? That Darksphere can have infinite energy but the Lightsphere and Starsphere don't? Or that Gharnef knows a better way to do it.

Worth pointing out that 3/4 are Dark Magic. Maybe that is a factor as well for their Perpetual Energy?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, there's Imhullu, Naglfar, Creiddylad, and Grima's Truth.

Grima's Truth is specifically mentioned to draw its power from Grima itself (so then Grima has infinite energy to give?). Creiddylad is likely Ashera-blessed so its infinite use is not quite the norm. Naglfar... I don't think it's stated how it gets its energy, but if it's like Grima's Truth, then it'd be Formortis the source. As for Imhullu... the most we know is that Gharnef created it from the Darksphere. The only other tome created from the spheres, Starlight, does have durability. Beyond just the gameplay aspects (as Starlight is for player use while Imhullu isn't, outside that one DLC map from New Mystery), what is the possible story distinction, then? That Darksphere can have infinite energy but the Lightsphere and Starsphere don't? Or that Gharnef knows a better way to do it.

Worth pointing out that 3/4 are Dark Magic. Maybe that is a factor as well for their Perpetual Energy?

Well we can also cite gameplay story segregation for some of these too. Like, Imhullu has to have infinite durability, otherwise you could just tank it until it breaks and then kill Gharnef without Starlight (though it actually did have durability in the very first game, I don't think enemies use up their durability in that game though). They might also we'll be inexhaustible rather than infinite. Meaning they could theoretically break eventually, but no one could ever actually do it.

22 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, the Restore staff can cure poison, so I don't see it as much of a stretch to go from there to curing infections. Maybe it just purges the bacteria from the body? Or maybe it stimulated the immune system enough to let it fight off the infection itself? Or maybe it just temporarily removes the symptoms and you're still going to have to spend a week in bed afterwards recovering, but you can at least manage to get through the rest of the battle. It's never really clear.

And then there's also all of the stuff with the Galdr of Rebirth and the Feral One drug, which is a specific example, but does at least show some of the potential for healing magic.

22 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like, there are Cleric-like Mirages, but their Class is the enemy-only Beast (likely since they only show up as enemies). Meanwhile, skills and abilities are learned via Carnages, as in, weapons. Tsubasa is the one who gets just about many of the Recovery category spells. Thus making her the Healer of the group. Though Kiria at least also learns some Recovery skills.

So you can say it's the Pegasus Knight who is the healing class, thanks to their Carnage available. Since, Touma who also uses lances, can't use the same ones and thus learns different skills from Tsuaba despite both using the same weapon type.

Yeah, that sort of thing is always complicated. When there's only a single individual of a given class, it's impossible to really say which of the abilities are from the class and which are from the individual. Does Pegasus Knight learn healing skills, or does Tsubasa? There's no real answer. So I guess that for a question like this, it's fine to just handwave it and go for whichever answer best fits what you want to do.

15 hours ago, Jotari said:

That is possible, but it also raises a whole lot of new questions. Mainly: how are tomes even made? If we're assuming that they are loaded with magical potential energy, then that energy has to have come from somewhere. And in the case of something like a Meteor tome that drops a giant flaming rock on people, that is a staggeringly enormous amount of energy. Who is even making these tomes to begin with? How? What is the energy source that they're using? And why are they not way, way more expensive than they are?

1 hour ago, lenticular said:

Well, the Restore staff can cure poison, so I don't see it as much of a stretch to go from there to curing infections. Maybe it just purges the bacteria from the body? Or maybe it stimulated the immune system enough to let it fight off the infection itself? Or maybe it just temporarily removes the symptoms and you're still going to have to spend a week in bed afterwards recovering, but you can at least manage to get through the rest of the battle. It's never really clear.

That's a good point. Though restore also heals sleep...which... honestly you shouldn't any medicine magical or mundane to fix. You just need to shake someone and they'll wake up no matter how tired they are (and in a minor reference to that reality, you actually can reduce the sleep turn count by 1 if you shove someone in Tellius). So status effects might be a bit more magical in nature than regular ailments despite poison often coming in the more physical based venin weapons.

1 hour ago, lenticular said:

That is possible, but it also raises a whole lot of new questions. Mainly: how are tomes even made? If we're assuming that they are loaded with magical potential energy, then that energy has to have come from somewhere. And in the case of something like a Meteor tome that drops a giant flaming rock on people, that is a staggeringly enormous amount of energy. Who is even making these tomes to begin with? How? What is the energy source that they're using? And why are they not way, way more expensive than they are?

While we don't see first hand anyone making Tomes in any setting, we do have Kaga notes talking about magic and how it's basically communing with nature spirits. Some kind of Scriptorium would be an awesome place for a chapter though. I imagine a big library like area with stacks of faulty or unprocessed tomes all over the place that you can attack like a dragon vein to set off all sorts of chaotic and random magic effects.

Edited by Jotari

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

That's a good point. Though restore also heals sleep...which... honestly you shouldn't any medicine magical or mundane to fix. You just need to shake someone and they'll wake up no matter how tired they are (and in a minor reference to that reality, you actually can reduce the sleep turn count by 1 if you shove someone in Tellius). So status effects might be a bit more magical in nature than regular ailments despite poison often coming in the more physical based venin weapons.

Wait. You can have people wake up faster by shoving them in Tellius? I've wasted whole minutes of my life to not knowing that when sitting around waiting for Ike to wake up when I forgot to bring a Restore staff to a relevant level.

I could get behind the idea of venin weapons being minorly magical rather than just "regular iron weapon dipped in poison"; the Three Houses version is forged from Venomstone, which definitely feels magical. But then we have things like daggers in Engage, which don't feel at all magical. And weird outliers like the Tellius incarnation of Deadeye causing sleep, which doesn't make a slightest lick of sense either as magical or as mundane. We are probably overthinking things dramatically by trying to find any sort of unifying pattern here. (So what's new?)

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Some kind of Scriptorium would be an awesome place for a chapter though. I imagine a big library like area with stacks of faulty or unprocessed tomes all over the place that you can attack like a dragon vein to set off all sorts of chaotic and random magic effects.

That would be an amazing setting. I love it thematically, aesthetically, and mechanically. There is so much that could be done with that. I'm also imagining it as the enemy has attacked the library and set it on fire to try to stop your side from having your supply of tomes, so you have to try to fight the fire as you kill the enemy, because the burning books will have some funky magical enviornmental hazards.

Regardless, I'm making this my answer to the original question of this thread. I want to work in the scriptorium or library that creates all the magic tomes. Which is from Hypothetical Fire Emblem Game That Doesn't Exist Yet, which is my favourite game in the series.

3 minutes ago, lenticular said:

Regardless, I'm making this my answer to the original question of this thread. I want to work in the scriptorium or library that creates all the magic tomes. Which is from Hypothetical Fire Emblem Game That Doesn't Exist Yet, which is my favourite game in the series.

Well, while we don't actually see it (due to how barren maps were back there in terms of detail), Khadein is one such place. Not only it is a magic school, but they also make tomes/staves there.